• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I hope I'm not the only one that struggles at making snowboys. I reset once just to practice after being "so close" the first time. Was "so close" the second time too. Still have over a month to grind out some perfect snowboys for that furniture set.

Is there a limit to how big a pond smelt can get for the contest? Currently holding 1st place at 6.85 in. and I'm holding on to a 7.30 in. just in case. My eyc. record is a 7.35 in.

Westraid

Omfg Chip actually ate the fish I gave him right in front of me. At least Nat is being discreet about it wtf.
He also doesn't give me anything for all the fish I gave him. =_=

EDIT: Oh wait he gave me a red snapper chair just now.

Frodo

Is there any difference, besides having to pay, from disposing rubbish in Re-tail or disposing it in a trash can at home?

Is there any difference, besides having to pay, from disposing rubbish in Re-tail or disposing it in a trash can at home?

Nope. Just the fee.

I hope I'm not the only one that struggles at making snowboys. I reset once just to practice after being "so close" the first time. Was "so close" the second time too. Still have over a month to grind out some perfect snowboys for that furniture set.

Samson hosted my birthday party!

The Snowboys turned out to be the easiest for me. As Niraj keeps reminding everyone, the head needs to be a bit smaller than you might expect it to be. Snowmams, on the other hand, were my weakness. I don't think I ever intentionally rolled a perfect one.

And have a very happy birthday. Hope it's a good one. :)

jts

...hate me...
Man... I'm so pissed about losing last night's save. Closed the 3DS and the battery ran out. I save often but I forgot :/

Lost my yesterday's progression:
-a new fossil (I only have like 5-6 left to find)
-new day of purchases at the flower shop (counting towards a golden axe/silver watering can)
-an axe, a number of my old dead perfect fruit trees chopped down and an orange patern
-a snowman and 2 bingo numbers

:/

Could be worse I guess.

At least today I won the fishing tourney with a 46.60 Sea Bass. And got a pair of new fish in the process (tuna and football fish).

Koomaster

My snooty villagers also ask me if I ever wear makeup, and how long my next haircut will be.
I think only snooty villagers will ask opposite sex questions like that.
My snooty villagers also send me skirts and dresses in the mail from time to time as well even though I am a guy. <___<;;;

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A contest of pond smelt? What is this crap? Oh well, anyone know how big they get? I caught one 7in and that seems pretty big to me for those things.

Frogstep

I got Sea Bass catches and already first place is at 42.65, what is this shit?! I'm catching 36-38's repeatedly. Why'd Jacques do this to me! D:

Dice

Also, how do you catch those bugs that roll snowballs? I always hit the snowball and miss them, and one time I waited for one to push it over the cliff and it immediately flew away once it did.

I got Sea Bass catches and already first place is at 42.65, what is this shit?! I'm catching 36-38's repeatedly. Why'd Jacques do this to me! D:
The biggest I have caught is 49.60 and I try to avoid them. Some people have caught over 50.

Koomaster

Also, how do you catch those bugs that roll snowballs? I always hit the snowball and miss them, and one time I waited for one to push it over the cliff and it immediately flew away once it did.
Have to sneak up to them. Hold down the A button and it will ready your net, then walk and you will start sneaking. When the bug (not the snowball) is in range, let go of A and it will swing your net. You want to aim for the bug, sneak up from it from behind.

Dice

Have to sneak up to them. Hold down the A button and it will ready your net, then walk and you will start sneaking. When the bug (not the snowball) is in range, let go of A and it will swing your net. You want to aim for the bug, sneak up from it from behind.
That's what I do, but the range difference is so ridiculously hard to figure I always hit the snowball, and I only spot one like twice a week and if I'm lucky I notice before I've scared it off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Haven't gone to the island for ages and today they have the rare sanshin. This is the first time I've ever seen it.

Velcro Fly

Just need a jellyfish lamp and my fishing set is complete! Going to spend some time fishing up Sea Bass in order to hopefully get one!

edit: where have all the sea bass gone :(

Velcro Fly

Ugh while I'm fishing up more Sea Bass Ricky takes the lead with a 45.80 incher. The three I have are all smaller than that. Damn! Time to dig deep to defend my fishing contest championship

Frogstep

The biggest I have caught is 49.60 and I try to avoid them. Some people have caught over 50.

I've definitely caught about the same whenever I'm out looking for new catches and those things just wanna get in the way. But now when I need them they're all stingy with the sizes. :\

Velcro Fly

Reeled in a 46.95 inch whopper.

Got the jellyfish lamp.

Chip loves me! :D

Now I guess it's fish for fun to maybe extend my lead and grind for that fish catching badge!

Frogstep

Still haven't managed to get anything bigger. On the plus side, I did manage to get into third place so hopefully I can stay there and knock out gettin that bronze trophy.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Right now I'm at 18.20 and Flurry is in first at 18.40. I have an 18.55 in my inventory too in case that number jumps up, but hopefully that's good enough to stay in second place.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A horned elephant for a preppy shirt? Sorry Static, despite being a shirt I can't get yet, that's not worth that amount of bells.

Besides, you'll probably just give it to me for free later on for no reason.

Niraj

I have a silver from the last tournament if you don't.

Well thanks :) you mentioned you were looking for the other list, is it this one: marine pop Wall, jellyfish lamp, octopus chair, flounder table, puffer-fish TV, red-snapper chair?

That's the one I have if you want to give it a shot. I've found a fair amount that were higher than Flurry's record.

Elija2

My villagers keep beating my records. This is the first time they've ever been so competitive.

Chip gave me 3 flounder tables today even though I don't have all of the fishing set yet. What's up with that?

Niraj

My villagers keep beating my records. This is the first time they've ever been so competitive.

Chip gave me 3 flounder tables today even though I don't have all of the fishing set yet. What's up with that?

It's like the Bug-Off, what you get is random. They don't give a fuck, they just want their next meal.

Well thanks :) you mentioned you were looking for the other list, is it this one: marine pop Wall, jellyfish lamp, octopus chair, flounder table, puffer-fish TV, red-snapper chair?

That's the one I have if you want to give it a shot. I've found a fair amount that were higher than Flurry's record.

Thanks, that's the list I had too though. Finally finished off the set.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, I'll open up but we'll need to go back to island for it since I only bought one myself.

Basil - Trefaur

Koomaster

Fishing Competition in my town was too close; couldn't squeeze into the winner's circle...

3rd...
tumblr_mzmdi6MReK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

2nd...
tumblr_mzmdlgdNuV1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

1st...
tumblr_mzmdjmKdhp1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

My last submitted horse mackerel was only 17in. ~____~;;;;
What is crazy is right before the comp. ended I got a 17.50inch one, but was hoping to beat first place. Thought my 17inch was at least good enough for 2nd.
Oh well, here is to next month's contest. :p

Sober

Somehow though I mostly ignored watering plants and pulling weeds the last week or so, I go talk to Isabelle and tells me for 15 days straight I have perfect town status so yeah, golden watering can.

I mean, I even let those Jacob's Ladders wither away on my (not) watch.

I'm trying to turn my upstairs into Nico's apartment from Broken Sword 5. It looks very similar in all of the games but I'm going with the fifth since it's the newest. Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

Exotic Bed: I know there's a bed that looks more like it but this is all I have access to right now.
Classic Sofa: Looks close to the one in the game but I'm not sure if there's something better.
Ranch Table: This is currently in my kitchen. I like it there and don't want to have a double so I'm looking for something else that's similar.
Classic Chairs: I have four of them in my kitchen and don't want to use those so I'm looking for something similar with that as well.
Regal Wall Lamp x4: I'm thinking of adding two more, not sure yet.
Computer: Wanting to get some kind of stool for this.
Telescope: Using this in place of the camera on a tripod.
Sleek Wall: This is my current wallpaper and I'm not sure if there's a better one.
Common Floor/Cabin Rug: The cabin would probably be best is what I'm leaning towards but I think the red part takes up too much space.

That's all I have so far and am looking for suggestions. I plan on collecting some paintings to hang around the room as well. Here's a pic, by the way:

8SWrbkd.jpg

Westraid

I'm trying to turn my upstairs into Nico's apartment from Broken Sword 5. It looks very similar in all of the games but I'm going with the fifth since it's the newest. Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

Exotic Bed: I know there's a bed that looks more like it but this is all I have access to right now.
Classic Sofa: Looks close to the one in the game but I'm not sure if there's something better.
Ranch Table: This is currently in my kitchen. I like it there and don't want to have a double so I'm looking for something else that's similar.
Classic Chairs: I have four of them in my kitchen and don't want to use those so I'm looking for something similar with that as well.
Regal Wall Lamp x4: I'm thinking of adding two more, not sure yet.
Computer: Wanting to get some kind of stool for this.
Telescope: Using this in place of the camera on a tripod.
Sleek Wall: This is my current wallpaper and I'm not sure if there's a better one.
Common Floor/Cabin Rug: The cabin would probably be best is what I'm leaning towards but I think the red part takes up too much space.

That's all I have so far and am looking for suggestions. I plan on collecting some paintings to hang around the room as well. Here's a pic, by the way:

8SWrbkd.jpg

What about getting the corkboard behind the bed?
I'm really curious how it looks, post up a screenie sometime! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom