• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Anyone around that could take a Miiverse pic of the bottom screen showing the StreetPass badge? (Just bronze is fine, but hooray if you have more!). Not the page showing all the badges, but the one you see showing the bronze/silver/gold when you click in it.

Odd request, but I could do with it for a site I am putting together the details the StreetPass function of (eventually) every 3DS game. Currently only have Animal Crossing up, but figured I should mention the badge(s).

mantidor

Lots of birthdays around here lately. Happy birthday, glad it was a good one :)

Can somebody let me hop over for signatures at some point? No rush.

Thanks! It was indeed a good birthday.

Also, I had no idea the snowman was through all winter, I thought it was a Christmas event. Time to pull out my bingo card again.

Anyone around that could take a Miiverse pic of the bottom screen showing the StreetPass badge? (Just bronze is fine, but hooray if you have more!). Not the page showing all the badges, but the one you see showing the bronze/silver/gold when you click in it.

Odd request, but I could do with it for a site I am putting together the details the StreetPass function of (eventually) every 3DS game. Currently only have Animal Crossing up, but figured I should mention the badge(s).

Bit confused as the the top screen shows the selected badge.

goldpass.JPG

Here's one I took from a fellow GAFer; I have silver myself.

jts

...hate me...
I figure this is the best place to ask this, has anyone here upgraded their SD card?

If so, what happens to Animal Crossing save? I've read contradicting stuff about it.

It's the only thing I care about.

Roto13

I am going to burn my village to the ground if one more fucking snowboy bitches about the size of his head, I swear to god.

I figure this is the best place to ask this, has anyone here upgraded their SD card?

If so, what happens to Animal Crossing save? I've read contradicting stuff about it.

It's the only thing I care about.

If you transfer everything to the new SD card like you're supposed to, nothing happens to it.

I am going to burn my village to the ground if one more fucking snowboy bitches about the size of his head, I swear to god.

I have a mini-forest of complaining snowboys : (

The snowball either magically grows when I push it on top or I slip and the snowballs accidentally combine when I'm comparing sizes.

jts

...hate me...

If you transfer everything to the new SD card like you're supposed to, nothing happens to it.
I forgot to mention that my AC is the DL version... although thinking about it, there's always the original SD card as a fail safe.

I really read somewhere that the AC save is protected or something. Maybe it's just in case of transfering systems.

Koomaster

I am doing the snowboys now myself. They are so RUDE about it too; and sarcastic whenever you speak to them. Like, sorry your head was a tiny bit too big but give me a break.

They absolutely have to be perfect or nothing. It's funny because I rolled one up next to a perfect snowboy and he complained about his head being too large... but it looked exactly the same size as the perfect one. :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Those were pretty annoying initially. Had to keep telling myself that the head is much smaller than I would think it to be. I do have an extra snowman carpet if any of you would like it. That's one less snowboy to build.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Head just has to line up with your chin.

Annoyingly what I thought was a bad Snowboy seemed to be acceptable in the Snowtyke's eyes so I've ended up with another Snow Bunny.

Niraj

I already got two spares from my snowboys. Seriously, fuck them.

Really? I only got a double once I got 14 out of the 15 items (the bed I had already cataloged from Samurai_Heart). Wonder if I was just lucky, but seems to be a bit inordinately lucky if so.

I've completely fucked off from this game and it's giving me anxiety. I had to go into the game to get some notifications to go away and people were missing. Jitters just LEFT me. At least no one was mean to me. T-Bone's stupid ass didn't move yet, either.

CURSE THIS GAME. CURSE IT.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've purposefully got a load of Snowmen by exploiting the letterbox trick.

In case you don't know, if you don't catalogue an item from the Snowboy the game assumes you never received it, thus if you never open the present the game will keep giving you items you already have. Since the game thinks I have 14 of the 15 items it will keep giving me the 15th one, the Snowman. It is helpful that his letters describe exactly what is in it so you can easily hold back items you want to dupe.

Linius

Really? I only got a double once I got 14 out of the 15 items (the bed I had already cataloged from Samurai_Heart). Wonder if I was just lucky, but seems to be a bit inordinately lucky if so.

I have two carpets and two chairs. But now you say so, I did cat them at Kamis town way back last year. It's gonna be near to impossible to complete the set now :/

Niraj

I've purposefully got a load of Snowmen by exploiting the letterbox trick.

In case you don't know, if you don't catalogue an item from the Snowboy the game assumes you never received it, thus if you never open the present the game will keep giving you items you already have. Since the game thinks I have 14 of the 15 items it will keep giving me the 15th one, the Snowman. It is helpful that his letters describe exactly what is in it so you can easily hold back items you want to dupe.

Makes sense. That's a smart idea.

I have two carpets and two chairs. But now you say so, I did cat them at Kamis town way back last year. It's gonna be near to impossible to complete the set now :/

That sucks dude. You've got like forty days though.

Linius

Yeah I know, but I mainly build these suckers because I though I would be done with them after ten more days. Now I don't know, maybe I need to build like twenty or more :p

Frogstep

Should be getting my last snowtyke tomorrow in the mail. Tomorrow I also start farming snowboys. Some of these posts about getting boned pretty hard with dupes scares me though. D:

Here's hoping he's gentle with me. I want it to be special.

Niraj

Was just about to post about that myself. I do really like that Main Street design, but I ordered the Zelda one. I might order another one though.

Linius

That's really nice. Though I wouldn't have any stars at the moment if they would launch those in Europe too. But I sure need a case like that some time.

Meanwhile it's been almost a month since I ordered my Luigi statue. Wonder why it always takes so long to ship things at Nintendo.

Koomaster

Ordered and brought me down to only 5 coins remaining! D:
Looks like the year to finally upgrade my 3DS; but I am holding out they will bring that orange one to North America. Mine as soon as that happens.

Linius

Looks like the year to finally upgrade my 3DS; but I am holding out they will bring that orange one to North America. Mine as soon as that happens.

Never seen it before, looks wicked. I need to get one before the world cup to support my country :p

Xeno_V

Any advice on someone who might be tempted to buy the game? I have never played an AC game before although I am a huge Nintendo fan and I have played more or less the majority of their good games.

Without knowing I always thought that it would be something with no actual purpose, just doing fun things to kill your time, without getting any sense of progression. How is it and how do players who are into more hardcore gaming find it? Can it be fun for everyone or is it too casual?
I would appreciate it if someone who thought the same things more or less has any kind of valuable insight to offer.

Niraj

Same here, but the blue one. This one right?

3ds-xl-new-colors-turquoise-black-orange-black.jpg

Man, I love both of those.

Frogstep

I really like how they also color the buttons, shoulder buttons and volume/3d/wi-fi bars too. I'm not much of a fan of glossy color finishes though, matte or bust! I think I'll also grab that Zelda game card case too.

Oh and if anyone has perfect oranges on premium please let me know. :p

Niraj

I kind of wish the circle pad was the same color too :p

I also ordered the AC games case. Wasn't really doing anything with the coins anyway.

Any advice on someone who might be tempted to buy the game? I have never played an AC game before although I am a huge Nintendo fan and I have played more or less the majority of their good games.

Without knowing I always thought that it would be something with no actual purpose, just doing fun things to kill your time, without getting any sense of progression. How is it and how do players who are into more hardcore gaming find it? Can it be fun for everyone or is it too casual?
I would appreciate it if someone who thought the same things more or less has any kind of valuable insight to offer.

Since nobody responded to you yet: the sense of progression in this game is what you make of it. There's an achievement system of sorts for certain milestones (spend x amount of money, catch y amount of fish, send z amount of letters, etc). You can shape your town and expand your house, or you can ignore those things. Maybe you want to complete the museum (art, fossils, bugs, fish). Or you can ignore that too. There are minigames on the island that you can play as well. It really depends on your own interests, and it's impossible for one to comment on what you do, since you can basically just dick around to your heart's content. I have a hard time coming to terms with your statement of "no actual purpose, just doing fun things to kill your time" since that's effectively what all games are: entertainment mediums. Though perhaps you mean more like a story or set of objectives, which this is mostly devoid of.

It's certainly fun, and I think that anybody can get into it (the only other one I played was the Gamecube one, and I'm enjoying this one a lot more). I'm not sure what you consider hardcore gaming, but based on anecdotes from other topics on this forum, many, if not most, people easily get something like 80+ hours out of it, even if they don't care for it all that much, and you can easily get much, much more than that out of it. But again, it really depends on what you like to do.

Collete

I don't know if anyone has the problem but...
I was cutting unwanted trees in my town and I got a rare stump pattern (a butterfly), but now I can't dig that stump, but it's in the way of a bridge. =_=
Then I cut another tree the same day and got a citrus stump pattern, but I want to move it but I can't now!
All this from a normal axe too. Urgh.

Niraj

I was cutting unwanted trees in my town and I got a rare stump pattern (a butterfly), but now I can't dig that stump, but it's in the way of a bridge. =_=
Then I cut another tree the same day and got a citrus stump pattern, but I want to move it but I can't now!

What do you mean you can't dig it up? What happens when you try?

milkham

i've dug up plenty of special stumps, there shouldn't be a problem

Frogstep

I think he meant like, he doesn't want to dig up those special stumps because of how rare they are to get with just a regular axe. Can't bring himself to do it. :p

Frogstep

Does anyone have that Mario hat shaped 3ds pouch? Will that thing fit an XL without it being too tight or looking crammed in? I kind of need a pouch for mine and I got a few coins to spare.

Niraj

Does anyone have that Mario hat shaped 3ds pouch? Will that thing fit an XL without it being too tight or looking crammed in? I kind of need a pouch for mine and I got a few coins to spare.

One person in the Club Nintendo thread said he could stuff his in, while another guy said he did and it broke some of the stitching.

Frogstep

One person in the Club Nintendo thread said he could stuff his in, while another guy said he did and it broke some of the stitching.

Yeah I was afraid that it would be able to get in there but at the cost of fucking up some seams.

Thankfully I forgot that I still had this unopened in my closet.
nUDuhH0.jpg

Frogstep

I approve of that fix as mine is also on the same side. I like to get down with my funky self right after a chill visit to my museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom