• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off-topic, but I'm about to start Bravely Default, and I've seen a bunch of guys in my Friends List playing it.

How do I get you on my list or whatever? I know it uses community functions like AC . . .

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
A little off-topic, but I'm about to start Bravely Default, and I've seen a bunch of guys in my Friends List playing it.

How do I get you on my list or whatever? I know it uses community functions like AC . . .

It auto adds your friends that have it, you just have to select add friends in the save menu. Honestly though, the friend stuff doesn't add much at all. All it lets you do is summon a friend's attack once. They have to send it again if you want to use another one.

Edit: oh and you can also link to a friend to get access to higher level jobs ahead of time, but meh.

Niraj

Eight months of play and I just got my first Gulliver duplicate. I was really hoping the game would give me all the items before it started repeating. :(

You didn't need a shamrock clock did you? I just sold the one I got from Gulliver today :/ bad timing maybe

Collete

Moody painting is available at Redd's gallery today if anyone wants it.

Edit: Chopper the last shirt came in just now by the way.

You didn't need a shamrock clock did you? I just sold the one I got from Gulliver today :/ bad timing maybe

Oddly that clock can be ordered. Found one in the HHS and managed to get it that way.

I'll open my town up again in about a half hour while I'm working, by the way. Those extra things will still be in my plaza.

Niraj

Oddly that clock can be ordered. Found one in the HHS and managed to get it that way.

I'll open my town up again in about a half hour while I'm working, by the way. Those extra things will still be in my plaza.

Yeah, all the Gulliver stuff can be. She's stubborn though :p

Chopper

All the Gulliver bits are orderable.

Thanks for the shirt Collette. And thanks for noticing the change in my mii's appearance! It is to reflect the sheer magnitude (and colour!) of my facial hair irl.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought most of his things were orderable. I probably should have double checked before I cleared out my closet of his things...

EDIT: Oh thank goodness. I was right.

Collete

All the Gulliver bits are orderable.

Thanks for the shirt Collette. And thanks for noticing the change in my mii's appearance! It is to reflect the sheer magnitude (and colour!) of my facial hair irl.

No problem!
It looks good on your Mii I think anyhow, from what I can judge :p
Keep the beard!

Collete

Makes my Spartan Helmet look twice as good in StreetPass Plaza!

Lol.
Pudge just gave me a beatnik tee if you already haven't gotten it.
Do you still want it?

Edit: opened gate

Edit1: I'll be afk now though, so feel free to explore my town though. It's a bit of a mess and a WIP.

It auto adds your friends that have it, you just have to select add friends in the save menu. Honestly though, the friend stuff doesn't add much at all. All it lets you do is summon a friend's attack once. They have to send it again if you want to use another one.

Edit: oh and you can also link to a friend to get access to higher level jobs ahead of time, but meh.

Ok but the game is good right???

Niraj

Ok but the game is good right???

The battle system is great. The brave/default system is really simple to understand and fun to manipulate, and the various jobs (for the most part) have a lot of utility. The game itself falls off a bit after chapter 4 for reasons I can't really get into. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much, but I understand why a lot of people dislike it.

Outrageous slander. How dare you sully the not-so-good bluepolicebox name. (I just feel bad begging and inconveniencing.)

But, no, I didn't need the clock.

That Helix Fossil is making you crazy.

The battle system is great. The brave/default system is really simple to understand and fun to manipulate, and the various jobs (for the most part) have a lot of utility. The game itself falls off a bit after chapter 4 for reasons I can't really get into. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much, but I understand why a lot of people dislike it.

Ok cool. By Ch 4, if I'm already hooked, it's too late, so . . .

Collete

Dizzy just asked me for a stringfish. Good luck with that one, pal. lol

I found one this morning out of luck...
My luck always goes bad because I always keep running near a large shadow next to my river and always scare it on accident because I'm digging up bamboo or something.
But whenever I walk near the river I see tiny fishes I don't want to catch.
It's infuriating.

Outrageous slander. How dare you sully the not-so-good bluepolicebox name. (I just feel bad begging and inconveniencing.)

But, no, I didn't need the clock.

Hey I feel bad too.
But if someone wants to help, they aren't inconvenienced by it at all otherwise they wouldn't bother.
At least that's how I reason the plethora of hybrids I received by people here.

Elija2

zlCfzRiMTIoElrkOHu

This is the first time one of my villagers has ever straight-up disliked another villager. Usually they're all like "Me and so-and-so are great friends" or "I could get along better with so-and-so." And this is coming from Rosie of all people, one of my sweetest villagers! I wonder what happened between her and Deirdre.

zlCfzRiMTIoElrkOHu

This is the first time one of my villagers has ever straight-up disliked another villager. Usually they're all like "Me and so-and-so are great friends" or "I could get along better with so-and-so." And this is coming from Rosie of all people, one of my sweetest villagers! I wonder what happened between her and Deirdre.

Oh man... that's awesome. *giggles*

Oh! I finally grabbed Resetti's picture last night. That scamp has been avoiding giving it to me for months.

Elija2

Rosie's birthday is next week and I'm gonna assume that Deirdre won't be invited to her party.

I've got some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff let me know:

western desert
summit wall
skyscraper wall
sci-fi floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate

Rosie's birthday is next week and I'm gonna assume that Deirdre won't be invited to her party.

I've got some unorderable stuff to give away. If anyone wants any of this stuff let me know:

Bob's pic x2

Bob is never going to move to my town so I'll take his picture as a booby prize. I have an extra Kabuki, Goose, and Chadder if you're interested.

Elija2

Bob is never going to move to my town so I'll take his picture as a booby prize. I have an extra Kabuki, Goose, and Chadder if you're interested.

Sure, I'll open up. And thanks but I don't want any pictures other than the ones of my own villagers.

EDIT: Actually, just noticed that your town is open so I'll come visit you.

Can't play right now, but

1. Turnpis selling for about 430
2. Need a stack of 9 perfect apples/oranges/peaches (to give to villagers when they ask). Have 9 perfect cherries for trade.

western desert
summit wall
skyscraper wall
sci-fi floor
snowman sofa
slalom gate
Bob's pic

Bob's pic? Don't have those carpets/walls but have to keep Saharah visits exciting.

Velcro Fly

I need to start beetle farming or buying turnips to make money. Spending 500k a day buying stuff at Gracie's is going to bankrupt me sooner or later. But damn does the gorgeous stuff and card stuff look awesome!

Niraj

Oh shit, son! You've been called out for not resending an updated character!

I'm guilty of that too.

There's an ability from the merchant class called speculate that either does 200% more damage or 0. Milkham just isn't good enough to win the coin flip and was begging me to send it again so he could cheese the game.

To keep this actually related to the game, Jacques likes me a little TOO much...

zlCfzRiKmt4Kfuj1v6

Chanser

I need to start beetle farming or buying turnips to make money. Spending 500k a day buying stuff at Gracie's is going to bankrupt me sooner or later. But damn does the gorgeous stuff and card stuff look awesome!

Card furniture look great, but when you put it together it looks okay.

Finally got a pic of K.K.

Niraj

Card furniture look great, but when you put it together it looks okay.

Finally got a pic of K.K.

The coolest card piece is the tower. You can press A and it wobbles. Which sounds pretty lame when it's out there in writing, but there, I said it.

There's an ability from the merchant class called speculate that either does 200% more damage or 0. Milkham just isn't good enough to win the coin flip and was begging me to send it again so he could cheese the game.

To keep this actually related to the game, Jacques likes me a little TOO much...

zlCfzRiKmt4Kfuj1v6

tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

Niraj and Jacques sitting by the town tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes Isabelle gifting you the baby carriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom