• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spree

He seems to do a lot of that.

This just in
r5hqGet.jpg

Hide yo kids

Sniff, sniff, I just got the gold catalog badge.

Pretty sure my clothing collection is lacklustre, but whatever.

Still missing the 500 hour badge though... I've played for 900 hours, man!

Velcro Fly

I'm pretty sure I just had a bingo card where the next number I got gave me bingo. I seriously needed one more about 6 different ways.

Does Brewster not always give a piece of furniture after getting all of the customers orders perfect? Today I got the superb coffee beans but no furniture and I know I got all of the orders right because I followed a guide.

Also, when can I get the Club Tortimer card? I've been playing for a few months now and never see it for sale and I make sure to go to that island once a day to check.

Garryk

So I just got this game for Christmas and am slowly figuring things out. So what is the state of ACGAF after a little over half a year since launch? Is there still fun to be had for newbies? Seems like it will take me quite a while to get my town/shops built up.

Q: Do I have to buy something from the Nookling store to have something different show up the next day. They have had the fishing rod and shovel every day. I'm waiting for the net or slingshot to pop up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does Brewster not always give a piece of furniture after getting all of the customers orders perfect? Today I got the superb coffee beans but no furniture and I know I got all of the orders right because I followed a guide.

Also, when can I get the Club Tortimer card? I've been playing for a few months now and never see it for sale and I make sure to go to that island once a day to check.

Basically each part of an order you get right counts as a point, so you can get 3 points per order, and you get items when you get x amount of points. I think it starts off as every 16 points, but after the...coffee grinder it's every 32 points.

Club Tortimer card is random. It looks like a piece of paper. You might just be having bad luck.

So I just got this game for Christmas and am slowly figuring things out. So what is the state of ACGAF after a little over half a year since launch? Is there still fun to be had for newbies? Seems like it will take me quite a while to get my town/shops built up.

Q: Do I have to buy something from the Nookling store to have something different show up the next day. They have had the fishing rod and shovel every day. I'm waiting for the net or slingshot to pop up.

You missed the great bingo craze of December, which brought a flurry of activity. For the most part the denizens of the thread have been relegated to a select few regulars with some new people strewn throughout. It's certainly much less populous than it was in the summer.

No, you don't. Slingshot won't show up til the first store upgrade though. If you didn't already do so for your fishing pole, you can talk to Isabelle in town hall and do a few tasks for her to get a bug net.

milkham

club tortimer is random? i feel like its the only item that has been for sale constantly on my island, i swear its there every time

Haha, I feel like an idiot now. I've had it all along almost every day but I ignored it because I thought it was just a tropical themed pad of paper to send letters with.

Thanks for the offer though, Chopper.

Niraj

I still have not been to Club T. Or played more than one island mini game. *chuckles* I'm such a slacker.

There's so much fun to be had though. One of my favorites was a Japanese guy who dumped his clothes and insisted I take them, then put on his Mii mask and proceeded to type (in all caps, one word at a time): "Look at my face! Look at me! I'm hideous! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Then he ran around for a bit, did a sad emote, and left.

Haha, I feel like an idiot now. I've had it all along almost every day but I ignored it because I thought it was just a tropical themed pad of paper to send letters with.

Thanks for the offer though, Chopper.

Thought you might've overlooked it (you're definitely not the first) but didn't want to presume :)

Last time I was island hopping, a Japanese girl in a pacifier and baby bonnet kept shouting "ENGLISH ENGLISH" at me despite speaking nothing but English to her. I haven't been back since.

Though come to think of it, it was probably just some weird 20-something dude from the midwest.

MicH

Last time I was island hopping, a Japanese girl in a pacifier and baby bonnet kept shouting "ENGLISH ENGLISH" at me despite speaking nothing but English to her. I haven't been back since.

Though come to think of it, it was probably just some weird 20-something dude from the midwest.
This is why I love Club Tortimer

milkham

There's so much fun to be had though. One of my favorites was a Japanese guy who dumped his clothes and insisted I take them, then put on his Mii mask and proceeded to type (in all caps, one word at a time): "Look at my face! Look at me! I'm hideous! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Then he ran around for a bit, did a sad emote, and left.

this sounds amazing. every time i go to the international island its someone from florida and we don't say a word to each other.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember someone trying to rob me on the international island by not letting me leave the island. One flick of the wifi switch later…

Haven't really bothered with island hopping ever since Chopper kindly traded me a bottled ship.

Niraj

you-got-me.gif.pagespeed.ce.3Js93aSyiJ.gif

I remember someone trying to rob me on the international island by not letting me leave the island. One flick of the wifi switch later…

Haven't really bothered with island hopping ever since Chopper kindly traded me a bottled ship.

I had somebody do this, but without saying anything. Just was in their menu or bf list and wouldn't stop. I tried to circumvent it by starting a tour and leaving...but that just brought Resetti into play. Oh well, desired result and all.

Chopper

I've had 3 different people give me a million bells for dancing. I didn't even ask. God bless language barriers.

Still need a Treasure Chest. Let me know if you see one.

Spree

I love Island hopping. I've met some nice people, and it's fun playing the games with players from around the world.

PS: If anyone ever wants to go island gaming, count me in :)

Welcome to the thread!

Don't worry about anyone else, just enjoy your game. I was also lttp, but it didn't matter. This is my first AC game and i'm lovin' it :)

I know this might be a stretch but does anyone have a Gracie clock they'd be willing to sell me? Out of my last minute summer madness, I forgot to get it. I'm remodeling my house and while I'm really happy with my kitchen as is... I feel like there's a little piece missing but it not being there. :/

I'd be willing to do some island gaming too once I figure out who my tenth villager is. I'm still holding out hope for Erik. :|

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I have you added, but it doesn't seem to be mutual yet. Did you add me?

Edit: Ran out of time for the moment, stepping out for a half hour or so. Sorry for your trouble!

added now

ill put ds in sleep mode so you should be able to still join

I know this might be a stretch but does anyone have a Gracie clock they'd be willing to sell me? Out of my last minute summer madness, I forgot to get it. I'm remodeling my house and while I'm really happy with my kitchen as is... I feel like there's a little piece missing but it not being there. :/

Sure. Mine's been sitting in storage since I picked it up so you're welcome to it. I've been at ten villagers for awhile but I can hold on to it until you're ready to go online again. :)

Sure. Mine's been sitting in storage since I picked it up so you're welcome to it. I've been at ten villagers for awhile but I can hold on to it until you're ready to go online again. :)

Sweet!!! I'll let you know when I'm ready to visit again. Just let me know whatcha want. I'll even buy you a replacement next summer cause I'm not fooling anyone. I'll still be here.

Fucking scorpion.

Frogstep

Sorry about that Eli. If you're still around I can drop by and grab that from you. :)

Also, Katt if you're still open I'd like to unload some oranges at your Re-Tail.

Elija2

Was Reggie's Spotpass Home updated? He showed up in my Showcase again and it says his house was updated December 30th. It doesn't really look different (still got dem Reggie bedsheets) so I'm guessing they just sent it out again.

edit: I"ll be open.

I'll head over and drop off the caterpillar sofa then.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I hate meetings with the villagers. Even though you set the time to meet, 4/5 times I miss them. I can't go around treating game characters like real people with appointments like this, so then they bitch me out and I'm like "sorry yo, you're a game and I can't drop in to adjust plans when a friend IRL wants to do shit or I'm tired from my job IRL and want to take a nap"

Animekatt

Sorry about that Eli. If you're still around I can drop by and grab that from you. :)

Also, Katt if you're still open I'd like to unload some oranges at your Re-Tail.

>.< Sorry I missed you. But I think re-tail closed at the time of your posting anyway. ; ;

Lots of construction today - Nook upgrade, Kicks, 10th neighbor, police station, & basement expansion. Dream Suite was opened today.

15, 24, 33 are the bingo #'s for today

If anyone needs some fruit I just harvested a bunch so I have some of almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom