• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

One more perfect snowboy! I think I'll have enough time to make Snowtykes and get everything in one winter! Never thought I'd have a chance to do that but it's looking pretty good right now!

Velcro Fly

Having so much fun lately just doing mundane stuff like digging up fossils and watering flowers. Life has been a little stressful the past few weeks but this game is always there to calm me down and show me the lighter side of things.

If anyone would like another cranky villager for their town, please let me know. Chief is moving out on the 7th of this month!

Chief_NewLeaf_Official.png

Frogstep

Speaking of cranky villagers, just got the last cranky PWP from mine today. :D

With that one out of the way I think I'm only missing one or two now.

I didn't know that villagers can send you hybrids in the mail. They even mention that they grew it themselves, so it wasn't just a random coincidence.

Cool.

Insaniac

Hey guys, I've got a camper in my town today: Punchy. And I've got a space for him to move in possibly. Is he a worthwhile character? I already have a cat, Bob, which I kinda like.

edit: on a side note, I have a perfect orange for anyone who's native fruit is orange and needs one!

Hey guys, I've got a camper in my town today: Punchy. And I've got a space for him to move in possibly. Is he a worthwhile character? I already have a cat, Bob, which I kinda like.

edit: on a side note, I have a perfect orange for anyone who's native fruit is orange and needs one!

It can't hurt to have a new villager move into town. I think lazy villagers are pretty funny, and Punchy looks awesome.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Personality wise, he's the same as Bob, but Punchy is awesome. I would go for it. He was my favorite villager on the Gamecube one, but my friend stole him :( I still bring it up to him sometimes lol

You've kind of lucked out, since both of them are very popular.

I loved having Punchy in my town last year. :) As long as you don't mind doubling up on lazy cats, he's a great choice.

Insaniac

Cool thanks guys. ALso is there a way to get a villager to change his/her clothes, I don't like bobs pink shirt >.< I sent him one in the mail but he just displayed it in his house lol

Cool thanks guys. ALso is there a way to get a villager to change his/her clothes, I don't like bobs pink shirt >.< I sent him one in the mail but he just displayed it in his house lol

Sometimes it takes a few tries through the mail. You can also try carrying nothing but the shirt(s) you'd like them to change into and they might offer to buy or trade for one of them. It's kind of hit or miss with clothes and furniture: they make weird decisions.

Insaniac

Punchy acquired! Took a few games, and I already like him :3

now i need to get rid of Paula or Annalisa so i can have room to get Ruby back :(

Niraj

Punchy acquired! Took a few games, and I already like him :3

now i need to get rid of Paula or Annalisa so i can have room to get Ruby back :(

Just be aware that if somebody moves out and you want them back, 16 more villagers have to move out before you can invite them in again.

Redd has a fine painting for sale if anybody wants it.

Just be aware that if somebody moves out and you want them back, 16 more villagers have to move out before you can invite them in again.

Redd has a fine painting for sale if anybody wants it.

Yeah, I learned this the hard way. Will just settle with what I have and slowly let people go until I get both Peanut and Quillson back.

The cycle is a little daunting without time travel. I've played with the idea of trying to get back a villager I allowed to leave a few months ago but it would still take months to go through the full 16. It'd be nice to see that number reduced to a more manageable 10 for future iterations of the game. Unless they plan on making it easier to hold on to villagers.

Koomaster

Sometimes it takes a few tries through the mail. You can also try carrying nothing but the shirt(s) you'd like them to change into and they might offer to buy or trade for one of them. It's kind of hit or miss with clothes and furniture: they make weird decisions.
Just keep sending them the shirt you want them to wear, they will eventually put it on. But they do like displaying shirts around their home for some reason. ~___~

Be aware though that they easily change their clothes as well. Especially if another neighbor has you deliver a present to them and it's a shirt. So don't expect them to wear a shirt you send them for too long.

Collete

tumblr_n0hmqxt8Dj1si5npho1_400.jpg

Holy crap! I always thought it takes hundreds of hours to get a villager's picture!
So happy I got Boomer's first (besides Jingle) <3

tumblr_n0hmoyZUGn1si5npho1_400.jpg

tumblr_n0hmsiBPcI1si5npho1_400.jpg

On another note, I found a good way to stop missing bells from the bell rock from a video on Youtube by putting up bushes next to the rock like so. I could dig holes instead but looks nicer with bushes I think.

Collete

Thanks again for opening up! Bob gave me his pic (although I already have a bunch of his pics :p).

Aw nice! Well now you could sell it on gamefaqs for gold furniture or something lol.

Miranda says you're a pro listener, you're lucky. She barely compliments me!

Elija2

Aw nice! Well now you could sell it on gamefaqs for gold furniture or something lol.

Miranda says you're a pro listener, you're lucky. She barely compliments me!

Be happy if they aren't calling you a stump maker. You cut down a couple dead trees and suddenly everyone thinks you're a lumberjack.

Frogstep

It's Lily's birthday today! :D

E9MQB61.jpg

Look at that cute froggy and the adorable things she says! I got her a kadomatsu cause I thought that'd look nice in her home. :)

Collete

Be happy if they aren't calling you a stump maker. You cut down a couple dead trees and suddenly everyone thinks you're a lumberjack.

They were calling me stump maker awhile back when I was landscaping to put bamboo everywhere. D:

E9MQB61.jpg

Look at that cute froggy and the adorable things she says! I got her a kadomatsu cause I thought that'd look nice in her home. :)

Is that a robot frog in the background?

Niraj

E9MQB61.jpg

I think if I could have more villagers, I'd definitely try to fit in a frog.

Frogstep

I think if I could have more villagers, I'd definitely try to fit in a frog.

You should totally get Jeremiah at some point. I remember that miiverse post a little while back. :p

He's still one of the frogs I'm gonna be adding to my town, hopefully soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom