• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

I coulda sworn someone had a Pashmina move from their town in this thread.
Cause one just magically appeared as my 10th villager.

Ah well...At least that means Agnes will get the boot eventually.

By the way this raises a question...How long does a villager remain up for grabs when they move out? I coulda sworn I heard Pashmina moving from someone else's town ages ago.

Yeah, maybe. He moved from Collete's town, though.

Huh?
I never had Chief <_>?

789shadow

Banned

By the way this raises a question...How long does a villager remain up for grabs when they move out? I coulda sworn I heard Pashmina moving from someone else's town ages ago.

Huh?
I never had Chief <_>?
Er............someone else's then lol

Know what's infuriating? The fact that I can NEVER get a goddamn camper to agree to move to my town, no matter what.

It does seem excessively difficult sometimes. Emptying your pockets of all items and bells plus denying their game requests can speed up the process a little but some personalities will still fight the invitation longer than necessary.

Westraid

Know what's infuriating? The fact that I can NEVER get a goddamn camper to agree to move to my town, no matter what.
You can avoid all the minigames stuff by emptying your inventory (bells too) or fill it with stuff they won't buy, like flowers etc. This way they won't invite you for the mini games and you can get them to move in much easier.

Roto13

You can avoid all the minigames stuff by emptying your inventory (bells too) or fill it with stuff they won't buy, like flowers etc. This way they won't invite you for the mini games and you can get them to move in much easier.

That's what I do and they still give me some crap about being attached to their imaginary town or whatever.

EDIT: Is it weird that I just got more excited over finding a nice shirt in a store in Animal Crossing than I ever have in real life?

Collete

Can I come to someone's town and get iconic clothes for Gracie's fashion check?

Edit: never mind. Blossom dress =|= blossoming dress apparently.
But i can order iconic clothes if you don't mind waiting a few hours?
But i don't have socks here unfortunately.

789shadow

Banned
Edit: never mind. Blossom dress =|= blossoming dress apparently.
But i can order iconic clothes if you don't mind waiting a few hours?
But i don't have socks here unfortunately.
If you could order them that would be great. I have to go to class until 5 anyway.

Frogstep

Oh god. What have I done! D:

She just moved out last week, so you might've gotten her from me when I went to get those croakoids from you yesterday. I had no idea you weren't at 10 villagers otherwise I wouldn't have risked passing her on to you. I'm so sorry. :(

Stat!

What?

I have Pashmina in my town, she recently moved in, and she is LOVELY. LOVELY.

Chops left a few days ago.I went from Chops, Cobb, Elmer, Angus, Carlos, Willow --> Pashmina, Beau, Kiki, Tutu, Ali.

I've got a perfect fruit/fertilzier question. Been trying to grow my first perfect fruit. Am I using the fertilizer wrong? I bury the apple and then the fertilizer next to it. A few days later? Nothing. I must have planted 20 trees by now with fertilizer. Even with two trees on either side of the fertilizer.

For trade: Wistful, Quaint, and Jolly Painting
Need: Fine, Flowery, Common Paintings. Also, Motherly, or Gallant Statues.

Collete

Also turnip prices are currently 463 in my town, I'll be open up.

I'll be on my alternate account: Kynareth.
Town name: Archa

Oh god. What have I done! D:

She just moved out last week, so you might've gotten her from me when I went to get those croakoids from you yesterday. I had no idea you weren't at 10 villagers otherwise I wouldn't have risked passing her on to you. I'm so sorry. :(

It's all right. I didn't really think of it =_=
Next time i'll take better caution in the future. In mean time I will enjoy my new goat villager. Never had a goat before.

Also I have a croakoid at the station, feel free to take it now since there's no risk lol

I've got a perfect fruit/fertilzier question. Been trying to grow my first perfect fruit. Am I using the fertilizer wrong? I bury the apple and then the fertilizer next to it. A few days later? Nothing. I must have planted 20 trees by now with fertilizer. Even with two trees on either side of the fertilizer.

Pretty sure fertilizer is just for flowers and doesn't affect trees. At least, I've never heard of it being used in that way.

Stat!

I'll be on my alternate account: Kynareth.

Do people still buy turnips? I haven't bought in a long time as I don't know if people still offer their towns up but I need to get up to 100 million for the ABD.

Pretty sure fertilizer is just for flowers and doesn't affect trees. At least, I've never heard of it being used in that way.

Oh damn! So perfect fruit are just random?

Collete

Do people still buy turnips? I haven't bought in a long time as I don't know if people still offer their towns up but I need to get up to 100 million for the ABD.

I still do anyways. I want to put up some more PWPs and get my alternate character's home maxed out.

Frogstep

It's all right. I didn't really think of it =_=
Next time i'll take better caution in the future. In mean time I will enjoy my new goat villager. Never had a goat before.

Also I have a croakoid at the station, feel free to take it now since there's no risk lol

I still should have mentioned that I just had someone move out lol. As far as goats go she's actually the best one, in my opinion. I've had her since launch so I hope you'll enjoy having her as much as I did. :p

I'll stop by in a few minutes to grab that croakoid from you in a few minutes. Thanks!

Elija2

The immediate change from snow to grass is kinda jarring.

EDIT: My Re-Tail has a premium on perfect apples. If anyone wants to sell any let me know.

Frogstep

Grabbed that croak from you, Collete. Didn't know how to thank you so I just dropped some paintings I had on me. Hope you don't already have those. :)

The immediate change from snow to grass is kinda jarring.

I thought the same thing too. Would have been nice if the snow started to melt away slowly over the week leading up to today.

I forgot I never turned my game off yesterday, so I walk outside of my home today and see all the snow still, and then there's a little cutscene thing, game saves, and now it's all green :p

I didn't have 2/3 of those paintings you gave me, so thank you!

Sure the gate's been open, come on in!

thank you so much, getting close to paying off my house.

also, I don't have bamboo in my town and its never shown up in the garden shop, can someone give me some or how does it even work is it like a tree you shake and sell to re-tail? You would think I shouldnt be asking this over 80 hours played in this...

Thanks for letting me sell! Made sure to leave ya a tip too. :)

Oh, and at least Pash picked a good spot to settle down. Loved your bamboo everywhere too.

also, I don't have bamboo in my town and its never shown up in the garden shop, can someone give me some or how does it even work is it like a tree you shake and sell to re-tail? You would think I shouldnt be asking this over 80 hours played in this...
I have some I can give ya. Are you around now?

789shadow

Banned
That's fine. They should be ready by 5 PM CT.

Edit: The heck. Ankha wants to move?!
WHY?! I've been so nice to her!
Cesar is moving out on Friday just a few days after he moved in. I don't think she wants to move because you've been mean to her or anything.

Collete

thank you so much, getting close to paying off my house.

You're welcome!

Oh, and at least Pash picked a good spot to settle down. Loved your bamboo everywhere too.

No problem! And thanks for the tip O_O
You must had a lot of turnips with you to give me that much of a tip! lol

And yeah, Pashmina picked the same spot Rocket was. So it's not too bad. At least not as bad as Ankha killing my flower patch lol.

Cesar is moving out on Friday just a few days after he moved in. I don't think she wants to move because you've been mean to her or anything.

Hopefully...But the trouble is...
I've been talking to her for hours...and she doesn't say anything about moving...
I talked to Agnes about it, she said she heard a rumor that Ankha was moving...But Ankha herself doesn't say anything...it's strange...

I have some I can give ya. Are you around now?

I can't get online until tomorrow, possibly even thursday with my schedule but that would be great really!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hopefully...But the trouble is...
I've been talking to her for hours...and she doesn't say anything about moving...
I talked to Agnes about it, she said she heard a rumor that Ankha was moving...But Ankha herself doesn't say anything...it's strange...

Save and quit until she's outside of her house and walk in front of her before anyone else, she'll ping and mention it, then you can tell her to stay.

Is it normal for all my villagers to either be outside or in their houses at this time of day? Usually about 4 are up on Main Street.

You will usually have at least 6 either in their houses or walking around your town at any given point, while the rest will be in some combination of 1.Ables' 2.Nooks' 3.Walking around Main Street 4.Museum exhibits 5.Re-Tail, and very rarely in Club LOL or the cafe. Depending on the time of day, it might seem like there are less walking around your town, but it's likely that one or more of your allotted villagers on that load-up are asleep. It's unusual to have all/most of them hanging around town, but it happens sometimes. It should be noted that the ones that aren't in your town at the moment can't give you any chores, though I think you can ask them about lost items, and people can also get petition signatures from them.

Aside from that, there will be up to 4 past villagers who have moved out who show up on Main Street, walking around or in Ables' or Nook's. This starts after your fifth moveout.

Collete

tumblr_n1krpu0G2p1si5npho1_400.jpg

I dunno...Shadow looks good in the dress...
He gave it back to me and said this:
Shadow: "I cannot live with myself"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since I can now get female haircuts I could probably make my character look female to trick random streetpasser* for about one second.

*if I ever get one.

Velcro Fly

I convinced Rolf to move in yesterday. He was camping in an igloo. Today he's still camping in my town, this time in a tent. I just thought that was really weird.

Collete

Save and quit until she's outside of her house and walk in front of her before anyone else, she'll ping and mention it, then you can tell her to stay.

It worked!
Thank you! I don't have to lose my pharoh kitty <3

Since I can now get female haircuts I could probably make my character look female to trick random streetpasser* for about one second.

*if I ever get one.

Your mii is already confusing, I don't think you have to worry about haircuts lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom