• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got some spare time!

Are any of the five people who requested a Zodiac Snake available to come to my town soon?

Would love any spare snowman items (except ice items).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Checked in everyday even if it's only for a few minutes (like last night because everything was closed so all I could do was build a snowmam and demolish something.

I'm actually working a bit on town layout again, but the build/destroy only one thing a day means it's going to be a slow process.

Linius

Finally got some spare time!

Are any of the five people who requested a Zodiac Snake available to come to my town soon?

Would love any spare snowman items (except ice items).

I'm in Europe so it could be a bit of a hassle with the time zones. But just let me know when you're around.

Velcro Fly

Need for bingo:

Any one of those will do. I've seriously had this shit for 3 days now and not gotten the number I need. This game is the master level troll for sure.

Koomaster

+1 not missed a day since launch. I can't imagine not checking in. The horror!
Digital high-five!

I've been playing everyday since the game came out on GC. I play the game till the next version comes out and then move to that one. Then I usually check-in once a year to all my previous towns. It's my favorite game series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been playing everyday since the game came out on GC. I play the game till the next version comes out and then move to that one. Then I usually check-in once a year to all my previous towns. It's my favorite game series.

wM5ShsH.gif

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Need for bingo:

Any one of those will do. I've seriously had this shit for 3 days now and not gotten the number I need. This game is the master level troll for sure.

I've got an unactivated snowman if you want to give it a shot at some point.

For the most part I've played every day since launch. I know I've missed a couple of days here and there just due to life stuff. I won't miss birthdays or things like that though. Turnips kinda help me to remember to check in too... making some extra Bells in the process.

mantidor

You know you are leaving AC behind when you forget to enter on your birthday to get your party.

On the other hand I did have an awesome birthday with little to no free time which was the reason I was nowhere near my 3DS, I still hope I didn't lose some special item or something.

Niraj

Lots of birthdays around here lately. Happy birthday, glad it was a good one :)

Can somebody let me hop over for signatures at some point? No rush.

Niraj

If anyone would like a visit from a traveling kitten, I happen to have just such a kitten wandering around today. Again.

I can.

Ok thanks :) I also have Katie so maybe we can swap :p

Edit: well I'm dumb. When I tried to drop Katie off the first time, I got an error, and then for whatever reason I forgot to grab her again -_- so I still have Katie if anybody wants her :/

Koomaster

Actually got a streetpass w/model AC house while I was out today. Excitement!
Also apparently Reggie sent his house out again over spotpass at some time.
He gave me a balloon.

Gracie is in my town for a historical look but I only have a samurai hat, armor shoes, and armor shirt on order. Will that pass?

If not, could anyone spot me a historical look? I won't be able to pick it up till 4:45/5:00 EST. Here's the list of stuff. http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/gracie-fashion-check/#historical

Probably. If there's no clashing style with whatever pants you wear. I could order some pants for you though if you want. They'd arrive in the 5pm EST post.

Edit: well I'm dumb. When I tried to drop Katie off the first time, I got an error, and then for whatever reason I forgot to grab her again -_- so I still have Katie if anybody wants her :/

I lol'ed. Most superfluous visit ever. You can drop her with me tonight if no one else wants her.

Stat!

Probably. If there's no clashing style with whatever pants you wear. I could order some pants for you though if you want. They'd arrive in the 5pm EST post.

I lol'ed. Most superfluous visit ever. You can drop her with me tonight if no one else wants her.

Thank you. Just to play it safe so I don't lose Gracie as I still dont have the department store yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been pretty bad with Snowmen I'm afraid as I've been playing my game late at night but today's number is 37.

If I may, can I pop over to someone's town to get a petition signed? You can be afk for all I care. As a bonus I can throw Katie in as well.

Koomaster

I've been pretty bad with Snowmen I'm afraid as I've been playing my game late at night but today's number is 37.

If I may, can I pop over to someone's town to get a petition signed? You can be afk for all I care. As a bonus I can throw Katie in as well.
I'll open up, just let me get Blathers to ID these fossils.

Elija2

Digital high-five!

Are you saying you played City Folk every day for over 4 years? Your town must have been a desert by the end.

I can't even get Streetpasses while standing inside an actual Nintendo Zone. :/ Stopped at Best Buy and came home to just a letter advertising the DLC we've already gotten signed, "Your generous friends."

Thank you. Just to play it safe so I don't lose Gracie as I still dont have the department store yet.

No problem. I ordered the armor pants for you. I'll open my gates a little after 5 and leave them by the station so you can come pick them up whenever you have a chance.

Koomaster

Are you saying you played City Folk every day for over 4 years? Your town must have been a desert by the end.
Yeah it was my most played AC of the series since it took so long for New Leaf to come out compared to the gap between the previous versions.

Also it was more like my town is filled with flowers from top to bottom. As long as there is a flower on the ground, you can walk on it and not degrade the grass.

Took me a while to realize how bad the animal track feature was till my town started turning into a desert. Then it took ~6 months to plant flowers and regrow all the grass. Grass would start to regrow after a long time of not stepping on it and having a flower planted there. So it took a lot of maneuvering around my town knowing which areas were still in recovery and where I couldn't go.

Pretty much Year 1 was taken up by the grass project. First part of the year grass got destroyed, later half of the year the town was in environmental recovery.

milkham

Haha! I freely admit I am a little obsessed with AC. All my photos I took in City Folk make up a 8+ hour slideshow in the Wii's slideshow viewer thing. The game is basically my double life. :p

you should get some video capture equipment and take us on a tour of them all

Koomaster

you should get some video capture equipment and take us on a tour of them all
Wish I knew anything about doing things like that or I totally would.

I could show off things like how storage used to be an even bigger issue in the GC game. You could store I think 6 items in a storage container. And if you wanted any more storage you had to buy another closet/dresser/etc. So I had like a room filled with a bunch of closets just to store all the things I wanted to save and had to remember which closet held what item.

Other things like Gracie used to make you wash her car in order to prove you were worthy of wearing one of her outfits. Or Officer Copper's morning aerobics practice you could participate in and earn participation punches on a card for a few weeks and earn a radio. And of course the old school NES games you could get and play within the game were fun stuff.

One thing I definitely miss is those morning exercises; they were the cutest thing. Here is a webpage describing the event. and also the Sports Fair. They should think about bringing these events back.

Elija2

One thing I definitely miss is those morning exercises; they were the cutest thing. Here is a webpage describing the event. and also the Sports Fair. They should think about bringing these events back.

Those sound awesome. I never did play much of the original Animal Crossing (only played it a bit at a friends house) but it seems like there were a lot of cool stuff in that game that never appeared in any of the others. I understand taking them out of Wild World since that was on the DS, but they should have brought them back in City Folk and New Leaf.

Koomaster

Those sound awesome. I never did play much of the original Animal Crossing (only played it a bit at a friends house) but it seems like there were a lot of cool stuff in that game that never appeared in any of the others. I understand taking them out of Wild World since that was on the DS, but they should have brought them back in City Folk and New Leaf.
We got the island back in New Leaf which is improved imo over the GC island; although I miss the islander villager you could have that lived exclusively on the island. I bought a GBA and cable just to have the island on the GC.

Also speaking of plugging things into the GC; my e-reader card collection for AC...
Also bought the e-reader just for AC. Always liked the idea of collecting cards for the game. Wish we could have had something like that for New Leaf since the 3DS has a camera and reads q-codes.

Chopper

Also speaking of plugging things into the GC; my e-reader card collection for AC...
Also bought the e-reader just for AC. Always liked the idea of collecting cards for the game. Wish we could have had something like that for New Leaf since the 3DS has a camera and reads q-codes.
That is amazing. Is that all of the cards?!

Koomaster

That is amazing. Is that all of the cards?!
I wish! I have gaps in the collection here and there. The cards were sold in blind packs of like 6 so you could never be sure of what you were buying. It was hard to get a full collection of them. I did sell/trade some dupes in order to fill in a bunch but I am still missing a lot of the cards unfortunately. I don't even want to think how much I spent on these cards back in the day haha.

Fun fact, the KK Album artwork in New Leaf comes from the album artwork done for these e-reader cards.
In the picture I posted you can see at the top the card for K.K. Faire. Here is the album artwork as it appears in New Leaf...
AlbumArt-Faire.png

Scanning the KK album cards in the GC game got you a letter from KK with the song attached.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wish I put more time into the original animal crossing, only played it for all day month because I still shared the television with the rest of the family so I ended up missing days and thus got set in.

Got six months out of the Wii version but the lack of community slowly killed my motivation to play it.

Since I skipped the DS version New Leaf is my first portable version and I can certainly say that the series suits handhelds more. As a result I'd like the likely Wii U version to be a companion version. For example take the idea explored in the Wii version of going to the city, the Wii U version could expand on this and act like a city for New Leaf, even better a way to meet other prayers, so a better Club Tortimer.

Elija2

Fun fact, the KK Album artwork in New Leaf comes from the album artwork done for these e-reader cards.
In the picture I posted you can see at the top the card for K.K. Faire. Here is the album artwork as it appears in New Leaf...
AlbumArt-Faire.png

Scanning the KK album cards in the GC game got you a letter from KK with the song attached.

That's pretty cool! I thought they made all the album art for New Leaf but I guess a couple were from the e-reader cards.

Koomaster

That's pretty cool! I thought they made all the album art for New Leaf but I guess a couple were from the e-reader cards.
Yep, unless it was a new song that came after the GC game they already had artwork for it. Here's a better look at some of the KK cards...

Turned over my dupe DJ KK card to show that they tell you how to make each of his songs into your town tune if you wanted.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool to see the real origin of the album art, but it's funny to think that it took this long for them to appear in game.

Elija2

Yep, unless it was a new song that came after the GC game they already had artwork for it. Here's a better look at some of the KK cards...

Turned over my dupe DJ KK card to show that they tell you how to make each of his songs into your town tune if you wanted.

K.K. Country's artwork always creeps me out for some reason, but K.K. Lullaby's always makes me laugh because of baby K.K.

Also, it's cool that they tell you how to make it your town tune.

Koomaster

Cool to see the real origin of the album art, but it's funny to think that it took this long for them to appear in game.
I guess just limitations of the previous game engines or they didn't think to do it before. It was definitely a surprise the first album I received in game and displayed I was like;
'Wait a second, I know this.' Then pulled out all my e-reader cards to confirm. :p

Edit: Looking them up, they did change Senor KK's art. The art in New Leaf has Gala the pig in the background. The card features Sue E. who is no longer in the game. Otherwise the card is exactly like the album art. They removed a lot of villagers from the game after the GC for some reason. Just glad they never got rid of my favorite villager Lobo. ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom