• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

I was going to do this stuff now, but the snowmam was giving me trouble so I guess I'm just going to go for all of the snowboy items first. :p

After making Snowmans over and over for about 1 week and a half or so I didn't feel like making the same of another over and over again. Plus it's a nice change of pace. :p

It's given me some good practice so when I do have to farm snowboys they won't take as long to build.

Elija2

I remembered today that back around 2002 I wrote a preview for the GCN version of Animal Crossing long before I actually played it for a local Nintendo magazine.

It kinda makes me cringe now but let's read it why not!?

Funny how you said the game has a "whopping size" when it was originally an N64 game and is so small that the entire game fit into the Gamecube's RAM so you could play it without the disc inside.

Funny how you said the game has a "whopping size" when it was originally an N64 game and is so small that the entire game fit into the Gamecube's RAM so you could play it without the disc inside.

I'm guessing that's referring to the amount of text to translate.

Chopper:
Mini timpanoid
Howloid
Strumboid

Chopper

Just had a very scary moment. Went to save and quit, and it took about 2-3 minutes to complete the save. I have no idea why it took so long, but I was having heart palpitations at the thought of corrupted data.

Just had a very scary moment. Went to save and quit, and it took about 2-3 minutes to complete the save. I have no idea why it took so long, but I was having heart palpitations at the thought of corrupted data.

I've had this happen before as well. Once I had to wait about 5 minutes and another time where I waited much longer and it never finished. I don't think I had much done, so it wasn't a big deal but still made me nervous.

So oddly... Bam put up another sloppy dresser in ReTail. No idea where he's hiding these things. If anyone needs a sloppy dresser and has another sloppy double for trade, let me know.

Also, BPB, let me know when I can pop by for that Gracie clock. Hadn't forgotten... just decided to give up on waiting for Erik. At this point, I have two open village spots and I'm not worrying about who moves into them.

Roto13

Yeah, that happened to me once. It was worrying.

Also, BPB, let me know when I can pop by for that Gracie clock. Hadn't forgotten... just decided to give up on waiting for Erik. At this point, I have two open village spots and I'm not worrying about who moves into them.

The gates are open and I'm just wandering around doing daily stuff for a little while. I left it in front of the station if you're free now. If not, I can catch you another time.

I know I haven't posted in here much lately, but...after months of effort I *FINALLY* got my last villager's pic. Marina's. I did have to reset once after obtaining the stringfish she wanted and her giving me a dud item, but there was no way I was letting her get away with giving me anything but her pic for it.

I'm not even sure where to go from here now that I have everyone's pic...maybe I'll start doing the island things again.

That happens to me when the 3DS is connected online.

I just turn off the wireless switch and it saves straightaway.

Also, I'm stuck in villager resetting limbo; I thought getting a good plot for Marshal wouldn't take this long, but maaaaan...

Just got out of the shower... I'll be there in a couple :)

I thought you were a bit too quiet for awhile...

tumblr_mz7oamGD491qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Chopper

For the first time since release, my dedication to Animal Crossing is waning. Somewhat. I dedicate about 45 minutes a day to my town, but currently have a pretty straightforward routine that consists of:

Rolling Snowboy
Check for fossils
Buy fertiliser
Check Ables
Assess fossils
Maybe update Dream Address
Plant fertiliser/water flowers
Empty pockets at Retail
Maybe check island for Treasure Chest.

In that order.

I'll get back into the groove properly soon. But I got a PS4/Vita combo for Christmas, so I'm struggling!

Edit: Still lurking the fuck out of this thread though. Love you guys.

Elija2

For the first time since release, my dedication to Animal Crossing is waning. Somewhat. I dedicate about 45 minutes a day to my town, but currently have a pretty straightforward routine that consists of:

Rolling Snowboy
Check for fossils
Buy fertiliser
Check Ables
Assess fossils
Maybe update Dream Address
Plant fertiliser/water flowers
Empty pockets at Retail
Maybe check island for Treasure Chest.

In that order.

I'll get back into the groove properly soon. But I got a PS4/Vita combo for Christmas, so I'm struggling!

Edit: Still lurking the fuck out of this thread though. Love you guys.

I've definitely been playing less too lately. I also have a game backlog that I've been wanting to get through as well as school so I've been trying to rush through my daily chores as quickly as possible. I'm still hoping to play the game every day for a year (and this community has definitely been helping) but eventually I'm gonna have to stop.

Frogstep

That list pretty much summarizes what my daily routine consists of too lol. I usually spend another 30mins talking to villagers and making sure that none of my frogs are moving.
And then hop back on around 9-10ish for a trip to the island for some beetle farming.

Game went to back to laid back for me after the whole Bingo thing and Toy Day event. I also got a Vita that I've been putting some time into as well as a pretty sizeable backlog of games I need to dive into. :p

Chopper

That list pretty much summarizes what my daily routine consists of too lol. I usually spend another 30mins talking to villagers and making sure that none of my frogs are moving.
And then hop back on around 9-10ish for a trip to the island for some beetle farming.

Game went to back to laid back for me after the whole Bingo thing and Toy Day event. I also got a Vita that I've been putting some time into as well as a pretty sizeable backlog of games I need to dive into. :p
Wanna be PSN buddies? You'd be my first gaffer! :)

Frogstep

lol sure. What's your ID? I actually just use my brother's cause he has ps plus and I'm too fucking cheap to get it for myself. Free games! :p

edit: Nevermind it's in your profile. I'll add when I get a chance.

Reset center opened for the second time ever in my town!
tumblr_mz7y4zcw4K1svm4v1o1_400.jpg

Used his toilet while I had the chance.
tumblr_mz7y4zcw4K1svm4v1o2_400.jpg

Got this little snow family model from a Snow Tyke today. Looks cool :)
tumblr_mz7y4zcw4K1svm4v1o3_400.jpg

milkham

vitabros! my psn is same as my username

Velcro Fly

I never made it to my shops today. I played early this morning to make snowmen and dig up fossils and such. And then this evening I just felt like shit so I slept and slept and didn't care. I had Redd in town too. I'm not too worried about things.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So to get all the Birthday items you have to play for six years (or play with alts)!? I got the candles. So was I right that my villagers hate me or did I scrap into like territory.

Felt kind of bad that the host, Eloise, is the one I'm letting go of.

tumblr_mz8ks1FStx1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mz8ks1FStx1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

Chopper

So to get all the Birthday items you have to play for six years (or play with alts)!? I got the candles. So was I right that my villagers hate me or did I scrap into like territory.

tumblr_mz8ks1FStx1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mz8ks1FStx1svkqkfo2_400.jpg
Happy birthday!

Krelian

Happy birthday!

I'm completely burning out lately. Have next to no desire to visit my town anymore :/ Still need to do so much
Maybe take a break. I took a break of three months or so and now I'm very motivated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom