• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekere

Guys, my tree has shrunk! :( It was a big, beautiful tree until recently but now it's only a 3 parts tree, almost a beginner tree. What happened? I played as usual, the only noticeable event was Cube moving (and me forgetting to cut streetpass, so I have once again an unwanter villager.. graaah...).

Guys, my tree has shrunk! :( It was a big, beautiful tree until recently but now it's only a 3 parts tree, almost a beginner tree. What happened? I played as usual, the only noticeable event was Cube moving (and me forgetting to cut streetpass, so I have once again an unwanter villager.. graaah...).
I think that happens when it transitions to fall (note the extra orange colour of the ground and trees.) My tree's the same way; started November 1st, when the colours shifted again.

Mekere

It doesn't make any sense :/ Give me back my tree! And in the category unwanted villager, I will call: Truffle.

95px-Truffles_NewLeaf_Official.png

Totally forgot to cut streetpass and the day Nook set up the house limits I had Tabby in my camping plot. :(

Can't decode which train station remodel to pick. I'll be leaving heavily into modern design elsewhere, but the modern station is a bit boring. Not sure how badly the zen would clash with the rest of the town though

Chopper

Can't decode which train station remodel to pick. I'll be leaving heavily into modern design elsewhere, but the modern station is a bit boring. Not sure how badly the zen would clash with the rest of the town though
I went with Zen, cos it matches my town hall.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Bah! Just had a character move out and there was no way to stop them. Got a heads up a few days ago and no matter how many times I spoke to them, they never raised the issue of them moving out. I tried and tried as well.

Come today and they are all packed and told me they couldn't find a way to let me know they were moving. I hate that!!!

Next time that happens, what you should do is save and quit and immediately walk over to the villager in question until they ping. I'm not sure whether they ever initially bring it up in normal conversation.

14; you're a trooper! Thanks a million man, that's fantastic! :D Super, super appreciate it!

Thanks to you, Koomaster, bluepolicebox, Wolfe and everyone else who helped grind my visit count high. Station's getting remodeled today!

No problem :)

Next time that happens, what you should do is save and quit and immediately walk over to the villager in question until they ping. I'm not sure whether they ever initially bring it up in normal conversation.

Only once they've pinged and you've agreed to let them move. Then they'll give you one chance per day to change their mind until the day they're packed.

Ask for help if you aren't sure, guys. :(

Koomaster

Katrina said bad fortunes were coming my way; but that she prepared a special hat that could fix everything... for only 10,000 bells.

tumblr_mvqwe4hWNk1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mvqw5ka4RY1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I feel like... I got ripped off. This looks like something Guinan from ST:TNG would wear. <___<;;;

I never hated diving till the new stuff this month. Last night I tried it out. Six pain in the ass spiny lobsters. No crabs. Did manage to find a sea cucumber. Oddly found a sweet shrimp I didn't have yet. Found ingredients for harvest festival plus one Pascal. Even managed to get my silver diving badge. But ugh. It's seriously going to make me have to play every night till I get them at this point because I can't count on getting them last minute.

Taking a gamble this week and bought double nips. I've readied the ivemadeahugemistake.gif in case it goes terribly wrong.

I feel like... I got ripped off. This looks like something Guinan from ST:TNG would wear. <___<;;;

Shut your whore mouth! That cap is amazing and looks great with your 'stache.

Koomaster

Shut your whore mouth! That cap is amazing and looks great with your 'stache.
Haha, yeah I will wear it for a few days to stave off any bad luck. I still like my hair to flow free though.

Did you want me to order you one?
Edit: Geez, they are only 240 bells to order in my catalog?!
Katrina just charged like a 4000% mark-up!
If only I could get in on the ground floor of this pyramid scheme and sell marked-up hats to my neighbors.

Haha, yeah I will wear it for a few days to stave off any bad luck. I still like my hair to flow free though.

Did you want me to order you one?
Edit: Geez, they are only 240 bells to order in my catalog?!
Katrina just charged like a 4000% mark-up!
If only I could get in on the ground floor of this pyramid scheme and sell marked-up hats to my neighbors.

Bwahaha! Woooow. That deal had more fleece than a flock of sheep in Scotland.

And sure! I'll take one. It might look good with my bathrobe...

Chopper

After today's encounters with Sahara, I have:

Western Vista
Classroom Wall
Mortar Wall

Autumn Floor
Chessboard Rug
Sci-fi Floor
Ancient Tile
Office Flooring
Closed Road
Daisy Meadow

I need:

Tatami

Autumn Wall
Basement Wall
Music-room Wall

Can anyone help?

Niraj

I never hated diving till the new stuff this month. Last night I tried it out. Six pain in the ass spiny lobsters. No crabs. Did manage to find a sea cucumber. Oddly found a sweet shrimp I didn't have yet. Found ingredients for harvest festival plus one Pascal. Even managed to get my silver diving badge. But ugh. It's seriously going to make me have to play every night till I get them at this point because I can't count on getting them last minute.

Diving blows. It seemed like the snow crab was the toughest one to get. The horsehair and red king were oddly common.

On another note, have Redd again. Only legit thing is a wild painting. I'm not going to be wi-fi available most of the day, so I'm just going to order it to be safe. If anybody wants it, let me know.

Koomaster

On another note, have Redd again. Only legit thing is a wild painting. I'm not going to be wi-fi available most of the day, so I'm just going to order it to be safe. If anybody wants it, let me know.
I would like that one.

If you need any of these, I have these legit pieces of art I can give you...

Quaint Painting
Graceful Painting
Calm Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Ancient Statue

Niraj

I would like that one.

Quaint Painting
Graceful Painting
Calm Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Ancient Statue

All yours. I have all those pieces of art, but thanks for offering :) Just remind me tomorrow and I'll add you and get it over to you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally cleared my land of lazily dumped items. Maybe now I can finally reach for Perfect Town.

EDIT: May sound like an odd request but does he have a fake Gallant Statue?

I would like that one.

Quaint Painting
Graceful Painting
Calm Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Ancient Statue

How much do you want for:
Calm Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Ancient Statue
?

Side note: I have spares of common, great statue, and quaint.

Redd doesn't open in my town for another half hour but I'll let you know if it's in there.

Niraj

Finally cleared my land of lazily dumped items. Maybe now I can finally reach for Perfect Town.

Afraid not. Only statue was a fake beautiful statue.

Koomaster

All yours. I have all those pieces of art, but thanks for offering :) Just remind me tomorrow and I'll add you and get it over to you.
Yay! Thank you! I think we already have each other added unless you deleted me. *cries if so* :p

How much do you want for:
Calm Painting
Fine Painting
Jolly Painting
Ancient Statue
?

Side note: I have spares of common, great statue, and quaint.
I need the common painting and the great statue. So I will trade you those 4 you need for the 2 I need. Plus I ordered you the celebration hat, you are making out like a bandit. :p

Wolfe

Don't forget, that's how you get the mushroom furniture too.

Yeah that's the point, I wasn't getting mushroom spawns on trees cause I had over 30 shrooms placed around town. Wanted to store them for now so I could get new spawns :)

Although none of the five new ones I found were furniture anyway lol.

Btw Niraj the snow crab was the first dive of November for me, just sayin :p

I might have that music wall Chopper, I'll let you know in a bit.

Niraj

Yay! Thank you! I think we already have each other added unless you deleted me. *cries if so* :p

I need the common painting and the great statue. So I will trade you those 4 you need for the 2 I need. Plus I ordered you the celebration hat, you are making out like a bandit. :p

If we did, it's quite possible I did :( I'll have to check later. If your 3ds name is the same as on GAF (or your status message had it) you're probably still on there, though honestly I don't remember ever adding you. Which probably makes me sound awful. I should stop talking.

Btw Niraj the snow crab was the first dive of November for me, just sayin :p

Eh no big deal. Btw I sold that tuna I caught in your town and didn't feel bad about it.

Public Works Projects don't disappear off the list if you don't take them up right away do they? I finally got the Cafe on there, but I took up the Police Station first cause it's cheaper. :/

Also, does New Leaf have any mean villagers like the one on Gamecube? I've been waiting for a token village grouch. Yet to encounter one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Public Works Projects don't disappear off the list if you don't take them up right away do they? I finally got the Cafe on there, but I took up the Police Station first cause it's cheaper. :/

Also, does New Leaf have any mean villagers like the one on Gamecube? I've been waiting for a token village grouch. Yet to encounter one.
Nope. I've had them on my list for ages because I haven't planned a suitable place for them yet.

Linius

Meh, got two minutes late for Emporium apparently. Had no idea it was closing so early after months and months of TIY. So no piece of Harvest furniture for me today. No fertiliser either.

I did have Redd though, but of course he didn't bring his statues. Time to list the art I still need to see if anyone got any of that:

- Good Painting
- Wild Painting
- Ancient Statue
- Beautiful Sculpture

Later I'm gonna find my mush piece of today, I like that set in combinations with autumn themed items.

Gonna watch Boardwalk now, can I come by your town later tonight Niraj to pick up that Sushi Platter?

Koomaster

If we did, it's quite possible I did :( I'll have to check later. If your 3ds name is the same as on GAF (or your status message had it) you're probably still on there, though honestly I don't remember ever adding you. Which probably makes me sound awful. I should stop talking.
I checked and you were right, we have yet to add each other. :O

I added the FC in your profile.
My FC: 0903-3656-0179

Philia

I was wondering how I already have the Harvest set completed, but then I remembered that Philia gave me the whole set for visiting her town a while back. :)

Is she still deep in GTAV? I haven't seen her around here since it launched.

She got sick of us. :(

I'm assuming that she's still been playing AC each day but just hasn't been active on here. I mean, she had like a thousand hours put into the game so I doubt that she completely quit due to GTA. Although her card on my friend list doesn't say the last time she was online so who knows. She could have just deleted me but I have no way of knowing because Nintendo killed Swapnote.

Not sure if she's still GTA'ing, it's possible. I'm sure she still keeps up with her town, given how much time and effort she has put into it. Definitely would like to see her stop by again. :<

LMAO you guys. <333333 :3

Well its like this. I had a subscription service that rents out games. And there were a few that I wanted to play so badly but didn't have the time inbetween GTA and ACNL. And when I realized...

You just simply do not need to play the game daily to keep up with it. You just have to change the 3DS clock and go back to it at your own convenience. Yes, its time travel but I can trust that I won't lose anyone since it only passed a day ingame when I fix the clock to set it back to the day I've last played. Upon this realization, I can actually set it down and not fuss with it while I can concentrate on my other games. Funny thing that... ACNL has such a polarizing push/pull to it.

I have a backloggery account if anyone likes to follow me on whatever games I'm playing. :) I'm playing 3 of them at the moment as Samurai_Heart had discovered. :3

Linius

I know the feel. I have Bioshock Infinite and Mario Dream Team Bros. waiting for me, still sealed as I bought them. Then I also like some GTA Online with friends. And I need to beat the Elite Four in Pokémon, at the entrace of Victory Road currently. Even still thinking about picking up Black Flag :p

My backlog could crush small villages, but my goal is to play New Leaf for a whole year. (I've never made it that long with Past ACs.)

I try not to play more than 3 games at a time, so the other two slots are what I'm rotating right now.

Pssst, if anyone has Del or any of the superheroes moving out, let me know.

Elija2

Welcome back, Philia. I'm kinda surprised that you actually haven't been playing AC every day. I wonder if Niraj has beaten your play time now.

Oxx

Layton is out this week.

I just can't play 5 3DS games simultaneously. The Professor might have to wait.

LMAO you guys. <333333 :3

Well its like this. I had a subscription service that rents out games. And there were a few that I wanted to play so badly but didn't have the time inbetween GTA and ACNL. And when I realized...

You just simply do not need to play the game daily to keep up with it. You just have to change the 3DS clock and go back to it at your own convenience. Yes, its time travel but I can trust that I won't lose anyone since it only passed a day ingame when I fix the clock to set it back to the day I've last played. Upon this realization, I can actually set it down and not fuss with it while I can concentrate on my other games. Funny thing that... ACNL has such a polarizing push/pull to it.

I have a backloggery account if anyone likes to follow me on whatever games I'm playing. :) I'm playing 3 of them at the moment as Samurai_Heart had discovered. :3
Oh, I totally understand. I can say that when the PS4 launches (and I pick up Battlefield 4), my time playing New Leaf at home will drop quite a bit.

I was wondering because it felt strange for someone so active to suddenly be MIA. Plus, I was hoping to show you the progress I've made -- as you were the first GAFer here to see my town and help get it started, and I don't think you've seen our much since.

Still looking for a Marine Pop Wall if anyone has a spare. Offering Saharahs.

Welcome back, Philia. I'm kinda surprised that you actually haven't been playing AC every day. I wonder if Niraj has beaten your play time now.

You'll have to pry the Activity Log from his cold, dead hands.

Smart money says yes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Weirdly I've been playing New Leaf a bit more again recently. Probably because I've given myself tasks to do. I can see myself going back to the few minutes a day in a few days time though since I've done a lot of the big jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom