• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Got 3 badges back to back just now. The silver letter badge, the gold bug encyclopedia badge and the gold villager badge.

Only took 620 hours to get that gold villager badge. And I got the last bug I needed (dung beetle) about a week ago.

milkham

accusations of mayoral corruption will not be taken lightly!

MBrjUPa.jpg

On a perfectly unrelated note, can anyone order the royal shirt for me?

Elija2

Villagers look cute in hats. I wish they'd wear them all the time.

I think it's a nice touch that the villagers in their homes will point out that they prefer celebrating New Years inside.

EDIT: Oh man, if you go to Club 101 I think K.K. plays a remix of the New Leaf main theme in between the other remixes. I don't recall ever hearing it before. It even shows an album art for it even though I don't think you can get it.

Roto13

I think it's a nice touch that the villagers in their homes will point out that they prefer celebrating New Years inside.

EDIT: Oh man, if you go to Club 101 I think K.K. plays a remix of the New Leaf main theme in between the other remixes. I don't recall ever hearing it before. It even shows an album art for it even though I don't think you can get it.

Yeah, I just heard it too, just as I walked in. Neat.

Koomaster

Little bit of a missed opportunity. They should have held the new year celebration in Club lol. Really get all the residents in there and get the joint jumping. Really wish that place was more active with residents in general.

Yeah, I just heard it too. Club LOL/101 in general is just vastly underutilized.

In an unrelated note, can I say how much I love snow in this game? It makes your grass grow back so fast! :D

Elija2

I'm too scared to drink my sparkling cider because I don't want it to run out even though that's all it's good for.

In an unrelated note, can I say how much I love snow in this game? It makes your grass grow back so fast! :D

Not if you have dirt paths! I'm pretty sure grass doesn't degrade during winter because no matter how much I run over my paths they're still getting covered in snow. I guess it's good for people like Niraj whose towns were practically deserts.

Sober

One of my villagers was actually sick today so he was indoors the entire time. He still had his hat though!

Not if you have dirt paths! I'm pretty sure grass doesn't degrade during winter because no matter how much I run over my paths they're still getting covered in snow. I guess it's good for people like Niraj whose towns were practically deserts.
Mine looked like a toxic waste site, so I'm pretty pleased. :D

Koomaster

Gonna have to decide on snow covering dirt as a good decision ultimately. You have 3 other seasons to redirt up your paths. :p

Seriously though, having lived through the hell of City Folk's desertification of my town, I am glad with how quickly snow recovers grass. It also kind of makes sense. Maybe Jan/Feb/later in the season snow won't cover dirt so quickly and people's dirt paths will reappear?

Zing

Banned
I just happened to notice the time was 11:55, and I was still awake. So I grabbed my 3DS and joined the countdown. Chugged some sparking juice and let off a party popper. It's a strange feeling. The other animals actually seem like people sometimes.

I've had the game for a week, feel it is kind of boring, but it's sucking me in, and I am logging on for at least 20 minutes a day. I've paid my house loan, set up a well project, had three new folks move into town, and the ferry to the island just arrived.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Happy New Year guys :) had a lot of fun with many of you in 2013, hope to have some more fun times in the coming year :)

Velcro Fly

Thanks Animal Crossing and the villagers of my Narnia for making me feel better. I was in a really shitty mood all evening but seeing my town excited for 2014 makes me feel ok. :)

Elija2

I was disappointed when Hans asked me to spend Countdown with him only for him to spend it indoors. He's such a hopeless romantic.

Frogstep

even today you wouldn't wear a different hat!

seriously though, the only reason I'm still playing this game is you guys.
<3

The frog gods would not be pleased if I did so. Plus I AM a frog so... :p

You guys have all been amazing. Looking forward to more AC in 2014 with all my fellow gaffers!

Been away for a few days so behind on my bingoing.

14, 31, 39, 42.

I'll take random numbers atm if anyone's on but the fastest to bingo would be 13, 17 and 27.

Anyone get a bell knickknack during NYE for trade or dupes? I got some spare hats and grapes.

hitmon

Happy New Year everyone. Strangely, all the female citizens except for Isabelle stayed indoors in my game. All the male citizens partook in the event outside.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Went to the island and went all Darwin and shit. Loaded up my museum and somehow also accidentally got 100,000 bells from selling dupes. I think I like the island. Diving sucks tho, for real.

Robin64

Pete is delivering a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu to European players today.

Mom sent a letter containing 10,000 bells.

The post office is giving away a sunrise lamp.

And Isabelle is handing out a zodiac horse.

Good day!

Linius

So, I have one extra tweeter. Does anyone have the sparkling cider to trade for that?

Also looking for these two bingo items: Bobsled and Ski-Slope Wall. I have the Slalom to trade for it from the same set.

And still looking for the Ancient Statue to complete my art wing.

Oh and last but not least to complete some sets: cabana wall, golden chair, golden clock and golden man.

Pete is delivering a letter from Nintendo with a kadomatsu to European players today.

Mom sent a letter containing 10,000 bells.

The post office is giving away a sunrise lamp.

And Isabelle is handing out a zodiac horse.

Good day!
My mother sent me a Dracaena instead. :(

Spree

Some things I noticed:
1) If you save and quit, then go back in, the villagers who were at home come out and vice versa. I got to take pictures with my favs in their cute little hats :3
2) Fireworks are apparently the same color as the hats Redd sells in your town.
3) If you talk to Isabelle enough times (it's random), she shouts "Long Live [town name] !!". Then she apologizes for shouting lol :p
4) I realized that the Resetti Center thing had nothing to do with New Year's. It was just a coincidence XP (still not gonna spoil)

I had to TT a bit cuz I wasn't at my town at midnight, but it didn't count cuz I saved at like 10pm Dec 31st, then came back at "11pm the same day", turnips still alive and everything.

PS: If anyone wants to catalog them, I have a few extra hats of all four colors... and the German, Spanish, American, and European items (only one of each, though). Still need to cat Korean and Japanese items; maybe later.

EDIT
Oh and last but not least to complete some sets: cabana wall, golden chair, golden clock and golden man.

I have an extra Golden Clock. Got any extra golden items?

Linius

Some things I noticed:
1) If you save and quit, then go back in, the villagers who were at home come out and vice versa. I got to take pictures with my favs in their cute little hats :3
2) Fireworks are apparently the same color as the hats Redd sells in your town.
3) If you talk to Isabelle enough times (it's random), she shouts "Long Live [town name] !!". Then she apologizes for shouting lol :p
4) I realized that the Resetti Center thing had nothing to do with New Year's. It was just a coincidence XP (still not gonna spoil)

I had to TT a bit cuz I wasn't at my town at midnight, but it didn't count cuz I saved at like 10pm Dec 31st, then came back at "11pm the same day", turnips still alive and everything.

PS: If anyone wants to catalog them, I have a few extra hats of all four colors... and the German, Spanish, American, and European items (only one of each, though). Still need to cat Korean and Japanese items; maybe later.

Do you have extra green and yellow hats I could trade/buy from you maybe?

And the Resetti thing is something well known, you won't be spoiling anything. Quite a few us already got his pic too. After a snowy or rainy day it open up the next day after 8pm.

EDIT

I have the golden table, carpet and wall to trade for it.

Spree

Do you have extra green and yellow hats I could trade/buy from you maybe?

And the Resetti thing is something well known, you won't be spoiling anything. Quite a few us already got his pic too. After a snowy or rainy day it open up the next day after 8pm.

'Doh! ...and I was so excited lol XD

You can have them for free. I got them specifically in case someone missed out :) ...Added your FC, mine's in my profile.

EDIT
I have the golden table, carpet and wall to trade for it.

Any of those will do (I only have chair lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom