• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat!

Okay guys. I think Angus is moving out on the 30th but when I answered "Ok-Go Bye Bye" which was the negative option to "You can't go!". He said we can be friends a little while longer. I need to know if I should reset my game or not because I want him gone but I can't recall if he said he's actually leaving. Any tips?

Elija2

Okay guys. I think Angus is moving out on the 30th but when I answered "Ok-Go Bye Bye" which was the negative option to "You can't go!". He said we can be friends a little while longer. I need to know if I should reset my game or not because I want him gone but I can't recall if he said he's actually leaving. Any tips?

Sometimes even if you tell a villager to go they'll still decide to stay. You should reset if you want him gone. Now that you know that he wants to move don't ever talk to him until it's moving day.

Stat!

Sometimes even if you tell a villager to go they'll still decide to stay. You should reset if you want him gone. Now that you know that he wants to move don't ever talk to him until it's moving day.

I'm not sure if I should reset. Would Angus still be up for leaving? Also, I have an awesome villager in my campsite that I want to stay. Will that be reset?

milkham

i bought in on turnips this week, but i haven't been having any luck over at reddit, people post, get through like 9 people then bail. anywhere else i should be looking? i'm glad i only filled one letter segment of the locker this time.

Elija2

My bingo number today is 28.

I'm not sure if I should reset. Would Angus still be up for leaving? Also, I have an awesome villager in my campsite that I want to stay. Will that be reset?

No, Angus is staying so if you don't reset you'll have to wait for him to want to move again which could take a long time. If you do reset your campsite villager will change though.

Stat!

My bingo number today is 28.

No, Angus is staying so if you don't reset you'll have to wait for him to want to move again which could take a long time. If you do reset your campsite villager will change though.

Right. But I think he might be leaving since he said we can be friends for a little while longer meaning until the 30th? Can I ask other villagers what they think? :(

Argh! Should I ask him?

backlot

So Kitty gave me a second Kitty's Pic today. Is there anyone here who wants it?

Also would anyone mind coming over to my town to get their fortune read? I feel like I must be close to unlocking the fortune teller shop soon.

If he said you'd be friends a little longer, that's normal cranky move out dialogue. No harm in resetting to get the date though. He'll just ping you again.

Your camper will not reset. That's saved during start up with Isabelle.

I delivered all 10 presents correctly. But I kept the bag like BPB said b/c I thought it would be cool (meaning I never talked to Jingle again).

No pic today. Am I shit out of luck?

And Merry Christmas. :)

BPB also stressed to do it on an alt since you won't be talking to Jingle afterwards. If you don't go back to redo the event, I have an extra picture of Jingle you can have. I won't be back on GAF until tomorrow at the earliest though.

Also would anyone mind coming over to my town to get their fortune read? I feel like I must be close to unlocking the fortune teller shop soon.

You only get the fortune shop for getting your own fortune read. If someone visited you, it would count toward their own shop not yours.

Elija2

Right. But I think he might be leaving since he said we can be friends for a little while longer meaning until the 30th? Can I ask other villagers what they think? :(

Argh! Should I ask him?

If you talk to other villagers and they mention that he's been thinking about moving then that means he will still be leaving. If Angus is still moving then he won't mention it for the rest of the day since you already talked to him about it.

Stat!

If he said you'd be friends a little longer, that's normal cranky move out dialogue. No harm in resetting to get the date though. He'll just ping you again.

Your camper will not reset. That's saved during start up with Isabelle.

If you talk to other villagers and they mention that he's been thinking about moving then that means he will still be leaving. If Angus is still moving then he won't mention it for the rest of the day since you already talked to him about it.

Okay. I'll talk to other villagers and see what they say. I Won't bring up Angus or anything. But I won't reset just in case Angus' prompt to leave doesnt go away. I really want kiki as my villager too.

Elija2

Okay. I'll talk to other villagers and see what they say. I Won't bring up Angus or anything. But I won't reset just in case Angus' prompt to leave doesnt go away. I really want kiki as my villager too.

BPB mentioned that if you reset Kiki will still be in your campsite, so if you're not sure you might as well reset.

Okay, I have Redd in town and he has a genuine Ancient statue for sale.

Also have number 7 for bingo.

Let's do a Niraj. :)

Snowman Bingo December 25th

Coldsnap: 1
milkham: 4
kamikazekoala: 7
Coldsnap: 10
ACES11: 11
Chanser: 14
Chanser: 16
Coldsnap: 17
Elija2: 28
ACES11: 29
Chanser: 30
Chanser: 34
milkham: 47

And Chanser, I could use your 14, 16 and 30 and I'm one bingo number short. :)

MicH

Coldsnap has 17?! I need you, Coldsnap!

Also, do you still have the new Capricorn ornament to be catalogged, Kami?

Stat!

Okay, I have Redd in town and he has a genuine Ancient statue for sale.

Also have number 7 for bingo.

Let's do a Niraj. :)

Snowman Bingo December 25th

ACES11:29

And Chanser, I could use your 14, 16 and 30 and I'm one bingo number short. :)

Added mine. I need 8 people!

Also, can I buy your ancient statue?

Added mine. I need 8 people!

Also, can I buy your ancient statue?

Okay, added it in the list. :)

Okay, after Mich comes by, I'll add you so you can come the statue. I'm not sure I have you on the FC, had to clean out a bunch.

Or if you see my town open now (Petville), then you get it right away.

Edit: you are still in my FC list, so you can come to my town. :)

Stat!

Okay, added it in the list. :)

Okay, after Mich comes by, I'll add you so you can come the statue. I'm not sure I have you on the FC, had to clean out a bunch.

Or if you see my town open now (Petville), then you get it right away.

Edit: you are still in my FC list, so you can come to my town. :)

Sorry! I hopped in the shower! Give me a bit because it'll save and I want to make sure god damn angus is leaving my god damn town!

Sorry! I hopped in the shower! Give me a bit because it'll save and I want to make sure god damn angus is leaving my god damn town!

Np, I'll wait a bit. After this, I maybe will be playing Bravely Default for a while again, unless I see other interesting bingo numbers. :)

Stat!

Np, I'll wait a bit. After this, I maybe will be playing Bravely Default for a while again, unless I see other interesting bingo numbers. :)

Poncho just said that Angus is toying with the idea of moving (after my convo with Angus and him moving this morning). Does this mean I'm good to go?

Stat!

Hmz, but you haven't reset yet? Or you have?

Because if you have reset, then yes, you are good to go.

I have not reset yet. I decided against it until I figured I could do some research in case Angus was leaving and I wouldnt get the prompt again.

Elmer said that he's also heard rumours of Angus moving.

Elija2

Here's a massive pic dump of me being an awful Santa:

WFAePKk.jpg
iUVYcwP.jpg

S7B3O0J.jpg
C3IsWHZ.jpg

ThpayBJ.jpg
RNDzQTS.jpg

vcgqpDe.jpg
SKApuDo.jpg

T7xAMUC.jpg
UPVjhX0.jpg

sfgn39h.jpg
txefZM4.jpg

93RDR95.jpg
zUDjKrH.jpg

86fXkPX.jpg
eLUITIb.jpg

Still got Jingle's pic though!

I have not reset yet. I decided against it until I figured I could do some research in case Angus was leaving and I wouldnt get the prompt again.

Not sure about that one, though. Safest would be reset.

Snowman Bingo December 25th:

milkham: 4
WheelHoss1 :4
WheelHoss: 15
ACES11: 29
WheelHoss1: 31
WheelHoss1: 37
milkham: 47

Frogstep

If he pinged you and brought up the moving conversation but then said he decided against moving, then he's not going to move away. You're going to have to reset to have him trigger the moving away conversation again.

If you started the game up with your main character then nobody else other than Angus will approach you about moving. I've experimented with this before and every time it was the same villager who wanted to move away. You should be safe to reset.

Stat!

If he pinged you and brought up the moving conversation but then said he decided against moving, then he's not going to move away. You're going to have to reset to have him trigger the moving away conversation again.

If you started the game up with your main character then nobody else other than Angus will approach you about moving. I've experimented with this before and every time it was the same villager who wanted to move away. You should be safe to reset.

Im not sure if he decided against moving or not. He said we could be friends a little while longer which apparently is a standard cranky moving out dialogue but and rumours of him moving exist in my town.

I just don't want Kiki out of the village either. I only have one main character in my town.

Elija2

Im not sure if he decided against moving or not. He said we could be friends a little while longer which apparently is a standard cranky moving out dialogue but and rumours of him moving exist in my town.

I just don't want Kiki out of the village either. I only have one main character in my town.

If other villagers are still saying he's moving out then that means he's moving out.

Got my first igloo camper today. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy they used the igloo theme from the Gamecube version again. I love that song so very much. :D

Frogstep

It's like Eli said, if your other villagers are saying he's moving out then he's moving out. It's safe to reset to make him bring up moving again, if you're worried about it and want to be sure.

No other villagers will bring up moving except Angus. Once you loaded your town up that's who your game decided was going to move.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Slow starts in my town. I haven't been there in two weeks and I pretty much cleaned up all I can do to raise money in an hour. Don't want to keep fishing forever. Putting in a new bridge, which will be super nice, but I'm looking forward to things livening up around here. At least I was able to set a night owl ordinance so stuff is still going on when I get home from work after closing the store IRL.

Edit: Also, I wish you could request a common item. I come back 2 weeks later and Tom is still selling the same old stuff? Come on, man. I thought we had a good business relationship. I need an axe to clear the way to start crafting the glorious fruit grove leading to my house.

Stat!

I'm playing charades with Kiki and I want her to move in so I have to get this right.

When this person's *the cold chill/wind emoticon*, you *resignation emotion*?. When this person's *laugh emotion*, you applause?

What am I?

Ballet dance
Pianist
Politician
Clown

I have no idea. Or I have an idea but Im like 50% sure.

Question:

I'm at 9 villagers now (still waiting for Frita :(), if someone has a villagers moving, he infects my town with the leaving villager, right? :(

If I want to give that person something without that risk, is it possible to do the gift to someone with 10 villagers and that that person with 10 villagers delivers the goods to the town of the moving villager without risk?

Zing

Banned
I completely forgot friend codes existed. Sigh. Is this game truly barren of all contact with the outside world unless you have "friends"?

I am really hoping the Wii U version is open.

Elija2

I'm playing charades with Kiki and I want her to move in so I have to get this right.

When this person's *the cold chill/wind emoticon*, you *resignation emotion*?. When this person's *laugh emotion*, you applause?

What am I?

Ballet dance
Pianist
Politician
Clown

I have no idea. Or I have an idea but Im like 50% sure.

I would say clown.

backlot

I completely forgot friend codes existed. Sigh. Is this game truly barren of all contact with the outside world unless you have "friends"?

I am really hoping the Wii U version is open.

People are dicks. It will never be totally open.

Stat!

I would say clown.

I was thinking clown too. But maybe the politician is like, when they are cold and lying, you don't care, but if they're talking, you applaud?

Anyone else have this? Googling left me no answers

People are dicks. It will never be totally open.

Agreed. I only add Gaffers for this very reason. Hearing the horror stories from places like Reddit and it scares me.

Elija2

I was thinking clown too. But maybe the politician is like, when they are cold and lying, you don't care, but if they're talking, you applaud?

Anyone else have this? Googling left me no answers

Politician doesn't really make sense since when a politician laughs you don't applaud. Also Animal Crossing is a kids game so politician sounds like a joke answer.

Stat!

Politician doesn't really make sense since when a politician laughs you don't applaud. Also Animal Crossing is a kids game so politician sounds like a joke answer.

Good point. Anyways, I chose clown and i got it! Thank you!

Hello Kiki! Goodbye Angus!

Elija2

Goddamnit, I can't make a perfect snowboy to save my life. Now dung beetles are coming out so I'm not even gonna bother to keep trying.

I have a worthy painting if anyone wants it.

Stat!

Goddamnit, I can't make a perfect snowboy to save my life. Now dung beetles are coming out so I'm not even gonna bother to keep trying.

I have a worthy painting if anyone wants it.

I would love it if possible!

I can swap with a wistful painting if you need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom