• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

I almost accidentally sold my cacao plant that my mom mailed me not knowing that it's unorderable. I like that the piece of cake that you got from Isabelle turns into a full cake when you display it in your house. :p
Same as the Birthday Cake and the Wedding Cake. Just don't accidentally eat it!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I almost accidentally sold my cacao plant that my mom mailed me not knowing that it's unorderable. I like that the piece of cake that you got from Isabelle turns into a full cake when you display it in your house. :p

Who was your valentine?

There's another shirt you can get from "Mom." I received two cacao trees and a spring shirt. Odd that they wouldn't ensure everyone at least gets the unorderable item.

Same as the Birthday Cake and the Wedding Cake. Just don't accidentally eat it!

I had to reset after one of my alts ate the cake instead of dropping it. Not surprisingly, your character looks very happy after eating an entire chocolate cake.

Chopper

There's another shirt you can get from "Mom." I received two cacao trees and a spring shirt. Odd that they wouldn't ensure everyone at least gets the unorderable item.

I had to reset after one of my alts ate the cake instead of dropping it. Not surprisingly, your character looks very happy after eating an entire chocolate cake.
I forgot about my alts. Sweet!

789shadow

Banned
I heard on Chuggaaconroy's Valentine's Day ep today that the villager that sends you a valentine is the one you're closest to. Is this true?

Elija2

Isn't your Valentine always a villager of the opposite sex? That would maybe explain why you got a present from someone who you're not closest to.

Niraj

Isn't your Valentine always a villager of the opposite sex? That would maybe explain why you got a present from someone who you're not closest to.

Yes it is.

I was still a little surprised about mine. I figured Flurry or Ankha would be a shoo-in. Guess I have an admirer :p

Sober

That's weird, I started up the game today after not playing it a while and someone new moved in - Cherry. She didn't replace anyone and no one moved out (I had 9 neighbours until then). I spoke to her and I think she got dumped on me through Streetpass?

Also I find it strange, wouldn't the game try to fill me up to have 10 villages asap? (isn't that the cap?)

Also I find it strange, wouldn't the game try to fill me up to have 10 villages asap? (isn't that the cap?)

The cap is 10 villagers but the 10th can come from a campsite invitation, an adoption from another town, or a random wi-fi/Streetpass pickup. The game only forces villagers on you if you get below 9. There's a slightly longer explanation in the OP if I missed something.

Sober

The cap is 10 villagers but the 10th can come from a campsite invitation, an adoption from another town, or a random wi-fi/Streetpass pickup. The game only forces villagers on you if you get below 9. There's a slightly longer explanation in the OP if I missed something.
Cool, I guess someone I streetpassed let her move out when I got her. That's cool. I like the original nine I have, not sure if I should be more picky about the tenth though ;)

Velcro Fly

Figured out from searching around GameFAQs and eventually google image search that an unbalanced Snowmam is just one with a massive head and the right size body. That seems remarkably easy all things considered. Can't believe in a few days I will have all four sets of items completed. I thought it would take me two winters!

-Setsuna-

I recommend 3000-0575-9957 as mentioned above. It's very well put together in terms of a theme.
1600-1372-1519
7900-3285-6095
8900-1012-1639
5400-2839-9548
5900-2159-8876
Hopefully these are all still valid. I keep a list so I don't make repeat visits and asterisk the ones I like best. Could probably post more if you like any of these.
My own dream still has a puzzle. Tested solvable.
You start by talking.
4400-2319-4679
012ezcmx.jpg

Linius

There was a gift yesterday for valentine's day? Guess I'll just TT one day back later today. I'm even missing the events now :(

Oxx

There was a gift yesterday for valentine's day? Guess I'll just TT one day back later today. I'm even missing the events now :(

I think it just shows up in the mail. I wasn't really paying attention. And I already deleted all my letters.

Question, I skipped the last couple of days, and I haven't played yet today, am I able to turn back my 3DS' clock a couple of days to be able to collect fossils and also whatever Valentines stuff I missed, without it counting as time traveling and suffering any penalties?

Niraj

I think it just shows up in the mail. I wasn't really paying attention. And I already deleted all my letters.

That's correct.

Question, I skipped the last couple of days, and I haven't played yet today, am I able to turn back my 3DS' clock a couple of days to be able to collect fossils and also whatever Valentines stuff I missed, without it counting as time traveling and suffering any penalties?

I wouldn't bother. The Valentine's stuff comes in the mail so you won't miss it, assuming you didn't have a ton of mail. And fossils you'll eventually be sick of :p I wouldn't sweat it.

Sober

Honestly after finishing the fossils I have maybe gone back to hunt for them maybe a handful of times rather than making them a priority anymore. It's easier to just get bells from beetles or something.

Niraj

Don't forget, the Gracie end of season sale starts today. 15% off. There will also be pieces of the Card series, and some new clothes available.

Hey Niraj.
I got an extra Boomer pic if you haven't already gotten a picture of him.
Do you want it?

Oh, thank you :) I have a couple already though. Appreciate it.

rataven

Wow, I have a full on blizzard raging in my town today. First time I've ever seen it snow so heavily. And I just sold my winter getup at Re-tail last week. *sigh*

Much like real life, it's starting to feel like winter'll never end.

Niraj

Wow, I have a full on blizzard raging in my town today. First time I've ever seen it snow so heavily. And I just sold my winter getup at Re-tail last week. *sigh*

Much like real life, it's starting to feel like winter'll never end.

Animal Crossing snow will be gone on the 25th at least :p

Stat!

So I got my department store today!

And I started building the reset centre. Had only 200k so I put it all in because I figured` I could go get more. As soon as I put it in, I turn around and Carmen recommends the police station! Finally!

For trade (once I get 10 villagers): Wistful, Quaint, Proper, and Scenic Painting
Need: Fine, Flowery, Moody, Common, and/or Amazing Paintings. Also, Great, Beautiful, Motherly, or Gallant Statues.

Frogstep

Well, looks like Pashmina is finally moving out on the 19th. I feel kind of bad since she was my Valentine yesterday lol. If anyone wants her just let me know!

Oh, and if anyone has any frogs moving out I would very much like to be told. :p

Someone take these away from me:
gongoid
quazoid
mini metatoid
mega strumboid
balloon TV
balloon dresser
Fi mask x2
Pikmin
exhibit-room wall
silver slingshot

Also, for the golden can you need to have a perfect rating every single second of those 15 days, or only when the days end? If the former I'll never get it, with all the item management I have to do it's impossible to have less than 10 items on the ground.

Frogstep

Does gracie actually give a discount on her end of season sale? just bought a gorgeous clock...

Yeah, it's at 15% off right now, I believe, and the discount gradually get's higher as the month begins to end. 15% off all items starting on the 15th, 30% off on the 21st, and 50% off on the 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom