• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

Seven months playing without a day missing. Yeah, I need help... :( :p

And my town has still not started perfect town status... Oh, well... Some day...

I got perfect town status a few weeks ago and this is like my 2nd or 3rd month playing the game...The hardest part for me I think was convincing myself to do public work projects, since I can't seem to like anything villagers suggest me.
"Oh let's build a tire toy!"
"NO WE NEED A HUGE CUBE FOR NO REASON"
...I just want a huge zen bell to ring in the town.

Koomaster

I was wondering when we'd officially evolve from OT to support group.

Welcome, Frodo. We know how you feel and most of us have been feeling it since last June. :)
The first step is admitting you don't actually need help.
The affection you feel for the game and your villagers is perfectly normal.

Neither of these guys were perfect :|
tumblr_mzkk0dzKoB1svm4v1o1_400.jpg

Aiustis

I got perfect town status a few weeks ago and this is like my 2nd or 3rd month playing the game...The hardest part for me I think was convincing myself to do public work projects, since I can't seem to like anything villagers suggest me.
"Oh let's build a tire toy!"
"NO WE NEED A HUGE CUBE FOR NO REASON"
...I just want a huge zen bell to ring in the town.

Same here. I finally got a few nice requests; flower bed and bench etc

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I do wonder if Koomaster is correct in assuming that it doesn't count island time. Did you guys spend a lot of time there?

Niraj

Another thought: time spent visiting others. Assumedly that wouldn't count towards that 500 hours.

You also have to factor in the time spent before Izzy actually sets you up for the day/session. That time adds up depending on how many times you start the game per day.

Not to mention alts if you have them.

Niraj

In case you didn't know, you're able to edit your posts. It'll say "edit" next to "quote" above your avatar on your post, and you can edit in stuff you forgot to say the first time, or stuff you just wanted to add in, and save it.

Koomaster

Another thought: time spent visiting others. Assumedly that wouldn't count towards that 500 hours.
That always made the most sense to me because the time badges all reference the village. Village Representative, Village Leader, Villager of Honor. It's a badge for you showing your face around your own town rather than a badge for how long you have played the game.

Niraj

That always made the most sense to me because the time badges all reference the village. Village Representative, Village Leader, Villager of Honor. It's a badge for you showing your face around your own town rather than a badge for how long you have played the game.

Yeah, makes perfect sense really.

Velcro Fly

I'm at almost 209 hours and no badge for 200 hours. I've wondered if it counts things like visiting others, having others visit, or playing on non mayor characters. Or even if sitting AFK counts. I know I've played most of my time single player offline but I have had a few sessions where I was playing my alt. Still I figured that I'd have that second play time badge sooner rather than later. I don't mind not getting it yet since I know I'll keep playing but i'm really curious about what counts and what doesn't.

Chopper

zlCfzRZFb9YAb43HOR

Vic's gone. :(

It surprises me how put out by it I am. It might have something to do with the impending resetting I'm gonna have to do to replace his house.

I'd rather get it over with, so if anyone has a neighbour in boxes, let me know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have Klaus moving in. Plonked his house in an ideal location so I'm happy. Finally another smug.

Bit annoyed I planted a red island bush in the wrong spot last night so I have to go back for another one. Never rush planting.

Today's fish is sea bass which should be easy. Hopefully I have group b items.

Just read that balloon tours don't count for the balloon badge. I've been ignoring balloon presents since finishing the balloon set because I'd been planning on doing that. :/

Sooo many...

Chopper

Just read that balloon tours don't count for the balloon badge. I've been ignoring balloon presents since finishing the balloon set because I'd been planning on doing that. :/

Sooo many...
The balloon tours fucking suck. Consider it a blessing. I must be pretty close to gold myself. Can't wait to ditch dat slingshot.

Wait a second. Why did all the leaves grow back on my trees? It is still the middle of January! Leaves shouldn't grow back until March at the earliest!

Koomaster

I'm at almost 209 hours and no badge for 200 hours. I've wondered if it counts things like visiting others, having others visit, or playing on non mayor characters. Or even if sitting AFK counts. I know I've played most of my time single player offline but I have had a few sessions where I was playing my alt. Still I figured that I'd have that second play time badge sooner rather than later. I don't mind not getting it yet since I know I'll keep playing but i'm really curious about what counts and what doesn't.
Playing with your alt wouldn't count since each character has their own individual badges. I have the 500hr one on my main, but my alts don't even have the 50hr one.

Visiting others and the island don't count either. Having others visit shouldn't be an issue but I don't know for sure and it would be hard as hell to test something like that. AFK probably counts, I don't think the game is sophisticated enough to only count the time when you are actively moving around.
The balloon tours fucking suck. Consider it a blessing. I must be pretty close to gold myself. Can't wait to ditch dat slingshot.
Real! The regular balloon tour is okay, but once they start adding pitfalls behind trees and such - ugh!

At least the gold balloon badge is only for 200 balloons instead of thousands like some of the other badges like the weed pulling badge. D:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Urgh, just as I suspected, with only sea bass being caught the game decided to make 43.something" the score to beat.

Annoyingly it seems I do have the B set but I'm only get two items (since that's the number of 43"+ bass I caught). Hopefully next month eh when you can win with the tiniest fish in the world.

Frodo

So, Robin is in first place with a ridiculous 46.25 inchers Sea Bass. The biggest one I ever caught as 45.something. Oh well... At least all this fishing made it possible for me to pay the expansion loan on the same day my house got ready.

Win some, lose some. :p

Roto13

So, Robin is in first place with a ridiculous 46.25 inchers Sea Bass. The biggest one I ever caught as 45.something. Oh well... At least all this fishing made it possible for me to pay the expansion loan on the same day my house got ready.

Win some, lose some. :p

Your fishing tournament is for all types of fish? Mine is just for fucking pond smelt.

So pissed off I just quit without saving.

Niraj

Got my last snowperson item today (sleigh). Might build snowboys again to try to get the bed, or maybe snowmen to help out people who are still getting bingo cards.

Do villagers ever ask guys any gender-specific questions? Mine (mostly the snooties and peppies, I think) ask about about hair and makeup sometimes and I presume there's certainly dialogue only female mayors/characters see.

Niraj

Do villagers ever ask guys any gender-specific questions? Mine (mostly the snooties and peppies, I think) ask about about hair and makeup sometimes and I presume there's certainly dialogue only female mayors/characters see.

My snooty villagers also ask me if I ever wear makeup, and how long my next haircut will be.

Niraj

I got a jellyfish lamp, so I'm on that list if anybody needs those. Fish is the horse mackerel, and my record is 16.75 inches atm. I'm going to be gone for a bit though, so it's possible it'll change.

Velcro Fly

Samson hosted my birthday party!

So happy :)

Just got my final bingo so I can stop building snowmen!

Fishing tourney is sea bass. Everything is coming up silkysmooth today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom