• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Interesting. A bit strange that the same animal has been visiting for three days straight. The campers only stay one day!

I think after five villagers move, they'll start appearing, and there can be four max. If another animal moves, the first returner will disappear. I've had Elise, Boomer, Sparro, Annalisa, and Rhonda move in that order, and after Rhonda left Elise started showing up.

Please forgiiiiiiiiive!

Meh ok. Don't grovel though.

Is there anything special to do with the mushrooms, or is it safe to just sell/eat them?

You can save some for the harvest festival. Think it was 3 each of thin, round, and flat. I'd sell the rest since some go for a fair amount.

starmud

finally caught a bee >___>

im surprised to see spiders are still around, i thought they would be gone. also, lady bugs were annoyingly rare and easy flights, i usually spend an hour a day playing and never did get one. i remember in the older games they were the easiest to get, meh.

looks like im also going to have to cave and buy any diving suit, i've been waiting for the stripped red/blue to come into stock and have yet to see them (since launch)...

Oxx

Anyone had animals that have left come back to visit? Eric the deer left my town ages ago, but a few days ago I bumped into him on Main Street. Then I bumped into him there again yesterday...and he's back again today! That's three days in a row. Do animals ever move back in? If so, I'd love Gabi to come back.

Lucha has been stalking me every day for months after he moved-out.

I've been keeping photographic proof of his harassment, but it's not really worth the hassle of uploading it or posting it.

Man: I can't catch a Tuna to save my life. :/ Been trying for a couple hours now without success. I'm wearing a clover, but nada. Any tips? Is the shadow bigger than the sea bass one?

Finally got the suggestion to build the Fortune Teller Shop on Main Street!

(>^____^)> *dance* <(^____^<)
Congrats!
I don't even want to think how far away from mine I am...

I'm assuming that she's still been playing AC each day but just hasn't been active on here. I mean, she had like a thousand hours put into the game so I doubt that she completely quit due to GTA. Although her card on my friend list doesn't say the last time she was online so who knows. She could have just deleted me but I have no way of knowing because Nintendo killed Swapnote.
Gotchya. That's too bad. She saw my town before... well, anything. Before I'd built PWPs, did any landscaping, etc. Would've been nice to show her the town now, given the inspiration she first gave me as my first interaction with AC-GAF. :eek:

I hear if you stand in the midst of a bunch of haphazardly placed flowers surrounded by fruit trees in the dead of the night, you can hear her anguished cries flowing across the breeze.
Trample three hybrids and she'll appear with a golden axe, and it won't be for cutting down trees.

Wolfe

looks like im also going to have to cave and buy any diving suit, i've been waiting for the stripped red/blue to come into stock and have yet to see them (since launch)...

I believe that's one of the items that only shows up on the online island, the only wetsuits I think that show up on local islands are the green and black ones (I could be totally wrong about this.) It's one of the reasons I don't have any of the cool wetsuits either :(

I believe that's one of the items that only shows up on the online island, the only wetsuits I think that show up on local islands are the green and black ones (I could be totally wrong about this.) It's one of the reasons I don't have any of the cool wetsuits either :(

Yes. Blue, red, striped, and white are Club Tortimer. The others appear on your own island but orange and pink are (even more) rare.

Wolfe

I just keep putting off island hopping cause I wouldn't be sticking around and the few times I've done it the people want to chat or hang out :p

Really want that striped wetsuit though heh.

Mecca

Just set it back an hour when you're done playing for the day? Changing the clock back an hour once isn't going to affect your game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as I've time traveled (what I would think is) quite a bit for various reasons like moving villagers in/out when picking up particular ones from here or GF and I've never had any of my villagers call me a time traveler yet. Actually kind of disappointing as they're back to calling me a pro listener and I would much rather be a Marty McFly :p

Thank you to the both of you. I was afraid I might screw something up. :)

BTW, I officially hate mole crickets. My town is mostly covered with flowers and trees which makes it really hard to see when you've dug up a mole cricket. It took about an hour of digging one up, missing it because of a tree and having to go inside to reset to finally catch one.

Now I just need to catch a blowfish and I'm all set for November.

Wolfe

Ok so this is really weird and has never happened to me before, I'm hanging out in Chopper's town and I pull out my bubbles and then my dude starts randomly blowing bubbles without me pressing the button o_o

Is this something that normally happens? Definitely wasn't an accidental button press either as I was holding the stylus. Just weirded me out haha.

Chopper

96 visitors! Anyone?

I'm annoyed that my total would be so much higher if the connection was that much more reliable.

Thank you to the both of you. I was afraid I might screw something up. :)

I set my 3DS time clock back an hour earlier this evening and when I started up the game, the time was already in sync with the system time so I didn't have to change anything with Isabelle. Already taken care of. :)

Frogstep

I set my 3DS time clock back an hour earlier this evening and when I started up the game, the time was already in sync with the system time so I didn't have to change anything with Isabelle. Already taken care of. :)

That's a pretty good idea, going to get that taken care of now. I always forget when it's daylight savings time and if time goes forward or backwards.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Chopper for giving me the last two KK songs I needed for my jukebox. Now seeing KK Slider live on Saturday nights feels purely optional. Thanks!

Ellix

Ok so this is really weird and has never happened to me before, I'm hanging out in Chopper's town and I pull out my bubbles and then my dude starts randomly blowing bubbles without me pressing the button o_o

Is this something that normally happens? Definitely wasn't an accidental button press either as I was holding the stylus. Just weirded me out haha.

When you are holding the bubble wand or pinwheels, you can blow into the actual microphone of the 3DS to make it work, like the dandelion puffs and birthday candles. :D

So likely the microphone was picking up on some ambient noises and interpreting them as you blowing into the 3DS. One time I was holding the bubble wand and tried playing on the subway train, and my guy wouldn't stop blowing bubbles ~_~

Wolfe

When you are holding the bubble wand or pinwheels, you can blow into the actual microphone of the 3DS to make it work, like the dandelion puffs and birthday candles. :D

So likely the microphone was picking up on some ambient noises and interpreting them as you blowing into the 3DS. One time I was holding the bubble wand and tried playing on the subway train, and my guy wouldn't stop blowing bubbles ~_~

Ok yeah that makes sense and hadn't even crossed my mind since I was just chilling here on the couch, just glad my dudes not possessed.

Chopper

I'll help you boost that number if I see you online when I can lol

Could always sell those Perfect apples at your place marked up even without premium pricing.
You would be welcome to, but I might recommend storing them. Perfect fruit = mega bells.

Marvie_3 got me to 100 visitors. Finally! Legend. Thanks to everyone else who contributed too. My station redesign is underway!

498,000 bells?! Worth it.

Marvie_3

Banned
You would be welcome to, but I might recommend storing them. Perfect fruit = mega bells.

Marvie_3 got me to 100 visitors. Finally! Legend. Thanks to everyone else who contributed too. My station redesign is underway!

498,000 bells?! Worth it.

Happy to help!

Velcro Fly

Got my mole cricket and 80% fishing encyclopedia badge today.

Still need to get November's new deep sea creatures and to fish up a blowfish.

Whew, already got all the November catches, including the diving stuff. (Which I was dreading, since they were all apparently rare creatures.)

So close to completing my entire encyclopedia. :)

Niraj

Whew, already got all the November catches, including the diving stuff. (Which I was dreading, since they were all apparently rare creatures.)

So close to completing my entire encyclopedia. :)

That's gonna be sad in a way. I really look forward to the new catches every month :(

Speaking of:

tumblr_mvnakofFaz1sp8elno1_500.png

tumblr_mvnakofFaz1sp8elno2_500.png

Updated the OP with that, and this. Looks like our Nintendo Zone stuff is going to just be made up of repeats:

Having a good day for fishing and diving all around, I was able to catch all the stuff I need for the Harvest Festival already. Now just a few more mushrooms and I'm all set.

Updated the OP with that, and this. Looks like our Nintendo Zone stuff is going to just be made up of repeats:
That graphic is missing the red king crab.

Also, lame that the Nintendo Zone is repeats for the next 3 months. :/

Niraj

Having a good day for fishing and diving all around, I was able to catch all the stuff I need for the Harvest Festival already. Now just a few more mushrooms and I'm all set.

Whoops, forgot to copy both parts, my bad. Edited in.

Ellix

Here it is:
EDIT: Niraj got it covered :p

I feel bad that I can't consistently check my turnip prices anymore, especially for the morning prices. ~_~

Frogstep

I'm still missing the tea set, pumpkin pie and the frozen drink machine, the rest I got from a gaffer. :)

I've had terrible luck getting Nintendo Zone stuff to work so I hope it's different this time.

Niraj

I'm still missing the tea set, pumpkin pie and the frozen drink machine, the rest I got from a gaffer. :)

I've had terrible luck getting Nintendo Zone stuff to work so I hope it's different this time.

I want to say the frozen drink machine AKA slushie machine is orderable. I'm sure somebody could hook you up, or (assuming it is orderable) I can order one for you tomorrow, worst case.

Frogstep

I want to say the frozen drink machine AKA slushie machine is orderable. I'm sure somebody could hook you up, or (assuming it is orderable) I can order one for you tomorrow, worst case.

If you or someone who has it could order that for me if it is available, that would greatly be appreciated. :D

starmud

excited to get the tea set, but damn... January .___.

was kind of hoping for at least some type of xmas item for nzone. heres hoping spotpass will deliver something of fun.

That's gonna be sad in a way. I really look forward to the new catches every month :(

Speaking of:

tumblr_mvnakofFaz1sp8elno2_500.png

Wow... I did a crapton of fishing and whatnot for the Harvest Festival tonight and only came up with the blowfish. This might be a painful month. However, grabbing fruit tonight snagged me the bag worm finally.

Wolfe

Thanks again Wiz! Woulda had more but I stopped picking them since I ran out of storage space and I'm too lazy to transfer them over to an alt lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom