• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Please let me have B for my list. Please! :(

edit: Maaan! Looks like I got A again, motherffff... Oh well, still 3 more of these coming up anyway.

Also, if anyone gets/has the bronze fishing trophy I'd very much like to catalog it cause I don't think I'm gonna bother trying to get it anymore. Getting sniped out of 3rd with 5mins left to go last time kind of... :(

Checked in long enough to hand in a giant trevally that should secure first place and then quit until the tourney ends. Event day zombies pretty much kill it. Noticed I was back to peasant list A though so I'm glad I finished the set last time around.

Kind of interesting: Chip won't eat an oarfish. I wonder if that applies to any of the really big fish?

He didn't eat the whale shark I gave him once. Understandable because: leftovers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
First place again and I didn't even try this time round. Don't even know what I'm going to do with these spare trophies.

Velcro Fly

Silver shopping and catalog badge today!

Trying for a 2nd or 3rd place finish in fishing since I have the complete set and have won a few of these.

Blues1990

Would anyone happen to have the complete Astro Series furniture that I can purchase? I'm planning on building a retro arcade in my basement, and I felt that the items in that series would work best.

Roto13

I feel a bit bad about me losing my interest in this game. Though I guess it had to happen at some point :p

It seems like I'm always running into something to make me want to play it less. Snowboys being annoying to build. Fishing tourneys that only give me stuff from list A. Fishing tourneys in general. People moving without asking.

Linius

Yeah, if only I would be sure my village would stay as it is I wouldn't have to bother. I'll try the before mentioned trick though and say a few hail marry's in hoping my villagers stay.

suzu

I checked to see who was moving (Static, I said no!) and now I'm going to leave the game alone till Spring or whenever the next event is in. Also just got Bravely Default to occupy my 3DS. lol

Cheddahz

Banned
Nice ray of sunshine amidst the mass exodus. :p Glad you're starting out on a high note. You'll get to play a few fishing tourneys before it switches back to bug-offs during the summer months.

Woo (always enjoyed the fishing tourneys more than anything in the original)! I ended up winning and since on the first day, you don't really have much to do, I just decided to get some cherries (yes, my town carries cherries), sell them, bought the shovel and fishing rod with the money, and I just fished and dug up fossils for a while and started on the museum collection

Blues1990

Woo (always enjoyed the fishing tourneys more than anything in the original)! I ended up winning and since on the first day, you don't really have much to do, I just decided to get some cherries (yes, my town carries cherries), sell them, bought the shovel and fishing rod with the money, and I just fished and dug up fossils for a while and started on the museum collection

Interesting. My town provides peach trees, while Isabelle had provided some cherries for me to plant.

Velcro Fly

Got second in the fishing tourney so I'll have a silver fishing trophy!

Also going to see K.K. tonight to request the final song I need for my catalog. I needed two but was able to buy one of them earlier this week!

Been a pretty amazing week of making snow people, filling out my catalog, and getting badges!

My villagers haven't been asking me to do anything for them lately.

LET ME HELP YOU AND REWARD ME WITH SMALL PICTURES OF YOURSELF, THANKS.

bs000

Does anyone have some perfect oranges they would trade for perfect apples or some bells?

edit: Got some, thanks guys. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
My villagers haven't been asking me to do anything for them lately.

LET ME HELP YOU AND REWARD ME WITH SMALL PICTURES OF YOURSELF, THANKS.

Well, today might just be because of the fishing tourney. I didn't try after it was over, but usually they just fuck you over the whole day in that regard.

Cheddahz

Banned
Yeah they only talk about winning medals and reeling in big fish on these days. Arrogant pricks.

Same here and yesterday was my first day, so I wasn't able to do anything besides the fishing tourney and earn some quick money.

Anyways, just paid my down payment to Tom Nook and bought 4 batches of turnips. I'm currently charging my 3DS and I'm going to get the approval of my town hopefully this afternoon

Velcro Fly

It seems the fame has gotten to Willow. She won the fishing tourney yesterday. This morning I find a lost item. I've asked everyone else and they all say it belongs to someone else. I've looked everywhere in town. I've been on the beach, all around everywhere on main street and back again. Still can't find Willow. I now fear for the worst for sweet Willow. She was always a nice sheep. Certainly deserves a better fate than what appears to have happened. This is a huge blow considering O'Hare is moving out on Tuesday too.

Now that I've seemingly found Willow and she has told me this lost item isn't hers, I'm confused. All of my villagers who are awake have been questioned and all deny the lost item is theirs. The only option is Fuchsia woke up, dropped an item outside, and went back to sleep. Or maybe sleep walked to do it.

The plot thickens! It seems Fuchsia was awake long enough to insult Biskit's catchphrase (FrankerZ) so I had to come up with a new one to save his fragile psyche. I know one villager that is going to get a stern talking to in a few hours when I play again to give her this lost item!

Insanely busy morning in my town while I'm in a rush..

Lost item
Kiki wanted an ocean fish
Tammi wanted a time capsule buried
Dig up Kitts time capsule
Erik wants fruit
Had to buy a couple thousand bushels of turnips
Add in all regular chores

Jeeeeeze, AC takes over my life sometimes...

Niraj

I always find it a nice surprise when there's a piece of clothing for sale I haven't cataloged. Down to 29 left

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The whole neighbors moving out mechanic is annoying as hell. Not knowing which option will make them leave and which will get them to stay is frustrating.

The whole neighbors moving out mechanic is annoying as hell. Not knowing which option will make them leave and which will get them to stay is frustrating.

If you tell them to stay, they stay. Period. If you tell them to leave, there's a random chance they decide to stay anyway. Resetting (quitting without saving) can produce a different outcome.

In the next Animal Crossing, I'm really hoping they add an icon in the corner or something while looking at an item in the store that lets you know if that item is already present in your catalog.

I don't keep track of what's in my catalog and I find myself buying a lot of things because I'm too lazy to check if I've already had that item before :( Music especially.

Niraj

In the next Animal Crossing, I'm really hoping they add an icon in the corner or something while looking at an item in the store that lets you know if that item is already present in your catalog.

I don't keep track of what's in my catalog and I find myself buying a lot of things because I'm too lazy to check if I've already had that item before :( Music especially.

That would be really nice.

So I got the petition thing for the first time, I need to speak to villagers in another town, right? Can someone help?

Also have some items as a reward if needed
Wii Balance Board
football-fish lamp
sea-anemone bed
squid chair
marine pop floor

Oxx

I had to reload earlier just to make absolutely, 100% certain that Bubbles would give me the prompt telling me that she was about to leave.

Cheddahz

Banned
So I got the petition thing for the first time, I need to speak to villagers in another town, right? Can someone help?

Also have some items as a reward if needed
Wii Balance Board
football-fish lamp
sea-anemone bed
squid chair
marine pop floor
I can help you out! My friend code is 1220-7957-8577

Velcro Fly

Well I've put off making my little list of things to buy for hats, tops, dresses, and pants. Time to start working on that.

Also should make a list of items to buy from the island shop too. Will need to farm medals when I can.

Enjoying the game so much the past couple weeks! :)

Haven't been following all the AC forums as much the last week since I've got all the currently available items.

But I have gotten my full gold house now, so that's nice.

You've probably put those gyroids away long ago Chop but that's cool, I probably have most anyway.. :p

tumblr_n0nr1hrZJo1svm4v1o1_400.jpg

NOMCzh8.png

Best replica I can do on New Leaf of Bob's GCN house. K.K. Ragtime playing and all :)

Looks like the N64 logo isn't an item anymore unfortunately.

Oh man if I could load my GCN save into a future VC release of that game I'd totally start playing it again. One day I might buy another copy and a GC just to do that (held onto the memory card). So many hand entered textures..

p873r31.jpg

Would anyone happen to have the complete Astro Series furniture that I can purchase? I'm planning on building a retro arcade in my basement, and I felt that the items in that series would work best.

I can order them for you if you still need them.

I still have a 7-11 set for Krelian it they're around.

Also a dog lamp if whoever was collecting them still needs them.

Oh thanks. I don't have time at the moment but if you're available in around 11 hours from now I could pick it up :D I'm in Europe so it will be 8:00pm for me then. If not, maybe tomorrow is a better time?

Just post when you're about, I might be around. ;)

Still wish there was a statue PWP like the old statues from AC. Should have been the 500 hours reward or something.

And when did the default hats stop having horns on them?

Niraj

Never once have i ever seen on of my villagers sitting on a bench or tree stump, is there a reason like the placement?

Honestly, I used to think that. I have this yellow bench by a cliff on the southwest side of town, and I didn't see anybody sitting there for months. One day (maybe 5 months after I built it) I saw a villager there. I think it's just random :/

Never once have i ever seen on of my villagers sitting on a bench or tree stump, is there a reason like the placement?

I've found my most used benches and tree stumps are the ones located where villagers are usually hanging out. There's a bench between Flurry and Lolly's house where they're always wandering around and I find one of them on it a couple times a week. Benches seem to be more popular than stumps in my town though.

Collete

Premium item at my retail is coconuts if anyone has a load of them they want to sell.
Just ask and I'll open the gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom