• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry! :p I was in no position to be giving away art in the first place XP

In other news: Please everyone give me all your extra paintings and sculptures kthxbye

Can you open real quick for your numbers, please? I have a nice and solemn painting laying around for you.

Are you otherwise available in a couple of hours, because I think I have to leave now.

And I have Perfect Apples at Retail today (native is Peach)

Spree

Okay, on my way.

And after that, I'm leaving for a couple of hours, but after that you can ditch your apples in my town. :)

Thanks so much for the paintings!!! n.n

Sorry to end sesh so soon. I was playing around with my router just now and was afraid it would disconnect.

Bingo #'s - 18, 22, 47

Getting a bunch of duplicate fossils & items from balloons and the trees....

In other news, going to pay for the Dream Center to be built & Nook is upgrading finally.

Lastly can you catch the horseshoe crab & giant spider crab at the island? Just those two to complete the deep sea encyclopedia.

Got Katrina in town and I was hoping people could come when she opens the next hour to inch closer to 20 readings......you can have some pears for your trouble. Also Re-tail has mangos & ores for items of the day.

My gate is open and will be open for the next 3 hours.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want to get rid of duplicate dog lamps from balloons I'll happily take them off your hands.

Got Katrina in town and I was hoping people could come when she opens the next hour to inch closer to 20 readings......you can have some pears for your trouble.

The person receiving the reading is the one who gets credit for the shop. Not the town host. So if I was still waiting for the PWP and I visited your town, my reading would count toward my own shop not yours. If you want to speed up the process, using alts works.

Unless I misread this and you're looking to up your visitor count instead.

Linius

That 20 visits thing must be BS right? I visited her so many times since release both in my town and other towns even with my alt and I still don't have her PWP. It's getting bloody annoying by now.

Spree

Got Katrina in town and I was hoping people could come when she opens the next hour to inch closer to 20 readings......you can have some pears for your trouble.

I'm free right now :)

If you want to get rid of duplicate dog lamps from balloons I'll happily take them off your hands.

I got an extra balloon dog lamp. You're welcome to have it, after I go visit wildthing. Meet at my town or yours?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm free right now :)

I got an extra balloon dog lamp. You're welcome to have it, after I go visit wildthing. Meet at my town or yours?
If you could drop it off at mine that would be useful. A bit tied up doing other things at the moment so all I can do is leave my gate open.

Spree

That 20 visits thing must be BS right? I visited her so many times since release both in my town and other towns even with my alt and I still don't have her PWP. It's getting bloody annoying by now.

EDIT: Only the host will gain +1.

The following count towards your 20 visits:
1- You visit Katrina in your town.
2- Your alt visits her in your town.
3- Someone comes to your town and visits.

Right now I'm going over to wildthing's town to visit his Katrina tent, and it will count towards his 20 visits.

EDIT: See below + link.

The person receiving the reading is the one who gets credit for the shop. Not the town host. So if I was still waiting for the PWP and I visited your town, my reading would count toward my own shop not yours. If you want to speed up the process, using alts works.

Unless I misread this and you're looking to up your visitor count instead.

Dang it. Could use some guest anyways.

Spree

Oh my god, you guys. I was visiting wildthing for like the past 10 minutes and no resetti errors! I love you ISP phone lady!!! :D

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bingo #'s - 18, 22, 47

Getting a bunch of duplicate fossils & items from balloons and the trees....

In other news, going to pay for the Dream Center to be built & Nook is upgrading finally.

Lastly can you catch the horseshoe crab & giant spider crab at the island? Just those two to complete the deep sea encyclopedia.

Got Katrina in town and I was hoping people could come when she opens the next hour to inch closer to 20 readings......you can have some pears for your trouble. Also Re-tail has mangos & ores for items of the day.

My gate is open and will be open for the next 3 hours.

I need 22, my number today is 10

Spree

Q: I got a mannequin with my alt today. Is there any way I can give it to my main character?

Internet says no, but I wanna make sure cuz AC GAF seems to know better :p

One of the paintings was fake btw :p

Still really really really reeeeally grateful for the real one!! Thanks, kami! :)

Wait, you need art? I've been pestering my silly unicorn for weeks trying to finish my exhibit but he mostly gives me duplicates or talks about dancing.

I have these legit paintings if you want them: fine, flowery, common, scary, and jolly.

The Internet is correct. You can't set them down, sell them, mail them, or destroy them in anyway. If a nuclear bomb hit your town, those mannequins would be the only thing still standing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Q: I got a mannequin with my alt today. Is there any way I can give it to my main character?

Nope. Mannequins can't be dropped outside the home or placed in envelopes. So a maximum of four is available for each resident.

Spree

I have these legit paintings if you want them: fine, flowery, common, scary, and jolly.

I'll take 'em all :D
...Your villager gives you art?

The Internet is correct. You can't set them down, sell them, mail them, or destroy them in anyway. If a nuclear bomb hit your town, those mannequins would be the only thing still standing.
Nope. Mannequins can't be dropped outside the home or placed in envelopes. So a maximum of four is available for each resident.
Definitely not.

Thanks for answering. I guess I'll keep it with the alt, for outfit storage.

Zing

Banned
I'm not using any guides or otherwise spoiling/cheating myself as this is my first Animal Crossing game, but I do keep up on this thread because you folks are so entertaining. I have no idea what most of your chatter is about, but that's how I like it.

I made an ugly snowman last night. He whined that his head was too small. Today, he is gone. Do deformed snowmen disappear like that? I had placed him very close to my snowlady, so I thought maybe he was overlapping her too much. Today, I remade a perfect snowman, though.

I haven't found any "perfect fruit" yet. I only know about it because, before I bought the game, I watched a few minutes of a lets play, and the guy found a perfect apple in his initial apple trees right at the start of the game! I do have oranges growing. The garden shop just opened up, so maybe it will provide some new fruit someday. I did find some tropical fruit on the island, but I didn't bother planting it. I assumed it wouldn't grow in my snow.

I will probably head back to the island later today. I spent an hour at it the last time, so I need to set aside enough time to explore everything when I go.

Do you always start at your home when you load your game? In other words, if I save/quit on the island, I don't restart there, I assume.

Robin64

One thing I'd love to see for the next iteration is the colored text of items changing when you own.

So I go to the shop, or talk to someone or whatever, and get dialog about a modern bed. The words modern bed are in blue right now. Well I think it would be ridiculously helpful if, once you had cataloged something, that text would always be orange when talked about.

Or red when you don't own it, blue when you do. Whatever! Doesn't really matter, but some easy ingame indicator.

Robin64

I did find some tropical fruit on the island, but I didn't bother planting it. I assumed it wouldn't grow in my snow.

Fruit from the island will grow in your snow, aside from bananas and coconuts, which need to be planted on the beach.

I'm not using any guides or otherwise spoiling/cheating myself as this is my first Animal Crossing game, but I do keep up on this thread because you folks are so entertaining. I have no idea what most of your chatter is about, but that's how I like it.

I made an ugly snowman last night. He whined that his head was too small. Today, he is gone. Do deformed snowmen disappear like that? I had placed him very close to my snowlady, so I thought maybe he was overlapping her too much. Today, I remade a perfect snowman, though.

I haven't found any "perfect fruit" yet. I only know about it because, before I bought the game, I watched a few minutes of a lets play, and the guy found a perfect apple in his initial apple trees right at the start of the game! I do have oranges growing. The garden shop just opened up, so maybe it will provide some new fruit someday. I did find some tropical fruit on the island, but I didn't bother planting it. I assumed it wouldn't grow in my snow.

I will probably head back to the island later today. I spent an hour at it the last time, so I need to set aside enough time to explore everything when I go.

Do you always start at your home when you load your game? In other words, if I save/quit on the island, I don't restart there, I assume.

Snowpeople stick around for 4 days regardless of how ugly they are. :) They do occasionally disappear if, like you said, they're built too close to something.

Everyone gets one perfect fruit to start the game. If your native fruit is oranges, I could give you another perfect one if you'd accept the help. Another perfect fruit can appear randomly but it's incredibly rare. Your villagers will occasionally give you a piece of foreign fruit that you can plant. You can also get it from other towns.

The island fruit can be planted in your town: coconuts and bananas grow on the beach and everything else grows anywhere around town. Snow doesn't affect stuff like trees and flowers in-game.

You're correct that you always start the game coming out of your house. You'd find that you can't actually save or quit from the island.

And don't worry about it. I don't think we always know what our chatter is about either but you're certainly welcome to join us anytime. :) Same goes if you'd like to visit other towns, receive visitors, or need some kind of help.

Spree

KARMA!
:p

I would like to come and take his arts. If there's someone else here that needs art THEY CAN GO TO HELL BECAUSE I'M NOT GONNA BE NICE ANY MORE!

XD

omg I broke fishfishmonkeyhat

Do trees reset each day?

and made an inperfect snowmama :(

No. Fruit takes 3 days to reappear after being picked. Trees take 4 days to fully grow and bear fruit.

today's bingo number is 22, retail bonus on... umbrellas and there's a royal crown on sale if anyone wants it.

Just let me get the money out...

One thing I'd love to see for the next iteration is the colored text of items changing when you own.

Yes, that'd be really helpful. Just like the icon beside a wild Pokemon. Y U No do this EAD2?

Robin64

you come out of your house on every load.

lol

3sMFAki.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom