• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

I'm trying to turn my upstairs into Nico's apartment from Broken Sword 5. It looks very similar in all of the games but I'm going with the fifth since it's the newest. Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

Exotic Bed: I know there's a bed that looks more like it but this is all I have access to right now.
Classic Sofa: Looks close to the one in the game but I'm not sure if there's something better.
Ranch Table: This is currently in my kitchen. I like it there and don't want to have a double so I'm looking for something else that's similar.
Classic Chairs: I have four of them in my kitchen and don't want to use those so I'm looking for something similar with that as well.
Regal Wall Lamp x4: I'm thinking of adding two more, not sure yet.
Computer: Wanting to get some kind of stool for this.
Telescope: Using this in place of the camera on a tripod.
Sleek Wall: This is my current wallpaper and I'm not sure if there's a better one.
Common Floor/Cabin Rug: The cabin would probably be best is what I'm leaning towards but I think the red part takes up too much space.

That's all I have so far and am looking for suggestions. I plan on collecting some paintings to hang around the room as well. Here's a pic, by the way:

8SWrbkd.jpg

http://moridb.com/items/furniture/corkboard

Westraid

A bottle of vinegar could work as a wine bottle on the table, and one of the lost items is a book that looks a little like the one on the floor. If you find it, just keep it in your inventory and you can use it as furniture after a day or so.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pleasure. Though the box is for fishfish.
Doh. Wondered why you gave it to me out of nowhere.

Well I'll reopen my gate while I go brush my teeth if you want to collect it now fishfish. By the station.

EDIT: Afraid I'm going to bed now. Will try again tomorrow.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well this makes no sense at all. Flurry got first with an 18.40 inch horse mackerel, I got second with an 18.20, and Ankha got third with an...18.50 inch horse mackerel. I wish I had taken a screenshot but I didn't expect it and was mashing.

Maybe I misread, but I guess I'll see on the board tomorrow. I guess it could've been 16.50, but I was surprised because I didn't think I beat her number...

Finally got the final upgrade to Nook's.

Go upstairs, see the Gorgeous set, "Wow, this looks nice! I'll do a room with this set," check bed price, 300k, cries :(

Maybe if I ever feel like doing turnips again I'll make a Gorgeous set room hahaha.

Frogstep

Finally got the final upgrade to Nook's.

Go upstairs, see the Gorgeous set, "Wow, this looks nice! I'll do a room with this set," check bed price, 300k, cries :(

Maybe if I ever feel like doing turnips again I'll make a Gorgeous set room hahaha.

If you're patient enough you could wait till the end of the season when everything at Gracie's will be on sale. 15% off all items starting on the 15th, 30% off on the 21st, and 50% off on the 26th. :O

Got 3rd place in the fishing tourney with my 6.3 in. pond smelt (Curly got silver with a 6.35 in entry). That just leaves the silver fish and bronze bug trophies that I need to win

Niraj

Not even mad

zlCfzRZQVF4lntRYZy

It's interesting that the other four villagers there were all ones that were in their houses all day. Is it always like that?

Frogstep

Aw maaaan! I got a new catch that got me in third place 5mins away from the tourney being over.

I go into the tent once it's over aaaaaand...

zlCfzRZRJfw8821e1k

Why Pashmina... why'd you do me like that? ;(!

A bottle of vinegar could work as a wine bottle on the table, and one of the lost items is a book that looks a little like the one on the floor. If you find it, just keep it in your inventory and you can use it as furniture after a day or so.

Oh, good idea. I didn't even think about that. Not sure when I'll see a vinegar bottle again.

Some items off the top of my head.

P.S. Thanks Chopper for the surprise gifts.

Yeah, that sofa looks much better and I like all of those other pieces as well.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Elija2

Well this makes no sense at all. Flurry got first with an 18.40 inch horse mackerel, I got second with an 18.20, and Ankha got third with an...18.50 inch horse mackerel. I wish I had taken a screenshot but I didn't expect it and was mashing.

Maybe I misread, but I guess I'll see on the board tomorrow. I guess it could've been 16.50, but I was surprised because I didn't think I beat her number...

You clearly used your mayoral powers to squeeze ahead of Ankha. You would have cheated past Flurry into first place too but that would have made people more suspicious.
And also Flurry is too cute for you to wrong her.

If he dies of hypothermia it's all your fault.

Why Pashmina... why'd you do me like that? ;(!

It seems like everyone's villagers were ruthless this time. I guess all those times villagers asked me to catch a fish for them so they can examine it worked because now they're fishing masters. I need to stop doing them favours.

Frogstep

It seems like everyone's villagers were ruthless this time. I guess all those times villagers asked me to catch a fish for them so they can examine it worked because now they're fishing masters. I need to stop doing them favours.

I actually rarely ever do the fishing requests for my villagers cause before when I did it just made their houses into aquariums. :p

... I guess this is payback for not fishing for them? D:

I finally started City Folk! I got it during the height of my New Leaf obsession and finally got around to playing it.

Does anyone own City Folk and have any supplies they don't need? By a miracle from gawd, Jitters moved out of my New Leaf town and when I started City Folk...there he was! He's dying for a fossil but I can't find a shovel :-/

Niraj

You clearly used your mayoral powers to squeeze ahead of Ankha. You would have cheated past Flurry into first place too but that would have made people more suspicious.
And also Flurry is too cute for you to wrong her.

Or Flurry and I were in it together. And if we can rig a prestigious event like this, just think about what we can do to snitches.

Westraid

Oh, good idea. I didn't even think about that. Not sure when I'll see a vinegar bottle again.
I have an extra you can have if you want.

YQ5.jpg

Tough competition. Before lunchtime Pietro already got a 6.00 Pond Smelt, and when I beat that I thought I could sit pretty, but then Mitzi decided to stop being a hermit and I had to catch two 7+ fish to beat her. Should have put more effort in getting the fish furniture but on the other hand I don't really care that much. Maybe next time.

milkham

Lost first place to croque's 7.3 inch pond smelt, this pond smelt game sucks, i couldn't even get third place with my alt. looks like the silver trophy put me over the edge though, Phineas finally gave me the gold catalog badge.
zlCfzRZRoLgQZv_UCr

according to my spreadsheet i'm at 89.99 percent

anyone trading fish items? i'm looking for puffer fish tv and jellyfish lamp i have for trade

2 octopus chairs
2 flounder table
red snapper chair
dab table
marine pop wall

also have
common painting (for anyone who needs it)

snowman items i'm looking for are chair, clock, lamp, table, tv, wardrobe, vanity
i have for trade
snowman
snowman wall
snowman sofa

Lost first place to croque's 7.3 inch pond smelt, this pond smelt game sucks, i couldn't even get third place with my alt. looks like the silver trophy put me over the edge though, Phineas finally gave me the gold catalog badge.
zlCfzRZRoLgQZv_UCr

according to my spreadsheet i'm at 89.99 percent

anyone trading fish items? i'm looking for puffer fish tv and jellyfish lamp i have for trade

2 octopus chairs
2 flounder table
red snapper chair
dab table
marine pop wall

also have
common painting (for anyone who needs it)

snowman items i'm looking for are chair, clock, lamp, table, tv, wardrobe, vanity
i have for trade
snowman
snowman wall
snowman sofa
I have a spare clock, tv and vanity. Could use a snowman. :p

Frogstep

Oh wow. For 50% I think I could actually afford it :p

The only downside is that if you wait for the 50% sale to get the whole set you'll only have a few days to get everything before the month ends and the sale is over.

But I guess that's what AC Gaf is for: Find pieces you need. :p

Niraj

I'm waiting for the sale period so I can pick up the bed and counter to replace in Lionel's house. I mainly feel bad about the bed lol.

Frogstep

I'm waiting for the sale period so I can pick up the bed and counter to replace in Lionel's house. I mainly feel bad about the bed lol.

I accidentally made Pashmina replace her rococo bed with a balloon bed yesterday. I was mashing A to skip some dialogue cause she pinged me and I guess I just forgot what I was doing.

That bed in her house looks ugly as shit lol.

Velcro Fly

Won the fishing tourney again! My 46.95 inch Sea Bass beat Alice's 46.75 incher.

Also getting K.K. Birthday to cap off the day. Should be able to finish the CD catalog in the next couple weeks even with the worst luck of not having anything new in the store.

The only downside is that if you wait for the 50% sale to get the whole set you'll only have a few days to get everything before the month ends and the sale is over.

But I guess that's what AC Gaf is for: Find pieces you need. :p

Aww, yeah I guess you're right. Not sure why I didn't consider that :p

Maybe I could pick up cheaper pieces now as they become available and see if I can't get the more expensive ones during that time.

Niraj

I would if I had the space lol.

And ugh, forgot the bulletin board doesn't post records. Guess the Ankha mystery will never truly be exposed.

Velcro Fly

Perfect snowboy! 1 down, 14 to go!

It really helped taking my headgear off to tell in relation to my ears how big the snowballs I was rolling are.

SuperSah

Banned
So I finally go in an igloo, and wow, the lighting is amazing.

The bright orange from the cooking creates a seriously amazing glow on your face.

Really pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom