• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres got to be more to the island.

Why is it that on some visits, I can run around 5 times and ONLY see wharf roaches and beetles...and not see a giant stag for a month....

And other times Im tripping over rainbow, giant and golden stags?

2013-08-07234334_zpsfcf58c9a.jpg

I also caught my first scarab. Ive been coming to this island for 2 months and only now I see my first scarab!?!

Despera

Banned
Strangely enough I don't think I've seen a single tarantula since the beginning of July when scorpions appeared. I think the scorpions ran all the tarantulas out of town.

Thanks again to Despera for helping me find the last fossil piece for the model sets!

And yeah, I think I'll allow myself to reset the game for campers, if I can keep my open villager spot for more than 2 days this time... I've been stalking GF to see what it's like when Static is offered and I'm seeing idiotic amounts like 35mil and up.
And thank you for handing me 3 out of the 5 fossils I've been missing :)

I can trade you a trex skull for the trex torso.
Okay just gimme a sec and I'll open the gates (Town: Junkyard). Already added you.

Edit: I maybe afk for a while, but you can drop by any time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Theres got to be more to the island.

Why is it that on some visits, I can run around 5 times and ONLY see wharf roaches and beetles...and not see a giant stag for a month....

And other times Im tripping over rainbow, giant and golden stags?

I also caught my first scarab. Ive been coming to this island for 2 months and only now I see my first scarab!?!

Your character probably had good luck today.

Your character probably had good luck today.

I guess so...

Any way to tell my luck before going to the island?

Also, I bought the guide to help me keep track of my catalog.

Looks like theyve updated it with pricing info of what you get when you sell at re-tail vs msrp of the items

Animekatt

I guess so...

Any way to tell my luck before going to the island?

Also, I bought the guide to help me keep track of my catalog.

Looks like theyve updated it with pricing info of what you get when you sell at re-tail vs msrp of the items

You can also use this cool website to help keep track: http://animalcrossingnl.mooo.com/

Sweet, caught a gar. Only took me 2 nights :(

The bad juju has been broken in your town. Congrats.

Acid08

Banned
Riryi.png

Skye is replacing Pango in my village. I'm cool with this. Wolves are awesome and I don't have a Normal personality in my village right now. Plus she's the first New Leaf only villager I've gotten.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So only painting I'm missing is a wild painting. Chatting up Lionel, and he says "I have a bond with my wild painting" and I start spamming B to get to the part where I buy it. I'm all:

frnXxyM.gif

Go into my house while looking up the method to see if it's a fake or not. The white figure is on the right in the fake. Ok. Please be on the left please be on the left please be on the left. Display that shit. White figure on the right.

Now I'm all:
i9pEWBBVWb7yI.gif

Why Lionel? Why?

Same as when I caught the house centipede just now... Guess it cancels out?

Valid point!

Leeness

"I'm so excited you came to see me! I'd like you to take my banana!"

...Ken. That's super inappropriate. :/

Also, my poor detective bear has a crush on me :( he keeps sending me depressing letters about how lonely he is and he wants to watch the sunset with me and how I'm his only friend :'(

Acid08

Banned
"I'm so excited you came to see me! I'd like you to take my banana!"

...Ken. That's super inappropriate. :/

Also, my poor detective bear has a crush on me :( he keeps sending me depressing letters about how lonely he is and he wants to watch the sunset with me and how I'm his only friend :'(
What's your Diva situation these days?

Linius

Has the new NA DLC image been posted in here yet?

tumblr_mr6mom32Jv1qak2nxo1_500.jpg

Sweet!

I still need quite a lot. It's been a while since I island hopped last.

Off the top of my head I still need (which I actually want at this point): tropical flooring, cabana flooring, beach chair, beach table, treasure chest, kappa pants.

Most likely a lot more though

Dude, why didn't you come to my island to get that tropical floor? That was such an easy grab :p

Ooo, I hope the Afternoon Tea Set can be re-ordered - that'd certainly go nice in one of my rooms.

It was already European DLC in the first place :p

Ah fuck sake. How random. You can order the others..

I'm sure some US Gaffer(s) will have a nice dirt spot to create and demolish an alt for us. Pumpkin pies for everyone.

In other news, Saharah is in town today. The last time I was so stupid not to think of the idea I could go to her with my alt too. So now I did and got a Saharah desert on my main char and a concrete floor on my alt :D

Daily hybrids: black tulip and orange rose.

And an ore rock with my alt, it's been a while. Two gold came out of it.

Niraj

Linius

That was my house :p thought the bonfire and toasted marshmallow chair would've given it away.

Haha, it seems like a typical villager house to me. But I didn't really pay close attention to all the furniture. But Simon has that bonfire also in the middle of his room and a yellow kayak in the corner and the same wall. It's all so familiar to me :p

Niraj

Haha, it seems like a typical villager house to me. But I didn't really pay close attention to all the furniture. But Simon has that bonfire also in the middle of his room and a yellow kayak in the corner and the same wall. It's all so familiar to me :p

That is...oddly similar. You can see the stairs in my pic though ;)

Lock your doors, lock your windows.

I have hidden my keys, and my wife.

So awesome. Finally get to be up close and personal with so many villagers I've been reading about everyday. Lionel. Kid Cat. Benjamin. Daisy. Olivia. What's up. And the fact that it's a different random assortment every time—awesome. Great stuff, Nintendo.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing daily, but nothing like would be. Been picking back into my groove though now.

There was a glitch at Kid Kat's birthday the other day.

tumblr_mr76upyYwS1sv6499o4_400.jpg
tumblr_mr76upyYwS1sv6499o6_400.jpg

Mekere

I had my first pink rose today, totally unexpected as I'm not focusing on roses at the moment and even more, it was breed from red roses only. Considering it was from a bunch of randoms red, I imagine some of them were some X1 breed from red and white roses.

Yay, genetics.

Tash

One of the most fun things of being part of this community is to read the stories of others :p

On another note, I managed to check my swapnotes for the first time in quite a while. Thanks for all the good tips and fun mails Eli and Philia ;)

ramyeon

I had my first pink rose today, totally unexpected as I'm not focusing on roses at the moment and even more, it was breed from red roses only. Considering it was from a bunch of randoms red, I imagine some of them were some X1 breed from red and white roses.

Yay, genetics.
Just wait until you have too many to know what to do with :p after my first few pink roses they started breeding like crazy haha.

Jak140

Could anyone help me out with an out of town petition, please?

FC
3566 2276 4051

Thanks!

I can give a silver axe, rod, or slingshot as thanks.

Edit: n/ m got it!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Got a pretty red cosmos for my hair. Was strangely excited about it, starting to find a better groove. I planted all my trees too close together. :[ So when I harvest I have to do some of them blind since I've got myself a respectable apple orchard. Really loving the graphics and textures.

Okay, guys, Europe got new spotpass today.

Just got a letter from Isabelle and it was attached with a present.

And the present is... *drum roll*

a rolling suitcase...

It's just a DLC item that NA already got, but better then nothing.

But that means we'll get the cattower some day too I guess, it's the only US DLC we haven't got official now...

Tash

a rolling suitcase...

But that means we'll get the cattower some day too I guess, it's the only US DLC we haven't got official now...

Yay for getting leftovers? :p

Also, I never thought it would make me actually sad and feeling bad letting a villager move out. Feels like I am throwing him out and I feel horrible :/
Just hoping for a new fun addition to my town (and finally getting the golden watering can). I need to reorganize my trees!

SuperSah

Banned

a rolling suitcase...

Oh so we're getting the US DLC when most of us already catalogued them from friends? Smooth move Nintendo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hadn't bothered with the rolling suitcase so I'm pleased.

So shaved ice lamp is still EU exclusive and cat tower is NA exclusive (only counting western world).

Bones had his birthday the other day. Found my present to him in Re-tail today. He said he was thinking of moving. I was almost tempted to let him leave because of that but I want to stay at 10 villagers for the moment.

Linius

So, I streetpassed some guy in Amsterdam. Last game he played was Animal Crossing, so yeah that's pretty awesome I thought. Turned out he doesn't use streetpass for AC ffs

Sordid

Also, I never thought it would make me actually sad and feeling bad letting a villager move out.

I have 8 villagers that I really like, I'd be pretty gutted if any of them left. I do like Chester and Winnie too but you can't keep the same 10 villagers forever so I'd let 'em leave if they wanted to.

I felt no remorse about getting rid of T-Bone, Pancetti or Clyde though!

Jinjo

Goddamn, this game. So I have this villager, Rodney. I hate him. Aside from that he lives on the exact spot I want to build my café, which I have been holding out on building because of him. I have been trying to get rid of him for weeks now. So today finally was the day. He announced he was moving out the 13th. I was so happy, I reply with the obvious: "Ok, thanks." to which the little bastard replies: "You are going to let me leave that easily? Just because of that I'm staying so we can become better friends."

Fucking what?! You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me he'll move out on the 13th anyway if I don't talk to him at all.

My town is getting run over by monkey villagers too. A third one is moving in tomorrow. Simon. I already have Nana and Shari. Could do without Shari. I also have Boone a gorilla. I want more wolves dammit. Only have Chief now, please give me Wolfgang back based RNG gods.

SuperSah

Banned
Goddamn, this game. So I have this villager, Rodney. I hate him. Aside from that he lives on the exact spot I want to build my café, which I have been holding out on building because of him. I have been trying to get rid of him for weeks now. So today finally was the day. He announced he was moving out the 13th. I was so happy, I reply with the obvious: "Ok, thanks." to which the little bastard replies: "You are going to let me leave that easily? Just because of that I'm staying so we can become better friends."

Fucking what?! You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me he'll move out on the 13th anyway if I don't talk to him at all.

Hahahaha. Post of the day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom