• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help everyone, especially Suzu, passed Gracie's fashion check with the full Ninja outfit =D

She gave me a Cyan Argyle tank for passing
Edit: Also it's not reorderable, just an FYI.

Philia

Thanks for the help everyone, especially Suzu, passed Gracie's fashion check with the full Ninja outfit =D

She gave me a Cyan Argyle tank for passing

Glad it helped! I hope you've returned the outfit to suzu... o.o

I got a shelf from her for passing Basic. Basic was the easiest test to get. I should consider myself fortunate. I just pray to god I don't get modern... :(

Glad it helped! I hope you've returned the outfit to suzu... o.o

I got a shelf from her for passing Basic. Basic was the easiest test to get. I should consider myself fortunate. I just pray to god I don't get modern... :(

Modern is going to be a pain, but I think it's possible to pass with only 3 items.

My current outfit for Modern is: Oval Shades, Blue Retro Dress, and Clogs. (Still looking for clogs though.)

Anybody want to visit Katrina?
Sure! I'd love to swing by.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Modern is going to be a pain, but I think it's possible to pass with only 3 items.

My current outfit for Modern is: Oval Shades, Blue Retro Dress, and Clogs. (Still looking for clogs though.)

Sure! I'd love to swing by.

Open! Anybody else on my friend list who wants to see her, come on by.

Philia

I'll order the clogs for you. Didn't realize I have it. I'll need to catalog that blue retro dress.

I have the full Ornate outfit at my place because the items are conveniently Fairy Tale themed.

Probably just lost my town. Thought I'd get a new, hopefully faster SD card so I made the switch but the new one was acting screwy. I finally got it to work and started AC. Everything was fine until I tried to test the loading time to Main Street. Got a message that the SD was removed and the system restarted. I switched back to my working SD card only to find that since AC had saved at some point while I played it off the bad SD card, the save on my original SD card was no longer valid and could no longer be used.

I probably won't even bother with the game again, to be honest. Ahh well. Thanks for everything, folks!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Samurai_Heart and I were having such a good time, and suzu just had to go ahead and ruin it like usual. I don't know why she has to do this time and time again. I just want to have fun and talk to some animals, not go through psychological torture.

Passing with 3 items is actually better than passing with a full set. If you ace the check you'll get some Gracie furniture, but it is all stuff you can buy from the T&T Emporium. If you just barely pass it you get a Gracie top and there are a number of Gracie clothes (generally all the nicest ones) that can ONLY be obtained as fashion check prizes.

Linius

Samurai_Heart and I were having such a good time, and suzu just had to go ahead and ruin it like usual. I don't know why she has to do this time and time again. I just want to have fun and talk to some animals, not go through psychological torture.

It's time the holy default tree church opens up it's doors. You'll find your peace there.

Philia

Passing with 3 items is actually better than passing with a full set. If you ace the check you'll get some Gracie furniture, but it is all stuff you can buy from the T&T Emporium. If you just barely pass it you get a Gracie top and there are a number of Gracie clothes (generally all the nicest ones) that can ONLY be obtained as fashion check prizes.

o_O' You can't buy her clothes from her?

Speaking of... I do also have the full set of cute at my place too.

Animekatt

Wow, that's good to know...

Probably just lost my town. Thought I'd get a new, hopefully faster SD card so I made the switch but the new one was acting screwy. I finally got it to work and started AC. Everything was fine until I tried to test the loading time to Main Street. Got a message that the SD was removed and the system restarted. I switched back to my working SD card only to find that since AC had saved at some point while I played it off the bad SD card, the save on my original SD card was no longer valid and could no longer be used.

I probably won't even bother with the game again, to be honest. Ahh well. Thanks for everything, folks!

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.

If you can, transfer the save from the screwy new SD card back to a working card ASAP! A friend of mine has the same issue, the reason it doesn't work is because your old save doesn't match the ID expected by the game, it wants your new save. As long as you can recover that save from the dodgy card your town is safe.

Oh wow, Gracie's here for her first fashion check and she wants ORNATE >.>

All I have handy is a crown... anyone have any ornate accessories, shirts, pants or shoes :(

suzu

F4kJRSp.jpg

T5qTCTe.jpg

YEdCR19.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lolwut?
Can I get a list of these supposed items?

Colin.

Have so many perfect peach trees now. I might cut down some of my other fruit trees to make room. Have a bunch of them in storage too, just waiting for re tail to pay premium for them.

Philia

All I have handy is a crown... anyone have any ornate accessories, shirts, pants or shoes :(

Well I have the top but not the skirt on me, I just ordered the fishnet tights and the skirt. Azure has the full set for you to borrow.

Have so many perfect peach trees now. I might cut down some of my other fruit trees to make room. Have a bunch of them in storage too, just waiting for re tail to pay premium for them.

If your locker is getting full (I'm talking 180 of it on your alt character), you'd just look up on GameFAQs. There's always someone making a topic on their premiums to get tips from massive sales.

o_O' You can't buy her clothes from her?
Most can be, but a small number can't. A good example is the Waistcoat that the male character on the front of the box wears, that is a fashion check reward as are a lot of the fancy looking dresses.

What I haven't confirmed yet is if they are random rewards, or if you have to have a specific number of items to get those exclusive clothes. Until someone can tell me for certain if they get furniture for passing a test with a complete outfit I can't rule out it being a reward for a perfect set, but from everything I've seen so far clothes are for 3 and probably 4 items and furniture is for full or almost full sets.

I'll order the clogs for you. Didn't realize I have it. I'll need to catalog that blue retro dress.

I have the full Ornate outfit at my place because the items are conveniently Fairy Tale themed.

Sounds good.

Wow, okay, guess I need to go through my outfits and remove some pieces. Thanks.

I've got all the other items (bar shoes, the only Ornate ones are Gracie items). Let me know your FC and I'll quickly open up so you can borrow them.

lolwut?
Can I get a list of these supposed items?
I'll give it a go, they are scattered around the pages in the Prima guide so it'll take a little while.

EDIT: Azure, my friend code is
5214-9721-0180, you are a life saver!

I've got a crown and rainbow tights, so that leaves a shirt, accessory, and pants! Since the shoes are gracie only, of course.

HawthorneKitty

Most can be, but a small number can't. A good example is the Waistcoat that the male character on the front of the box wears, that is a fashion check reward as are a lot of the fancy looking dresses.

What I haven't confirmed yet is if they are random rewards, or if you have to have a specific number of items to get those exclusive clothes. Until someone can tell me for certain if they get furniture for passing a test with a complete outfit I can't rule out it being a reward for a perfect set, but from everything I've seen so far clothes are for 3 and probably 4 items and furniture is for full or almost full sets.
You are probably thinking of the SALE time items.
Gracie has sales the last 15 days of each season and there is a small selection of clothes/accessories available [large when comparing to seasonal clothes] (as well as the Card series). THERE ARE NO EXCLUSIVE GRACIE VISITING ITEMS.

Levi

Banned
I don't have time to add anyone so I won't be posting in the turnip thread, (at work) but my gates are open and I have a very high price for turnips and a bonus on ore.

If Dredfort is in your list and you have ore or turnips, come on over. I'll probably be afk. Stupid work.

You are probably thinking of the SALE time items.
Gracie has sales the last 15 days of each season and there is a small selection of clothes/accessories available (as well as the Card series). THERE ARE NO EXCLUSIVE GRACIE VISITING ITEMS.

The guide lists them all specifically as GracieGrace (not for sale) whereas the Card series is listed as GracieGrace (not during sales). From the few replies I've had on the subject I was told they were from Gracie checks. Unfortunately until Gracie finally visits my town I can't do some hardcore testing and find out exactly what she gives.

Colin.

If your locker is getting full (I'm talking 180 of it on your alt character), you'd just look up on GameFAQs. There's always someone making a topic on their premiums to get tips from massive sales.

I'm not too pushed for space, yet. But I do have some different fossils I'd like to trade off, and some different furniture and tools. Will organize that and make a post tomorrow probably. I will keep that in mind though, once I gather enough of them. Thanks for the tip!

HawthorneKitty

The guide lists them all specifically as GracieGrace (not for sale) whereas the Card series is listed as GracieGrace (not during sales). From the few replies I've had on the subject I was told they were from Gracie checks. Unfortunately until Gracie finally visits my town I can't do some hardcore testing and find out exactly what she gives.
Don't trust the Prima guide for this.
If you take a look at MoriDB and search for items received through Gracie and see no season next to them; those are the items during sale time.

Koren

If you can, transfer the save from the screwy new SD card back to a working card ASAP! A friend of mine has the same issue, the reason it doesn't work is because your old save doesn't match the ID expected by the game, it wants your new save. As long as you can recover that save from the dodgy card your town is safe.
Nintendo should definitively do something about AC saves. The fact that we can't do a backup is a nightmare. If a game deserves a backup copy (or a cloud save), it's AC.

That's a pity they have a new backup system on 3DS but that AC isn't compatible.

MicH

Wait, some of the clothes are only available by completing her tests? Doesn't she disappear after you finish the 4th and Emporioum opens? So you're SOL if you didn't get them? Wut

HawthorneKitty

Wait, some of the clothes are only available by completing her tests? Doesn't she disappear after you finish the 4th and Emporioum opens? So you're SOL if you didn't get them? Wut
There are no exclusives; don't worry about it.

Don't trust the Prima guide for this.
If you take a look at MoriDB and search for items received through Gracie and see no season next to them; those are the items during sale time.

In which case I'm glad to be wrong for the second time today. I've been going off what a couple of time travelling friends have had to say regarding their Gracie checks. They had all got furniture for passing with full sets and clothes for barely passing.

As soon as Gracie finally appears I'll do some proper testing to find out if it is entirely random or if you have a higher chance of furniture for passing with full sets.

HawthorneKitty

When I look at the Gracie furniture on the Mori site, it says during summer. Does that mean if the emporium is open, we can only buy them there in the summertime? (Assuming if you've only gotten 4 from the checks)
Yes, you'll have till May to buy the Gracie Furniture Set from her as the Sweets set started on August 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom