• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Getting 2 villager pics today is a relief, I thought I never would since I don't send mail at all. Guess it's simply taking these rare item/time consuming requests that really helps.

I've been doing everything to get villager pics and have yet to get my first. I'm pretty much stalking them at this point. :<

Elija2

You've gotten a lot though right? How many are you missing from your current villagers?

I have 3 out of 10 of my villager's pics, plus doubles of Pate who moved out. I got those weeks ago though, I should have gotten a new one by now. I haven't been resetting after not getting them from a villager request, so maybe I should start doing that. Don't want Resetti to get mad at me though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I have 3 out of 10 of my villager's pics, plus doubles of Pate who moved out. I got those weeks ago though, I should have gotten a new one by now. I haven't been resetting after not getting them from a villager request, so maybe I should start doing that. Don't want Resetti to get mad at me though.

Ah ok, I just remember your swapnote :p

I'm missing 2/9 at the moment. Kind of annoyed though, I told Sparro not to move yesterday since I didn't want to gamble on him sending his pic in the mail. Of course I get it from him the very next day -_- I haven't reset for any either, though to be honest, if Rhonda hadn't given me hers immediately, I probably would have, since she's my most wanted out :p

Drago's been really stubborn though. I've done a petition for him, and I think three fishing requests maybe (arowana, saw shark, and I think catfish? Maybe it was just 2 though) and haven't gotten his yet :(

zroid

Banned
fNe4tMX.png

dude is OK in my book

Elija2

My lucky item for today is...socks. I think I'm good on that front.

Also I just added a Japanese girl I met on the island as a friend. She couldn't understand English too well, so we'll see how that goes.

Ah ok, I just remember your swapnote :p

I'm missing 2/9 at the moment. Kind of annoyed though, I told Sparro not to move yesterday since I didn't want to gamble on him sending his pic in the mail. Of course I get it from him the very next day -_- I haven't reset for any either, though to be honest, if Rhonda hadn't given me hers immediately, I probably would have, since she's my most wanted out :p

Drago's been really stubborn though. I've done a petition for him, and I think three fishing requests maybe (arowana, saw shark, and I think catfish? Maybe it was just 2 though) and haven't gotten his yet :(

Yeah, of all the people who want to move out it's never the ones that have given me their picture. With Pate I got kinda lucky because she wanted to move out the day after she gave me her pic. Of course now I'm without a peppy villager.

Stat!

Today was the first day I had the Beautiful town ordinance. I pop open my 3DS, go to customize a lovely phone/sell some excess items, and realize at 12:19, that re-tail is closed.

Dammet. I guess tomorrow Im back on night owl for this stuff. Don't see how I can live without re-tail not open late.

I don't get why the Nookling stores actually go down in time they are open. i understand because its supposed to fit a theme of each store, but its kinda annoying. I really wish we could have more ordinances. Why can I tell people to stay open late, but keep the town nice? There's really only 20 of us in this city.

Niraj

Today was the first day I had the Beautiful town ordinance. I pop open my 3DS, go to customize a lovely phone/sell some excess items, and realize at 12:19, that re-tail is closed.

Dammet. I guess tomorrow Im back on night owl for this stuff. Don't see how I can live without re-tail not open late.

I don't get why the Nookling stores actually go down in time they are open. i understand because its supposed to fit a theme of each store, but its kinda annoying. I really wish we could have more ordinances. Why can I tell people to stay open late, but keep the town nice? There's really only 20 of us in this city.

yeah that's the biggest pain in the ass about beautiful town. You can kind of mitigate it by visiting other people and selling shit there, but that's obviously kind of a nuisance in itself.

Elija2

It would actually make more sense to have the Nooklings open later than Re-Tail, because if then if Re-Tail is closed you could still sell stuff at the Nooklings, albeit for less bells. Unfortunately only one of the Nooklings upgrades is open past Re-Tail. Why do they even let you sell stuff to the Nooklings? It's so pointless.

Wolfe

I would still be on night owl myself if not for all these damn flowers, just got way too time consuming watering them all. Rather just water select ones I want to try growing from instead and I'll just deal with shit closing early.

ramyeon

I've been doing everything to get villager pics and have yet to get my first. I'm pretty much stalking them at this point. :<
Ahh that sucks :( I can't even remember the last time I sent mail or anything. I got 2 within an hour and now none of my villagers are giving requests so it looks like my luck is done for today haha.

Beautiful town is great for me, I usually don't have time to water everything and I find I can control what hybrids I get better with it. Plus I almost never play past midnight.

Stat!

yeah that's the biggest pain in the ass about beautiful town. You can kind of mitigate it by visiting other people and selling shit there, but that's obviously kind of a nuisance in itself.

Further injury is after that I thought I'd go hound Frank for some paintings. But I had no money (and figured I would have gotten the required funds from a tip to retail), went to the bank, and by the time I come back? Frank is out of his house.

It would actually make more sense to have the Nooklings open later than Re-Tail, because if then if Re-Tail is closed you could still sell stuff at the Nooklings, albeit for less bells. Unfortunately only one of the Nooklings upgrades is open past Re-Tail. Why do they even let you sell stuff to the Nooklings? It's so pointless.

Furthermore, Nooklings wont allow you to sell certain items (for example, tools) - its just there as a convenience if you want to clear your inventory but kinda annoying.

I really wish we could just set certain things. Like a Night Owl, Normal, or Early. Then say beautiful town or money making town. I have to go back to night owl but I want my hybrids to grow...and my red hybrids to be realized.

Soulmate

Banned
No luck with the ukelele after 10 tries, I started feeling bad when I was just leaving instantly to a new island with people asking "are you going to leave?" lol.
I even played a few tours with some persons. All I could find was chocolates :/

Elija2

Random pictures from this week:

Genji flexing his...abs?
2CVWhJC.jpg
zNvYie0.jpg
ajclRxH.jpg

This dialogue makes more sense in the Japanese version where she's wearing a special-looking kimono. Digby bought you a t-shirt? Who cares?
D2v7qmt.jpg
pFWgKK7.jpg

Lewd.
Oxdks67.jpg

Me looking good in my historical duds.
E0WU0uI.jpg
3IT3vQJ.jpg

I wonder if there's any bad blood between Gracie and Labelle.
AuUIhSS.jpg
phQ5JJV.jpg

Niraj

Further injury is after that I thought I'd go hound Frank for some paintings. But I had no money (and figured I would have gotten the required funds from a tip to retail), went to the bank, and by the time I come back? Frank is out of his house.

? He doesn't need to be in his house though. Unless he was on Main St?

Elija2

No luck with the ukelele after 10 tries, I started feeling bad when I was just leaving instantly to a new island with people asking "are you going to leave?" lol.
I even played a few tours with some persons. All I could find was chocolates :/

Man, some kid actually guilted me into hanging out with him once. I felt bad because everyone was leaving to add each other as friends but this guy didn't have his friend code on him. He begged me to stay so I did.

Niraj

Man, some kid actually guilted me into hanging out with him once. I felt bad because everyone was leaving to add each other as friends but this guy didn't have his friend code on him. He begged me to stay so I did.

Somewhat similar story: this girl told me she didn't have any 3ds friends at all, so I told her I would add her. Even though I confirmed her code twice, it ended up being invalid :( then a couple weeks later I saw she visited my dream town, so that made me feel worse :p

Soulmate

Banned

I know, I felt really bad so I stayed to play with the people there (4-5 tours per island then out)

I think I went to the island 250+ times this week; I saw a ukulele once

what? oh man no ukelele for me then :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I must admit, I have no interest in American players and leave posthaste when I get on the island with one.
I haven't been to the island in a couple weeks though.

Elija2

Somewhat similar story: this girl told me she didn't have any 3ds friends at all, so I told her I would add her. Even though I confirmed her code twice, it ended up being invalid :( then a couple weeks later I saw she visited my dream town, so that made me feel worse :p

Oh man, that's heartbreaking. The fact that she visited your dream town weeks later after you probably forgot about her makes it even worse.

veras

what? oh man no ukelele for me then :(

you never know, could get lucky! (or maybe I was crazy unlucky) but for a lot of the rare items I only saw them 1-3 times in that many trips (off the top of my head 1 of ukulele, sanshin, tropical vista, cabana flooring, pink wetsuit, 2 of kitchen islands, sea globes, flip flops, sand castles, etc.)

Niraj

Oh man, that's heartbreaking. The fact that she visited your dream town weeks later after you probably forgot about her makes it even worse.

Oh I never forgot :( lol

Seriously? No way. That's awesome. I only visited him when he was in his house...

Damn. Thanks for the help again Niraj :p

Yeah man lol. That'll save you some time I'm sure.

Soulmate

Banned

mine is nothing compared to this.. sad story :(

You can see exactly what person visit your town or is that your neighbors tell you that they saw "x" person on a dream?

you never know, could get lucky! (or maybe I was crazy unlucky) but for a lot of the rare items I only saw them 1-3 times in that many trips (off the top of my head 1 of ukulele, sanshin, tropical vista, cabana flooring, pink wetsuit, 2 of kitchen islands, sea globes, flip flops, sand castles, etc.)

I'll keep trying at least 1 trip per day.

Linius

Getting 2 villager pics today is a relief, I thought I never would since I don't send mail at all. Guess it's simply taking these rare item/time consuming requests that really helps.

I got shit for a Horned Hercules and petition request this week. Still only have 1 pic :(

Niraj

mine is nothing compared to this.. sad story :(

You can see exactly what person visit your town or is that your neighbors tell you that they saw "x" person on a dream?

They'll tell you that, and if you go into the dream suite, talk to Luna, and select the first option, she'll tell you the last person that visited.

Acid08

Banned
Still no villager pictures :(

I've been doing everything for these chuckleheads. Tbh though I really only want Lobo and Chrissy.

rockx4

Hey guys, I just started playing the game a few days ago and had some questions. I noticed barely any items are rotated into the shops and I read that you gain other items through the HH showcase, but I see like 1 house on there. Is it from streetpass or adding friends? Also is there any reason to send letters to the NPCs?

milkham

Hey guys, I just started playing the game a few days ago and had some questions. I noticed barely any items are rotated into the shops and I read that you gain other items through the HH showcase, but I see like 1 house on there. Is it from streetpass or adding friends? Also is there any reason to send letters to the NPCs?

HH Showcase shows you homes of other players street pass ACNL homes. sometimes NoA will send a showcase home though.

If you send them letters they will write back and if you send them presents they may send presents too. If you keep sending them things they will display them in their house and sell their existing stuff.

rockx4

HH Showcase shows you homes of other players street pass ACNL homes. sometimes NoA will send a showcase home though.

If you send them letters they will write back and if you send them presents they may send presents too. If you keep sending them things they will display them in their house and sell their existing stuff.

Ah I see, well that sucks since streetpass is horrible in my area. Also as a note, that kappa's tunes are stuck in my head from all the island trips.

Niraj

I'll stay open in case you do :p try using a megaphone if you have one :)

Anyway, a few pics:

tumblr_mr5d2leJKT1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mr5d2leJKT1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

So yeah...I kind of mailed Flurry a hamster cage and made her display it in her house. I felt bad afterward, but it was still sort of funny, in a mildly disturbing sort of way

tumblr_mr5d4h10XA1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Katt has an octopus walking around and I guess I overreacted and it isn't a big deal? Hmmph.

tumblr_mr5d50TM2w1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Groupies, man. Tsk. It's embarrassing.

tumblr_mr5d8j7fmT1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Help

tumblr_mr5d9fKJVs1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mr5d9fKJVs1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Got these two today. Just two to go :)

tumblr_mr5dbjFP8M1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Sparro was hanging out in Lionel's house during the rainstorm, so we did what we had to do.

tumblr_mr5deocYTo1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

The response was not appropriate for all audiences.

tumblr_mr5dg09TcN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Just some night fishing with Katt

Jak140

Me too, my villagers are being teases.

If your friendship with the villager is pretty good, save right before you give them a rare item and reset if they don't give you their picture. It worked for me today. After 10 resets I finally got my first villager picture.

If your friendship with the villager is pretty good, save right before you give them a rare item and reset if they don't give you their picture. It worked for me today. After 10 resets I finally got my first villager picture.
Eh, I don't really feel right doing it that way. Also, I'm pretty sure Resetti would murder me.

I know I'll get them eventually, I'm just really jonesing for another one.

Niraj

Haven't really been trying for paintings as much since I'm down for one, but did try a bit earlier and just now before bed. 3 fake from Muffy, and 2 legit from Lionel (which is particularly impressive since he was on main street all day aside from this 10 minute period right before bed and very early in the morning -_-). Muffy can kiss my ass.

Jak140

Eh, I don't really feel right doing it that way. Also, I'm pretty sure Resetti would murder me.

I know I'll get them eventually, I'm just really jonesing for another one.

Ha, in my town we still don't have the funds for that. It's np, I saw someone else suggest it in this thread, and after a month of getting hurdles and dressers for foreign fruit and sharks, it was the first thing that worked for me. I get how it could take away from the experience for some though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Time is running out for Tarantula :<

Also if I already struck a rock with a shovel but no bug comes out, can I still strike it again, or do I have to "leave and enter" again?

Frogstep

Time is running out for Tarantula :<

Also if I already struck a rock with a shovel but no bug comes out, can I still strike it again, or do I have to "leave and enter" again?

I usually smack every rock once and then save and continue and repeat the whole process. Usually gets results.

Gattuso

It sure has been awhile.
iY7mf784LyPCT.JPG

Aside from houses being built in really stupid locations while I wasn't playing, my town seems to be pretty much fine. I was expecting something worse or does nothing happen if you disappear for a long time?.

My villagers might be stingy with their pics lately, but not with PWP requests. I haven't even had to try for one in almost two weeks. Been getting them everyday with no effort at all.

It's been 11 days since I got T.I.Y & not a single visit from Gracie
This is just unfair :|
I haven't seen her
(him)
yet either...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So after my batteries died yesterday I was greeted by Resetti while loading my file.

So that's how I'm meant to get the Reset Centre.

To honest for my own good.

Linius

ibzn5hOE4hZ5vR.JPG
iL4WWU35kBSio.JPG

Stealing Niraj his fossils. And Tammi knows I like TV shows, she must have been eavesdropping our conversations about Dexter.

i0i6Bz3iYKIZA.JPG
iDwHqoFS6xZdN.JPG

Since I don't have to worry about my perfect town status anymore I build a picnic site and a lighthouse.

iWtekFBiZv4v1.JPG
ibxG5sEjAnPpTD.JPG

I can finally sit at my tree! And don't worry Frank, it's alright :D

ibrs1RCP7qaUap.JPG
ibyZDIzhb6Bd0Q.JPG

And then there was some good news from my villagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom