• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

This is a plea for visitors. I'm at 91 people, and I would really love to get my station redesigned today, whilst I'm doing a bit of renovation.

My gate's open. Please pop by.

Marvie_3

Banned
This is a plea for visitors. I'm at 91 people, and I would really love to get my station redesigned today, whilst I'm doing a bit of renovation.

If you want to add me, I can drop by to pick up those hydrangeas. :D

Chopper did you say Perfect Apples are your premiums today? I'll visit but may AFK within once in a while, will also revisit etc cause not enough storage space for all the perfect apples.

Mecca

Thank you for the reminder about the harvest festival. I didn't know that was a thing in this game.

I want to avoid being labeled a time traveler and tonight is Daylight Savings which means I need to change the games clock. When would be the best time? My internal clock on the 3DS is already set back an hour, it's just the AC game itself that will be off.

I saw samurai heart ask about the harvest festival, so I looked it up as I was curious myself. This seems to be a very involved event, and is best to gather the fish/needed ingredients early so you can have an easier time. http://www.sosostris.com/2012/11/23/

Scroll down til they mention about the event.

Edit: ^ doh I forgot about the Jingle set too...

Oh snap. This is super handy. I may delay some Pokémanning today to stock up on stuff just in case.

I should really go through and figure out what I'm missing for my museum art wise. That's the one area that is really slacking. catching up on the thread this morning made me remember too I forgot to order from Redd yesterday. :\

I want to avoid being labeled a time traveler and tonight is Daylight Savings which means I need to change the games clock. When would be the best time? My internal clock on the 3DS is already set back an hour, it's just the AC game itself that will be off.

Just set it back an hour when you're done playing for the day? Changing the clock back an hour once isn't going to affect your game.

Chopper

It looks as though my wifi connection doesn't like people leaving Buckland at the moment. If anyone tries entering once I've had a guest, they get an error message. Very annoying. Thanks for your efforts Marv.

Samurai, I'll open u again in about 20 mins for you. Gotta pop out real quick.

It looks as though my wifi connection doesn't like people leaving Buckland at the moment. If anyone tries entering once I've had a guest, they get an error message. Very annoying. Thanks for your efforts Marv.

Ah, was wondering. Was trying to come in and help boost your count, but got the error code twice. Ping me later if you want me to stop by, would be happy to help.

That's okay man, what a coincidence lol I've got some errands to do before I'll be back on etc

Elija2

After reading about the snow from here, later today I will clear out the huge flower field so I can have nothing but grass there (Sorry Philia!).

Do the snowballs trample flowers or something? Because pretty much all of the grass patches in my town and covered in flowers and it would be a pain to remove them all.

Now that I think about it, my town layout isn't really ideal for rolling snowballs. Most of my paths have trees and bushes covering the edges so it would be difficult to roll a snowball through them.

I need to visit you some time so I can say hi to Frank. I wonder if he recognizes me. How does that work in New Leaf?

If you visit him he'll remember you and have unique conversations. That's about it.

Frogstep

I was wondering how I already have the Harvest set completed, but then I remembered that Philia gave me the whole set for visiting her town a while back. :)

Chopper

That's okay man, what a coincidence lol I've got some errands to do before I'll be back on etc
Okay man. I'm gonna open my gate, but I have to go out. I'm gonna leave my gate open whilst I do so. I would recommend getting here as soon as poss, or the errors will start.

Elija2

Is she still deep in GTAV? I haven't seen her around here since it launched.

I'm assuming that she's still been playing AC each day but just hasn't been active on here. I mean, she had like a thousand hours put into the game so I doubt that she completely quit due to GTA. Although her card on my friend list doesn't say the last time she was online so who knows. She could have just deleted me but I have no way of knowing because Nintendo killed Swapnote.

Wolfe

Ditching all the mushrooms I had did the trick: I found the five spawns this morning including the Mush Bed :)

The new colors today are really nice.

I guess I'll just try cataloging the mush set from someone later as I don't want to be bothered picking up the 20 or so odd mushrooms I've placed around town :p

Guessing you're still out as I keep getting that error even though no one is in your town, can't show you the turd I dug up :(

Thank you for the reminder about the harvest festival. I didn't know that was a thing in this game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as I've time traveled (what I would think is) quite a bit for various reasons like moving villagers in/out when picking up particular ones from here or GF and I've never had any of my villagers call me a time traveler yet. Actually kind of disappointing as they're back to calling me a pro listener and I would much rather be a Marty McFly :p

Frogstep

Not sure if she's still GTA'ing, it's possible. I'm sure she still keeps up with her town, given how much time and effort she has put into it. Definitely would like to see her stop by again. :<

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I hear if you stand in the midst of a bunch of haphazardly placed flowers surrounded by fruit trees in the dead of the night, you can hear her anguished cries flowing across the breeze.

I guess I'll just try cataloging the mush set from someone later as I don't want to be bothered picking up the 20 or so odd mushrooms I've placed around town :p

That's like two trips :/

I've never been called a time traveler in all the months I've done it on the side. There's something in particular that sets it off but definitely making the small adjustment for DST isn't enough. If that were the case, chopping one tree would make you a stump maker.

I hear if you stand in the midst of a bunch of haphazardly placed flowers surrounded by fruit trees in the dead of the night, you can hear her anguished cries flowing across the breeze.

All those junk trees :(

Elija2

Hahaha! No wonder I've been hearing strange noises recently.

Linius

I see I might need beehives on Harvest Festival. Good thing I left two of these in my town and never bothered to clean them up.

Wolfe

That's like two trips :/

But then I'd have to remember where I placed them! I actually counted and I've got 32, and that's after my friend stole 5 of them for her town lol.

And ironically famous mushrooms are on premium at my retail today and I have at least 8 of them scattered around town... well too bad Reese! I love those famous shrooms, they ain't going nowhere!

Btw, golden shovel get!

Linius

Kabuki suggested me a zenn clock or bell yesterday. It was the first PWP suggestion I've had in months. Just playing 15 minutes a day and doing my walks trough town never gave me a suggestion. But since a week or so I started playing a lot more with all these events and things to do.

Frogstep

Turns out I was missing the Tuna to complete my catches for the month. I've since remedied that and now I'm done with November catches. :D

I'm sorry for lying to you all! Please forgive. :<

Elija2

I have some stuff to give away. Someone please take them:

sporty floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
Ultra Hand x2
miniature car
Ultra Scope
golden carpet
golden wall torch
old wallpaper x3
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
creepy cauldron
pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looking over my town plan made me realise I've miscounted the placement of some flowers and paths. AHHH! Have to fix that and it looks like it may mean having to get more white pansies…

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Turns out I was missing the Tuna to complete my catches for the month. I've since remedied that and now I'm done with November catches. :D

I'm sorry for lying to you all! Please forgive. :<

I can't even look at you the same way anymore.

Anyone had animals that have left come back to visit? Eric the deer left my town ages ago, but a few days ago I bumped into him on Main Street. Then I bumped into him there again yesterday...and he's back again today! That's three days in a row. Do animals ever move back in? If so, I'd love Gabi to come back.

Elija2

Anyone had animals that have left come back to visit? Eric the deer left my town ages ago, but a few days ago I bumped into him on Main Street. Then I bumped into him there again yesterday...and he's back again today! That's three days in a row. Do animals ever move back in? If so, I'd love Gabi to come back.

They won't move back in, they'll just keep showing up on Main Street.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
See that gap between the bushes and the path. The bush there won't grow. It's only the 8th bush in a row so it should. Any ideas what it won't?

tumblr_mvno6zLX5S1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

That's my alt by the way in case anyone was confused by the sudden sex change.

Frogstep

See that gap between the bushes and the path. The bush there won't grow. It's only the 8th bush in a row so it should. Any ideas what it won't?

tumblr_mvno6zLX5S1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Maybe there's a limit to the number of bushes you can have around that area? I'm not real familiar with a lot of the limitations to the landscaping stuff, but that would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom