• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

How unbalanced do I need to make snow people to get stuff from the snowtyke? I'm guessing just the smallest head possible for them all?

How unbalanced do I need to make snow people to get stuff from the snowtyke? I'm guessing just the smallest head possible for them all?

I found it was simpler to make the body the correct size (body dictates which person you're building) and then just make the head too big for the body. But you have to make sure you're getting the body right for that method to work.

Velcro Fly

I found it was simpler to make the body the correct size (body dictates which person you're building) and then just make the head too big for the body. But you have to make sure you're getting the body right for that method to work.

Yeah I think if they say something about almost being perfect it still counts as well balanced. I just made a snowboy who really gave me the business about being mediocre so hopefully that works!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I so wish Saharah wouldn't give you doubles until you got one of every design (3x Daisy Meadows :/ ). My alt is actually getting better stuff than my main.

In about 2016 I'll get the tatami.

ngower

Thinking about picking this game up again (long story short: forced to sell 3DS XL a few months back, recently bought a new one), but I have some questions/concerns:

1. I'm worried about not finding the early-goings interesting and being bored by the tedium of building up my town again (filling up my museum, upgrading my house, etc). These things can take up a lot of time. Is there any way to expedite some of the early goings so I can get closer to where I was in my old game? Or do I basically just have to grind/go through the motions again?

2. Are there any promotions/events I should know about?

3. Would anyone be willing to help fill my catalog/get me through some online stuff in these early goings?

And if there's anything else you think I ought to know, or any advice you might give, please do!

Thinking about picking this game up again (long story short: forced to sell 3DS XL a few months back, recently bought a new one), but I have some questions/concerns:

1. The only way to expedite the process at all would be time travel: playing multiple in-game days at a time. But even then you're going to have to find ways to earn bells: turnips (Reddit, in particular, seems to be reliable for finding good prices), island beetle hunting, or perfect fruit orchards. Other people can help you out with fossils and art for your museum but the bugs and fish you have to catch yourself.

Don't feel you have to grind though. That's a great way to burn yourself out on this game. If you want to catch some fish and donate them, good. But you shouldn't necessarily feel like you need to catch six months of fish in a short period of time.

2. We just had a whole slew of events from Halloween through New Years. Isabelle will be sending everyone a gift on Valentine's Day but other than that, it's just the monthly fishing tournament until Festivale. Thonky has a calendar of events you can check out. They also have a bunch of other information worth looking through.

3. We can help you out with that here. I'm certainly willing to help with catalog ordering. You can either ask here or PM me directly with what you need. :) (That goes for any of our newer members: if you want something, just ask.)

Besides possibly glancing at some of the past OTs which had more of the basic info still in the first post, asking us questions like this is probably the best thing you can do. The core group of posters here have been playing pretty much since launch and are always willing to help with information or in-game stuff.

ngower

1. The only way to expedite the process at all would be time travel: playing multiple in-game days at a time. But even then you're going to have to find ways to earn bells: turnips (Reddit, in particular, seems to be reliable for finding good prices), island beetle hunting, or perfect fruit orchards. Other people can help you out with fossils and art for your museum but the bugs and fish you have to catch yourself.

Don't feel you have to grind though. That's a great way to burn yourself out on this game. If you want to catch some fish and donate them, good. But you shouldn't necessarily feel like you need to catch six months of fish in a short period of time.

2. We just had a whole slew of events from Halloween through New Years. Isabelle will be sending everyone a gift on Valentine's Day but other than that, it's just the monthly fishing tournament until Festivale. Thonky has a calendar of events you can check out. They also have a bunch of other information worth looking through.

3. We can help you out with that here. I'm certainly willing to help with catalog ordering. You can either ask here or PM me directly with what you need. :) (That goes for any of our newer members: if you want something, just ask.)

Besides possibly glancing at some of the past OTs which had more of the basic info still in the first post, asking us questions like this is probably the best thing you can do. The core group of posters here have been playing pretty much since launch and are always willing to help with information or in-game stuff.

Fantastic! I had something like 60 hours into my old game, and thinking about going through that again is pretty daunting. Nice to know I've got help.

Elija2

So apparently not only will we get a chocolate cake from Isabelle on Valentine's Day, but a villager that we have a good friendship with will also give us a gift. I wonder who my Valentine will be.

Would have been cool if Valentine's Day were a more fleshed-out event where you go around giving everyone in town Valentine's Day cards. Instead there will probably just be a cut-out board in the plaza.

Also coincidentally enough, Valentine's Day marks the 250th day since New Leaf's launch in North America. We're almost halfway towards getting the biggest town tree!

Finding a lull again with playing. Been hopping on, check a few things, then log out. I blame Bravely Default now. Stupid shops won't upgrade themselves without the game running. Didn't help either I was not able to play most of the last week thanks to stuff.

Kinda bummed to miss out of the nip price earlier but I should be okay this week. Supposed to get a spike either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also coincidentally enough, Valentine's Day marks the 250th day since New Leaf's launch in North America. We're almost halfway towards getting the biggest town tree!
I can't even remember what my tree looked like before winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom