• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How would people feel about online only events? So basically one can only participate when the event is turned on from a central server meaning no one can time travel to it.

How would people feel about online only events? So basically one can only participate when the event is turned on from a central server meaning no one can time travel to it.

Going with the minority here and say I'd rather not have them. AC to me is much more casual versus stuff like Pokemon of which you'll have limited time to pick up stuff. I don't have time to go to some Nintendo Zone every week to pick up whatever new item Nintendo shuffled into our mail. =(

Robin64

Are the shops selling anything special right now for Valentine's stuff? I only ask because of a NoE Animal Crossing tweet.

@AC_Isabelle said:
Stock up on sweet stationary and thoughtful Valentines from Timmy & Tommy. #LoveNintendo

The mail we get from Nintendo already sort of does this. Regardless of whether your game is in February or June, you get some of the same mail. As long as they're minor, completely missable events, it wouldn't be too bad though I think it only serves to block out players unnecessarily: not just regular time travelers but casual players who might miss a day or two due to extenuating circumstances. If it's the major holidays we're talking about then definitely not. This game needs to be as open and inclusive to its players as possible—time travelers included.

I'd be more interested in them opening up access to regional DLC and items. That really needs to stop. Or at least make better sense. Nintendo, we have astrological signs in North America too.

Are the shops selling anything special right now for Valentine's stuff? I only ask because of a NoE Animal Crossing tweet.

No, nothing special in the shops. We get a couple items in the mail from Izzy and "Mom."

Robin64

When I see "LP", I automatically think of this:

record.jpg

Ahh, being old.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think I can deal watching someone else play this game for hours while I've been playing this game for hours.

Robin64

I don't think I can deal watching someone else play this game for hours while I've been playing this game for hours.

I have a pal that plays Minecraft endlessly. Pretty much his main go-to game now. To relax, when not playing Minecraft, he watches Minecraft Let's Plays. It does my fucking nut!

Collete

I dunno, it's interesting to see other people's towns develop and be shaped by other people. I go about building my town a different way than others. It's pretty neat from that stand point, in my opinion.

Robin64

I dunno, it's interesting to see other people's towns develop and be shaped by other people. I go about building my town a different way than others. It's pretty neat from that stand point, in my opinion.

I feel like the Dream Suite already offers a pretty good ingame method of doing that, mind. Though before the game came out here I did regularly watch Lin and Ko's playthrough of the Japanese version.

Cheddahz

Banned
Does anybody here have oranges? I could trade you some cherries for them (My FC is in my GAF profile and I'll be free around 2:15 PM EST)

Stat!

Haven't been on here as I had 8 villagers for a while.

To think.

I went from Angus, Elmer, Willow, Curlos, Cobb to Tutu, Kiki (Awesome), Allie, and now Pashmina! Huge upgrade.

I saw Willow on main street for the first time. What's up with that? She moved out but she's there? Should I not talk to her? (I only have 9 villagers).

Just got Gracie for the 4th time today. Still no police station but I'll build the reset center.

For trade (once I get 10 villagers): Wistful, Quaint, Proper, and Scenic Painting
Need: Fine, Flowery, Moody, Common, and/or Amazing Paintings. Also, Great, Beautiful, Motherly, or Gallant Statues.

I saw Willow on main street for the first time. What's up with that? She moved out but she's there? Should I not talk to her? (I only have 9 villagers).

There's a slightly confusing explanation for this in the OP but basically it's normal for some of your old villagers to show up. She's just visiting and it's fine to talk to her. You can't have a repeat villager until 16 have more left since that one did. The OP also explains the ways you can pick up your 10th. I just ignore all the ghosts who haunt my Main Street since they only say a couple different things.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
There's a slightly confusing explanation for this in the OP but basically it's normal for some of your old villagers to show up. She's just visiting and it's fine to talk to her. You can't have a repeat villager until 16 have more left since that one did. The OP also explains the ways you can pick up your 10th. I just ignore all the ghosts who haunt my Main Street since they only say a couple different things.

How dare you. Guess I'll edit that out since you stole my thunder.

Collete

Is it possible to have two genuine pieces of work in your town?
Cause I see two genuine pieces in Redd's tent or I'm just blind as a bat...

Stat!

Thank you. I'm pretty happy but I want maybe Chops and maybe Allie to move out. Just waiting for another igloo villager for now.

And just so I'm clear, I can't have Willow arrested and thrown in jail?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
zlCfzRfu4-MgfJkx5t

Oh yeah! First Blaire and now Bones. Seems my luck has finally turned. Got this as a result of just returning something from another villager so I guess I should thank Static for this.

Edit: Also I got another balloon dog lamp for ya if you're interested.
Oh cool. Want me to open up or shall I visit yours? If your after the new train station design I'm more than happy to contribute to the visitor count.

I skipped most of winter, but i've been around for the last week or so.

Got some feedback on my town, made adjustments to my paths to give better guidance. I find lots of people are unobservant. They want me to change my pixel art flower beds without ever noticing the art. Sillies.

Niraj

I skipped most of winter, but i've been around for the last week or so.

Got some feedback on my town, made adjustments to my paths to give better guidance. I find lots of people are unobservant. They want me to change my pixel art flower beds without ever noticing the art. Sillies.

Still have Pac-Man and the ghosts?

Collete

zlCfzRfu4-MgfJkx5t

Oh yeah! First Blaire and now Bones. Seems my luck has finally turned. Got this as a result of just returning something from another villager so I guess I should thank Static for this.

Oh cool. Want me to open up or shall I visit yours? If your after the new train station design I'm more than happy to contribute to the visitor count.

Sorry I completely forgot.
Are you still available? Uh...you can come to mine. I'll open the gate up.

Edit: gate opened

Niraj

Today's the birthday of the only AC dragon. I actually forgot to order him a present, but luckily Gulliver sent me a pagoda, which is one of Drago's favored items. It all worked out :p

zlCfzRfvR-8CPvhwKm

ngower

In light of yesterday's plea for help, is anyone around that could help me acquire any non-pear fruit, a watering can, an axe or a bug net? I've got the day off due to snow, so I'll be around for a while.

Ha, I got Drago too. Gave him a barbecue.

Oh ok, cool!

I have a robust statue and solemn painting in Redd's tent today then.
Just ask, and I'll open up to anyone who wants them.

Edit: Also I got another balloon dog lamp for ya if you're interested.

I need either of them.

In light of yesterday's plea for help, is anyone around that could help me acquire any non-pear fruit, a watering can, an axe or a bug net? I've got the day off due to snow, so I'll be around for a while.

I've got all the fruits except pear (I wanted to get all of them offline but it seems it won't happen), I can help. You can buy a watering can and bug net from Nooks/Leif.

ngower

I've got all the fruits except pear (I wanted to get all of them offline but it seems it won't happen), I can help. You can buy a watering can and bug net from Nooks/Leif.

I can give you a golden pear as well, if you'd like.

And yeah, I know they can be bought there, but I'm only on day two and it's a repeat of the shovel and fishing rod.

[EDIT] FC: 0877-1958-0430

[EDIT] Kept the gates open to no avail. I've gotta go grab groceries before the snow gets too bad, so I'm closing them temporarily, but I'll be back on in an hour or so.

Cross posting from the Nip Thread:

If anyone missed out on BPB's price yesterday, my nips are going for 362 until the end of today. Let me know if you're interested because otherwise my 3DS is going to be in sleep mode for Bravely Default. :) I'll check back occasionally.

Niraj

Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, and Blinky, yup.

I never had space for the other ghosts. Dang things Are huge.

Somehow I knew "ghosts" was wrong, but I completely forgot you had Ms. Pac-Man too, so I went with it. And yeah, they did take up a lot of space. Cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom