• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
You should totally get Jeremiah at some point. I remember that miiverse post a little while back. :p

He's still one of the frogs I'm gonna be adding to my town, hopefully soon.

I'm happy with mine though :p I think if I were to let anybody go, it'd probably be Jacques, but I've got a Pekoe waiting for me. Plus, trying to get all newbies this time around, and I had him on Gamecube. Love that little dude though.

Speaking of Jacques, he wanted me to give him some furniture, so I ordered him a standing spotlight, since he used to have two. So I remembered a bit ago, and booted up the game to give it to him (after saving and quitting a few times til he was out of his house so I wouldn't get what he was replacing). That's when he tells me he already has that item and wants something else -_- so I bought a bonsai that he put up in Re-Tail (which I had given him earlier) and gave it to him, and he gave me another pic as my reward. What a pain in the ass though.

Frogstep

The same thing happened with Jacques' spotlights in my town lol. And now it's happening with my Ankha and her two tiki torches.
She was trying to sell one of them at Re-Tail and I wasn't having none of that so I bought it back and sent it to her and the next day she was like "NOPE! I have, sorry." :(

It kind of sucks cause them have 2 of those items looked really cool in their houses. :\

Niraj

The same thing happened with Jacques' spotlights in my town lol. And now it's happening with my Ankha and her two tiki torches.
She was trying to sell one of them at Re-Tail and I wasn't having none of that so I bought it back and sent it to her and the next day she was like "NOPE! I have, sorry." :(

It kind of sucks cause them have 2 of those items looked really cool in their houses. :\

I wonder if you can just never get two back once one is gone. I think I had a similar issue with Tammi's two lazy-susan tables, though I admittedly didn't try too hard. You mailed them to her and she still wouldn't put them in?

Soleil's been running quite the racket in my Retail the past few weeks. She keeps putting up pieces of her exotic furniture until her house is half empty and I have to buy it and send it back to her. At which time, she puts it back up for sale. I think she's making like 5,000 bells a week off me.

Congrats! Being done with that otter was a big relief for me. Though I realize now I could have passed it much more easily if I'd waited until I'd acquired some of these rare/seasonal sets.

I wonder if you can just never get two back once one is gone. I think I had a similar issue with Tammi's two lazy-susan tables, though I admittedly didn't try too hard. You mailed them to her and she still wouldn't put them in?

Anecdotally, Lucky refused to put out his second pyramid despite sending it a couple times.

Congrats! Being done with that otter was a big relief for me. Though I realize now I could have passed it much more easily if I'd waited until I'd acquired some of these rare/seasonal sets.

Yeah, I pretty much just pulled all the fairy tale sets out of storage at the post office. Snowman and Ice made it pretty quick.

Now I just gotta move it all back in..

Frogstep

I got a letter back saying that they already had that item in their house. I even waited for them to be indoors to check if they displayed it or not but they ended up not having it out anywhere.

I only recall someone accepting a double item when Ankha sold one of her sphinx or pyramids. She's just wants nothing to do with owning a second torch though lol.

Niraj

Soleil's been running quite the racket in my Retail the past few weeks. She keeps putting up pieces of her exotic furniture until her house is half empty and I have to buy it and send it back to her. At which time, she puts it back up for sale. I think she's making like 5,000 bells a week off me.

Anecdotally, Lucky refused to put out his second pyramid despite sending it a couple times.

Yeah, Flurry has been returning some of her customized regal pieces :/

I got a letter back saying that they already had that item in their house. I even waited for them to be indoors to check if they displayed it or not but they ended up not having it out anywhere.

I only recall someone accepting a double item when Ankha sold one of her sphinx or pyramids. She's just wants nothing to do with owning a second torch though lol.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. She did the same thing with a pyramid with me and accepted it. Odd.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm just glad that the final HHA's award is just gold parts for your house since that's not something I'm interested in.

Sure. I'll try and remember if it happens.

Awesome, that would be most appreciated ^^

On the subject of golden house bits, I have the golden exterior at the moment, but it doesn't go well with my house. Now to wait an endless number of days until a more appropriate exterior appears...

Insaniac

Can you make a new snowman each day? Sometimes I feel like i can find one snowball but there is not second one anywhere and I give up trying

Collete

if i break one, am I screwed for that day then?

Nah, just enter someone's house or a shop or something and then a new snowball will respawn.

Also...Getting perfect cherries are driving me mad...I'm scared to ask help on GameFAQs for help since I hear horror stories of tree chopping, hybrid stomping and other crappy things from that place.

Chopper

Nah, just enter someone's house or a shop or something and then a new snowball will respawn.

Also...Getting perfect cherries are driving me mad...I'm scared to ask help on GameFAQs for help since I hear horror stories of tree chopping, hybrid stomping and other crappy things from that place.
For what it's worth, everyone I have ever dealt with on Gamefaqs has been totally charming, helpful and trustworthy.

The Bell Tree is a little less intimidating but still has a very active marketplace.

Insaniac

my cousin has perf cherries and I could get some from him and in turn give them to you if you're worried about gamefaqs.

on another note: I have two sets to give away because I want to clear out a room but I don't want the furniture to go to waste.

Regal set and Polka dot set

For the regal set i have: bed, bookcase, sofa, two lamps, chair, vanity, clock, armoire, dresser, table

For the Polka dot set I have: bed, lamp, sofa, table, low table, chair, closet, dresser, stool

everything in the polka dot set has been recolored

I don't mind giving individual pieces, but if someone is looking for the whole shebang I can give that too.

Collete

For what it's worth, everyone I have ever dealt with on Gamefaqs has been totally charming, helpful and trustworthy.

Really? Maybe I'm getting my information from the wrong sources then.

The Bell Tree is a little less intimidating but still has a very active marketplace.

Hm, ok. I'll try that place next time I gotta do some trading. (Sorry if I've been bothering people for cherries by the way...I realize I came off too annoying)

my cousin has perf cherries and I could get some from him and in turn give them to you if you're worried about gamefaqs.

on another note: I have two sets to give away because I want to clear out a room but I don't want the furniture to go to waste.

Regal set and Polka dot set

For the regal set i have: bed, bookcase, sofa, two lamps, chair, vanity, clock, armoire, dresser, table

If you could, that'd be fantastic, I'll pay you whatever I have :O
Can you PM telling me when you're ready to trade?

(I wouldn't mind taking the regal set if you want to give it away to me)

Insaniac

If you could, that'd be fantastic, I'll pay you whatever I have :O
Can you PM telling me when you're ready to trade?

(I wouldn't mind taking the regal set if you want to give it away to me)

no need to pay. I won't be off work for another 4 1/2 hours and then I need to get ahold of my cousin for the perfect cherry so I'll PM you after that. I'm EST time FYI and my FC is 4425-1562-4670

and yes you can have the regal set too!

Cheddahz

Banned
I managed to get a Pink 3DS XL for $35 this weekend and I picked up New Leaf along with it (since I've been wanting to play it for quite some time and I haven't gotten into Animal Crossing since the original one). Are there any tips that could help me out?

Niraj

I managed to get a Pink 3DS XL for $35 this weekend and I picked up New Leaf along with it (since I've been wanting to play it for quite some time and I haven't gotten into Animal Crossing since the original one). Are there any tips that could help me out?

This is a decent starting guide. The OP in the previous OT also has more sections devoted to beginners, so I would check that out too. Other than that, I would just ask, we'd all be happy to answer your questions :)

Cheddahz

Banned
This is a decent starting guide. The OP in the previous OT also has more sections devoted to beginners, so I would check that out too. Other than that, I would just ask, we'd all be happy to answer your questions :)

Thank you! It's been forever since I've played Animal Crossing (got the original one at launch and put about four years of my life into it), so I'm excited to finally try this one out!

Collete

Curious, but how did you manage to pick it up for $35? :O

789shadow

Banned
So after Dizzy declined my invitation to move in a few days ago, today I find a plot for his house right where Rocket's used to be.

So after Dizzy declined my invitation to move in a few days ago, today I find a plot for his house right where Rocket's used to be.

Quite a coincidence. Though for future reference, it's not unusual for campers to decline your first attempt at inviting them to move in. Sometimes it takes several tries but as long as you have space, they'll eventually agree. Just so you don't let a camper you want go by because they turn you down at first.

Hm, ok. I'll try that place next time I gotta do some trading. (Sorry if I've been bothering people for cherries by the way...I realize I came off too annoying)

Not at all. :)

bs000

Merengue moved out when I wasn't looking. Now I am sad. And Dierdre is still blocking the front of my house since day 2.

Elija2

I still have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know:

snail clock
mush chair
mush stool
mush lamp
mush end table
gold fish trophy
summit wall
music-room floor

Velcro Fly

Any tips for perfect Snowmam? I made one the first day of snow but I got really lucky and now that I need to make one I have no idea.

Also tips for snowtyke? I've seen pictures but comparisons to my person are appreciated.

celebi23

4Q3B57o.jpg

Hey guys, shameless plug. I need visitors so, I'm having a giveaway :D
http://www.reddit.com/r/ACTrade/comments/1x4now/lfvisitors_to_keep_me_company_during_my_snow_day/
Gates will reopen around 9pm EST

Yay! Finally got the gold badge for helping villagers!

Papi tried to leave. I told him that unless he wants to be exported to Canada, he needs to keep his ass in town.

Picked up a cardboard sofa. Looking to trade it for any of the sloppy pieces besides the stereo or dresser.
[url]http://www.reddit.com/r/ACTrade/comments/1x4now/lfvisitors_to_keep_me_company_during_my_snow_day/[/url]
Gates will reopen around 9pm EST[/QUOTE]
[s]Awww... I can pop by. Not worried about stuff. Just happen to be on now. Can't stay long but I'll look around.[/s]

Oh! I see how you're doing it now. Kinda like the controlled 'nip sales. I'll just pop by another time then when it's not so busy. I'm gonna close up my town for the night. :) Good luck hitting your train station goal!

Niraj

Any tips for perfect Snowmam? I made one the first day of snow but I got really lucky and now that I need to make one I have no idea.

Also tips for snowtyke? I've seen pictures but comparisons to my person are appreciated.

For the snowtyke body, it's just a small amount of rolling after you're able to roll the snowball with your hands. Snowmam head is slightly bigger than that, with the body being bigger than that, if that helps.

Hey guys, shameless plug. I need visitors so, I'm having a giveaway :D
http://www.reddit.com/r/ACTrade/comments/1x4now/lfvisitors_to_keep_me_company_during_my_snow_day/
Gates will reopen around 9pm EST

I'd be happy to visit sometime. Don't need a gift :) how close are you to the station remodel now?

Collete

Morning/Afternoon, folks.
Just noticed this:

tumblr_n0kxzdWYk91si5npho1_400.jpg

Do you see that uneven texture next to my character's feet and how it extends horizontally across the screen? Does anyone else gets this. I just noticed it and this bar of uneven textures occasionally travels across my screen...I looked up online but there was no results about it.

Morning/Afternoon, folks.
Just noticed this:

tumblr_n0kxzdWYk91si5npho1_400.jpg

Do you see that uneven texture next to my character's feet and how it extends horizontally across the screen? Does anyone else gets this. I just noticed it and this bar of uneven textures occasionally travels across my screen...I looked up online but there was no results about it.

I'm pretty sure it's a lack of Anisotropic Filtering. It's extremely noticeable to me when walking around (towards the camera.)

Insaniac

is there a trick to getting giant clams? couple days in a row i got 4 of em, now I cna't seem to find em at all and I want to make more music boxes!

is there a trick to getting giant clams? couple days in a row i got 4 of em, now I cna't seem to find em at all and I want to make more music boxes!

Keep clearing out the beach to encourage more to respawn.

Roost items aren't one time things, are they?

The coffee beans aren't. The other items are. Creating an alt and starting again is the only way to get more (short of trading on the Internet).

Anyone have the full kiddie set or close to it? I made an exact copy of Bob's house in one of my rooms on AC GCN and I'm feeling nostalgic and would like to do it again :)

Collete

I got a decreasing pattern in the stalk market...anyone have good prices for turnips today?

I got a giant clam from my beach if you're interested in having it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom