• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, up until now I've always firmly believed that villagers moving out is entirely random - but now I'm not too sure, and the video I saw the other day is starting to make sense. All last week I was farming PWPs off of Muffy, meaning I was talking to her non-stop and probably got up to max friendship. Twice in the last 3 days she has now decided to leave Barstow. The exact same thing happened with Rosie, I farmed PWPs off her and maxed out friendship, then she wanted to leave twice.

Looking at my villagers the only ones that have barely wanted to leave are Tucker and Bob (who has never asked to leave), yet I only speak to them occasionally so their friendship never gets too high. Charlise meanwhile was ignored constantly and quickly left.

I'm starting to think that maxing friendship or completely ignoring villagers is a faster way to get them out, because those I only occasionally talk to never want to go. I'm currently farming PWPs off Timbra, so it'll be interesting to see if she wants to leave in the next few days (particularly since I want her gone).

Jinjo

Hahahaha. Post of the day. :D

Atleast my story delivers some laughs. I still can't believe it. I am never going to get rid of that dumb hamster. For a second I was so incredibly happy.. Only for it to be taken away so quick. Most fucked up thing a game has done to me ever.

Just look at his smug face, he is enjoying every second of my misery.

rodney.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
Atleast my story delivers some laughs. I still can't believe it. I am never going to get rid of that dumb hamster. For a second I was so incredibly happy.. Only for it to be taken away so quick. Most fucked up thing a game has done to me ever.

Just look at his smug face, he is enjoying every second of my misery.

rodney.jpg

Try not to worry so much. It'll all blow over. xD

Goddamn, this game. So I have this villager, Rodney. I hate him. Aside from that he lives on the exact spot I want to build my café, which I have been holding out on building because of him. I have been trying to get rid of him for weeks now. So today finally was the day. He announced he was moving out the 13th. I was so happy, I reply with the obvious: "Ok, thanks." to which the little bastard replies: "You are going to let me leave that easily? Just because of that I'm staying so we can become better friends."

Fucking what?! You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me he'll move out on the 13th anyway if I don't talk to him at all.

I feel your pain, Rodney moved in uninvited from another town - took up a spot I had reserved for a cool villager from a friends town, put his house where PWPs would be going and absolutely refuses to leave. I haven't talked to the rodent since the day he came in and if I attempt to (and reset after) talk to him he talks about me not liking him since I never talk to him - yet he still won't even think about leaving.

And no, sadly if you saved after he chose to stay he is stuck there. Just never, ever speak to animals you want out - other villagers will tell you that they are wanting to leave so you never have to risk of going through that dialogue.

Linius

So, only fishing for the Neon Tetra and Soft Shelled Turtle now. I know the first one is the smallest possible shadow. But how about that stupid turtle? I feel like I'm never going to catch one, what kind of shadow do I need to look for?

Also, I have the beach chair on my island. I believe I remember Ubertag saying this is one of the items left on his list (not sure). Anyways, it's another rare item to find so if anybody wants to take a trip later let me know.

Jinjo

Try not to worry so much. It'll all blow over. xD

I try to take solace in the fact that he's atleast thinking of moving and probably will in the not very far future.

I feel your pain, Rodney moved in uninvited from another town - took up a spot I had reserved for a cool villager from a friends town, put his house where PWPs would be going and absolutely refuses to leave. I haven't talked to the rodent since the day he came in and if I attempt to (and reset after) talk to him he talks about me not liking him since I never talk to him - yet he still won't even think about leaving.

And no, sadly if you saved after he chose to stay he is stuck there. Just never, ever speak to animals you want out - other villagers will tell you that they are wanting to leave so you never have to risk of going through that dialogue.

He's ruining villages everywhere it seems. Two villagers already moved out since he came into town and he just refuses to leave. I decided to save, since atleast now he seems to be thinking of moving and I was afraid of not getting the prompt again if I rebooted. I will just continue not talk to him and hopefully he'll realise soon I really don't want to be his "friend". Hopefully it'll all be over soon.

Koren

So, only fishing for the Neon Tetra and Soft Shelled Turtle now. I know the first one is the smallest possible shadow. But how about that stupid turtle? I feel like I'm never going to catch one, what kind of shadow do I need to look for?
I got one yesterday, late, I'm pretty sure it was med-small. In fact, I was surprized fishing something so large.

SuperSah

Banned

Also, I have the beach chair on my island. I believe I remember Ubertag saying this is one of the items left on his list (not sure). Anyways, it's another rare item to find so if anybody wants to take a trip later let me know.

How much medals?

Back to farming. XD

Linius

I got one yesterday, late, I'm pretty sure it was med-small. In fact, I was surprized fishing something so large.

Is that carp small? I think there's very tiny (gold fish etc.), tiny (crucian carp), slightly bigger (Turtle?), big (black bass), huge (gar, arapaima etc.). I hate it that it's so hard to keep all these shadows apart :p

How much medals?

Back to farming. XD

35 medals, not too much.

SuperSah

Banned
Is that carp small? I think there's very tiny (gold fish etc.), tiny (crucian carp), slightly bigger (Turtle?), big (black bass), huge (gar, arapaima etc.). I hate it that it's so hard to keep all these shadows apart :p

35 medals, not too much.

Excellent. I'll get two then. :) I'll be there say 2 hours from now?

Philia

Today's a good day! I got my first blue rose of my own! Orange pansy and a red+ pansy.

Got gold ore from a spare rock. Then I got prompted by Caroline to suggest Fairy Tale Bench. <33333

My fortune item today is men's accessory lol. Thankfully I got Bros Mustashe in the museum to don.

Hurrah, finally got the Golden Axe today! So does anyone need any spare hatchets? I've got 11 in storage but obviously I don't need them any more.

Koren

I was looking for a barbel steed, and I'm pretty sure the size was about the same.

One size smaller than carp, I'd say.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've decided to start again with my red+ roses. I feel it was a mistake mixing in the red spawns with them. No worries. My long term vision requires a lot of red roses so it's not a complete waste.

Chopper

Got that weather station thing straight off the bat this morning. Cheers Poncho. Decided to move my Flower Clock today though, so exciting times.

Only watered one patch yesterday, by mistake. The result was, like, 4 or 5 red* pansies. Illustrated perfectly the result of watered flowers. Trying to balance which beds to water is such a ball ache. I really want to remove Beautiful Town, cos I'm sick to death of villagers planting flowers, but I can't spare the "watering spots" of the wilted flowers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hurrah, finally got the Golden Axe today! So does anyone need any spare hatchets? I've got 11 in storage but obviously I don't need them any more.
Shame one can't take stuff to the island, otherwise you could chop with them until they are one hit away from breaking and them gift them to random people on the international island >:)

Philia

Finally got my black cosmos. I had to move the bulk of my orange cosmos to my husband's town so I could focus on my third tier hybrids (blue rose, purple tulip and absent purple pansy).

I really envy those that has two separate towns.

Chopper

Finally got my black cosmos. I had to move the bulk of my orange cosmos to my husband's town so I could focus on my third tier hybrids (blue rose, purple tulip and absent purple pansy).

I really envy those that has two separate towns.
Did you get it with red or a orange parents? Are both confirmed to work?

Philia

Did you get it with red or a orange parents? Are both confirmed to work?

Well. I've seen two separate reports of getting their black cosmos from two orange parents. So that's why I was using my huge ass field of orange cosmos at my husband town.

Using red x red is like... drawing blood out of water. NO. Just no. Fuck that noise. Although I'd not be surprised if reds+ had a lot to do with it too since the original seeds isn't working obviously.

Tash

Got that weather station thing straight off the bat this morning. Cheers Poncho. Decided to move my Flower Clock today though, so exciting times.

Only watered one patch yesterday, by mistake. The result was, like, 4 or 5 red* pansies. Illustrated perfectly the result of watered flowers. Trying to balance which beds to water is such a ball ache. I really want to remove Beautiful Town, cos I'm sick to death of villagers planting flowers, but I can't spare the "watering spots" of the wilted flowers.

My villagers are planting despite me not having "Beautiful Town" Ordinance. Just a heads-up :)

Philia

Waiting on my shops to open while on Beautiful Town ordinance is such torture... since I've been up since 6 am.

With that said... I'm lending my gardening service to anyone who needs it now. :) I have some axes to help too. Not lot (3 regular I think).

Marvie_3

Banned
Waiting on my shops to open while on Beautiful Town ordinance is such torture... since I've been up since 6 am.

With that said... I'm lending my gardening service to anyone who needs it now. :) I have some axes to help too. Not lot (3 regular I think).

This is the worst. Thankfully I have a friend that plays a lot in the morning who uses the early bird ordinance. :D

MicH

Good day!

Got my FIRST PURPLE PANSY in my main game! Trying to breed more. No luck with blue roses or purple tulips do far. Got another pink carnation. I now have 5. Anyone need one?

I started treating Wendy nicely :/ she REFUSES to move and all the others who I'm nice to, wants to move constantly. Ugh. I hate it, but I gotta do it

Got an office wall and classroom floor from Saharah

Philia

This is the worst. Thankfully I have a friend that plays a lot in the morning who uses the early bird ordinance. :D

Yeah, my hubby's on early bird and I just go over there and sell my early morning routine things. Its the catalog that I want to see that's in my shops.

Good day!

Got my FIRST PURPLE PANSY in my main game! Trying to breed more.

Congrats! :)

EDIT: Oooh, finally, Tank's moving out. Will NOT talk to this guy. NOPE. I do NOT like jock villagers.

Just popping in to say I have a Tropical Vista and a Cabana Screen on my island. Also a black wetsuit.

So if someone is interested, I can open up this evening for those who wants these items. :)

Also, what a good feeling I have now a lot of trees are cut and everything is cleared that I didn't need. Space in lockers, museum rooms and inventory can do a lot, it seems. :D

Let's see what it will do to me when my flowers are rearranged. :)

Oh, what flowers are recommandable to keep? And which colors?

At last, I'll have some structure to my town after tonight. :)

Linius

Good day!

Got my FIRST PURPLE PANSY in my main game! Trying to breed more. No luck with blue roses or purple tulips do far. Got another pink carnation. I now have 5. Anyone need one?

I started treating Wendy nicely :/ she REFUSES to move and all the others who I'm nice to, wants to move constantly. Ugh. I hate it, but I gotta do it

Got an office wall and classroom floor from Saharah

That office wall looks quite good in the database. If you want to trade that, can I see how it looks in my office room first?

Btw, I have a beach chair on my island, didn't you need one of those?

EDIT

Koala, maybe I'll get an extra Vista too then. That way I have a spare floor and wall. Might be good in a trade.

MicH

That office wall looks quite good in the database. If you want to trade that, can I see how it looks in my office room first?

Btw, I have a beach chair on my island, didn't you need one of those?

EDIT

Koala, maybe I'll get an extra Vista too then. That way I have a spare floor and wall. Might be good in a trade.
Yes I do need the beach chair!

I believe I have the office floor as well. I'll bring both when we'll go get the beach chair so you can see how they look.

NintendoHeart

Neo Member
Guys, Katt moves out today. Would someone like to give this more-cool-than-cute kitty a new home? :> I know some people do this kind of stuff for money, but hey, it's free, so first come first serve.

Sordid

Guys, Katt moves out today. Would someone like to give this more-cool-than-cute kitty a new home? :> I know some people do this kind of stuff for money, but hey, it's free, so first come first serve.

My missus would love Katt if that's okay? If a more regular thread visitor wants her that's cool though :)

Despera

Banned
For the new page

Fossils I have:

ammonite
ankylo skull x4
ankylo tail
apato skull
apato tail
archaeopteryx
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull x2
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo tail
fern fossil x2
ichthyo skull
ichthyo torso x3
mammoth skull
megacero tail
megacero torso x3
pachy skull x2
pachy tail
plesio torso x4
ptera left wing x2
ptera right wing x2
ptera skull
raptor skull
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego tail x2
styraco skull
styraco tail
tricera skull

Fossils I need:

parasaur tail

Ourobolus

Banned
How do you guys store stuff? I just have things in my pockets, but eventually I'll want to trade for things. Do you get storage lockers or something eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom