• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggwolio

Well I'm renovating my creepy basement into an underground arcade so I'm gonna be getting rid of all of my gyroids. Is anyone here interested in them? You can have them for free. These are the ones I have:

oboid
mega sputnoid
squat nebuloid
tall bovoid
tall lullaboid

I know this was two days and twenty pages ago, but are these still available?

Linius

Aww that's very nice of you! Thank you!

You have to pass. I always save before doing her check just in case. Some themes don't match (like formal and rock'n'roll) so always check which theme everything you're wearing belong to.

Good to know. Definitely not wanna screw the rare occassions that she appears.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Actually, you know what, my fortune today was related to my "love life," so I wonder if wearing my lucky item factored into Rhonda giving me her picture.

MicH

Well, well, well. Look what just spawned

tumblr_mr4c0z04SF1svgayqo1_400.jpg

This is seriously a lucky town. I TTed twice since you visited, Philia, and this baby appeared. I'm not quite certain which tulips it spawned from. The yellow one spawned the same day. I should probably have separated the orange tulips from the black, red and yellow ones completely :/
So I've been thinking. Can this be a result of a red x black pairing? I'm also doubting that the yellow one spawned on the same day. It doesn't look like it's an orange x orange spawn.

So it could be a result of a

red x orange pair
red x yellow pair
red x red pair
red x black pair
black x black pair (?)
yellow x orange pair

What do you guys think?

Not entirely true. I have gotten two from furniture replacement requests as well, which certainly aren't terribly demanding :)

Curious. Can I ask if you gave the villager either rare/spotlight furniture or refurbished furniture? I noticed the one time I gave Muffy a refurbished Rococo Bed I got a much better item than normal from her in exchange (and they specifically comment on refurbished stuff).

Marvie_3

Banned
Pictures can only be obtained as rare rewards from the most demanding requests (rare beetle/fish requests, petitions, perfect fruit or medicine) or when they move out and have maximum friendship.
Yeah I've done a ton of those types of errands and still have nothing to show for it. That's on top of sending tons of letters and presents and doing tons of other errands.

If it makes you feel better, I've given Drago an arowana, a saw shark, and a catfish, and he still just gives me stupid shit. Fucking dragon getting off on being withholding.
Damn Russians.

Chopper

So I've been thinking. Can this be a result of a red x black pairing? I'm also doubting that the yellow one spawned on the same day. It doesn't look like it's an orange x orange spawn.

So it could be a result of a

red x orange pair
red x yellow pair
red x red pair
red x black pair
black x black pair (?)
yellow x orange pair

What do you guys think?
The yellow could be spawn from red x yellow or orange x orange, I reckon.

I think the purple has come from the orange x orange too, or the black x black. I have two separate beds testing both of these combinations out, so I'll be able to give a bit more insight soon hopefully.

Wolfe

Pictures can only be obtained as rare rewards from the most demanding requests (rare beetle/fish requests, petitions, perfect fruit or medicine) or when they move out and have maximum friendship.

And yeah, if anyone needs clothes to pass Gracie checks any time let me know - I've got almost full sets (screw modern) which will easily pass you the tests.

Kami already got a picture for a flea which throws the only hard requests theory out the window. Edit: now that I think about it I got Jay's pic the other day and I'm pretty sure it was for a furniture request, gotta wait till I catch him in his house to confirm.

I've still got a bunch of bamboo in my plaza if anyone wants to snag some/all of it.

Also got my first lazy camper yesterday and I happened to have a full box of island beetles still waiting to be unloaded, made over 1 million pawning them off on him over the course of the day :p

Linius

You clearly missed the infamous tale of Kamikazekoale and his pics. He got one for handing a flea to one of his villagers ffs

zigg

Interesting thing I just noticed.

I had my 3DS open at 11-odd to check turnip prices. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to close it and wasn't able to get back until just now. I had a dialogue with Reese started, but hadn't actually asked for prices yet.

Asking for prices at this point, I got the morning price. After the dialogue ended, I asked again, and got the afternoon price.

Of course, this wouldn't mean I'd be able to still nab the morning price, because the dialogue ends immediately after the answer. Still, interesting that you can hold the dialogue open so long and it maintains the state from when it was first started.

MicH

No. Red and the Black isn't touching each other. Keep that in mind.
So wait. Flowers have to touch each other to hybridize? So this narrows it down to:

red x yellow
orange x orange
black x black
orange x yellow
red x orange (the ones to the left/beneath the yellow one)?

Didn't koala say he got a picture for a flea? That enrages me. I fulfill all requests and buy/trade everything they offer even stuff I don't need but still no pictures. I just want them to love me. :(

I found the phone, MicH. As soon as Ms. Philia's done buying the crowns in my shop, I can come by and drop it off. :3

Or Mich can go over there lol.

Gates only open to BFs at the moment and Mic isn't on my list. :/ I wasn't sure how long it would be until you came back.

Niraj

Curious. Can I ask if you gave the villager either rare/spotlight furniture or refurbished furniture? I noticed the one time I gave Muffy a refurbished Rococo Bed I got a much better item than normal from her in exchange (and they specifically comment on refurbished stuff).

Nah, I just gave normal junk lol

I did give Rhonda a custom minimalist wardrobe yesterday, and while she commented on it, she just gave me something common (forget what exactly).

Incidentally, for those requests, make sure the villager is outside, otherwise they'll just give you the replaced item as your "reward." Tested it with Rhonda yesterday, out of 20 times where she was in her house, my reward was the stepladder she wanted to replace.

You clearly missed the infamous tale of Kamikazekoale and his pics. He got one for handing a flea to one of his villagers ffs

Well that certainly throws the theory out of the windows. I've only ever got them from petitions so maybe it just has a far higher chance of occurring with those ones.

By the way Philia, did the two clothing bits you ordered arrive yet?

Chopper

So wait. Flowers have to touch each other to hybridize? So this narrows it down to:

red x yellow
orange x orange
black x black
orange x yellow
red x orange (the ones to the left/beneath the yellow one)?
Yeah, but due to their rarity, and evidence from this thread and other guides, orange x orange and black x black are most likely.

Didn't we determine once it was possible for a hybrid to spawn between parents? Or at least speculate on that?
I'd bet my Gaf account on that not being true.

Philia

Didn't we determine once it was possible for a hybrid to spawn between parents? Or at least speculate on that?

You're missing the picture he've posted. Look at it, he's referring the red and black in that shot and they're not touching each other.

By the way Philia, did the two clothing bits you ordered arrive yet?

Yes, I'll be coming over after I'm done at bluepolicebox's.

zigg

You're missing the picture. Look at it, he's referring the red and black in that shot and they're not touching each other.
It's touching both a red and a black. And I thought we discussed once about the possibility that a hybrid could spawn between its parents even if they weren't touching each other. I don't recall the circumstances though.

zigg

Did you really just derp. Red and Black is NOT its parents. Only ONE of the other.
Don't make me hit you. :p

It seems incredibly unlikely but dammit, there was a discussion of exactly this case like a month ago or something. It was a weird spawn that seemed inexplicable unless you entertained the possibility that a hybrid could spawn between two non-touching parents.

Is this the only OT on GAF that could come to blows over flowers?

Good idea, but I don't see the town :/ I'm pretty sure we're friends though :p Unless it's BF only of course

It is but Philia just told me how to open for everyone. I'll drop the phone by the station. Feel free to see Katrina or grab free stuff in the plaza.

MicH

Yeah, but due to their rarity, and evidence from this thread and other guides, orange x orange and black x black are most likely.

I will try to experiment further with this as well. It was stupid to plant everything so close.

zigg

In retrospect, that discussion may have been hand-wavingly explainable with gene theory, which I may have only started to have believed in at the time.

Since then I've seen a lot more examples that seem to truck with gene theory.

Anyway yeah in the specific case above I'm much more apt to believe in orange x orange. Especially since, if I'm not thinking wrongly, orange looks like the most likely candidate to be at least one parent.

Wolfe

Totally forgot Horned Hercules are the super rare ones. Confused with the Horned Atlast :(

At least it wasn't rainbow stag, that's still by far the beetle I find the least of.

Edit: last call for this bamboo before I trash it.

Edit2: man I just love coming across Phineas :D, makes my 9th silver, someday I'll get a gold though.

You can bring Katie here and pick up some of the axes in my plaza. FC is in my profile and Katrina's here if you need here.

I'll open for you now. But don't bring me axes. I got the golden one last night and am trying to get rid of a ton of them.

Sorry, had to eat first. So can I come? :)

Wrong. :) I got Lyman's picture for trading a flea with him, Punchy's picture for delivering him something from Lyman (was a stupid shirt) and got Rory's picture in the mail for just visiting my house. Maybe I just have a lot and a lot of luck, but it looks like that theory can said to be busted. :)

Wrong. :) I got Lyman's picture for trading a flea with him, Punchy's picture for delivering him something from Lyman (was a stupid shirt) and got Rory's picture in the mail for just visiting my house. Maybe I just have a lot and a lot of luck, but I looks like that theory can said to be busted. :)

Good. I'm glad for that old theory to be completed busted, Muffy never gives me demanding requests and I normally always ignore the standard requests nowadays so it gives me a reason to do them.

Niraj

Sorry, I have that one. In art I need

Ancient statue
Beautiful
Gallant
Great

paintings

Nice
Dynamic
Famous
Common
Proper
Scary
Scenic
Serene
Solemn
Wild
Worthy

PS. I left a nice painting for you yesterday and you forgot to pick it up :) would you like me to bring it over?

TrickRoom

Found my first mushroom today. How do these used for? I hear these things spawn near patterned stumps, but does the pattern matter? Silver Axe seems like something very handy to have here...

Niraj

Found my first mushroom today. How do these used for? I hear these things spawn near patterned stumps, but does the pattern matter? Silver Axe seems like something very handy to have here...

Eat it, and watch as the secrets of the Animal Crossing universe come swimming before your very eyes.

Wolfe

Yo Kami did you want those axes? I'm tossing them otherwise.

I've still got a spare basic painting too if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom