• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Not much spooky/creepy furniture in today's Streetpasses.

Although I imagine most of these relay tags are days old.

Whew, finally sold my turnips.

Didn't make a huge profit, but a profit none the less. I knew I shouldn't of bought during a holiday week, especially now that good turnip prices are so much harder to find.

Today was my birthday. I had one final fossil left to fill the fossil exhibit in the museum, done with 100% local fossils.

I blew out the candles and wished for a Tricera Skull. I dug a hole and got a Tricera Skull.

Today was my birthday. I had one final fossil left to fill the fossil exhibit in the museum, done with 100% local fossils.

I blew out the candles and wished for a Tricera Skull. I dug a hole and got a Tricera Skull.
I heard a long time ago about someone wishing for something and getting shortly after. I wonder if it does increase your chances?

Ellix

I'm looking for a Creepy Floor, if anyone has a spare. Jack gave me 4 Creepy Walls but not one Creepy Floor...

My Halloween extras, free to a good home:

Creepy Cauldron x2
Creepy Clock x2
Creepy Skeleton
Creepy Statue
Creepy Wall x3
Patched Hat
Old Flooring x2
Green-pumpkin head
Yellow-pumpkin head
Some extra candy

Roto13

I would buy a paid expansion for this game if it let me have a house with more rooms.

... I'd probably buy a paid expansion for this game anywy.

Wolfe

I would buy a paid expansion for this game if it let me have a house with more rooms.

... I'd probably buy a paid expansion for this game anywy.

Can't say I disagree.

In other news the search for Punchy is over! Thanks again BPB, also for the basket :)

Wendy ended up sending me her picture in the mail, every time I look at it I'll smile for the fact that shes gone XD

Can't say I disagree.

In other news the search for Punchy is over! Thanks again BPB, also for the basket :)

Wendy ended up sending me her picture in the mail, every time I look at it I'll smile for the fact that shes gone XD

I'm glad he's got a good home :) He's a very cool cat.

Hansel

Banned
I'm looking for a Creepy Floor, if anyone has a spare. Jack gave me 4 Creepy Walls but not one Creepy Floor...

My Halloween extras, free to a good home:

Creepy Cauldron x2
Creepy Clock x2
Creepy Skeleton
Creepy Statue
Creepy Wall x3
Patched Hat
Old Flooring x2
Green-pumpkin head
Yellow-pumpkin head
Some extra candy

Creepy Skeleton Please!

Ellix

Can't say I disagree.

Congrats on Punchy! He's a cool guy, the day I invited Punchy from a generous GameFAQs member is probably one of the highlights of my AC playthrough.

I have an extra floor you can have. I can drop that off real quick for you if you're available.

FC: 2020-0700-7027

Edit: Oh, I ended up having it covered! Thanks for offering though :D If you need any of the Halloween stuff feel free to drop in.

Creepy Skeleton Please!

No prob, I've got the stuff on the ground beside the station!
FC: 3007 - 8321 - 6288

Edit: Oh I'll need your friend code too :p

Mecca

I've spent the last couple of months making sure not to step on my grass so that it would grow back in time to look decent during the winter. Now with this mushroom furniture, I'm forced to check all the areas which means walking on my precious grass. :( I did get a mushroom end table that looks pretty nice, but is it really worth it?

There was a Harvest Clock in my emporium today. It's kind of ugly. lol It reminds me of a bird for some reason.

Wolfe

I've spent the last couple of months making sure not to step on my grass so that it would grow back in time to look decent during the winter. Now with this mushroom furniture, I'm forced to check all the areas which means walking on my precious grass. :( I did get a mushroom end table that looks pretty nice, but is it really worth it?

There was a Harvest Clock in my emporium today. It's kind of ugly. lol It reminds me of a bird for some reason.

As long as you only walk on it I wouldn't worry, I got into the habit of only walking when on grassy areas and it all grew back (aside from the default dirt areas) without any issue, I don't have any paths yet btw cause I'm lazy so I have to walk on my grass. I kinda forget how bad it can get then I go visit a town like Niraj's and feel like I'm strolling through a desert lol
a magical desert of wonder and tree flags <3

Mecca

As long as you only walk on it I wouldn't worry, I got into the habit of only walking when on grassy areas and it all grew back (aside from the default dirt areas) without any issue, I don't have any paths yet btw cause I'm lazy so I have to walk on my grass. I kinda forget how bad it can get then I go visit a town like Niraj's and feel like I'm strolling through a desert lol
a magical desert of wonder and tree flags <3

I've never ran in my town, only walked and the grass still seemed to disappear after awhile. It took a few months though. I guess doing it only for November should be ok.

No grass havers are going to be crying come winter and there is no snow on the ground to roll up snowmen.

I think there's a bug that rolls up snow balls in the winter as well. I wonder if no snow will affect that?

Frogstep

This Football fish is pretty elusive. I keep catching nothing but sea bass nonstop and it's the last thing I need to complete the November catches.

Koomaster

That's an issue? That doesn't even make any sense if it is.
Yeah in the winter grass turns into snow covered grass. No grass = no snow.

Snowballs will probably still appear (along with the dung beetle) but without snow to roll them over and make them larger you can't build a proper snowman.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah in the winter grass turns into snow covered grass. No grass = no snow.

Snowballs will probably still appear (along with the dung beetle) but without snow to roll them over and make them larger you can't build a proper snowman.

Why would they even make grass deterioration a thing then? That's seriously the dumbest fucking shit.

Wolfe

Why would they even make grass deterioration a thing then? That's seriously the dumbest fucking shit.

Time to head back to that tree flag church and pray!

Honestly though I agree with you, but look on the bright side, you can always come to my town to play in the snow ;)

braves01

Banned

That's why I said the next game should let you buy grass seed. Or just reduce the extent to which grass deteriorates/time it takes to regenerate.

Koomaster

Yeah I really hate it too. In a way it can be cool to make your own dirt paths by wearing away the grass where you walk everyday. But in reality between shaking trees, planting flowers, hunting down neighbors, digging up fossils, fishing and bug hunting - you are walking pretty much everywhere in your town each day. So all your grass is getting worn away unless you take steps to prevent it.

The grass deterioration and the tanning NEED to be fixed in the next game. There should be easy ways to customize these things. Add a tanning booth and maybe let fertilizer regrow a patch of grass over a few days.

Don't think many enjoy the workaround to fixing these problems, so why not solve them for the next game.

Niraj

Time to head back to that tree flag church and pray!

Honestly though I agree with you, but look on the bright side, you can always come to my town to play in the snow ;)

I mean honestly, if I didn't have enough snow myself, oh well, I'd find the pieces from gamefaqs or elsewhere, but the fact that they'd knowingly potentially cripple a player's experience just for playing the damn game is just beyond infuriating. It just baffles me that somebody wouldn't say, "hey, that's kind of fucked up isn't it? Maybe we shouldn't do that."

That's why I said the next game should let you buy grass seed. Or just reduce the extent to which grass deteriorates/time it takes to regenerate.

Yeah I really hate it too. In a way it can be cool to make your own dirt paths by wearing away the grass where you walk everyday. But in reality between shaking trees, planting flowers, hunting down neighbors, digging up fossils, fishing and bug hunting - you are walking pretty much everywhere in your town each day. So all your grass is getting worn away unless you take steps to prevent it.

The grass deterioration and the tanning NEED to be fixed in the next game. There should be easy ways to customize these things. Add a tanning booth and maybe let fertilizer regrow a patch of grass over a few days.

Don't think many enjoy the workaround to fixing these problems, so why not solve them for the next game.

Pretty much. There should be some kind of solution to problems that are so basic and obviously fixable.

I'm seriously considering doing the TT trick to fix the grass pretty soon. There are A LOT of snowman related items, so I need to get some nice big areas of snow.

November is definitely OPERATION: NEW LAWN.

Koomaster

It was worse in City Folk. They did tone it down for this game. Still not enough.

In City Folk you could wear away grass in a day. Every time you reloaded the game you could walk a path. Do that enough times and you'd wear away the grass.

Ellix

Agreed...grass replanting should exist. But NOT regrow-one-tile-of-grass-per-day deal sort of like the fertilizer, please.

I already gave in to grass wear and did a time skip to regrow it back in August, so I guess I can't really complain right now.

braves01

Banned
Agreed...grass replanting should exist. But NOT regrow-one-tile-of-grass-per-day deal sort of like the fertilizer, please.

I already gave in to grass wear and did a time skip to regrow it back in August, so I guess I can't really complain right now.

Yeah, I suppose needing to stockpile seed for each square wouldn't do much to eliminate the need to TT for new grass. Maybe big strips of sod you can lay down (and different varieties of grass)? Or even just an ordinance. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised the devs chose not to make the beautiful town ordinance preserve your grass.

Niraj

Added a more extensive section to the OP about the alt reset trick that bluepolicebox contributed, and axed most of the tips and tricks section.

Elija2

Added a more extensive section to the OP about the alt reset trick that bluepolicebox contributed, and axed most of the tips and tricks section.

How will newcomers know that they can stack fruit?

Also, OT4 hasn't been locked yet. Do we need to contact a mod about that?

Niraj

How will newcomers know that they can stack fruit?

Also, OT4 hasn't been locked yet. Do we need to contact a mod about that?

They never will!
or eventually will figure it out when a villager brings it up

I asked a few times whether I should but nobody really said anything :/ I checked the conversation at the end of OT3 and somebody said there was an auto notification at 20k and that it would eventually be locked, but maybe that was silly to listen to. I guess I'll just pm somebody. Who would the appropriate person be, or does it matter?

Elija2

I asked a few times whether I should but nobody really said anything :/ I checked the conversation at the end of OT3 and somebody said there was an auto notification at 20k and that it would eventually be locked, but maybe that was silly to listen to. I guess I'll just pm somebody. Who would the appropriate person be, or does it matter?

I'm assuming you can just PM any mod about it.

Wolfe

Yeah as much ribbing as I like to give about it I would be lying if I said that I was content with resorting to walking everywhere in my town, I hate it and sometimes it can be a real chore keeping my dude from hitting his stride.

I definitely think they should have added double the amount of ordinances and let you pick and choose two of them or something to that effect, I terribly miss night owl but honestly can't be bothered with watering my million flowers anymore even with the gold watering can (which isn't that big of a benefit considering it takes longer for the watering animation anyway).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
World is much more orangy today it seems.

Was hoping to redecorate my main room now that Halloween is over before I set out and get streetpasses, but I've ended up planning to meet a friend later so I guess some people will get my post Halloween creepy room.

I did chuck in a few items from the event so it's a little updated at least.

Mushrooms appeared now that I got rid of all the ones I already had lying around town.

Got the forest floor.

Linius

Frank is moving in today. :(

Still need that tuna for my museum.

Not sure if it'll be today...

That's my bro Frank :p

EDIT

Pretty sweet, Simon send me a Tall Lantern. Goes for 6000 bells normally. Considering he once gave me his life savings of 300 something bells this means a lot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom