• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
ok I have a crown on sale in my store, 11 axes up for grabs(free), and the following nintendo items (also free)

hero boots
2x red pikmin hat
blue pikmin hat
yellow pikmin hat
wii balance board
fire bar
triple red shells
triforce
2x samus mask
1up mushroom
yoshi egg
goal pole
peach parasol
metroid

I also have legit Worthy and Jolly paintings that I would like to trade for any art i'm missing.
The ones marked in green I have in the museum already
5C5MPHD.png

anyone want to come over?
friend code# 3239-2769-8151
Would like to come over and buy the crown :)

FC: 1220-6394-8381

Elija2

So for those who write letters to their villagers, do you put thought into them or do you just type "Dear [Animal's name], KABLOOEY! From [Your name]"?

I actually put effort into my letters, even though nobody will ever read them.

I hear a good technique to improve villager friendships is to write the word "Thanks" on the first line and then the word "friend" on every other line. Not sure if that works better than just writing random stuff though.

MicH

So for those who write letters to their villagers, do you put thought into them or do you just type "Dear [Animal's name], KABLOOEY! From [Your name]"?
I write them as I would snyone else. I can't bring myself to write something that doesn't make sense :/

Also just found a striped wet suit and now the sandcastle!

Stat!

I hear a good technique to improve villager friendships is to write the word "Thanks" on the first line and then the word "friend" on every other line. Not sure if that works better than just writing random stuff though.

Anyone else hear about the last part? I gift them pitfalls but just write gift. Only a couple have mentioned the letter, but never got anything in return. That would make letters useful...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Usually I just say "class yourself up you animal"

inGSnSf53EJqN.JPG

Finally.

ibz97omKjgs2uz.JPG

Hugh has realized.

inup67mWBtaYE.JPG

What I've always wanted.

i22fHbnXHXFIv.JPG

No, not that.

iL0UHPzBJKIYc.JPG

YES! YES, THAT!

Thanks, Tempy, I finally got my first villager pic and it's from my favorite villager. Woo!

Philia

Usually I just say "class yourself up you animal"

Oh god lmao, this made me laugh for a good solid minute. I don't know what's funnier, that there's some kind of "class" to be had in a game or ACNL or for animal characters or you even think there's a possibility and even said so in the letter. xD

Congrats Samson!

I write with the awareness that someone may get a hold of them. So they're usually humorous or just really sappy.

Philia

I've read the friends part online but thanks is a new one.

I also see present and the villager name is also a positive. I've definitely done all that to Rosie and she's always so happy lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh god lmao, this made me laugh for a good solid minute. I don't know what's funnier, that there's some kind of "class" to be had in a game or ACNL or for animal characters or you even think there's a possibility. xD
Of course there's a class system:

"Two legs good, four legs bad" and "All animals are equal, but humans are more equal than them"

SmithnCo

I usually write "hello friend, here's a gift." And attach some furniture I would normally sell or toss.

Philia

Elija2

Wow, a second Genji's pic. That's two pics in one day. I think I've got my mojo back.

Anyone else hear about the last part? I gift them pitfalls but just write gift. Only a couple have mentioned the letter, but never got anything in return. That would make letters useful...

I almost always get a reply back with a gift, so I guess you can't just send them one-word letters and expect anything from them in return.

SmithnCo

Your villagers must have ugly and mismatched furniture by now lol!

I plan to do the way like Koomaster did, he customized sets and then sends them to a villager making their house REALLY eye pleasing for visits. His Shari house had really inspired me to do the same.

I plan to do something like that eventually too, I want to send Lucky a bunch of mummy caskets.

Frogstep

I usually write "hello friend, here's a gift." And attach some furniture I would normally sell or toss.

That's what I usually do too. Sometimes I apologize to them for ruining their whole house with random stuff that they WANTED and asked for... so in reality they should be apologizing to me for working so hard to fix their homes!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Your villagers must have ugly and mismatched furniture by now lol!

I plan to do the way like Koomaster did, he customized sets and then sends them to a villager making their house REALLY eye pleasing for visits. His Nana house had really inspired me to do the same.
At the rate Bonbon has been giving me items I should have hopefully reduced her to what she has on display meaning it will be really easy to restore her home to what it was.

ramyeon

Bah. Booted up today to find a lot for Molly's house planted in the middle of one of my paths. I didn't know a 10th villager could bypass the campsite :(

Philia

Bah. Booted up today to find a lot for Molly's house planted in the middle of one of my paths. I didn't know a 10th villager could bypass the campsite :(

That's... horrible. And informative. Let us know if this 10th villager was a wifi tag-a-along.

milkham

neither of my 10th villagers have come from camp site, never had a chance to recruit anyone

Niraj

Oh god lmao, this made me laugh for a good solid minute. I don't know what's funnier, that there's some kind of "class" to be had in a game or ACNL or for animal characters or you even think there's a possibility and even said so in the letter. xD

Congrats Samson!

Well I mean, Lionel is a classy dude. Some of these other guys are bums though.

ramyeon

That's... horrible. And informative. Let us know if this 10th villager was a wifi tag-a-along.
Don't think she was :( but I'll make sure to check tomorrow.
neither of my 10th villagers have come from camp site, never had a chance to recruit anyone

Exactly what I experienced with Beau. Absolutely horrible
Bah, wish I'd known this before :( well... She's cute at least, but she's definitely not on my list of villagers I wanted and I already have a normal type. I also wanted to stay at 9 villagers for awhile :/

After a few days (download version) this gave me an error while playing so I had to deal with Mr. Resetti (and redo some other stuff). Is this really common? I hope not :(

SmithnCo

Oh joy and for the past week or two, I've been carelessly jumping into my town with only 9 villagers. I need to be a bit more cautious.

I will always do the fourth profile trick if I'm below ten, Violet parking her ass in front of my house and refusing to move has made me weary of that BS.

I will always do the fourth profile trick if I'm below ten, Violet parking her ass in front of my house and refusing to move has made me weary of that BS.

I've been creating a "no-villager" zone that's currently incomplete so I'd be completely devastated if a villager decided to drop their house in the middle of my paths and gardens before I could place a PWP.

Also has anyone tested the character trick to change special guests?

Niraj

D'oh! Its fake! :(

Well... Colton had been given me 6 paintings so far. 4 legit, two fakes for TODAY.

That's a good haul.

I feel kind of bad that I've been slacking in that department and haven't been hooking too many of you up. Last time I "tried" was the other night, and got three fakes from Muffy, and two legits from Lionel (his were in a like 5 min span, which made me hate Muffy even more).

Although I suppose to be fair, I've probably given away like...20+ paintings probably, as a low ball figure. And I guess every one I get from now on is a freebie for you guys too :p

MicH

Going on almost 2 weeks for me with 9. Really hoping I get Lily or Ribbot!
But I know I'm going to get stuck with someone ugly... :<
D'awwww I want Lily too! But just you wait, someone ugly is waiting to move in, especially in a place where you don't want it to move in!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I visited a friend's town and bought some wrestler pants. I put them on and my current shorts disappeared.

They disappeared completely from my inventory. Gone. I had to wear that abomination all the way home.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I visited a friend's town and bought some wrestler pants. I put them on and my current shorts disappeared.

They disappeared completely from my inventory. Gone. I had to wear that abomination all the way home.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The default shorts are not actually shorts. If you want them back, wear a dress then wear a shirt.

Edit: I should clarify. The default is not an actual item.

Frogstep

D'awwww I want Lily too! But just you wait, someone ugly is waiting to move in, especially in a place where you don't want it to move in!

This is also another worst case scenario that is probably going to end up happening.

This game.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The default shorts are not actually shorts. If you want them back, wear a dress then wear a shirt.

Edit: I should clarify. The default is not an actual item.

I was wearing specific shorts, not the default. Had to reorder them. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom