• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Does anyone need hybrids?

tumblr_mr9trl5j7P1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tqhrNU51svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tpdP5OK1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tsnLkRg1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tu0SKWV1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tv7ThAn1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Frogstep

I think it has to actually be a "hat" as I was wearing a cap when I saw Katrina today and she didn't mention that I was already wearing my lucky item.

Ah ok, that's what I thought too. Something with the word "hat" in it instead of just cap.

Animekatt

Does anyone play in 3D?

I find the game so much more immersive. It looks doubly beautiful during the noon.

Yes I do. If I don't feel like having it all the way up, I keep the notch at just before it's off.

@MicH: I'll take some hybrids when we meet up later. I can just come to your place. :)

MicH

Well I don't NEED them, but I'd gladly take a few of each color that I don't have off your hands.
They're in my other town and I don't want them myself (except perhaps two of each of the hard to breed ones), so you guys can have them

Also I NEVER use the 3D.

I just spent a million in bells for a crown and I don't know why...although it does complete my Princess Peach outfit quite nicely.

Can I even sell this thing?

zigg

I play in 3D, but if I had an XL I wouldn't be able to. The sweet spot is so damn narrow on the units I've tried, and the ghosting unavoidable.

Wolfe

They're in my other town and I don't want them myself (except perhaps two of each of the hard to breed ones), so you guys can have them

Also I NEVER use the 3D.

Awesome I'll definitely take you up on that.

Also to be honest the 3D is THE main reason I originally bought a 3DS, wasn't even planning on it but then I finally asked my friend that bought one during launch if I could try it out (was only pilotwings) and I was pretty amazed. Ended up picking up one on craigslist within a few days.

I play in 3D, but if I had an XL I wouldn't be able to. The sweet spot is so damn narrow on the units I've tried, and the ghosting unavoidable.

I've owned 2 normal units and one XL now and the XL is no harder to keep in the right spot for me so I didn't have an issue with it, and to be honest it shouldn't be any different than the original units but everyones eyes are different I guess. Also I'm not sure what ghosting you're referring to because I've never encountered any. Still wish I had one of my original 3DS though, to me it's like having a GBA SP and a Micro at the same time.

Whoa! Just got a shaved ice lamp from Isabelle. Special announcement due to the Wii U plaza theme.

Also, I turn my 3D off sometimes but it's mandatory when catching bugs. Depends on my eyes though. Sometimes not in the mood.

Celegus

Is there anything you have to do other than have TIY to get Gracie to show up? And where does she come, at the fountain or by the shops? Haven't seen her at all yet.

Koren

Agree with you both. Most people I know play in 2D. WEAK.
I really like 3D, but I have some crosstalk problems with either my 3DS LL or AC... So it depends.

Does anyone need hybrids?
Don't tempt me... I struggle to get a second blue pansy and my first blue rose. But I want to be able to breed those myself.

I'd like a couple of non-red carnations one day, though.

veras

Do villager portraits only come from villagers running up to you with requests, or can they also come from requests you get by talking to them?

Koren

to be honest it shouldn't be any different than the original units
It is (the simple fact that the screen is larger make things more complex), but it won't bother everybody the same.

Also I'm not sure what ghosting you're referring to because I've never encountered any.
It's the ghost images on the left & right of bright objects. See e.g. the atm in the post office (the ghost on the left is especially obvious, but the right one really visible, though).

Wolfe

Do villager portraits only come from villagers running up to you with requests, or can they also come from requests you get by talking to them?

You can get them from pretty much anything, doesn't have to be a run up request.

It is (the simple fact that the screen is larger make things more complex), but it won't bother everybody the same.

It's the ghost images on the left & right of bright objects. See e.g. the atm in the post office (the ghost on the left is especially obvious, but the right one really visible, though).

Considering the way the 3D works I wouldn't think the screen size changes that the way you think it does, I could very well be wrong though. Also I was confused because you're talking about crosstalk (or whatever it's called), ghosting is something else entirely (when you see movement blur with the pixels, a good example is the first generation PSP screen).

I can't play any games in 3D. I mean, the effect is nice but if I have it TURNT UP my eyes start to get all messed up.

My eyes are already bad to begin with.

Also I NEVER use the 3D.

If you are giving them away I'd gladly take a few Pink Roses, Purple Roses and Black Roses off your hands so I can stop dedicating half of my town to flower fields that yield me 1 hybrid rose a week.

Despera

Banned
Fossils on hand:

ammonite x2
ankylo skull x4
ankylo tail
apato skull
apato tail
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull x2
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo tail x2
fern fossil x2
ichthyo skull
ichthyo torso x3
mammoth skull x2
mammoth torso
megacero tail
megacero torso x3
pachy skull x2
pachy tail
plesio neck
plesio skull
plesio torso x4
ptera left wing x2
ptera right wing x2
ptera skull
raptor skull
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego skull
stego tail x2
styraco skull
styraco tail
tricera skull
tricera torso

Fossils I'm missing:

parasaur tail

I need to get rid of all these fossils. If anyone wants any, just PM me or quote this post. I want nothing in return, but if someone has a parasaur tail that would be dandy :]

Koren

If you are giving them away I'd gladly take a few Pink Roses, Purple Roses and Black Roses off your hands so I can stop dedicating half of my town to flower fields that yield me 1 hybrid rose a week.
1 hybrid a week? I hope it's an overstatement, or there's something wrong ^_^

I got two purple, two orange and a red+ just today...

And there's always Phylia's gardening services ^_^

Zero_IYAD

Spent the last 2 hours jumping from one international island to another..
Finally managed to grab this :D

tumblr_mr9vd2l8tc1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

I also got an orange one, a sand castle, a sea globe, Kappa pants & a couple of toy hammers.
I think the only island item am really interested in is the heart-shaped chocolate box.

SuperSah

Banned
Spent the last 2 hours jumping from one international island to another..
Finally managed to grab this :D

tumblr_mr9vd2l8tc1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

I also got an orange one, a sand castle, a sea globe, Kappa pants & a couple of toy hammers.
I think the only island item am really interested in is the heart-shaped chocolate box.

Grats'! I'd really love to find a sea globe/sand castle.

To International islands!

Acid08

Banned
Does anyone play in 3D?

I find the game so much more immersive. It looks doubly beautiful during the noon.
Hardly ever. For some reason the 3D in Animal Crossing doesn't work well for me in certain cases. Like anything light colored on a dark background appears as a double image. But the 3D in other games, like FE:A, I have no problems and the 3D always looks amazing.

SuperSah

Banned
Hardly ever. For some reason the 3D in Animal Crossing doesn't work well for me in certain cases. Like anything light colored on a dark background appears as a double image. But the 3D in other games, like FE:A, I have no problems and the 3D always looks amazing.

Yeah, Fire Emblem has beautiful 3D. So subtle but makes a good effect.

Sometimes. Usually I'm unplugged though so I don't have it on to save my shitty battery life :p

Poor 3DS battery sucks, but when i'm on charge, full 3D. :p

Wolfe

Given the current 3DTV tech I've read about I can't wait for the next 3D handheld after the 3DS, just think a 3D HD handheld with no "sweet spot" as you could see the 3D from any angle. At least I hope they'll go with something at least that advanced for it :p

1 hybrid a week? I hope it's an overstatement, or there's something wrong ^_^

I got two purple, two orange and a red+ just today...

And there's always Phylia's gardening services ^_^
Unfortunately Philia's fantastic services would be impossible in the current state of my town, I only have room for about 4-5 very small patches which are taken up by red and white rose fields that refuse to yield anything.

The problem is that I had no idea what flowers I wanted until I developed the town, and when I did that I lost all the room needed to actually get the flowers I want.

SuperSah

Banned
Given the current 3DTV tech I've read about I can't wait for the next 3D handheld after the 3DS, just think a 3D HD handheld with no "sweet spot" as you could see the 3D from any angle. At least I hope they'll go with something at least that advanced for it :p

Nintendo waa gonna go for that 3D type. But it'd cost a bomb so they ditched it.

Given the price of 3DTV, I don't think 3D HD handhelds will ever be cheap enough for the average consumer. xD

Celegus

Yeah, Fire Emblem has beautiful 3D. So subtle but makes a good effect.

FE:A remains the only game where it's actually looked like the stuff was coming off the screen. Birds flying by and the cinders when something is on fire in particular, I thought a little bug was buzzing around my head.

I never use the 3D in AC though, can't tell much of a difference other than having to hold the system incredibly still.

Wolfe

Nintendo waa gonna go for that 3D type. But it'd cost a bomb so they ditched it.

Given the price of 3DTV, I don't think 3D HD handhelds will ever be cheap enough for the average consumer. xD

I think you underestimate the tech getting cheaper quickly, hell one of those 3D camera phones that's been out a year or two is damn near HD if it isn't, be more optimistic! :p

So I'm gonna leave my town open while I work if anyone currently on my list wants to say hi to Katrina. I'm T! if anyone has forgotten.

Just won't be super chatty though because... you know... work. *chuckles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom