• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Haha yeah, it seems to be easier to gather all the black tulips that the orange ones spawn and have them breed.

Also purple pansies seem to be really hard to breed. I have three and they refuse to breed. Meanwhile I have 20 blue roses and 5 purple tulips

That doesn't surprise me. I saw a duper selling them at 250k for a blue rose, 350k for purple tulip and 500k for a purple pansy. Sounds about right.

Chopper

Oy, that perfect villager layout in a dream town...

tumblr_mr696fAxFl1qa25kqo1_500.jpg
What?! How?!

Koren

And once she'd acquired her dream villagers, she didn't have to keep doing it.
Personally, I know I won't be able to play daily in the coming year, and if you're not playing something like a week, villagers move in and out without your consent :(

I saw no placement/bridge issues but obviously this isn't for everyone.
I mean, if you want to go to the western part with houses, it's a pretty 'long' trip.

Just sharing a more unconventional approach to town building.
Oh, I agree it's really interesting, and I'll pay a visit. Thanks for sharing!

MicH

So we can assume orange and black tulips can produce purple tulips? Good to know :D
Not necessarily since my black tulips most likely had yellow genes due to them spawning from orange x orange. If your black tulips are from oranges (or red x orange, pink x orange, black x orange) they should be able to breed purples

Not confirmed of course

Animekatt

I have her in my alt town. When she moves I'll let you know

I wish I could hold out and wait for her to move. It seems animals are so quick to just come in only 2 days after someone's left. :(

I just had Vesta move out. Apparently, when an animal tells you the date they're moving, it's usually the day they have boxes in their houses. So today will be your last chance to convince her to stay. If you turned the game off when you accidently told her to stay without saving, you should be ok. Good luck!

Linius

Not necessarily since my black tulips most likely had yellow genes due to them spawning from orange x orange. If your black tulips are from oranges (or red x orange, pink x orange, black x orange) they should be able to breed purples

Not confirmed of course

My black comes from red x red. So it's safer to go with my orange x orange for purple tulips to spawn? I still wonder what would be the best combination. According to Kamikazekoala his purple tulip comes from yellow x white.

Koren

What?! How?!
A lot of resets when animals arrive (you have to create a character at each reset if I'm not mistaken?) or a lot of care in PWP placement (since animal houses need a pretty big available space, just leaving 6 spaces between PWPs forbid them to settle there... so using natural hazards, shop, town house and PWP can block 95% of your town, making them settle where you want, possibly pixel-perfect)

Your choice...

Frogstep

I wish I could hold out and wait for her to move. It seems animals are so quick to just come in only 2 days after someone's left. :(

If only you could visit towns and ask their campers to camp at your town after.
I've had my 10th villager spot vacant for about a week now. I'm starting to get scared that I'll get someone really ugly since it's taking so long! D:

MicH

I've had my 10th villager spot vacant for about a week now. I'm starting to get scared that I'll get someone really ugly since it's taking so long! D:
Beau moving into my town (10th spot) should be a warning to everyone :/ These damn villagers will move in no matter what, it seems.

I'll gladly come too to contribute, if you add me.

I can bring Cathie with me if you're interested...
Not sure who Cathie is (Katie?) but you are more than welcome over. Let me quickly add you and re-open my gates.

And major thanks goes out to Niraj, that guy is a beast at riding the rails and he's just boosted my visit total to 95 so I only have 5 more to go!

Linius

Not sure who Cathie is (Katie?) but you are more than welcome over. Let me quickly add you and re-open my gates.

And major thanks goes out to Niraj, that guy is a beast at riding the rails and he's just boosted my visit total to 95 so I only have 5 more to go!

I might be in time to make it 100 then. Finishing a trade here.

SmithnCo

What?! How?!

I guess they placed a bunch of PWPs in the areas where they didn't want them to move, then used the new profile trick to place them. Looks like it's pretty easy to do with that town layout because the town hall and lake already eliminates a bunch of move-in spaces.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Beau moving into my town (10th spot) should be a warning to everyone :/ These damn villagers will move in no matter what, it seems.

I've had my 10th spot vacant for over a month now :/

My friend, you are on a roll. LMAO.

I aim to please :)

No problem man. Hope it gets taken care of before I get back, but if not, happy to help again.

Philia

I still haven't gotten a chance for a villager I need to move out yet. So I'm still full. :( I'm hoping for a good time for Rosie to move into my town eventually from MicH's or my husband's... depending on the timing (which still sucks and is so shitty that its so hard to align up). I mean its like the only way to get them is by TTing and I still don't want to do that. Most importantly I hate having others to do it for me. :\

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not necessarily, you could theoretically be on for a super high price. If this is your third price rise in a row it'll be your highest for the week, if it is your second rise in a row then the next one will be the peak (and it'll be super high).
Thanks for the reply. It's the third price increase so I guess that's that. Well I'll just sell in my town (because it's rare to do so).

Frogstep

I still haven't gotten a chance for a villager I need to move out yet. So I'm still full. :( I'm hoping for a good time for Rosie to move into my town eventually from MicH's or my husband's... depending on the timing (which still sucks and is so shitty that its so hard to align up). I mean its like the only way to get them is by TTing and I still don't want to do that. Most importantly I hate having others to do it for me. :\

I ALWAYS get requests to move out from villagers I actually like and want to keep. It's like the ones we hate know we hate them so they want to stay just out of spite!

Niraj

Why is this so amusing? I have been dancing with my villagers ALL DAY. The best.

lol I know dude. The open mouth is a big part of what kills me, although I guess Flurry and Muffy didn't really do that :p Flurry doing that dance is seriously the most adorable thing ever though, he said as manly as possible.

Philia

I just took a look at the list of PWPs and I had no idea there's... so many.

And so many... shitty ones too. I guess I should consider myself very lucky for having a lot of good ones lately. I just haven't built any pwp in so long since, I don't like their spacing arrangements being interfering my orchards or my large flower beds.

I also didn't realize that Stone Tablet is referred by ANY villager. I still haven't gotten that yet, not that I would want it though.

Raptomex

Are campers actually from real towns? Like caught in limbo or something? They couldn't move into a friend's town so they're camping? Or just random villagers? Ever since I built the camping grounds I haven't had a random villager move in. But all my villagers that move seem to end up in my friends' towns.

Elija2

Can you speed up the scrolling text when you're sitting next to the town tree? I just want to know how many people visited my town but it's got to go through every single minor event that has ever happened in my town.

Only 49 visitors so far.

Niraj

Can you speed up the scrolling text when you're sitting next to the town tree? I just want to know how many people visited my town but it's got to go through every single minor event that has ever happened in my town.

Only 49 visitors so far.

God, I wish man. They should've put that first :p

My PWP suggestion was an illuminated tree today. Didn't get one yesterday :(

Good point!

She tried to leave once, but I wasn't having that :3

She hasn't tried yet but one time I accidentally megaphoned her and she sadfaced. My heart sunk so much. I keep finding her strolling along the beach. She's the only one I ever found on the beach.

SmithnCo

I want to see the code they use to determine house placement, either I'm unlucky or Hans is coded to put his house in the same bad area 90% of the time, lol.

Shout outs to Linius and Koren for bringing me to up 100 town visits. AC GAF is best GAF :)

And talk about luck, after mentioning to Koren about never seeing a Scorpion I closed my gate, went to the tree to check the visit count and heard an odd shuffling sound afterwards. I went over to the direction of the sound and saw a scorpion heading straight for me. Thank god I had my net equipped, that little bugger can battle it out with the tarantula in the museum now.

Niraj

She hasn't tried yet but one time I accidentally megaphoned her and she sadfaced. My heart sunk so much. I keep finding her strolling along the beach. She's the only one I ever found on the beach.

Aw man :(

Whenever she asks me for something, I feel too guilty to say no :/
"Oh, I want that piece of furniture you just waited half an hour to customize!"
"But I..."
:3
"Oh just fucking take it"

lol

Koren

And talk about luck, after mentioning to Koren about never seeing a Scorpion I closed my gate, went to the tree to check the visit count and heard an odd shuffling sound afterwards. I went over to the direction of the sound and saw a scorpion heading straight for me. Thank god I had my net equipped, that little bugger can battle it out with the tarantula in the museum now.
Great...

I'm sure I'll be the last one to catch one T_T

Sordid

What a great day in my town today. Passed my first Gracie test, Pancetti is finally moving out and I crashed a cat gathering (if only Kid Cat was there to make it a party!)

ieLfAoYsdfngu.JPG

If someone suggests a police station later it'll be the cherry on the cake!

Aw man :(

Whenever she asks me for something, I feel too guilty to say no :/
"Oh, I want that piece of furniture you just waited half an hour to customize!"
"But I..."
:3
"Oh just fucking take it"

lol

Oh she is tough to say no to. She's just so sweet. She insisted I take something and she let me take her bed. I took it with a heavy heart and I imagined her curled up on the floor crying at night. I went and immediately mailed off to her every piece of the polka dot set I had.

She just recently bought another neighbor's regal bed so I feel okay now.

Wolfe

Great...

I'm sure I'll be the last one to catch one T_T

I caught my second one a day or two ago :D, was actually surprised as I haven't cleared out any flowers/trees so I wasn't really expecting one to spawn anywhere in town.

Speaking of villagers I've got Elvis moving out on the 10th, I'm going to offer him to one of my local friends but if she can't or won't take him than anyone on here is welcome to.

Linius

Katt, if you're reading this. I got one golden stag in my town but I don't feel like going to the island no more since it's getting late. So I'll skip on that tempting premium.

Also passed the 150 visitors today. 49 to go for the silver badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom