• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way McD's et al. count as relay points, unless relay is an online service (and in that case, the SSID trick should work!) They would have to install Nintendo hardware on their premises to make it happen.

EDIT: Been doing some reading, there is more to this… hmm.

We're talking about Streetpass relays not DLC.

zigg

We're talking about Streetpass relays not DLC.
Yup. Me too. I'm reading claims of how people got the relays working at home… trying some things. No luck yet though.

FWIW, it does not work with the straight-up Bestbuy SSID trick that I happily abused for DLC.

Despera

Banned
Update

Fossils I have:

ammonite
ankylo skull x4
ankylo tail
apato skull
apato tail
archaeopteryx
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull x2
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo tail
fern fossil x2
ichthyo skull
ichthyo torso x3
mammoth skull
megacero tail
megacero torso x3
pachy skull x2
pachy tail
plesio torso x4
ptera left wing x2
ptera right wing x2
ptera skull
raptor skull
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego tail x2
styraco skull
styraco tail
tricera skull

Fossils I need:

parasaur tail

Acid08

Banned
Love my Wii U, though. Besides, more than half my posts here (includind this one) have been done on the U Pad.

It'll be better with a lower price, though, and more games would be great.
Really the crux of the issue. Especially the games.

It's in the same position the Vita was with me for a while. Except now it has a bunch of games I want but is too expensive still.

zroid

Banned
guys, how do you get a villager to move to your town? massoluk is visiting me and trying to get Cookie (who's moving out on I think Friday or Saturday) to go to his town, but he just keeps talking and nothing's happening.

guys, how do you get a villager to move to your town? massoluk is visiting me and trying to get Cookie (who's moving out on I think Friday or Saturday) to go to his town, but he just keeps talking and nothing's happening.

She has to be boxed up first and then it's a 30-second conversation.

Despera

Banned
I think your friend needs to talk to Cookie when she's all packed up (the day she plans on leaving).

gotcha, so it has to be the day before they leave, I guess

Yes, once she's packed up, have the person come over. They'll go in the house and initiate a conversation with Cookie. Assuming this person has a vacancy in their town, she'll immediately invite herself. The person says yes and it's arranged. The plot will show up the next day.

Very easy if all the conditions are right. Not as tricky as getting a camper to move in.

MicH

tumblr_mr6vxyghHN1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Who needs turnips?

Elija2

Maybe he's homeless and is just trying to get a few bucks

He tried selling it to me right in front of his house! He can't fool me. Either way, I declined his offer so he gave it to me for free. He would have actually made money if he sold it at Re-Tail (which is what I did).

zigg

Yup. Me too. I'm reading claims of how people got the relays working at home… trying some things. No luck yet though.

FWIW, it does not work with the straight-up Bestbuy SSID trick that I happily abused for DLC.
Anyone who was curious about this, this is what I think based on my light research:

I think it does actually work, but I don't think it's useful. You can set up an unencrypted NZ (e.g. attwifi) in your home, but I think the StreetPass data then gets associated with your public IP at a server at Nintendo. It would pass on to another 3DS that visits your home… but at that point why not just StreetPass with whoever visits your home? ;)

So, yeah, doesn't look like an easy way out here. No free StreetPasses for you! I do have several AT&T-based NZs nearby, though, so I may take a tour sometime soon.

It is a dirty one though

Selling villagers on Gamefaqs

I can smell that ATM
Dirty indeed! I wouldn't want any of their duped money :/

Just picked up Dragon's Crown & Pikmin 3. Also gonna download Brothers for XBLA I think.

And the State of Decay patch 3.0 is almost here.

Probability that I'll miss a day of AC (or even a chore)? Zero . . .

Elija2

So I decided to start torturing Rasher. First I push him into a pitfall which made him mad, and then I started hitting him with my net which made him...no longer mad. Weird.

Did it again and he got mad this time. I like how he looks around every time you hit him to see who did it. I still can't help but feel bad for him though.

zroid

Banned
CHRIST.

A scorpion spawned RIGHT beside me (in front of my house) when I loaded up my town. And yeah before I could do anything... you guessed it... it jumped in the river.

Just picked up Dragon's Crown & Pikmin 3.

Probability that I'll miss a day of AC (or even a chore)? Zero . . .

Same situation, but add Tales of Xillia to the mix.

Definitely not playing as much as I was, but I won't miss a day. Still gotta check on my hybrids and my turnip prices, and buy my music and shrubs from TIY!

Also dig up all that friggin bamboo

Same situation, but add Tales of Xillia to the mix.

Definitely not playing as much as I was, but I won't miss a day. Still gotta check on my hybrids and my turnip prices, and buy my music and shrubs from TIY!

Also dig up all that friggin bamboo

Played Pikmin 3 for a sec. Seemed ok.

How's Dragon's Crown? We should do some dungeon crawling . . .

Elija2

I just went on a villager tormenting spree. The way the villagers react when you push and attack them is so heartbreaking. I just had to reset the game.

ramyeon

Second good morning in a row. Rosie's house construction went up and didn't interfere with anything too much. Got 3 more black roses, an orange rose and a few other random hybrids. As soon as I walked up to Kabuki he suggested the last Zen PWP, the light.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have Time & Eternity, Xillia, SMT IV and Persona 4 Golden to go though...
It's really halted me from constructing 4 upgraded houses even though it takes a mater of minutes; I just don't have the heart right now.

Castcoder

Banned
I have completely lost interest now. My turnips expired and I have them scattered ALL over town (thanks, Nintendo for your great netcode). I have no way of obtaining a trash can for my town because it turns out nobody in my town is a Normal type, and the one that I had moved away. I put SO much time into this game and now I'm screwed because I can't get rid of all of these turnips without paying a hefty sum for it.

zroid

Banned
I have completely lost interest now. My turnips expired and I have them scattered ALL over town (thanks, Nintendo for your great netcode). I have no way of obtaining a trash can for my town because it turns out nobody in my town is a Normal type, and the one that I had moved away. I put SO much time into this game and now I'm screwed because I can't get rid of all of these turnips without paying a hefty sum for it.

don't you have a garbage can furniture? I can give you one, if you want.

It is a dirty one though

Selling villagers on Gamefaqs

I can smell that ATM

Animal Crossing |OT5| Now with robbery and animal trafficking

Check your store. I got a trash can as furniture for my house.

Ellix

Strangely enough I don't think I've seen a single tarantula since the beginning of July when scorpions appeared. I think the scorpions ran all the tarantulas out of town.

Thanks again to Despera for helping me find the last fossil piece for the model sets!

And yeah, I think I'll allow myself to reset the game for campers, if I can keep my open villager spot for more than 2 days this time... I've been stalking GF to see what it's like when Static is offered and I'm seeing idiotic amounts like 35mil and up.

Update

Fossils I have:

ammonite
ankylo skull x4
ankylo tail
apato skull
apato tail
archaeopteryx
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull x2
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo tail
fern fossil x2
ichthyo skull
ichthyo torso x3
mammoth skull
megacero tail
megacero torso x3
pachy skull x2
pachy tail
plesio torso x4
ptera left wing x2
ptera right wing x2
ptera skull
raptor skull
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego tail x2
styraco skull
styraco tail
T.rex torso
tricera skull

Fossils I need:

parasaur tail
T.rex skull
I can trade you a trex skull for the trex torso.

UberTag

And yeah, I think I'll allow myself to reset the game for campers, if I can keep my open villager spot for more than 2 days this time... I've been stalking GF to see what it's like when Static is offered and I'm seeing idiotic amounts like 35mil and up.
I'm still baffled as to why I didn't sell Static when he tried to bolt last weekend and collect a huge payday. Now I'm relegated to endless Wolfgang abuse while Stitches and Celia have both offered to move out this week.

I'm still baffled as to why I didn't sell Static when he tried to bolt last weekend and collect a huge payday. Now I'm relegated to endless Wolfgang abuse while Stitches and Celia have both offered to move out this week.
Im happy with most of my villagers. Flora is my favorite followed by jaques, sly, camofrog and pheobe. I wish I had kept hugh though. He was replaced by curly who I dont like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom