• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Thanks so much fishfish! and my milkham bro too. :p

I kind of don't even feel bad taking this since this is prob one of the sets I won't ever get legitimately lol. Plus this shit's awesome looking. :)

I'm around now if you want to drop off the 7-11 set and get the painting.

Sure. Open up.

I kind of don't even feel bad taking this since this is prob one of the sets I won't ever get legitimately lol. Plus this shit's awesome looking. :)

If it makes all the "duping is morally dubious!" crowd feel any better, all I'm doing is setting a 0 to 1 in the "Does have 7-11 set?" portion of your games code. :p

Collete

Ok since there's some interested in the sets I'd prefer to just dupe them as we go for everyone, ie: after I drop it off you just end the session and I'll do the switch flick. If it works we both get a copy, if it doesn't you keep your copy because I already have enough in reserve.

Assuming you don't have a moral objection to duping because that is silly. We'll start with whoever replies first I guess.

I'm around now if you're still available

Yup i'm still around, but i dunno how this duping thing works, seems a bit complicated.
Gates open for you anyways.

We're down to the last set, so if we can dupe it that means some other's on here can get it.

After I arrive and drop the set, all you have to do is hit start and select "End online session" and leave the rest to me. If either of us loose the set we just have to do it again. Then just let me know if you still have the set after resetti shows up.

EDIT: Can't see your gate.

Roto13

I popped in Wild World for the first time in years and was kind of horrified by how bad it is compared to New Leaf. So slow and clunky and unintuitive. New Leaf feels like goddamn Bayonetta in comparison.

Fun fact: My character was wearing the exact same hat my New Leaf character is wearing.

So if I buy turnips will they go bad from me time traveling 5-6 hours?

Well I work often and the only time I generally get to play is after nine. So all the stores are closed and I just rewind the clock before I load my game up.

Hope that doesn't make me a horrible AC player :p

So if I buy turnips will they go bad from me time traveling 5-6 hours?

Well I work often and the only time I generally get to play is after nine. So all the stores are closed and I just rewind the clock before I load my game up.

Hope that doesn't make me a horrible AC player :p

No, it doesn't make you horrible. But turnips do spoil when you time travel backwards (though not forward).

Tuck

Welp, after 28 hours with the game, I'm quickly losing interest. Paid off my loan, got most of the major public works (Though my characters never requested any others) and made a mint off the stock market. Never really tricked out my hosue (Most rooms are empty).

Great game - a few issues but I definitely enjoyed it. Will probably keep playing for a bit more, but it looks like I'm done. Kudos to everyone here who found many more hours of enjoyment from the game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, I'm stagnating. I pretty much just grab fossils and water flowers daily. I already have so many fossils that I usually sell all or 3 of them, then spend some of that money on clothes to wear for nothing special and plants I don't arrange. I tell myself that I'll do landscaping and sort out all the flowers and shit into something beautiful, but I'm losing drive with it. I could build my house or something to get more storage but the fishing and bug catching for all that money got old. Redd only showed up once and sold me a fake, so my Museum won't complete till who knows when. I got two new villagers but one of my favorites tried to leave instead of the 3 fuckers I am cold to, so that doesn't make much sense.

With 17 other games wanting my attention this thing probably won't hold on because it doesn't move fast enough and I don't really play with others. Play time is 61.36, my most played game so far. It was enjoyable while I was working to form something (house main level, which is sweet) but that finished and I didn't want to start something new because the chores for gaining money got old since the discovery aspect of catching new species tapered off.

Velcro Fly

AC is the kind of game where I just sort of go off on a tangent doing certain things for a number of days. Lately it's been making snow people. Then there will be a few days I grind bug catching. Then some days I get good island tours so it's time to grind out medals for stuff. Other times I want to decorate or redecorate so I'm flip flopping furniture. I think trying to do everything at once would burn me out. Some days I do just walk around town, check shops, and move on and that's definitely fine for me. Some days I fish, bug hunt, talk to everyone in my town, and just hang out. Holidays and events are pretty fun too. Even if the game seems to be slowing down for you now, holidays and events are perfect times to jump back in and see what's new.

And while I say the word grind, it's never really that much of a grind. I'll maybe spend 30 minutes every day for a week making progress towards bug catching medals. Or I'll do some easy island tours for a little while to get medals. It's still fun, but in the grand scheme of things it's making progress to get Phineas to show up again.

suzu

Well you can always take a break. I've stopped playing for long periods and come back to it for short bursts of playtime (events/holidays). :p

Your town and most of your villagers will stay the same until you feel like playing again. They will just wonder where you've been and there will be a bunch of weeds growing. lol

If you care about keeping your villagers from moving out: just find the mover and either let them move out or tell them to stay. After that you save and can go on hiatus for however long you like.

Frogstep

I don't really play this game like I would any other game. I like to play this game while I'm doing something else (watching tv, etc.) or, as suzu mentioned, in short bursts.

This game definitely gets more active when there are special events going on and during the holidays. It all depends on how you choose to play the game. I've been playing this since launch and am definitely still loving my time with it. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just got my first gift. How many have they had so far? I just thought they came in the mail through spot passing.

From the post office? A new item rotates in on the 1st of every month. You can also go to Nintendo Zone locations and get an item while you're connected there as well (there's a picture at the end of the OP). Most, not all, of them can be ordered, so let us know what you're missing and we can help.

I tried catching up on my dream town visits tonight while I was playing Broken Age. It's kind of sad how many people are still saved in the summer. I legitimately want to see how random people's towns are progressing but the majority don't bother updating. I try to update at least once a week. :/

I'll probably leave it alone once I get my bronze dream badge at this point. I just want to fill my badge card in for each spot. The only other one I have to do is the island one. Which I've only done once.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I tried catching up on my dream town visits tonight while I was playing Broken Age. It's kind of sad how many people are still saved in the summer. I legitimately want to see how random people's towns are progressing but the majority don't bother updating. I try to update at least once a week. :/

I'll probably leave it alone once I get my bronze dream badge at this point. I just want to fill my badge card in for each spot. The only other one I have to do is the island one. Which I've only done once.

I thought the same thing :( I basically ended up skipping most towns that were in summer back when I was checking them out, even though there were a few who probably time traveled (tree size).

I wish I had something feasible for my last badge slot, but, alas, it's the streetpass one. Don't think I'll get that for awhile, if ever.

From the post office? A new item rotates in on the 1st of every month. You can also go to Nintendo Zone locations and get an item while you're connected there as well (there's a picture at the end of the OP). Most, not all, of them can be ordered, so let us know what you're missing and we can help.

Wow I missed out on 4 unorderable items :(

Action Replay time...
Just Kidding

milkham

I thought the same thing :( I basically ended up skipping most towns that were in summer back when I was checking them out, even though there were a few who probably time traveled (tree size).

I wish I had something feasible for my last badge slot, but, alas, it's the streetpass one. Don't think I'll get that for awhile, if ever.

send me your 3ds

milkham

As soon as I find a carrier pigeon trustworthy and strong enough.

OqnBwOE.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still just want to catalog them?
Sure. If time is convenient to you.

If they did, I never got one. You might be thinking of the kadomatsu? I got that one in a letter around then.
Ah, that must be it. I already had it catalogued from a previous cataloguing event and all I remembered was a kagamimochi is something the Japanese use for New Year making it an appropriate thing to send out during that time of the year since the letter did say something like that, but I see a kadomatsu is also used around that time of year.

I was going to play one of my three SMT or my EOIV But now its time to start AC:NL.... :\

To addicting! Today is my first time getting turnips! Kinda worried.

Zero_IYAD

You haven't built enough Snowboys. Keep building them and you'll eventually get everything. Not everyone receives the series in order like the Snowmam: duplicates are possible.
I've been building Snowboys since December!
I already got his set like twice! Yet he never sent me the head -.-
I just traded for the rest of the snowboy set on gamefaqs.

Now when I run past snowballs I'll take great glee it kicking them into trees.
I'll reach that level someday -.-

I still wanna catalog the whole Snowpapa/Dad/Snowman items too =_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom