• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

People have been complaining about it since it shutdown and you only now just found out? :p
I sort of noticed people complaining about it, but I thought that they were doing maintenance on it or something and that it would be back up eventually. So I didn't pay that much attention. :(

Guess you guys missed my post on the previous page that perfect oranges are on premium in my town today. My gate will be open if you want to drop by and unload.

Edit: I see now that BGBW already mentioned it a few posts up, anyway my gate is open.

Crap... just saw this. I'll pop by now if you're still open. :/ Work is being a wad of shiet to me today. :\

Wooo! Thanks again. Picked up some extra bottles of stain guard on the train trip home. Gonna need um!

I sort of noticed people complaining about it, but I thought that they were doing maintenance on it or something and that it would be back up eventually. So I didn't pay that much attention. :(

Yeah, I've been pretty pissed about it still. Was told to get over it but IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

Wolfe

Wooo! Thanks again. Picked up some extra bottles of stain guard on the train trip home. Gonna need um!

Haha gross XD

Since I'm not a big user (I still like checking all the notes I get just never get around to making many myself) of swapnote what exactly does the changes they made recently mean, anyone mind explaining this for me?

Elija2

Since I'm not a big user (I still like checking all the notes I get just never get around to making many myself) of swapnote what exactly does the changes they made recently mean, anyone mind explaining this for me?

Basically you can't send Swapnotes to other people over the internet anymore. So essentially Swapnote is useless now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I wouldn't have had much to sell yet anyway, unloaded the stash I had a few days ago in RPG Wiz's town.

Ah gotcha

Crap... just saw this. I'll pop by now if you're still open. :/ Work is being a wad of shiet to me today. :\

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Haha gross XD

Basically unless we walk past you and streetpass you, you'll never get another note from any of us again.

Frogstep

That really sucks. I really liked getting those Fire Emblem birthday updates from Katt and I was really enjoying suzu's Pokeblob drawings.

Wolfe

Well damn that is shitty, I didn't even send swapnotes through streetpass to my friends that I hang out with since I liked being able to just send them and not have to wait until I was nearby.

Seems odd to just gut the app like that out of the blue.

Niraj

That really sucks. I really liked getting those Fire Emblem birthday updates from Katt and I was really enjoying suzu's Pokeblob drawings.

Def. Also going to miss eighty(one)'s drawings (tri[cell]), all the AC updates, etc :( I feel bad for not responding as much as I was going to. And also for procrastinating about sending out my NNID

Marvie_3

Banned

Suzu's drawings were always awesome. :D

Diving can go to hell too. Caught all 3 of the "rare" crabs for this month yet I can't catch the supposedly common sea cucumber.....

Suzu's drawings were always awesome. :D

Diving can go to hell too. Caught all 3 of the "rare" crabs for this month yet I can't catch the supposedly common sea cucumber.....
If I recall correctly, they are a medium size shadow that is stationary, or moves very slowly.

Oh man... the Pokéblob drawings were amazing. SOOO damn cute.

I've caught ZERO crabs. Which I suppose I should be proud of...

... but I want my November catches, dammit!

Frogstep

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that enjoyed them. :)

These late night island beetle farmings are real relaxing. Going to be a big help when I finally start to place some PWP's around my town. Just waiting till I get the town full of frogs.

bjork

I finally got the matching wall/floor set from Pascal. I think I'm pretty close to having that whole collection, I'm thinking of making it my main living room and doing the mermaid set in the basement. Under the sea, you know.

Can't quite decide how to do my other rooms. I have one room with a full blue set that I'm customizing with ore as I find it (2 more pieces and I'm done), one room with a full sleek set, one room with the creepy set because I'm not sure what to put there yet. Then upstairs I'm doing a dinosaur model museum with the dig site floor and wall, glass cases for the models, and green furniture customized with ore (for now, I think it will get too full of dino stuff soon.

I kind of wish I had made plans for a kitchen/bathroom combo or something, but I live next to an ocean and you can eat fruit outside.

Mecca

Seems odd to just gut the app like that out of the blue.

I never used swapnote, but from what I've heard, it's a case of a few bad apples spoiling the whole bunch. People were swapping friend codes, possibly between adults and minors, and sending inappropriate material. If that were the case, it's better that they shut it down.

Animekatt

So I was down to 8 villagers. I was feeling good because I had room to finally get the animals I want. I had my streetpass for the game off, and I don't even take my og 3DS out of my house. So I was making my rounds this morning when I came across a new plot for a house. It was Cherry. She planted herself right on some tiles. If she would've just moved more south, she would have been in the same space as Rowan. I was pissed, but I cooled off quickly since I thought that this was my boyfriends favorite villager that left his place all of a sudden. He was so bummed that he was going to quit AC all together. Now I have his prized villager, and said to him that I will keep her as long as it takes until he cycles through new villagers so he could have her back. So I guess this is a bitter sweet story haha.

I'm thinking that she did indeed come from his town, but was maybe stored some where on the cart, so when the conditions were right, she was able to come to my town.

I guess a moral to this story is that even if you have streetpass off, and you're down to 8 villagers, someone WILL move in.

I will say that I'm soooooo glad it's her, and not someone repulsive like a Hippo villager, or a Kangaroo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never used swapnote, but from what I've heard, it's a case of a few bad apples spoiling the whole bunch. People were swapping friend codes, possibly between adults and minors, and sending inappropriate material. If that were the case, it's better that they shut it down.
[thread=710244]I wish it was just a bit of inappropriate material.[/thread]

I guess a moral to this story is that even if you have streetpass off, and you're down to 8 villagers, someone WILL move in.

The game forces a random ninth on you 3-5 days after you get down to eight. If Cherry came from your boyfriend's town (which is only likely if she left in the last week or so), she'll say so when you introduce yourself. If not, it's a happy coincidence. :)

A fitting response on Nintendo's part then.

Animekatt

Wow....

The game forces a random ninth on you 3-5 days after you get down to eight. If Cherry came from your boyfriend's town (which is only likely if she left in the last week or so), she'll say so when you introduce yourself. If not, it's a happy coincidence. :)

Oh, so that explains everything. Rowan left on the 2nd. I believe she left his town in early October, so that was a very happy coincidence. XD

Thanks for the insight!

Have a proper painting if anyone needs it.

Didn't do much this morning in the game, have been consumed by the Walmart.com implosion.

Koomaster

Speaking of animals moving, if anybody ever has Lobo moving from their town, keep me in mind. He's a blue cranky wolf and has been my neighbor through all of my AC games so I would like him to move into my New Leaf town as well.

Niraj

I can open up right now.

On my way!

Thanks maaaaaaaaan

Edit: Oh wow. Turns out I'm an idiot. I must have crossed off the wrong statue at some point on my list, I'm missing gallant not robust D: Marvie, if you're still around let me give this one back to you. I have no idea how that happened lol

Marvie_3

Banned
On my way!

Thanks maaaaaaaaan

Edit: Oh wow. Turns out I'm an idiot. I must have crossed off the wrong statue at some point on my list, I'm missing gallant not robust D: Marvie, if you're still around let me give this one back to you. I have no idea how that happened lol

K, I'll open back up. :lol

Thanks for all your hard work finding me that robust statue I needed, Niraj! :D

Niraj

After having nobody use the yellow bench I've had since...about the first week or so of the game, as well as a metal bench I've had for a couple months, I found both occupied today. I like the little happiness animation when you sit down initially.

Okay, let's do some cleaning:

Stuff I have for the taking:
*Wistful Painting (ab.aeterno)
*Scenic Painting (Koomaster)
*Solemn Painting (ab.aeterno)
*Graceful Painting (ab.aeterno)
*Heart Shades (Frogstep)
Pleather Vest
*Red Snapper Chair (Eli)
*Mini Butterfly Table (BPB)
Ultra Scope
Ultra Scope
Ultra Scope
Ten Billion Barrel
*Spiderweb Clock (Joe Prodigy)
Ultra Hand
Silver Bug Trophy
*Bronze Bug Trophy (Aveyn Knight)

Japanese DLC plant furniture: Sprout Table, *Sunrise Lamp (Eli) (Frogstep) / All reorderable)

Full patchwork furniture set (5 items / reorderable)

As well as a bunch of Nintendo stuff (Fortune Cookies)

Anything with multiple entries is because I have multiples. I may not be able to do the transfer now, but as long as you've requested it, I'll hold onto it until we can transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom