• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anything that's not supposed to be on the ground is considered garbage and will affect your town rating if there's enough of it there. Fruit included. The more stuff lying around, the worse your rating will be.

I just did some testing on fruit. When I had the baskets down, no perfect town rating. When I dropped one of each fruit, I did have a perfect town rating. I'm inclined to believe that loose fruits don't affect your rating.

I just did some testing on fruit. When I had the baskets down, no perfect town rating. When I dropped one of each fruit, I did have a perfect town rating. I'm inclined to believe that loose fruits don't affect your rating.

I still question if that's true "if there's enough of it." A few pieces of furniture won't lower your rating either. But consider me publicly shamed for being incorrect. Apologies.

Niraj

I still question if that's true "if there's enough of it." A few pieces of furniture won't lower your rating either. But consider me publicly shamed for being incorrect. Apologies.

Well, in this case it's the same amount, unless they count baskets as "more?" I honestly don't know, maybe I should have dumped some more fruit on the ground. And nobody's trying to shame you :p don't be silly.

Collete

I have Katie. Can I offload her onto someone?

You can pop in, I'll be afk though

As usual, you can take anything at the station (or take em all, it doesn't matter) but not outside retail.

Edit: opened gate.

Edit: Also I just realized I gave Katie to you before Ankha moved in...It's the same damn Katie I tried to rid of!

Frogstep

I kind of want to get more Jacob's Ladders to line my pond, so it's good to know all I'd have to do is pick those up before I quit and hope for the best.

I have a similar idea but I had the same problem, not enough Jacob's. So in the end I just lined it up with black tulips. Those are found around ponds, right? I had nowhere else to put those things so I just stuck them there. They look kind of neat there. :)

789shadow

Banned
Did you talk to Ankha while you stopped by? How did she react? lol
She asked how everyone back in town was doing, and when I told her everyone was great, she was disappointed that they don't need her to be happy, or something like that. lol

I love what you've done with your town, though.

Collete

She asked how everyone back in town was doing, and when I told her everyone was great, she was disappointed that they don't need her to be happy, or something like that. lol

I love what you've done with your town, though.

Lol, that sounds like something a snooty cat would say haha

Thanks! Got rid of all the normal trees and replaced everything with bamboo. To me it feels a lot more natural and pretty.
But the problem is I have to keep digging all the shoots out which sometimes I have to dig 45 spots in one day. It's a lot less profitable than non native fruit trees or perfect fruit. (But that's why I isolated my perfect fruit tree to the edge of the map where it doesn't ruin the scenery too much)
But bamboo shoots at least sell for a bit at retail.

Niraj

I have a similar idea but I had the same problem, not enough Jacob's. So in the end I just lined it up with black tulips. Those are found around ponds, right? I had nowhere else to put those things so I just stuck them there. They look kind of neat there. :)

I think they usually show up on the cliff edges.

Elija2

I have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know:

red pinwheel
blue pinwheel
western desert
summit wall
music-room floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate
Bob's pic x∞

Lol, that sounds like something a snooty cat would say haha

Thanks! Got rid of all the normal trees and replaced everything with bamboo. To me it feels a lot more natural and pretty.
But the problem is I have to keep digging all the shoots out which sometimes I have to dig 45 spots in one day. It's a lot less profitable than non native fruit trees or perfect fruit. (But that's why I isolated my perfect fruit tree to the edge of the map where it doesn't ruin the scenery too much)
But bamboo shoots at least sell for a bit at retail.

If you put things around them, you won't need to dig shoots. I put pansies all around mine (2 spaces deep). But if you need them to sell, it's a different story.

Niraj

We'll just pretend that's a lie and they actually grow around ponds. I do have pink tulips surrounding the edge of a cliff by where I have my lighthouse. Close enough. :p

Oh I think I misunderstood. Were you talking about the tulips?

Collete

I have some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know:

red pinwheel
blue pinwheel
western desert
summit wall
music-room floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate
Bob's pic x∞

If you're ok with me taking your second music room floor, i'd be happy to take it again! And one Bob's pic if that's okay.
Do you need a Boomer Pic by any chance?

Is anyone in desperate need of a daisy meadow? I have two to give away.

Yes please!
I was looking everywhere for that floor.

If you put things around them, you won't need to dig shoots. I put pansies all around mine (2 spaces deep). But if you need them to sell, it's a different story.

Well I need the money so...Gonna let them all thrive. I mean it's basically like digging 10k-20k bells essentially.
And I don't really go to the island all too often, so I take what I can get =p

Elija2

If you're ok with me taking your second music room floor, i'd be happy to take it again! And one Bob's pic if that's okay.
Do you need a Boomer Pic by any chance?

Sure. And I don't need Boomer's pic, I only want to collect the pictures of villagers I've actually had. I just happen to have a massive excess of Bob's pics. :p

Let me know when you're around so I can open up.

Niraj

lol yah huh!

Quick reminder in case anyone missed it: I've got Pashmina moving out the 19th if anyone needs an Uchi. As far as Uchi's go, she's one of the cooler ones. :p

Oh, well those will show up by your other flowers then :p

Collete

Sure. And I don't need Boomer's pic, I only want to collect the pictures of villagers I've actually had. I just happen to have a massive excess of Bob's pics. :p

Let me know when you're around so I can open up.

Lol, what cat doesn't love his reflection.

I'll be around in about 20 minutes.

Edit: Ok I'm ready!

I got Zucker's pic today. 8 to go :(

I have perfect peaches (+ bell boom) on premium if someone wants to sell.

red pinwheel
blue pinwheel
western desert
summit wall
music-room floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate
Bob's pic x∞

Since I'll never get a Streetpass, I'll take your pinwheels if still available.

Frogstep

I need to update my main-room. It's still full of the Jingle furniture.

Mine has been full of the fortune cookie Nintendo furniture since the day I got this game. I've been way to lazy to actually plan my rooms. Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty horrible interior decorator. ;(

Oxx

Mine has been full of the fortune cookie Nintendo furniture since the day I got this game. I've been way to lazy to actually plan my rooms. Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty horrible interior decorator. ;(

I just turn around and walk out if I enter a streetpass house that is full of Karts and Metroids.

Or balloon furniture.

Haven't been on for a few days, sorry to those I have stuff for.

Krelian I still have that Astro set for you if you still need it. I'll add you and see if I can catch you when you're on next.

Also who was I holding that 7-11 set for again?.. :p

Collete

I'm sure someone could make a nice looking room with the balloon furniture...

I tried to make a good looking room with the balloon furniture...but it made me relive my fear of clowns once more, so now it's all going to retail =_=

Collete

Hey does anyone have better turnip prices right now or have an increasing pattern in their town?
I have a random pattern and turnip wizard is telling me to sell now. (which isn't much increase which is like 136 bells per turnip)

Edit: Also perfect cherries are premium in my town...that's not much help =_=

Hey does anyone have better turnip prices right now or have an increasing pattern in their town?
I have a random pattern and turnip wizard is telling me to sell now. (which isn't much increase which is like 136 bells per turnip)

We generally post our prices here or in the turnip thread as they come and Tuesday can be on the early side for a spike. When the infallible turnip wizard says sell now, he means if you're only using your own town.

Since turnip buyers/price checkers have thinned out so much around here, Reddit, The Bell Tree, and Tumblr (turnipspike tag) are pretty reliable places to check.

Chopper

We generally post our prices here or in the turnip thread as they come and Tuesday can be on the early side for a spike. When the infallible turnip wizard says sell now, he means if you're only using your own town.

Since turnip buyers/price checkers have thinned out so much around here, Reddit, The Bell Tree, and Tumblr (turnipspike tag) are pretty reliable places to check.
I just read your PM. Are you free? :)

Niraj

Does anyone want Katie? I also have a petition to get signed that I'm kind of conflicted about...

Also, I had no idea that your villagers could give you candy as a request reward.

Chopper

Does anyone want Katie? I also have a petition to get signed that I'm kind of conflicted about...

Also, I had no idea that your villagers could give you candy as a request reward.
I don't really want Katie, but you're welcome to drop off the precocious little bitch if you want to come get some signatures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom