• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly I've been playing New Leaf a bit more again recently. Probably because I've given myself tasks to do. I can see myself going back to the few minutes a day in a few days time though since I've done a lot of the big jobs.
BGBW, do you still have an extra Forest Floor? I got my third :)/) mush dresser today, and I'll trade it for your extra floor if you'd like.

I did have Redd though, but of course he didn't bring his statues. Time to list the art I still need to see if anyone got any of that:

- Good Painting
- Wild Painting
- Ancient Statue
- Beautiful Sculpture

I have the Wild one at Redd's in my town right now. I'll buy it and hang onto it for you.

LMAO you guys. <333333 :3

<insert excuses>

You could have at least stopped by to say hi more often! *frump*

Layton is out this week.

I just can't play 5 3DS games simultaneously. The Professor might have to wait.

At first I was like.... no fucking way! Already?! But then I realized we still don't have a solid US date. *phew*

I need the common painting and the great statue. So I will trade you those 4 you need for the 2 I need. Plus I ordered you the celebration hat, you are making out like a bandit. :p

Thanks again, Prince Akeem!

Frogstep

creepy stone x2
creepy statue
creepy cauldron x2
creepy clock x2
creepy skeleton
creepy coffin x2
creepy floor

These items are still up for grabs but I'm only going to hold onto them for a little while longer before I need to make room in my storage.

You just simply do not need to play the game daily to keep up with it. You just have to change the 3DS clock and go back to it at your own convenience.
Yes, its time travel but I can trust that I won't lose anyone since it only passed a day ingame when I fix the clock to set it back to the day I've last played. Upon this realization, I can actually set it down and not fuss with it while I can concentrate on my other games. Funny thing that... ACNL has such a polarizing push/pull to it.

I'm just glad you're making sure all that work you put into that pretty looking town doesn't go wasted. Happy to see you again! :)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, I've got the final store upgrade. T&T Emporium is now there in my town.
So relieved I'll never have to pass another fashion check again.

I think the only upgrade left is the station upgrade, and that requires loads of people to enter my town. LOL.

Elija2

I'm still giving away some stuff for free. If anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know:

sporty floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
Ultra Hand x2
miniature car
Ultra Scope
golden carpet
golden wall torch
old wallpaper x3
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
creepy cauldron
pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW, do you still have an extra Forest Floor? I got my third :)/) mush dresser today, and I'll trade it for your extra floor if you'd like.
Yeah I still have it. Can we do the trade tomorrow as I'm winding down for the day and soon heading for bed.

I think the only upgrade left is the station upgrade, and that requires loads of people to enter my town. LOL.
Well if you want you could always open your town for a day and let people just pop in and out to rack up your numbers.

Koomaster

You just find one mushroom item per day, right?
Yeah just 1 furniture item. 5 mushrooms spring up, and one of those is a piece of furniture. The other 4 are regular mushrooms.

Edit...
Three normal mushrooms and one item mushroom a day.
You must be missing a mushroom somewhere in your town. Or you don't have a lot of trees or something. Five have been appearing each day for me.

Sure, I can open up for you if you need. Should be open within 30 mins or so.

Edit: :eek: Am I crazy?
No, you're not crazy. I did have a petition request there. Someone on GameFAQs said they'd help me, but they seem to have stepped away. If they don't come back and you're still available, I'll gladly take you up on your offer if that's okay.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Linius, if you're still around I just got back. If not, I'll get you that sushi platter tomorrow.

That's awesome. Let me know when you're able to have me in town or the other way around.

I should get it around 9:00 am PST tomorrow so any time after that. I should be around to either drop it off or you can pick it up. Just send me a PM with what is a good time and what would be easier for you.

Katrina is in my town square for a few more hours if anyone needs her. Gates are open.

Still can't decide between station designs. The fairy tale one is even growing on me now, since it better plays to my pink and gray paths. Argh, decisions. I hate making them :(

ab.aeterno, the other guy came back. But thanks for the offer anyway. :)
No worries!

Koomaster

Katrina is in my town square for a few more hours if anyone needs her. Gates are open.

Still can't decide between station designs. The fairy tale one is even growing on me now, since it better plays to my pink and gray paths. Argh, decisions. I hate making them :(

No worries!
The good thing is that unlike the campground, you can re-re-model the train station. As long as you have the bells for it you can do it as many times as you like.

The good thing is that unlike the campground, you can re-re-model the train station. As long as you have the bells for it you can do it as many times as you like.
That's true. I guess I can always just try out the one I want most and see how it fits.

You sit on a throne of lies!

Edit: And I was just Resetti'd. Fucking classy, ab. I was even going to leave you a gift. Now I'm not even coming back!
I have brought shame upon myself and all of AC-GAF. I will pay a pennance of 100 dives in the icy waters of Avalon this night. :<

I thought she was open later. Sorry!

Wolfe

Edit: I lied, I just found the mush furniture item that somehow eluded my sight this morning, carry on!

Hey Chopper you around? I've got that music room wall you wanted.

Wolfe

I have brought shame upon myself and all of AC-GAF. I will pay a pennance of 100 dives in the icy waters of Avalon this night. :<

I thought she was open later. Sorry!

It's ok I did that multiple times lol, took me a while to finally remember that she closes pretty early.

Gah stupid DP on my part.

Oh and Ankha tried to tell me she was moving out today but since Hours was able to snag her I told her to stick around for the time being. Anyone else interested in her should she try to move out again? If not I'll just auction her off on gamefaqs after I get her picture I guess (I would give her away but since it's GF I'd rather get some bells! Still need almost 90 million for that adb :p)

Today my Tia told me that she was planning on moving out. I said "like hell you are!" and convinced her to stay. She's definitely a keeper.
I would take her, but I have a very specific order that I'm collecting villagers in order to maximize certain things, and she's not due until later.

She's so incredible though. One of the very best new villagers.

Frogstep

Today my Tia told me that she was planning on moving out. I said "like hell you are!" and convinced her to stay. She's definitely a keeper.

Yeah if I wasn't such a frog fanatic and committed to my perfect frog town she's someone I wouldn't mind having. She's got a really nice looking house interior.

Keep forgetting all my gardening shit is on my alt. Sorry about that Marvie. :p

In other news, town map is basically done. Beaches are rough estimates, the town itself should be pretty accurate.

MSR4UqY.png

Koomaster

So I just got a streetpass while sitting at my computer.
Guess someone must have walked close enough to my house to trigger it.
How random.

Koomaster

The streetpass came from inside the house!
Too spooky for November!!!

Maybe one of the neighbours got a 3DS.
Don't really have any young neighbors close by; mostly surrounded by retired couples. What is the range for streetpasses anyway? It's at least 30ft or more from where I'm sitting to the street and neighbor's houses are farther than that on all sides. Thought you had to be pretty close to have that happen.

Elija2

Don't really have any young neighbors close by; mostly surrounded by retired couples. What is the range for streetpasses anyway? It's at least 30ft or more from where I'm sitting to the street and neighbor's houses are farther than that on all sides. Thought you had to be pretty close to have that happen.

Yeah, plus you have to be in range for more than a few seconds so I doubt someone driving by would trigger a Streetpass.

Someone must have trespassed on your property and their 3DS gave them away.

It's like that episode of Castle, only for real.

On another note, I never knew what created special tree stumps. Is it silver axe only, from what I'm reading?

That stinks, since don't they deteriorate?

It's like that episode of Castle, only for real.

On another note, I never knew what created special tree stumps. Is it silver axe only, from what I'm reading?

That stinks, since don't they deteriorate?

Heck, normal axes can do it too. I believe the rate of occurrence is Normal -> Gold -> Silver, with Silver having a very high chance.

Additionally, I need to some town cleaning. I have so many friggen paintings that are duplicates. Additionally, I'd like to take any extra creepy skeletons anyone has lying around, as I have a friend who's a fan of them.

Wolfe

I know things say the golden axe produces special stumps but I have yet to see it happen and I've cut down at least 20 trees with it so far. Maybe that's not enough but damn it makes it feel as though if it does produce them then it's a very small % chance.

Sucks cause I don't want to have to carry a silver axe in addition to my gold lol.

So I just got a streetpass while sitting at my computer.
Guess someone must have walked close enough to my house to trigger it.
How random.

Maybe you actually learned to time travel and accidentally forgot to turn off the WiFi when you came back to check on yourself.

I'm just assuming you'd have a new 3DS after leaving it in another section of space but not quite remembering where but that it wasn't really worth it to go looking for it so you just bought a new one when they became cheap.

I should go to bed now. I'm really sleepy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know things say the golden axe produces special stumps but I have yet to see it happen and I've cut down at least 20 trees with it so far. Maybe that's not enough but damn it makes it feel as though if it does produce them then it's a very small % chance.

Sucks cause I don't want to have to carry a silver axe in addition to my gold lol.
Well wouldn't you want to plan where your stumps end up? So you'll only need the silver axe for the brief period when you chop down those specific trees.

The few I've had always ended up in bad spots and eventually had to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom