• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Pears on premium today. We have another storm rolling in and I have tentative plans this afternoon but I'll do my best to accommodate if anyone wants to sell.

And what kind of things do I have to buy to get the Catalog Maniac badges? Only furniture or also clothes and accesories, even of the opposite gender?

Everything. This catalog site is a great resource since it gives percentages. The categories listed below Gyroids won't count towards your badge.

It's not the most insane of the badges but it's still a frustrating one unless you can find some help. I hit a brick wall weeks ago trying to get my badge. But Katt's right about asking here: I've always liked helping others get to their 80%.

So you need 1017 unique items for the gold badge, eh? Let's do this!

You need to catalog at least 80% of furniture, wallpaper, carpets, shirts, bottoms, dresses, hats, accessories, shoes and socks, umbrellas, paper, music, and gyroids.

That's...a bit more than 1017 items. ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got it today, my dude is hideous. How do I change his looks??
HIs face? That's based on the answers you gave at the beginning so you'd have to wipe your file and start again. If it's the hair that you don't like then you'll have to unlock the hair dressers.

Robin64

You need to catalog at least 80% of furniture, wallpaper, carpets, shirts, bottoms, dresses, hats, accessories, shoes and socks, umbrellas, paper, music, and gyroids.

That's...a bit more than 1017 items. ;)

The site was misleading! I ticked some furniture, hit the button to look at my total and it listed 1271 items. But really, it just meant there are 1271 furniture items! Ouch!

No grand total feature? :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
HIs face? That's based on the answers you gave at the beginning so you'd have to wipe your file and start again. If it's the hair that you don't like then you'll have to unlock the hair dressers.

Damn :(

The site was misleading! I ticked some furniture, hit the button to look at my total and it listed 1271 items. But really, it just meant there are 1271 furniture items! Ouch!

Add your percentages together then divide to get the total average.

MicH

Perfect Pears on premium today. We have another storm rolling in and I have tentative plans this afternoon but I'll do my best to accommodate if anyone wants to sell.

Everything. This catalog site is a great resource since it gives percentages. The categories listed below Gyroids won't count towards your badge.

It's not the most insane of the badges but it's still a frustrating one unless you can find some help. I hit a brick wall weeks ago trying to get my badge. But Katt's right about asking here: I've always liked helping others get to their 80%.
Is there a way to see your overall catalog percentage?

EDIT: Just saw the response above. Whoops!

Robin64

So the proper totals are...

Furniture - 1271
Wallpaper - 124
Carpet - 118
Shirts - 451
Trousers and Skirts - 121
Dresses - 97
Hats - 209
Accessories - 58
Shoes and Socks - 97
Umbrellas - 36
Paper - 64
Songs - 91
Gyroids - 131

Which is 2868 total items! 2295 for the gold badge!

/faints

Sure. :)

Furniture: 1271
Wallpaper: 124
Floors: 118
Tops: 451
Bottoms: 121
Dresses: 97
Hats: 208
Accessoires: 59
Shoes: 61
Socks: 36
Umbrella's: 36
Paper: 60 (not counting non orderable ones (4))
Gyroids: 131
Music: 91

Total: 2864 (or 2868 with that 5 I'm not sure about)

Not sure if counts catalogue:

Fossils: didn't count them
Art: 33

Edit: Robin you counted a hat and an accessory too many.

Chopper

Great site! Think I'll plug in everything I have tonight. Might take a while (but also might not, given I only just got the 20% badge recently).

So you need 1017 unique items for the gold badge, eh? Let's do this!
If you have a smart phone, there is a fantastic app that allows you to track your progress. Far more convenient than the site if you're out and about a bit. I've used it religiously since it was released, and it's very nearly full now!

21 or 26 for bingo still...

5, 17, 48, 50.
I would like to visit your snowmen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Rolled a massive snowball and accidentally pushed it into the river :(

Also..Cherries are my native fruit, I have a perfect one too, dunno what to do with them

Chopper

So does is the 80% requirement based ion the base number of items in the game or does it increase with each bit of DLC?
It includes all the DLC.

Here's a link to the Android version of the app. I am a huge advocate for this app and recommend anyone just starting out, who is looking to fill their catalogue, to download it immediately.

Nah, my numbers came from that website linked, which I just doubled checked.

I see the mistake. The website takes the Birthday Shades as a hat, but it is a accessoire, really. That why there is a difference between your and my list, but we have the same total. :)

Edit: just looked in the game and the Birthday Shades are registrated as a hat, how dull. You can't wear 2 hats at a time, but those you can. What an oversight of Nintendo... :(

So does is the 80% requirement based ion the base number of items in the game or does it increase with each bit of DLC?

I would think with the DLC. But we'll never know for sure, cause there isn't 20% of DLC in the game. :p

Oxx

I'm thinking of getting into the Perfect Fruit game.

Can I just store them in lockers indefinitely until I want to sell?

Will new villagers destroy my trees?

I'm thinking of getting into the Perfect Fruit game.

Can I just store them in lockers indefinitely until I want to sell?

Will new villagers destroy my trees?
Yes, as long you have room in your locker. You can also store them in lockers, museum floors or just on the floor in your town (but that affect's your perfect town rating).

Yes, they don't care about your trees or other stuff when they are moving in.

Robin64

If you have a smart phone, there is a fantastic app that allows you to track your progress. Far more convenient than the site if you're out and about a bit. I've used it religiously since it was released, and it's very nearly full now!

Couldn't find it on iOS, but I did spot this little gem.

mmJSSqC.png

Oxx

Yes, as long you have room in your locker. You can also store them in lockers, museum floors or just on the floor in your town (but that affect's your perfect town rating).

Yes, they don't care about your trees or other stuff when they are moving in.

Thanks. I've made 2 separate, neat little plantations. I just need to prevent anyone from leaving/arriving until I get a couple of good harvests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom