• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
I think you underestimate the tech getting cheaper quickly, hell one of those 3D camera phones that's been out a year or two is damn near HD if it isn't, be more optimistic! :p

I'm sure it was a qHD display which is only 1/4 of HD, the HTC Evo 3D.

FE:A remains the only game where it's actually looked like the stuff was coming off the screen. Birds flying by and the cinders when something is on fire in particular, I thought a little bug was buzzing around my head.

I never use the 3D in AC though, can't tell much of a difference other than having to hold the system incredibly still.

I love when things float of FE. That bird scared me first time round and the 3D snow particles? Unbeatable.

Sordid

Does anyone like T-Bone? He's so boring. I've also had it with Molly. She's cute but...that's it.

I hated T-Bone, he rarely left his house and just moaned constantly. Plus everyone in town started wearing a horrible t-shirt after he did :( was glad he was the first villager to suggest leaving!

I had Gaston move in recently and he's an awesome cranky villager in comparison.

LadyRiven

Does anyone need hybrids?

tumblr_mr9trl5j7P1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tqhrNU51svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tpdP5OK1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tsnLkRg1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tu0SKWV1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr9tv7ThAn1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Oh my god, it's beautiful. I really need to look up the best way to grow these things.

Put another mark in the 3D camp for me. I play with it on most of the time. I know it might be an obvious thing to say, but turning it off just makes everything feel so flat.

Stat!

Does anyone need hybrids?

If you're moving hybrids, the purple/blue violets would be awesome.

I finally got my first two red hybrids and going to start breeding for blue roses.

With the Beautiful town ordinance, I've doubled my purple/black/orange roses in a few days :)

zigg

Considering the way the 3D works I wouldn't think the screen size changes that the way you think it does, I could very well be wrong though. Also I was confused because you're talking about crosstalk (or whatever it's called), ghosting is something else entirely (when you see movement blur with the pixels, a good example is the first generation PSP screen).
Yes, it is crosstalk; but I've heard it most often referred to as ghosting.

When the black 3DS announcement hit I went looking at XL units to see if I was going to have a 3D issue or not. I did. I've rocked an OG 3DS since launch (two, actually) and looked at others' and have never had a 3D issue—no "getting used to it" period for me at all. I just ran full-blast from day one, heh. But each of the XL units I tried had a maddeningly narrow spot where the 3D even began to resolve and crosstalk issues that were markedly worse than even what I'd seen in Ocarina of Time.

It's not that I don't believe you, but I have serious doubts based on the units I tried. It's conceivable that it might be a batch issue, but if that's the case, then what do I do if I buy an XL that has a shit screen? Exchange it over and over again until it's good?

Ok, Azure, I got the pail drip and dessert case in my pocket. :)

Also, was it you who still needed the iguanodon tail? Because I got one today. :)

So far, Club Tortimer players are rude as hell. :p

I didn't even notice that, just checking and went away. I'm anti-social on those Island.

You might be onto something ;)

And yeah I've got a couple. You can pop in at some point, but at the moment I'm doing the stupid ass camper trick right now (in vain) to see if I can wrangle a snooty villager that ideally doesn't suck. My motivation is waning though.

Well, just say when I can pop in. :)

Katie's in my town, anyone want her?

I would love to have her. :)

And I don't play in 3D. Tried it some time, it's cool, but the batteries... And the game is good enough without use of it. :)

Koren

Unfortunately Philia's fantastic services would be impossible in the current state of my town, I only have room for about 4-5 very small patches which are taken up by red and white rose fields that refuse to yield anything.

The problem is that I had no idea what flowers I wanted until I developed the town, and when I did that I lost all the room needed to actually get the flowers I want.
Have you considered using the beach as an hybrid ground?

Given the current 3DTV tech I've read about I can't wait for the next 3D handheld after the 3DS, just think a 3D HD handheld with no "sweet spot" as you could see the 3D from any angle.
The "no sweet spot" seems just one step closer than finding the holy grail...Especially on a small screen, I don't think it'll be doable anytime soon.

Nintendo waa gonna go for that 3D type. But it'd cost a bomb so they ditched it.
Which type?

Given the price of 3DTV, I don't think 3D HD handhelds will ever be cheap enough for the average consumer. xD
HD on handhelds is mostly useless, at least for gaming, given the quite restricted FoV (if you've to read a lot of black text on white background, I'd say it can be argued). Anything in the ~500p realm will be good enough and won't use much computing power (and battery life) for nothing.

MicH

I'm opening the gates to my other town in 10 minutes. It's the same 3DS FC, but the town name is Traitown and character is Mic

If I don't have you as friend yet, please PM me.

I have the following hybrids to take:

Pink roses
Purple roses
Black roses
Blue roses (please only take 2)
Orange roses (few)

Black tulips
Orange tulips
Purple tulips (please only take 2)

Blue pansies (few)
Purple pansies (please only take 2)

They may be scattered around town. You can take whatever you want that is laying on the ground.

See you soon!

Wolfe

Yes, it is crosstalk; but I've heard it most often referred to as ghosting.

When the black 3DS announcement hit I went looking at XL units to see if I was going to have a 3D issue or not. I did. I've rocked an OG 3DS since launch (two, actually) and looked at others' and have never had a 3D issue—no "getting used to it" period for me at all. I just ran full-blast from day one, heh. But each of the XL units I tried had a maddeningly narrow spot where the 3D even began to resolve and crosstalk issues that were markedly worse than even what I'd seen in Ocarina of Time.

It's not that I don't believe you, but I have serious doubts based on the units I tried. It's conceivable that it might be a batch issue, but if that's the case, then what do I do if I buy an XL that has a shit screen? Exchange it over and over again until it's good?

That's understandable, the tech being as early as it is doesn't leave much room for variation in peoples eyes either. Also the ghosting thing makes sense for 3D since it's like you're seeing a ghost image, I'm just so used to it from before 3D screens so I get confused when someone refers to it on the 3DS in place of crosstalk. Maybe I'll just start referring to ghosting as motion blur from now on.

Ok, Azure, I got the pail drip and dessert case in my pocket. :)

Also, was it you who still needed the iguanodon tail? Because I got one today. :)
It was, thank you! Are you available now to open your gates?
Edit: Actually I'll quickly pop to MicHs town first, then pop over after if that is ok?

Have you considered using the beach as an hybrid ground?
I had 10 black roses, 5 purple roses and 2 orange roses on the beach for over a week and didn't get a single flower spawn so I gave up with that. Particularly since I almost destroyed a few of them when trying to PWP request farm.

SuperSah

Banned
Which one?

I forgot the name, passive? I'm not sure, it's a type which allows full 180* viewing angles in 3D.

I saw it on a Iwata interview. They claimed it was too expensive to use, which is very understandable.

And yes, using a HD screen wouldn't be the cleverest idea due to impact on battery etc.

Gracie's in my town now, and she's asking for a modern style.
I got a swell shirt and oval shades, but I need modern style shoes.
Anyone got any I can borrow?

Animekatt

Whoa! Just got a shaved ice lamp from Isabelle. Special announcement due to the Wii U plaza theme.

How did you get this? Was it in the mailbox, or did you get a spotpass notice? I didn't receive anything special when I checked my mail earlier. I also have my wi-fi off when I'm not home to avoid crappy villagers.

I hated T-Bone, he rarely left his house and just moaned constantly. Plus everyone in town started wearing a horrible t-shirt after he did :( was glad he was the first villager to suggest leaving!

I had Gaston move in recently and he's an awesome cranky villager in comparison.

He was my first villager to suggest leaving, too. I wish I could send a letter to my past self saying "let the fucker GO while you still can."

Don't talk to ANYONE LoL!
Farm medals on your own island alone & just jump from one island to another, check the items & leave.

I hate to be rude like that, but the last Tortimer island I went to, the girl there was kind of hitting on me and started to cry when I went to leave. It was really awkward.

Stat!

I'm opening the gates to my other town in 10 minutes. It's the same 3DS FC, but the town name is Traitown and character is Mic

If I don't have you as friend yet, please PM me.

I have the following hybrids to take:

Pink roses
Purple roses
Black roses
Blue roses (please only take 2)
Orange roses (few)

Black tulips
Orange tulips
Purple tulips (please only take 2)

Blue pansies (few)
Purple pansies (please only take 2)

They may be scattered around town. You can take whatever you want that is laying on the ground.

See you soon!

Trying to visit Mich, but it keeps giving me an error that its not working despite your town not being full. I am trying to visit and plan to!

suzu

How did you get this? Was it in the mailbox, or did you get a spotpass notice? I didn't receive anything special when I checked my mail earlier. I also have my wi-fi off when I'm not home to avoid crappy villagers.

Need to turn on wi-fi. I had a blue dot on my ACNL icon.. when I turned on my game, Pete handed the letter over directly to my character.

Pete actually hand-delivers it at your doorstep. Can't miss it, but not sure why some people haven't gotten it yet.

Put another mark in the 3D camp for me. I play with it on most of the time. I know it might be an obvious thing to say, but turning it off just makes everything feel so flat.

Flat and ugly. The graphics are really designed around the 3D effect and they don't look nearly as good with the 3D off.

Animekatt

I just turned on my game again, and there he was. I also turned my wi-fi on for a bit. Now it goes back off until I'm home. Thanks everyone. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just turned on my game again, and there he was. I also turned my wi-fi on for a bit. Now it goes back off until I'm home. Thanks everyone. :)

I've had my wifi on and didn't get shit :/ guess I'll close and leave it in sleep mode for a few and see what happens :(

It was, thank you! Are you available now to open your gates?
Edit: Actually I'll quickly pop to MicHs town first, then pop over after if that is ok?

I had 10 black roses, 5 purple roses and 2 orange roses on the beach for over a week and didn't get a single flower spawn so I gave up with that. Particularly since I almost destroyed a few of them when trying to PWP request farm.

Ok, I first to Niraj's town and then I'll open the gate if I got back.

Now if you want dude

Ok, gonna come now in a quickie. :)

I added you FC is in my profile.

Ok, I go first to Niraj's town, but after that I come back and you can come. If you want, you can catalogue the Gulliver items too. :)

Elija2

If you keep talking to Pete after he gives you Isabelle's letter, he'll tell you that he doesn't fly because some kid at his old job would shoot at him with a slingshot. Pretty funny.

Stat!

Guess who just got their first perfect town rating? Awesome. Now to keep it for 14 more days! Any tips?

Also, I have a serene painting for trade/Katie in my town

Elija2

Looks like I'm wearing a skirt today because that's the only cute bottom in my catalog.

On the plus side, I got Tia's pic!

Awesome, thanks for the cakes and pink/black roses MicH. Rosie's and Muffy's house exteriors will now finally be complete! Now to start sending them custom furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom