• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oy, that perfect villager layout in a dream town...

tumblr_mr696fAxFl1qa25kqo1_500.jpg

Im back after an AC hiatus! What have I missed?

I'd also like to announce I've layed out in my town all 91(was it?) KK songs! Also, complete modern, sleek, rococo, JP exclusive school item are out and about, ready to be catalogued. Part of the robot set is out, too.

Let me know who's interested to come visit, everything will be layed out for the foreseeable future. Got the golden watering can already so fuck it!

Oh yes. We will be friends. And I will catalog. Oh yes...

veras

I'd also like to announce I've layed out in my town all 91(was it?) KK songs! Also, complete modern, sleek, rococo, JP exclusive school item are out and about, ready to be catalogued. Part of the robot set is out, too.

Let me know who's interested to come visit, everything will be layed out for the foreseeable future. Got the golden watering can already so fuck it!

I'd love to come catalogue things! My FC is 0774-4272-7766

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oy, that perfect villager layout in a dream town...

tumblr_mr696fAxFl1qa25kqo1_500.jpg

Jelly

Dammit man, thought you stopped playing so I deleted you to make room for others :( I'll have to add you again.

If Peanut is moving out on the 8th, should she be in boxes today? I made the mistake of talking to her last night and when she mentioned moving, I told her to go but she decided to stay. I IMMEDIATELY closed AC and started again because she's RIGHT in the way of a path. Would the game still have her staying even if I didn't save?

Help :(

Linius

Don't think so. I recall giving you my silver watering can but we met up in Zeer0id's town.

Well since Ubertag got lost in some sort of void ever since he Resetti'd out of my town I could close the gates and add you so you can dump her if you want?

And I am quite jelly Blue Police Box :(

MicH

I think I solved the purple tulip mystery.

I separated my black and orange tulips from all other flowers.

I just got a purple from two black tulips. NO other flowers were within reach.

So black x black = purple

tumblr_mr69h6uyhQ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oh here's a nice quality image of Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U. It's really pretty, I love the lighting!

BRE3j9OCQAIAgQj.jpg:large

Though I think AC belongs on a handheld (now, since Wild World), this does tempt me to want a Wii U version..

Finally I see what's going to end my New Leaf sessions . . .

HD AC . . . Mmmmmm . . .

Linius

Sweet! I have one black tulip at the moment. Black tulips come from red x red right? Guess I'm gonna focus on black tulips, red+ pansies and blue roses for the forseeable future.

pulga

Banned
Oh yes. We will be friends. And I will catalog. Oh yes...

I'd love to come catalogue things! My FC is 0774-4272-7766

I'll let you guys know when Im back after my lunch break so you can come on over!

Dammit man, thought you stopped playing so I deleted you to make room for others :( I'll have to add you again.

:( sniff sniff

After completing my GoT room and getting the final Nintendo item, my motivation hit a low :lol

Philia

tumblr_mr69h6uyhQ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Now I have just ONE question. Those blacks are pure right? No purple genes in them?

This could explain why they're SO easy to breed with my blacks when I got my first donation and got another one the VERY NEXT DAY.

Niraj

:( sniff sniff

After completing my GoT room and getting the final Nintendo item, my motivation hit a low :lol

It was literally yesterday man. I got to max and I was just going through, I'm like "Pulga, last online 10 days ago...man, this sucks, but he's fucking gone"

It was a tough decision :p I'll get you back on in a sec

Philia

No purple. I removed the one I got straight away.

EDIT: The one we discussed yesterday

This could explain why they're SO easy to breed with my blacks when I got my first donation and got another one the VERY NEXT DAY. Its also could mean I was very wrong about the purple parents... in my swapnote.

It could very well be the two blacks nearby!

BQvL2YTCQAAbos7.jpg:large

I got a purple tulip from other colour mixes tulip (white and yellow, I think). I have only one black tulip but that's not even near the purple one...

MicH

This could explain why they're SO easy to breed with my blacks when I got my first donation and got another one the VERY NEXT DAY. Its also could mean I was very wrong about the purple parents... in my swapnote.

It could very well be the two blacks nearby!

BQvL2YTCQAAbos7.jpg:large
HOWEVER

All those blacks are bred from orange tulips, I believe. Does that have any effect?

Niraj

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo7_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo8_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo9_400.jpg

tumblr_mr69z4WWtS1sw5rnlo10_400.jpg

Dance, puppets. DANCE!

Also the timestamps show how long this was amusing to me lol

Busaiku

Man, I just can't settle on other clothes.

I've got the Soccer set, the Genie set (swapping Turban for Kaffieyeh), and the Kung Fu set (with Leaf/Halo).
The formal pants just don't look that good to me, so I'm probably not gonna use the Barista uniform or anything.

Gah.

Holy fish!! Got two same shirts in a minute from two different villagers. A chichi-print tee. It's ugly. I don't even need 1, so why give me another one? :(

By the way, cutting the non fruit trees. :D

My town is only 14 visits away from finally being able to remodel the train station, so if anyone here is feeling generous I'd really appreciate a town visit from anyone to bring me closer to the 100. Afraid I don't have a cool cataloguing event going on to entice anyone, but I'm so close now that I really would like to remodel it by the end of the week.

Niraj

Hmm just got Groucho's pic from a normal furniture request (bring me any piece of furniture, blah blah). There's another example of an easy one garnering a pic in return.

So so far I've gotten:
Flurry: Golden stag
Boomer: arowana
Lionel: replace a piece of furniture
Lionel x2: Golden stag
Tammi: petition
Muffy: replace a piece of furniture
Rhonda: arowana
Sparro: petition
Groucho: give a piece of furniture

So I'm guessing if your friendship level is high enough, you can get a pic from any request? Seems to corroborate with kamikazekoala's flea pic :p

My town is only 14 visits away from finally being able to remodel the train station, so if anyone here is feeling generous I'd really appreciate a town visit from anyone to bring me closer to the 100. Afraid I don't have a cool cataloguing event going on to entice anyone, but I'm so close now that I really would like to remodel it by the end of the week.

You open? I can hop over

MicH

Waaaaaaaaaait

tumblr_mr6av137LJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

So is it safe to say that it's the yellow genes in the black tulips that generated the other ones?

Philia

Waaaaaaaaaait

tumblr_mr6av137LJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

So is it safe to say that it's the yellow genes in the black tulips that generated the other ones?

Fucking finally then. Amazing that your oranges were the LAST to make it. :\ I guess it'd be too much of a stretch for it to be possible... or something.

In other news, I've moved all of my orange cosmos and orange tulips to my husband's game. He really like tulips and he's a fan of orange. :) So I'll be moving all the orange crap over there. :3 I only want more PINKS in my town. :D

Edit: To answer your question, no its the reds. Red x Red = Black, Red x Yellow = Orange... and in some cases... Red x Yellow is Purple too. Its the mysterious reds again. :\ I bet second gen reds had a lot to do with this.

Niraj

Whoops, sorry Samurai_Heart! Wasn't intentionally ignoring your messages :x I've got one of those though, thank you!

Koren

I'm guessing she used the quicker but more tedious reset trick.
That's probable, but I'd say it's becoming more and more tedious if the amount of possible places is high. Moreover, it's a short term solution, you have to do it again for each incoming visitor. I don't see the trick as a manageable solution for the long term (especially when you don't play daily)

btw, I don't think it's really convenient with only two bridges on the same side...

Koren

I'll gladly come too to contribute, if you add me.

I can bring Cathie with me if you're interested...

MicH

Fucking finally then. Amazing that your oranges were the LAST to make it. : I guess it'd be too much of a stretch for it to be possible... or something.

In other news, I've moved all of my orange cosmos and orange tulips to my husband's game. He really like tulips and he's a fan of orange. :) So I'll be moving all the orange crap over there. :3 I only want more PINKS in my town. :D

Edit: To answer your question, no its the reds. Red x Red = Black, Red x Yellow = Orange... and in some cases... Red x Yellow is Purple too. Its the mysterious reds again. : I bet second gen reds had a lot to do with this.
Haha yeah, it seems to be easier to gather all the black tulips that the orange ones spawn and have them breed.

Also purple pansies seem to be really hard to breed. I have three and they refuse to breed. Meanwhile I have 20 blue roses and 5 purple tulips

That's probable, but I'd say it's becoming more and more tedious if the amount of possible places is high. Moreover, it's a short term solution, you have to do it again for each incoming visitor. I don't see the trick as a manageable solution for the long term (especially when you don't play daily)

btw, I don't think it's really convenient with only two bridges on the same side...

All of her villagers were pretty popular so I'm guessing she invited them all through trades or campsite resetting. So it's not like she was doing this every time she had a vacancy. And once she'd acquired her dream villagers, she didn't have to keep doing it.

I saw no placement/bridge issues but obviously this isn't for everyone. Just sharing a more unconventional approach to town building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom