• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

Speaking of which does anyone have a spare picnic basket and or pumpkin pie? Missed out on both of those.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I forgot how long one can take making a Pro Design.

Clearing up after Halloween. Put most of the stuff in my alt's house for now. Going to sell all the spooky stuff as I don't really need it any more and now to plan what to do with my main room.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Diving is still miserable. On the plus side, just need the snow crab and I'm done with that. Think I got all the other catches as well besides the tuna.

I think this is everything new this month, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Diving
Horsehair crab-All day, medium shadow
Sea cucumber-All day, medium shadow
Snow crab-All day, large shadow
Red king crab-All day, large shadow

Bugs
Mole cricket-All day

Fish
Bitterling-All day, river, tiny shadow
Blowfish-9pm to 4am, ocean, medium
Tuna-All day, ocean, biggest shadow
Football fish-4pm to 9am, ocean, medium-large shadow

Still haven't seen a new catch picture floating around, but if I see it I'll try to post it and update the OP

EdgeXL

The turnip OT is dead as far as user activity. Do we still have to post there if we are looking for good prices?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I admit I haven't checked my turnip prices in a long while. If the turnip thread is dying I guess i'll make a point of checking them again to help others out.

The smaller community will mean hosting a good price will be bearable.

Wolfe

I haven't checked mine in a long time either, possibly months. I'll start checking them again just for the hell of it.

Linius

Since I don't do turnips anymore I have failed to check mine as well. Some how I'd like that 100 million bells. But I just know it's gonna be impossible. I just want to play other games, go to work and study without stressing about turnips all week :p

Animekatt

I haven't bought any turnips in months. I like the piece of mind from not having to worry about getting good prices. When I do check my turnip prices, they have always been in the 40s or 50s range. :/

Frogstep

Just got home and found a Mush TV, but more importantly...

VT7hrFz.jpg

Got the frog I was hoping for next to show up at my campsite! :D

Diving
Horsehair crab-All day, medium shadow
Sea cucumber-All day, medium shadow
Snow crab-All day, large shadow
Red king crab-All day, large shadow

Bugs
Mole cricket-All day

Fish
Bitterling-All day, river, tiny shadow
Blowfish-9pm to 4am, ocean, medium
Tuna-All day, ocean, biggest shadow
Football fish-4pm to 9am, ocean, medium-large shadow

Best part of starting a new month too: New catches! Haven't found an image of the new catches yet either, but thanks for making up that list for all of us.

Frogstep

Do mushrooms you don't pick up stay there forever and do they count as like weeds or something against you towns status? Never had mushrooms around my town before.

Wolfe

Do mushrooms you don't pick up stay there forever and do they count as like weeds or something against you towns status? Never had mushrooms around my town before.

Yes and no respectively.

Edit: also you can stick them wherever you want around town.

The turnip OT is dead as far as user activity. Do we still have to post there if we are looking for good prices?

I keep checking but sadly my prices have been shit lately. But that's why I made the joke in the last OT that we should just change this topic to "We can talk about turnips in here now." It's died down so much it's not nearly as intrusive as it was before to normal conversations.

Niraj

Just missing the snow crab now. Based on what I've seen from last night and today, bitterlings, red king crabs, horsehair crabs, and football fish all seem really common.

In regards to turnips, I'll defer to people who actually frequent the thread to make a judgment on that. I'd say offhanf that if there is a big sale price to leave logistics to the other thread. I do wonder whether people who frequent that thread even hang around here at all.

Chopper

Right. So the deal is done. I will have a new peppy ovine neighbour heading to my town from The Grid. Will her site turn up tomorrow? Is it tomorrow morning that I start the resetting circle of hell for the first time?

Niraj

Snow crab get! All done with catching stuff for November now.

Right. So the deal is done. I will have a new peppy ovine neighbour heading to my town from The Grid. Will her site turn up tomorrow? Is it tomorrow morning that I start the resetting circle of hell for the first time?

Yeah tomorrow the plot will show up.

Just got home. I imagine others have already cataloged it, but I just ordered 5 autumn leaf chairs anyways. They should arrive in about 45 minutes if EuroGAF wants one.

FC is 0001-3321-1065 for those that don't have me registered. I don't need anything in return. If anyone wants to donate a blue rose or purple tulip, that would be great, but certainly not necessary. I'm just growing impatient with some of my hybrids.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So I have the following spares from Halloween:

Masks: Bug, Ghost, Mummy, Monster, Werewolf

Pumpkins: Yellow, Green, Purple

Patched clothing: Shirt, Pants

Spooky furniture: Spooky Vanity, Spooky Dresser, Spooky Carpet

Anyone need them? I'd rather them go to someone that actually wants the stuff than just trade it in to re-tail.

Niraj

Ohmygod I'm so stressed out about this.

I mean...it could be bad, or it could be really simple. I totally forgot to do it for Soleil and Carmen, but they moved into decent spots on their own, Soleil taking Sparro's old spot and Carmen near my town tree. Ankha and Jacques on the other hand took a ton of resetting...Ankha took me like 4 hours, and I didn't count how long Jacques took. The main problem was that they kept trying to move into this secluded area to the left of my train station near my picnic blanket, which was probably the dumbest shit they could've done. It's definitely better to do it just in case, but you might get lucky and have them move into your recently vacated spot right away.

Elija2

Here is all the extra Halloween stuff that I have:

old wallpaper x3
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
creepy clock
creepy cauldron

Anyone need any of it?

SuperSah

Banned
Just got home. I imagine others have already cataloged it, but I just ordered 5 autumn leaf chairs anyways. They should arrive in about 45 minutes if EuroGAF wants one.

FC is 0001-3321-1065 for those that don't have me registered. I don't need anything in return. If anyone wants to donate a blue rose or purple tulip, that would be great, but certainly not necessary. I'm just growing impatient with some of my hybrids.

Keep me one! :)

veras

How do mole crickets work? One of the wikis said something about them being underground and you need to listen for them/dig them up?

Chopper

I mean...it could be bad, or it could be really simple. I totally forgot to do it for Soleil and Carmen, but they moved into decent spots on their own, Soleil taking Sparro's old spot and Carmen near my town tree. Ankha and Jacques on the other hand took a ton of resetting...Ankha took me like 4 hours, and I didn't count how long Jacques took. The main problem was that they kept trying to move into this secluded area to the left of my train station near my picnic blanket, which was probably the dumbest shit they could've done. It's definitely better to do it just in case, but you might get lucky and have them move into your recently vacated spot right away.

It'll be an interesting learning curve. I've spent so long designing my town layout, placing PWPs in the most sensible, spread out places that I'm hoping I've severely limited the number of options available. I will mark the fuck out if it just slips into the same spot Pippy left.

Niraj

How do mole crickets work? One of the wikis said something about them being underground and you need to listen for them/dig them up?

Yeah you'll be able to hear them. Then you just dig in the loudest spots til it pops up. I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe try pushing a villager near the sounds. Usually they look at bugs, so maybe they'd look at the correct spot to dig as well?

Frogstep

They'll make noises underground and you just start digging where the noise seems the loudest. They'll be dug up and start running around which you can later catch afterwards.

Great. :) I'll grab it and hop on tomorrow at around 11AM GMT, since you'll probably be asleep p by the time I'm free.

Sure, that sounds like a plan!

Mwahaha, item completion rate slowly increasing...

Still gutted I can't find the mush furniture in my sister's town; hope one turns up tomorrow so I can get the mush set in half the time.

Koomaster

No Mush for me either. But I had a couple dozen mushrooms scattered through a little forest. I wonder if they, like Aveyn suggested, blocked new ones from being spawned.
Same. I have a mushroom pond, no new mushrooms grew in my town today. Guess I will have to pack them up for the season.

Walking around my town today I saw an awesome looking flower. Picked it up and it was Jacobs ladder. I remember reading they show up when you have a perfect town rating. I ran to Isabelle and she confirmed it!

Any tips for keeping it for 15 days?

Also I got a Mush TV, Harvest Wall and Harvest Table.

November rocks! :)

Frogstep

Walking around my town today I saw an awesome looking flower. Picked it up and it was Jacobs ladder. I remember reading they show up when you have a perfect town rating. I ran to Isabelle and she confirmed it!

Any tips for keeping it for 15 days?

Also I got a Mush TV, Harvest Wall and Harvest Table.

November rocks! :)

Just be sure to keep your town weedless and no garbage lying around. That's pretty much all I did and got 15 days perfect pretty easily. I also wouldn't cut down or plant anymore trees either, I think the number of trees also factors into your perfect status.

Just be sure to keep your town weedless and no garbage lying around. That's pretty much all I did and got 15 days perfect pretty easily. I also wouldn't cut down or plant anymore trees either, I think the number of trees also factors into your perfect status.
Sounds easy enough. Thanks.

I also just got perfect status! I don't have to talk to Isabelle every day, do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom