• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
So for those who write letters to their villagers, do you put thought into them or do you just type "Dear [Animal's name], KABLOOEY! From [Your name]"?

I have little stories that go with my letters. Like Paula is an art theif, Skye is a serial killer, Axel used to be my spy... he never forgets, Chrissy has mental problems, and Elvis was the cause of the horrible flea epidemic.

Edit: Gah! Does anybody have oranges in their village? I swear it's the only fruit tree I don't have... And of course, that's the one Chrissy asks for.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I have little stories that go with my letters. Like Paula is an art theif, Skye is a serial killer, Axel used to be my spy... he never forgets, Chrissy has mental problems, and Elvis was the cause of the horrible flea epidemic.

Edit: Gah! Does anybody have oranges in their village? I swear it's the only fruit tree I don't have... And of course, that's the one Chrissy asks for.

C'mon over :)

Philia

Oh wow, two paintings in the same conversation sequence. That's... rare. LOL, that makes 9 today! He've been throwing at me left and right fall season shirts too. 6 legit and 3 fakes.

With that said...

I got a famous painting for any gaffer who needs it. :D

EDIT: Gone to Zigg!

Sorry, braves01, maybe next time! :3

braves01

Banned
Oh wow, two paintings in the same conversation sequence. That's... rare. LOL, that makes 9 today! He've been throwing at me left and right fall season shirts too. 6 legit and 3 fakes.

With that said...

I got a famous painting for any gaffer who needs it. :D

May I? my FC is a couple posts up

also, veras you're added and my gate is open

Zero_IYAD

ok I have a crown on sale in my store, 11 axes up for grabs(free), and the following nintendo items (also free)
I wanna grab that crown if you're still around.
Am 1 million away for the golden shopper badge.

Edit: Looks like it's gone to someone else -.-

MicH

Scored a lot if stuff from island hopping today:

Beach chair, orange wetsuit, striped wetsuit, white wetsuit, sandcastle, life ring (red), life ring (blue, on wall)

Good day!

Zero_IYAD

Wetsuit_zps6604f132.png

Been looking for the striped one for a while -.-

OneLetter

Anyone doing the modern interior/exterior theme that can help me catalog for the missing items.

I'm building out the following sets:

- Modern (Pretty much done)
- Modern Wood
- Minimalist
- Astro
- Sleek

My exterior is pretty much done, but the interior needs work. Here's what I have, but I really need to up my HHA score: http://bit.ly/1bgtcaI

MicH

Anyone doing the modern interior/exterior theme that can help me catalog for the missing items.

I'm building out the following sets:

- Modern (Pretty much done)
- Modern Wood
- Minimalist
- Astro
- Sleek

My exterior is pretty much done, but the interior needs work. Here's what I have, but I really need to up my HHA score: http://bit.ly/1bgtcaI
You're doing the trendy challenge? Modern wood is rustic I believe

Going on almost 2 weeks for me with 9. Really hoping I get Lily or Ribbot!
But I know I'm going to get stuck with someone ugly... :<

Frog villagers are god-tier villagers. In WW I had Lily and Jeremiah (he was a good friend of mine.) And now I have Puddles and Costeau, who is appropriately French. I've pretty much embraced it at this point and run around with a frog costume.

Levi

Banned
Any flower breeders have some spare carnations they could sell me? I didn't realize how rare they were way back when and I think I mailed them to my villagers. :) Flowers and seashells were what they got for presents back when I was starting out.

Frogstep

Frog villagers are god-tier villagers. In WW I had Lily and Jeremiah (he was a good friend of mine.) And now I have Puddles and Costeau, who is appropriately French. I've pretty much embraced it at this point and run around with a frog costume.

You... you get me... you really really get me!
How soon can you and I become best friends???

Nachos

Hi, sorry for being a typical newbie, but what do I do to start exchanging friend codes? I added my info to the spreadsheet, but I wasn't sure what to do after that. Appreciate the help, and again, sorry!

So for those who write letters to their villagers, do you put thought into them or do you just type "Dear [Animal's name], KABLOOEY! From [Your name]"?

Back when I first started, I went in expecting to be as ridiculous and nonsensical as possible. I mellowed out in person, but I still write long-winded letters about stuff like how I think the moon landing was faked and how ever since Lolly moved out, I've developed a drinking problem and have started hooking up with random cats in Club LOL.

Frogstep

To be fair, Ankha is the only villager I'd trade my frogs for. My three faves in my town are Greta, then the two frogs, and everyone else is tied for last, lol.

Ankha's just god tier guys.

I didn't get it at first but I really see why everyone wants Ankha, I'm glad I got her as one of my starters. She's the ONLY exception that I'll allow to be a part of my perfect frog utopia!

I see you never met Diva.

I can't believe I almost took her off your hands... /shudder

Hi, sorry for being a typical newbie, but what do I do to start exchanging friend codes? I added my info to the spreadsheet, but I wasn't sure what to do after that. Appreciate the help, and again, sorry!

The friend code is usually exchanged once you agree to meet someone to trade items or do a petition or whatnot. If you start adding friend codes without the other person's knowledge, you're not gonna get anywhere. (At first, people would post their friend code in the AC board and gaffers really would exchange for no reason at all. But it's since mellowed out.)

Ellix

Aida.png

GAH!

That is no frog. Clearly some sort of alien/human hybrid.

There's also Croque which has an evil ghost bursting out of its face. I think him and Harry would be the only Cranky villagers I wouldn't want to keep around for very long. >.>

I had Camofrog in GC Animal Crossing and Puddles in City Folk and I kept 'em around the whole time.

Elija2

I dunno, just check this thread once in a while for people who want to trade or hang out and exchange friend codes with them. The spreadsheet in the OP is kinda useless at this point because there's hundreds of people on the list but only a fraction of them are still active.

I see you never met Diva.

AlbumArt-Milonga.png

Hot stuff.

veras

So could you theoretically get 20 Katrina "visits" in one appearance of her in town by creating/deleting/re-creating alts? I haven't made any alts so I'm not sure if some mechanic prevents this

ramyeon

So guys, Gruff is leaving town on the 14th. He's a cranky type and although I didn't like him at first he grew on me and gave me a lot of PWP suggestions and artworks. Seeing as I have his picture and have pretty much done everything with him I can, and have another cranky type (Kabuki) it's time to let him go.. let me know if you want to take him into your town!

jh4Z7tkEA2JgR.png

Levi

Banned
Speaking of cranky types, mine is busted. :( I've talked to Elvis 30-40 times a day since I got him last week, and still no paintings. I go inside a building every 6 tries. Hopefully I just need to get his friendship level up.. He's already to the point where he's mailing me presents back when I write him letters.

milkham

Thanks for the tip, switching to Polka-Dot then, since I have a bunch cataloged already. Time to sell all the Modern Wood.

i can help you dude, let me know what you're missing, i did trendy so i have the full astro, sleek, polka dot, campus dlc, minimalist, modern and stripe sets

Animekatt

There's also Croque which has an evil ghost bursting out of its face. I think him and Harry would be the only Cranky villagers I wouldn't want to keep around for very long. >.>

I had Camofrog in GC Animal Crossing and Puddles in City Folk and I kept 'em around the whole time.

Croque is awesome. ; ;

Elija2

Oh shit, I just checked my friends list and the Japanese girl that I talked about before changed her message to "Eli->correspond?". What the heck do I do? I really wish the 3DS had a built-in instant-message system in place so I wouldn't have to try to contact her through Swapnote or something.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh shit, I just checked my friends list and the Japanese girl that I talked about before changed her message to "Eli->correspond?". What the heck do I do? I really wish the 3DS had a built-in instant-message system in place so I wouldn't have to try to contact her through Swapnote or something.

That's kind of weird lol. Next time she's online change your message to like "town open" and see if that gets her over :p

Elija2

That's kind of weird lol. Next time she's online change your message to like "town open" and see if that gets her over :p

She's online right now and playing the game. I opened my gate but I guess she hasn't checked. Can't change my message without closing my gate, and her English doesn't seem to great so I doubt she would even understand "town open". :p

mb.exe

I'm away, but I have my gates open if anyone on my friend list wants to stop by and wish on a shooting star

Town = Tonco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom