• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Thonky hasn't listed all possibilites but most of it on there for the hybrids I have is true information. A lot of these hybrids I have I breeded by following their guide. Philia has only been to my town once and she got disconnected before she could even do some proper gardening so I have been doing 90% of it myself. So nope, Thonky isn't all that bad.

EDIT

If you want a red carnation you can have one of me Uber, I got four of them now.

Linius

I still need:

Black cosmos
Blue violets
White carnations

Wooo

Going to set up two new flowerbeds for black cosmos and blue violets tonight.

Btw, do you water each of your hybrid beds or just a couple of them for the ones you want really badly? Not sure if you can increase the chances on certain hybrids by not watering all of your flowerbeds?

MicH

Going to set up two new flowerbeds for black cosmos and blue violets tonight.

Btw, do you water each of your hybrid beds or just a couple of them for the ones you want really badly? Not sure if you can increase the chances on certain hybrids by not watering all of your flowerbeds?
I have switched to BTO and only water the flowers I want to breed. If you water too many I find the results to mixed. I find that you increase your chances by getting what you want if you only target that and a few more flowers

Linius

I have switched to BTO and only water the flowers I want to breed. If you water too many I find the results to mixed. I find that you increase your chances by getting what you want if you only target that and a few more flowers

Think I'm gonna do that as well from now on. Today I watered all of my hybrid beds but from tomorrow I'll just target certain beds and see what's the result.

Chopper

So on Philia's advice I posted on gamefaqs for crown-sellers. I got two bites: one from a girl who had a handful of crowns to sell - she tipped me 400K. Then there was some guy who had 173 crowns to sell, but tipped me 16 of them. So I made around 9m from that, and kept one.

Thanks for the advice Philia!
Is that from having hats on special today?!

UberTag

If you want a red carnation you can have one of me Uber, I got four of them now.
Awesome. I'd love one, thanks.
Will be nice to have some on hand for when Mom gives pink carnations next May.

I'll bring some blue violets over in exchange.

Incidentally, if anyone has a pair of Black Loafers on hand/they can order that I can catalog, I'd appreciate it. That's the last pair of non-Gracie shoes I need... apart from the holiday-exclusive footwear and those flip-flops on the Island that continue to elude me.

Linius

Incidentally, if anyone has a pair of Black Loafers on hand/they can order that I can catalog, I'd appreciate it. That's the last pair of non-Gracie shoes I need... apart from the holiday-exclusive footwear and those flip-flops on the Island that continue to elude me.

Can you come by with 30 minutes or so? I'll give you two then, because you won't be able to breed with only one :p

Wolfe

I'm wearing some now if you want to drop by again.

Chopper

Yes. Dupers want premium on hats because Royal Crowns is the best way to dupe money instead of 99k bags. Before you ask why, there's the 100 million bell saver gold badge and the atm.
Well, I guess I know for next time! I don't want to join Gamefaqs, but I guess I'm gonna have to...!

Philia

Well, I guess I know for next time! I don't want to join Gamefaqs, but I guess I'm gonna have to...!

I would if I had premium on perfect fruits too but I don't trust GameFAQs all that much to invite them over my town and... do god knows what to my gardens lol.

But yes, you should do very well to pay attention to your retail premiums from now on.

Busaiku

Is there a database that lists the animals in the order they are in the game?
Everything I've seen is alphabetical, so it makes it hard to keep track

Just need to know if I have everything that I can catch.

Missing 6 bugs, 15 fish, 9 deep sea.

UberTag

Just need to know if I have everything that I can catch.

Missing 6 bugs, 15 fish, 9 deep sea.
You've got everything. Here's what's left (including when they are first available):

BUG HITLIST - OVERALL

Bell Cricket - SEPTEMBER
Cricket - SEPTEMBER
Red Dragonfly - SEPTEMBER

Bagworm - OCTOBER

Mole Cricket - NOVEMBER

Dung Beetle - DECEMBER

FISH HITLIST - OVERALL

King Salmon - EARLY SEPTEMBER
Pike - EARLY SEPTEMBER
Salmon - EARLY SEPTEMBER

Mitten Crab - MID-SEPTEMBER

Dab - OCTOBER
Yellow Perch - OCTOBER

Bitterling - NOVEMBER
Football Fish - NOVEMBER
Tuna - NOVEMBER

Oarfish - DECEMBER
Pond Smelt - DECEMBER
Sea Butterfly - DECEMBER
Stringfish - DECEMBER

Blowfish - JANUARY (possibly November according to Liquefy; Thonky says January)

Loach - MARCH

DIVING HITLIST - OVERALL

Clam - EARLY SEPTEMBER
Oyster - EARLY SEPTEMBER

Spiny Lobster - MID-SEPTEMBER
Sweet Shrimp - MID-SEPTEMBER

Horsehair Crab - NOVEMBER
Red King Crab - NOVEMBER
Sea Cucumber - NOVEMBER
Snow Crab - NOVEMBER

Spider Crab - MARCH

Linius

How do you guys have an Monarch Butterfly, I checked several guides and they all say from august?

EDIT

Oh the island apparently. Never seen them.

Thanks to rare donations, I'll have every flower except the purple pansy. I'll be busy trying to breed them SLOWLY lol. (No TTing over here.)

But I just want to credit to my husband, Zigg, Samurai_Heart, Niraj, Eudaemonic and finally and not the last I'm sure, MicH for helping me reach so many hybrids at my town. I thank you yall so much! :D

EDIT: Derp, that black cosmos STILL eludes me lol.

I'm breeding purple pansies and will have 2 to give you to breed if you want in a few days. Don't know how hardcore you're being.

Jak140

I have perfect pears (foreign fruit) on premium today if anyone needs to sell some. My island has a cabana table too if anyone is looking for one. Sahara is also in town but I'm not sure if visitors can buy from her or not.
FC: 3566 2276 4051

UberTag

How do you guys have an Monarch Butterfly, I checked several guides and they all say from august?

EDIT

Oh the island apparently. Never seen them.
To be more specific, they can be caught during island tours. No special flower arrangements are necessary here.

Linius

I'm gonna need to bring some flowers to my island to see the monarch butterfly appear apparently. Specific sort of flowers, or will any flower do?

And Jak, I think I'm paying you another visit then. I got some perfect pears stocked.

To be more specific, they can be caught during island tours.

Uh? But I never have my net. I've seen plenty of them during the scavenger hunt tour but I can't catch them. Can you take bugs home from a bug catching tour?

UberTag

Uh? But I never have my net. I've seen plenty of them during the scavenger hunt tour but I can't catch them. Can you take bugs home from a bug catching tour?
Nope. But on some NON-bug catching tours (like the scavenger hunt) you can borrow a net from Lloid and capture them that way.

MicH

If anyone has something that attracts flies and ants, please let me know. I still need those (and the oetaltail, tarantula and scorpion oh god)

Jak140

I'm gonna need to bring some flowers to my island to see the monarch butterfly appear apparently. Specific sort of flowers, or will any flower do?

And Jak, I think I'm paying you another visit then. I got some perfect pears stocked.

Okay, opening gates now.

Edit: Open!

zigg

Thonky hasn't listed all possibilites but most of it on there for the hybrids I have is true information.
I'm sorry, I can't let this stand. There is truth there, yes, but then there's crap like yellow x red cosmos making pink. Could it happen? Maybe, if the yellow had white genes in it, or the yellow had red genes in it and the red had white, but does that make it useful information?

I say no, because it's misleading, and often it just seems like they were combinations that were put up there because some random person reported a spawn once. Maybe they didn't even correctly observe the parents, but either way, it's not productive to set up yellow x red cosmos if your goal is pink, because it'll only work if the genes involved, which you can't see, line up a certain way. You want red x white if you want pink.

In short, you want canonical parent combinations, which is much better represented elsewhere (though even with other sources you still need to read between the lines.) The rest is effectively chance, unless you're going super-hardcore and can definitively detail the heritage of any given flower in your town.

This is part of what irritates me so much about flowers in NL. The hidden genetic system is obfuscating the real information. I've spent a lot of time reading between the lines with various guides and think I've got a good handle on it, but still. We should be 100% clear on this by now.

We need some sort of DNA sequencer for flowers.

UberTag

If anyone has something that attracts flies and ants, please let me know. I still need those (and the oetaltail, tarantula and scorpion oh god)
Just 26 days left to capture a tarantula.
But look at it this way. None of us are going to legitimately earn our Golden Nets until next June's Bug Off anyhow so you can always take another crack at bagging a tarantula then.

Oxx

Aww yiss, Turnip have been sold. Time for a relaxing week of AC.

I've succumbed to the pressure and actually laid down some paths. Maybe I should start planting some flowers and trees too.

Linius

Okay, opening gates now.

Edit: Open!

Oh sorry, I didn't meant I was ready right on. Just got back from the shower :p

I'll boot up my 3DS in a sec and come over ;)

I'm sorry, I can't let this stand. There is truth there, yes, but then there's crap like yellow x red cosmos making pink. Could it happen? Maybe, if the yellow had white genes in it, or the yellow had red genes in it and the red had white, but does that make it useful information?

I say no, because it's misleading, and often it just seems like they were combinations that were put up there because some random person reported a spawn once. Maybe they didn't even correctly observe the parents, but either way, it's not productive to set up yellow x red cosmos if your goal is pink, because it'll only work if the genes involved, which you can't see, line up a certain way. You want red x white if you want pink.

In short, you want canonical parent combinations, which is much better represented elsewhere (though even with other sources you still need to read between the lines.) The rest is effectively chance, unless you're going super-hardcore and can definitively detail the heritage of any given flower in your town.

This is part of what irritates me so much about flowers in NL. The hidden genetic system is obfuscating the real information. I've spent a lot of time reading between the lines with various guides and think I've got a good handle on it, but still. We should be 100% clear on this by now.

We need some sort of DNA sequencer for flowers.

Yeah, I understand that it's confusing that some of the information on there is false. I asked a long time a go what guide would be the best but I never had a clear answer on that. What do you use for example?

Jak140

Oh sorry, I didn't meant I was ready right on. Just got back from the shower :p

I'll boot up my 3DS in a sec and come over ;)

Yeah, I understand that it's confusing that some of the information on there is false. I asked a long time a go what guide would be the best but I never had a clear answer on that. What do you use for example?

Np, gates'll be open for the next 30 min or so. I might be back later too if anyone else needs to sell.

Can I come to someone's town that has historic clothings for me to borrow lol, I need them for Gracie's fashion check XD
Damn at all the crown/hat selling info. My Re-Tail is actually buying hats for a premium too!
TBF you will only get back your buying price with premium =/

Linius

Thanks for letting me sell my pears Jak!

Also found out I have some serious catching to do, there are 9 different sorts of fish out there right now that I haven't donated yet. And 6 different bugs that I haven't donated yet. Catching some of those fish will finally get me the silver fish medal too. Already got the bug one.

Uber, if I should open my gates for you in a bit let me know.

Zero_IYAD

To catch a fly, go fish till you pull any trash item -boot, wheel, can- & just dump it on the ground, you can spot a fly on it later.
To get an ant, just keep shaking a perfect fruit tree till it weathers & drops a rotten fruit, leave that rotten one there & it'll attracts a ton of ants.

Novocaine

Still on the hunt for a few items, either to trade or catalog. I have a bunch of stuff I can trade, all of my extra fossils, Nintendo items and music can be found on this spreadsheet. Also have ore and bells.

Need:

Bath Tile
Bathhouse Wall
Medicine Chest
Metroid
Milk Case
Quince Bonsai

Also if you happen to need any of those fossils or Nintendo items even if you don't have something I need you are welcome to it for free. PM me if you are interested.

TrickRoom

When the phone says the lucky item is a "T-Shirt", does any kind work (toad shirt, kiddie tee, etc), or is it specifically the clothing called "T-shirt"?

veras

Anyone have a Ukulele for trade? It's my last island item and driving me nuts

Edit: Oh my god right after I post this I find an island with one and I think it's crashed/locking up without saving

Yep lost it ouuuuch

Philia

When the phone says the lucky item is a "T-Shirt", does any kind work (toad shirt, kiddie tee, etc), or is it specifically the clothing called "T-shirt"?

I had this problem the other day and any kind of tee worked for me. I haven't tried the other types.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA. I left my gate open all this time so my 3DS's battery died.

Oh and I finally completed the New Leaf puzzle in Streetpass Plaza. YAY!

Elija2

Gracie just mentioned making a surprise appearance at her former assistant's place of work. It's nice that she actually acknowledges Labelle.

Pikma

Banned
So let's say a new girl is passing her day(s) at my town's campsite, and I like her enough to want her to live permanently in my town, problem is, my town's already full. Could I kick out someone fast enough to be able to invite her in? she just arrived today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom