• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo: where holidays are celebrated one day early.

Thanks. I guess I'll just keep plugging along.

Most holidays in Animal Crossing are celebrated on the day itself. I believe the Toy Day event was moved to December 24th for a couple reasons:

- There are many players, like me, who spent Christmas with family and friends and had neither the time nor the inclination to play.
- They likely expected an influx of new players on Christmas Day and Toy Day requires the player to spend at least a few days gathering information from their villagers about what everyone wants for Christmas. If Toy Day was someone's first day playing Animal Crossing, they'd likely end up feeling frustrated and confused.

Roto13

zlCfzRSnfQMLhLfh2H

.... Well. Time to reset.

EDIT: Oh, I told him it looked stupid and he changed back to his vest. Awesome.

Realized when I stopped in this morning that my town is full of Christmas clothes, catchphrases, and decorations. I suppose they're all about to get a lot of mail.

Every time you change your avatar I'm like "who's this new poster? :/" then I realize :p

Every time = twice on the first of the month. Since summer. :p

And, thanks, Froggy. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah way too much.

Btw, don't know who this is limited to, but I had a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu
kadomatsu.jpg
when I started up today.

I am. Looking to grab two full sets of them. Missing a mini to complete one.

I found a mini croakoid today. It's all yours. :)

---

Oh man... so excited. I have an empty space open and Papi was camping! I'm gonna have the cutest horse villager ever!
yVfJcRH.jpg

Haven't bothered much with snowmen the past two days but I have the disembodied head of number 23 hanging around still.

Oh! and I finally received my gold shovel!
sZppDaP.jpg

Trust me, Animal Crossing. That's not the only thing that makes me... special.

Edit: Exited the game and came back to a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu as well! Yay!

Grizzo

For the life of me, I swear that I can't seem to find two snowballs in my town ! There's been only one in the last few days, no matter how many times I entered a building and got out again.

Built my fourth and final Snowtyke for the sleigh today. Finally moving onto the Snowboy series tomorrow.

For the life of me, I swear that I can't seem to find two snowballs in my town ! There's been only one in the last few days, no matter how many times I entered a building and got out again.

Entering a building only forces a new spawn if a snowball has been destroyed. Save and quit will spawn both snowballs in new locations.

Yeah way too much.

Btw, don't know who this is limited to, but I had a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu
kadomatsu.jpg
when I started up today.

Cool, can I come catalogue that? :)

Entering buildings doesn't reset them. Save and quit instead.

Built my fourth and final Snowtyke for the sleigh today. Finally moving onto the Snowboy series tomorrow.

Entering a building only forces a new spawn if a snowball has been destroyed. Save and quit will spawn both snowballs in new locations.

Not sure about that. I had snowballs lying around on places they weren't before I entered a building. Maybe there is some randomness about it?

Grizzo

Entering buildings doesn't reset them. Save and quit instead.

Ahhhh thanks, you guys. I might finally be able to catch-up on that bingo game !

Elija2

Not sure about that. I had snowballs lying around on places they weren't before I entered a building. Maybe there is some randomness about it?

Dung beetles can roll snowballs around while you're not looking and destroy them, causing them to respawn when you enter a building. That could be why it seems like snowballs are popping up in places they weren't before.

Dung beetles can roll snowballs around while you're not looking and destroy them, causing them to respawn when you enter a building. That could be why it seems like snowballs are popping up in places they weren't before.

Yeah, I know. :( Those dang dung beetles.

Edit: Niraj, it's ok for the kadomatsu. Got it from Gamefaqs. :)

Elija2

Hmm, I made an imperfect snowboy but the snowtyke still said his entire family is perfect. Maybe it's because the snowboy was only slightly off. We'll see if I get another snowman matryoshka tomorrow.

Hmm, I made an imperfect snowboy but the snowtyke still said his entire family is perfect. Maybe it's because the snowboy was only slightly off. We'll see if I get another snowman matryoshka tomorrow.
As long as they are almost perfect, it will still count as being well made.

Yup, had that too. If it's slightly, it's still okay. You really have to make them hideous. Only one I have to do, is make them all hideous except Snowtyke itself. Then I have all 4 from him. But I first gonna try all Snowboy and Snowman furniture.

Frogstep

Made my first snowboy today and that mofo came out perfect. :D

That guide that Roto posted a while back really helped. Also suzu's instructions on where the snowballs should be on your face lol.

Let me know when - don't have my town open currently.

Whenever it's convenient for you, I'm pretty much free all day today I think. :)

milkham

i keep trying to make snowmam and getting perfect snowboys instead, i hope today's doesn't send me a third snowman.

frogstep, i can open for you to get the tall croakoid,

edit:
if anyone wants to come spin my snowman slots let me know

Koomaster

Greetings AC GAF! ^___^ /
Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Opening my gates for a while for bingo.
My numbers: 14, 31, 32, 40

Follow the southern path from the town tree and you'll run into them. :)

Elija2

My dirt paths are really disappearing now. A few more days and they'll probably be completely covered in snow. Do you want us to have dirt paths or not Nintendo? Make up your mind!

Giving out 10, 16, 17 and 43.

3239-2769-8151

got a coin headress for you too, you can keep the rest but i'd like that back. i can't find my king beard!

open

i have 30 for bingo now

Today's: 37, 9, 2, 48
Need: 36 10

But if anyone wants to open I'll grab random numbers to help fill it out a bit.

Greetings AC GAF! ^___^ /
Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Opening my gates for a while for bingo.
My numbers: 14, 31, 32, 40

Follow the southern path from the town tree and you'll run into them. :)

I could all use some of your numbers. Who is available now?

@fishfish, I have 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom