• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well wouldn't you want to plan where your stumps end up? So you'll only need the silver axe for the brief period when you chop down those specific trees.

The few I've had always ended up in bad spots and eventually had to be removed.

You should see his town before asking that :p

Wolfe

Well wouldn't you want to plan where your stumps end up? So you'll only need the silver axe for the brief period when you chop down those specific trees.

The few I've had always ended up in bad spots and eventually had to be removed.

Eventually sure, I'm just not at the point yet where that matters and it would be nice to not need a silver axe period now that I have the gold.

I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything I just wish the golden axe made special stumps at least half the time or something. :p My town is still quite the random assortment of trees/flowers and my path making is a very slow process that likely won't be finished for quite a while heh.

Niraj always jumping in before me lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Forest wall... so twice I've gotten the same mush item twice in a row...

You should see his town before asking that :p
Well then maybe it's a good time to share Dream Codes again.

Now I was going to post mine but I thought best wait till I update tonight because I cleared up my town and I'd rather present it like that then the still a bit messy state it was in a few days ago.

Wolfe

Well then maybe it's a good time to share Dream Codes again.

Don't expect much, it's basically the same mess it's been since not long after I started the game lol. I've put off making paths for a real long time and wasn't going to bother organizing trees/bushes/flowers until that was done. Not to say that my PWP haven't been placed without thought behind them.

4600-2288-1633

Robin64

Soon...

Edna6MR.png

Soooooooooon....!

(Has anyone got theirs?)

Chopper

If we're sharing Dream Codes again, I'll throw mine into the hat. Behold, Buckland:

7400 2932 0644

It is pretty much "finished". My flower beds are more or less where I want them to be, and no group of flowers is without hybrids, neighbours' houses and PWPs are where I want them to be, with the exception of the ones I can't even build because of the stupid limit. (In an ideal world there would be a Totem Pole just south of the plaza, directly inbetween the blue and gold rose beds. I toyed with the idea of putting a zen clock in the pansy bed next to Kidds house too, but alas, it is never to be.) There is grass in more or less all the places there should be grass. You can always do with more grass, but as someone who has chosen to go au natural on their paths, it's the price I pay, and I'll continue to fine tune it.

I have spent hours and hours on this town. Probably more than I ever did with Bongcock in Wild World, and that is saying something. The paths are such that you should be able to run without worrying about what's about to appear in front of you, and so that you can see more or less everything without having to stray off of them. Though it's not flawless! Whilst the town is designed so that it looks its best from the paths, I do encourage exploration. There are a few surprises you can find if you do veer off track.

There are some nice screenshot opportunities too, with many of the PWPs and decoration placed with 3D and use of Up on your D-pad in mind.

If you need an excuse to put your Dream Suite to use: I haven't seen any of my 4 fossils for days. If anyone wants to try and find them, I'll reward you with a prize. In fact, the first five people to post screenshots of the locations of all four fossils, as well as a screenshot of your favourite spot in Buckland, will get a shiny unorderable item from my stack of doubles, or an orderable item of your choice (I probably have it logged).

Pro tip: To preserve your silver axes but always get a special stump, make the first two chops with the golden axe and then finish with the silver one.
Mind=blown. Will have to start farming tree stumps.

If you need an excuse to put your Dream Suite to use: I haven't seen any of my 4 fossils for days. If anyone wants to try and find them, I'll reward you with a prize. In fact, the first five people to post screenshots of the locations of all four fossils, as well as a screenshot of your favourite spot in Buckland, will get a shiny unorderable item from my stack of doubles, or an orderable item of your choice (I probably have it logged).
Found 3. Working on the elusive 4th. :eek:

EDIT: Done. Got dam was that last one a monster to find, as you'll see once I post pictures.

EDIT2:

10Nj6z1.jpg

wjANVCD.jpg

Fossils:
http://i.imgur.com/dT7PAXK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GaMI2b7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x0LRHPx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1tiYvwR.jpg

Favorite Spot:
K73Z3c8.jpg

Love little gardens like this, and the trellis. Want it so bad!

Bonus:
Wy3Vqsz.jpg

Koomaster

Maybe you actually learned to time travel and accidentally forgot to turn off the WiFi when you came back to check on yourself.

I'm just assuming you'd have a new 3DS after leaving it in another section of space but not quite remembering where but that it wasn't really worth it to go looking for it so you just bought a new one when they became cheap.

I should go to bed now. I'm really sleepy.
I just woke up and this is the first thing I read.
I am really confused and feel I should go back to bed because I am really sleepy.

Oxx

Having travelled far and wide seeking-out streetpasses, seeing that green light pop at home would be both thrilling and terrifying.

Koomaster

Having travelled far and wide seeking-out streetpasses, seeing that green light pop at home would be both thrilling and terrifying.
I was in the middle of a match of League of Legends and my first thought was; 'Omg, is there something wrong with my 3DS?!'

I vaguely wondered if there was some sort of emergency thing that would cause the green light to start blinking because I never expected to get a streetpass sitting at home. So yeah it was a little terrifying at first... then thrilling.

Mecca

I randomly streetpassed someone while I was in my apartment a few weeks ago. It went on for like a week. I ended up passing him at least three times. I live on the third floor of an apartment building so I think my neighbor may of had visitors and the signal just reached really far.

Koomaster

Oh God; Katrina sold me another hat this morning.
I had to make a special shirt and outfit just to show it to you guys.
But the image is too spooky, and not for the feint of heart.
You've been warned.
I will link it to spare any random eyes falling on it...

Click... if you dare!
Koo-Loo-Limpah?
The dark magic ritual is completed!

Marvie_3

Banned
You've been warned.

Click... if you dare!
Koo-Loo-Limpah?

I got that hat too. :/

Niraj

You've been warned.

Click... if you dare!
Koo-Loo-Limpah?

D:

I got your painting in by the way. Let me know when you're free and I'll drop it off for you.

AEREC

How does day lights savings work? Just noticed my 3ds is still an hour ahead. Don't want to fix it as I just bought a ton of turnips on Sunday.

Am I stuck with an incorrect time until next year?

How does day lights savings work? Just noticed my 3ds is still an hour ahead. Don't want to fix it as I just bought a ton of turnips on Sunday.

Am I stuck with an incorrect time until next year?
Whenever you're not going to play for an hour, change the system time to be correct. As long as you don't play the game during that hour as you catch back up to where the game thought you were, you're fine.

You've been warned.

Click... if you dare!
Koo-Loo-Limpah?
Fabulous! :D

Niraj

I should be back later today. Have to run some errands and go vote. :)

No rush. I'll be gone for a couple hours myself but should be back in the early afternoon through the evening.

Got a second mush table today, and have had the Harvest mirror for sale the last three days. Something new would be nice on the Harvest front.

Got another vintage telescope yesterday if anybody wants that.

Grizzo

Feels like forever since I last posted anything on the Animal Crossing OT ! Lately I've been playing the game a lot more. I admit that I kinda forgot about it in August and September, but I spent quite some time on it since October. The town looks so lovely through out the fall season. It's refreshing.

I had a question : I passed two out of four of Gracie's fashion checks but she's been M.I.A. for like 10 days now. Is she only coming to town once a month or something ? I really want to unlock the last store expansion...

Seems like it's all yours, let me know when you're free.

Edit: I also have a Marine Pop Wall, which I think you said you wanted, no?

Not until late tonight, I'm afraid. And, yes, I did. Forever indebted, etc..

I had a question : I passed two out of four of Gracie's fashion checks but she's been M.I.A. for like 10 days now. Is she only coming to town once a month or something ? I really want to unlock the last store expansion...

Her appearances are random. Unfortunately, some people waited a couple months to pass all four checks. While some of us were lucky to get them all done pretty quickly.

Chopper

Will have a Proper Painting coming in the past tomorrow, of anyone wants it.

Ah. Well thankfully my lamenting still works. :p

Take your pick from:

Worthy painting
Famous painting
Fine painting
Nice painting
World Map
Sketchbook
Pic of Katie
Helm
Boxed Figurine
Mush Dresser
Forest Floor
Veggie Basket
Sprinkler
Mortar wall
Western Vista
Classroom Wall
Daisy Meadow
Autumn Floor
Chessboard Rug
Sci-fi Floor
Ancient Tile
Office Flooring
Closed Road
Sloppy Clock

Grizzo

Her appearances are random. Unfortunately, some people waited a couple months to pass all four checks. While some of us were lucky to get them all done pretty quickly.

Woah, okay, good to know, thanks ! I guess I'll have to wait then (must resist using time-travel must resist using time-travel...).

Woah, okay, good to know, thanks ! I guess I'll have to wait then (must resist using time-travel must resist using time-travel...).

Yeah, it's really random. Just enjoy the other stuff while you can.Grab new fish, start stocking ingredients for the Harvest Festival at the end of the month, Figure out what area you want to clear to make snowballs next month. :p

bjork

How does the game decide who shows up in the Happy Home area? Like I assume everyone got Reggie, but after that, does it just randomly decide to pull someone? I got some guy in a sombrero yesterday and his house had two rooms despite playing since May. Did everyone get him, or was I just unlucky? I want big ass houses full of shit I can order that I haven't found already...

How does the game decide who shows up in the Happy Home area? Like I assume everyone got Reggie, but after that, does it just randomly decide to pull someone? I got some guy in a sombrero yesterday and his house had two rooms despite playing since May. Did everyone get him, or was I just unlucky? I want big ass houses full of shit I can order that I haven't found already...
You get houses through Spotpass, like Reggie, or Streetpass.

Take your pick from:
Worthy painting
Famous painting
Fine painting
Nice painting
Sci-fi Floor
Sloppy Clock
Will probably one of these. Sorry I'm not more specific yet, gotta see what I already have (my memory sucks.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ooh. I'll take it! Do you require anything from the above list?
A trade for your Famous Painting? It will have to be tomorrow as I ordered the painting myself straight away just in case no one wanted it right at this moment.

Chopper

Will probably one of these. Sorry I'm not more specific yet, gotta see what I already have (my memory sucks.)

Cool man. Just let me know. Although...

A trade for your Famous Painting? It will have to be tomorrow as I ordered the painting myself straight away just in case no one wanted it right at this moment.

BGBW can have the Famous Painting. Hope that's cool.

Wolfe

Hey Chopper don't forget I've got that music room wall you wanted.

Also I've got perfect orange in premium today if anyone wants to unload, I'll be home around 6-7 pm Pacific time today.

Frogstep

I've got Katrina posted up in my town. First time I get my fortune told and she tells me I already have my lucky item on. I usually never really try and get that item on because she's usually so damn cryptic on what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom