• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hey, Niraj, did you decide to take my Axel? He's all packed up today.

I am doing some very hard thinking right now :p I will let you know ASAP

Oh she is tough to say no to. She's just so sweet. She insisted I take something and she let me take her bed. I took it with a heavy heart and I imagined her curled up on the floor crying at night. I went and immediately mailed off to her every piece of the polka dot set I had.

She just recently bought another neighbor's regal bed so I feel okay now.

lol that's sweet, glad it worked out. She just asked me if she could come over. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN

So can any of you keen gardeners tell me what the best flower breeding combos would be to get plentiful amounts of the following hybrids? (I don't trust Thonky for hybrids any more)

Pink Rose
Orange Tulip
Orange Pansy
Orange Rose

Also is there any other way to get hold of pink carnations, or is waiting until next Mothers Day the only way?

Elija2

The Japanese girl I met on the island yesterday sent me a Swapnote with what I assume is a picture of her. She looks kinda young but my friends list says she was last online 6 hours ago which I'm guessing is pretty late in Japan.

Do you guys send your AC Swapnotes to everyone on your friends list? I selectively send them to ACGAF members only because I don't want to annoy everyone else.

Animekatt

Katt, if you're reading this. I got one golden stag in my town but I don't feel like going to the island no more since it's getting late. So I'll skip on that tempting premium.

Also passed the 150 visitors today. 49 to go for the silver badge.

It's fine. I honestly don't even feel like going to the island myself now.

uccS9rd.jpg

Grats! I think I'll have mine next week sometime, since I didn't buy the trees right away. Fml.

Linius

Thanks a lot Linius!

Had a great time and i'm definitely feeling the AC vibe again :)

Good, that's what we need.

Tarentulas don't commit suicide here, so I find those easier to catch (and I've seen many more)

It's impossible to exchange bugs, isn't it?

Tarantula's are easier for me as well. Too bad I already sold a couple but since a while I'm keeping them in my house as trophies. Got two behind my couch :p

I'm just waiting for that scorpion. I messed up two. And two or three more vanished in thin air. I was walking behind it and the next moment it was gone.

The Japanese girl I met on the island yesterday sent me a Swapnote with what I assume is a picture of her. She looks kinda young but my friends list says she was last online 6 hours ago which I'm guessing is pretty late in Japan.

Do you guys send your AC Swapnotes to everyone on your friends list? I selectively send them to ACGAF members only because I don't want to annoy everyone else.

You can send pictures trough that message system? :O

Never use swapnote :p

It's fine. I honestly don't even feel like going to the island myself now.

I fully understand, it can get kinda boring :p

Most of the time I get maybe 5 of them in one trip. Sometimes more. I should stockpile maybe.

Niraj

Yeah man, you'll get some...odd ones. I've gotten pictures and voice clips myself. One of the voice clips I'm pretty sure was ONLY sent to me, because it sounded like she was trying to say "Niraj." :/

In general, I send them to limited numbers of people. Not that I really send any anyway. Usually just responses, if at all.

Elija2

Yeah man, you'll get some...odd ones. I've gotten pictures and voice clips myself. One of the voice clips I'm pretty sure was ONLY sent to me, because it sounded like she was trying to say "Niraj." :/

That's kinda creepy, even though she probably meant for it to be endearing.

I wonder if the Swapnote I got was only sent to me too. If she's expecting a picture of me as a reply, she's not getting it.

Linius

That's kinda creepy, even though she probably meant for it to be endearing.

I wonder if the Swapnote I got was only sent to me too. If she's expecting a picture of me as a reply, she's not getting it.

Man, Creepy Gaf can't even touch this swapnote madness :lol

I had a Japanese friend send me pictures of his dog as well as pictures of rainbows in his town.

He was a real chill dude. He gave me a blue rose, which I gave to my girlfriend later on.

Why are the Animal Crossing waifus so young lol

What a great day in my town today. Passed my first Gracie test, Pancetti is finally moving out and I crashed a cat gathering (if only Kid Cat was there to make it a party!)

ieLfAoYsdfngu.JPG

If someone suggests a police station later it'll be the cherry on the cake!

Pancetti is a strange one to me. One second she's a bitch and I want her out and the next she's giving me something just because she likes me. I can never decide how I truly feel.

Philia

So can any of you keen gardeners tell me what the best flower breeding combos would be to get plentiful amounts of the following hybrids? (I don't trust Thonky for hybrids any more)

Pink Rose
Orange Tulip
Orange Pansy
Orange Rose

Also is there any other way to get hold of pink carnations, or is waiting until next Mothers Day the only way?

Red x White = Pink Roses
Red x Yellow = Orange Tulip, Rose, Pansy

Getting pink carnation is doable from a white x red pair too ironically.

Anyway, to breed more of them faster would be pairing the two of the same colors together obviously.

Sendou

Pancetti is a strange one to me. One second she's a bitch and I want her out and the next she's giving me something just because she likes me. I can never decide how I truly feel.

That sounds like Tiffany from my town. First I wanted her out so bad but then she started giving me cool furniture so I let it slide. This week she wanted to move out and I let it happen though.

That sounds like Tiffany from my town. First I wanted her out so bad but then she started giving me cool furniture so I let it slide. This week she wanted to move out and I let it happen though.

I'll probably let her leave if she asks but I'm no longer actively avoiding her and pushing her around to piss her off.

Just ordered this game with a 3ds and looking at this thread I may be a bit over my head. Wanted a game to chill out with but never played anything like this before.

Just ordered this game with a 3ds and looking at this thread I may be a bit over my head. Wanted a game to chill out with but never played anything like this before.

My advice: be chill with it. It starts out slow, then things build up over time. After a while you'll want to do more things and we'll be here to help.

Don't worry about it. It is the type of game to just chill out with. I've said this numerous times in the past but this game thrives on taking one's own time in getting things done. You'll never be able to get a 100%. (Well, maybe a 100% in all fossils with GAF's help.)

Just take your time and if you need any items, feel free to ask. ACGAF is a real great community.

Linius

I can't remember who said to have flip-flops on his/her island but I really need to go to bed now. If you read this, I'd gladly pay bells or trade stuff if you can get me a pair.

Niraj

I had a Japanese friend send me pictures of his dog as well as pictures of rainbows in his town.

He was a real chill dude. He gave me a blue rose, which I gave to my girlfriend later on.

Why are the Animal Crossing waifus so young lol

Yeah most of them are in the 11-14 range probably. I've befriended two that are a bit older, one is 19, and not sure on the other, but she's married, so ideally somewhat older? :p Thankfully their English is much better too :)

Philia

How many spaces away from my house does a bush need to be to grow?

One empty space in between is fine. :) But I don't suggest you put any bushes in front of the house though... because of the untileable paths, the spaces NEXT TO IT is unavailable for planting. Someone who did bushes for his police station learned that the hard way.

One empty space in between is fine. :) But I don't suggest you put any bushes in front of the house though... because of the untileable paths, the spaces NEXT TO IT is unavailable for planting. Someone who did bushes for his police station learned that the hard way.

That's probably why mine didn't grow. TY

Elija2

That's pretty random. I wonder if many Japanese people actually use their 3DS' to take pictures so they can share them on Swapnote.

CN0sWV2.jpg

Yeah, don't do this.

If I litter items all over my island to the point where there's no more space, will this force beetle spawns or will ground bugs still find a way to spawn?

If I litter items all over my island to the point where there's no more space, will this force beetle spawns or will ground bugs still find a way to spawn?

Possibly, but you'd just be wasting your time. If you're catching beetles after 7pm, the only ground bug you deal with is a Wharf Roach and those are easy to get rid of. You just need to run at them or run them into the ocean.

Zero_IYAD

Hey
Sorry guys I've been away for a while.
Whoever wanna grab flip flops from my island, I'll open my gate in an hour.
& I'll be around for a long while so no worries.
I'll go back to some comments & PMs since I just opened the forums : )

Possibly, but you'd just be wasting your time. If you're catching beetles after 7pm, the only ground bug you deal with is a Wharf Roach and those are easy to get rid of. You just need to run at them or run them into the ocean.

Good point. I just dug holes all over the grass to get rid of Tiger Beetles. It's 5:46 PM and this is actually increasing beetle spawns significantly.

Red x White = Pink Roses
Red x Yellow = Orange Tulip, Rose, Pansy

Getting pink carnation is doable from a white x red pair too ironically.

Anyway, to breed more of them faster would be pairing the two of the same colors together obviously.

Does pairing two work for all hybrids? I had a bunch of black roses together for a week and got nothing off them, but got another two from my field of red roses in that time span.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the economy is way put of whack. I owe like 20k to Tom nook, the campsite is 60k, an ordinance is another 20k and harvesting fruit and stuff only needs like 6k per trip. I've tries fishing and catching bugs but its still just a drop in the bucket. I don't have the island or anything yet. It's actually really distressing and not-fun.

I feel like the economy is way put of whack. I owe like 20k to Tom nook, the campsite is 60k, an ordinance is another 20k and harvesting fruit and stuff only needs like 6k per trip. I've tries fishing and catching bugs but its still just a drop in the bucket. I don't have the island or anything yet. It's actually really distressing and not-fun.

Money rock alone should give you around 16k.

Marvie_3

Banned

Having a lot of non-native fruit trees in your town helps a lot at first. If you need some fruit, I've got a bunch of it you can have.

UberTag

Money rock alone should give you around 16k.
Create 3 dummy characters in the same village and they each get a money rock.
Now you're up to 64K.

I started the day needing 7 rare items from the Island & Club Tortimer.
All of a sudden I'm down to just 2 (beach chair & treasure chest).
I've even been able to replenish my Silver Axe supply today.

Building up my medal supply now to ensure I can buy those last two items when I spot them.
Don't want to find a Treasure Chest only to Resetti before I bag 150 medals.

Koren

Island trip will grant over 300k, and with the stalk market, you can easily make millions.

Fishes and other items are not made to pay quuckly for public works projects or house extensions... Local fruit neither.

Don't rush, money will flow.

Would anyone be willing to let me come to their town and harass their villagers for signatures. O'Hare has an "Indie Rock Forever" petition he wants signed, and who am I to stop the rock?

Stalk market, son. Stalk market.

Im back after an AC hiatus! What have I missed?

I'd also like to announce I've layed out in my town all 91(was it?) KK songs! Also, complete modern, sleek, rococo, JP exclusive school item are out and about, ready to be catalogued. Part of the robot set is out, too.

Let me know who's interested to come visit, everything will be layed out for the foreseeable future. Got the golden watering can already so fuck it!

Id like to visit tonight or tomorrow

suzu

Try to pay off the tent and first house loans before anything. Then unlock the island and catch the beetles that spawn on palm-trees (anytime after 7pm is ideal).

If you have a perfect fruit, then grow more perfect fruit trees. They sell better than regular fruit.

Try to find the money rock + gem rock by hitting up all the rocks in town. Also shake trees.

Always sell everything at Re-tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom