• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did I think that Dr. Shrunk was some kind of pig.

That isn't the case at all!
Br6sjJ9.gif

Awww... looks like these guys may no longer be found in the wild. :( That's sad...

Collete

I didn't know what the heck he was when he showed up at my door, I was honestly terrified. But apparently he's some sort of...salamander thing. I think.
Still find him weird, and not animal like to me.

Chopper

That one and the dolphin one especially.
Thanks for offering up your Curio the other day. Sorry I didn't get back to you. I went to London and appeared in a music video instead!

The Curio actually appeared in my Emporium today, so that's the Princess set done.

I've been concentrating on my alts' houses this week. Paying off their loans, expanding, and filling them. In accordance with my Wild World house, my rule is to simply display everything unorderable. At least furniture-wise. My house in Bongcock contained every single unorderable item in the game, but this time round there is far too much for one house. As a result each of my alts is required in order to fulfill the same objective.

Ned is a luchador who started off just hoarding the Sahara stuff and Perfect Peaches. He is now the proud owner of all the unorderable, shittier sets that I couldn't stand to have in my own house. Currently has Mermaid, Snowman, Balloon and Pavé sets on display. Will soon get Egg series. Bauer is a much cooler character who wears a sweet hat and houses all the Gracie items. I wish I could display all the Gracie outfits, but it's just not possible. Currently has full Gorgeous, Sweets, Princess and customised black Card sets on display, as well as a hilarious, sad-looking fifth room that only contains a naked mannequin and the sole Gracie item I earnt in a fashion check in the summer.

Still not entirely sure how I'm going to split the various event and special items between the three of us for show. Ned's having the fucking Katie items, that's for sure. But there's no way he's having the coffee items. But then, that's alot of table space... Speaking of which, has anyone got a spare Mermaid table they don't mind parting with? I think I need a second

I think I've spent about about 6 million over the last few days.

I fucking love this game.

My brain came to a brief but screeching halt at "Bongcock" and then again when I pictured Ned Stark sitting in a room full of that hideous Mermaid furniture. Thanks, Chop. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks for offering up your Curio the other day. Sorry I didn't get back to you. I went to London and appeared in a music video instead!

The Curio actually appeared in my Emporium today, so that's the Princess set done.

I've been concentrating on my alts' houses this week. Paying off their loans, expanding, and filling them. In accordance with my Wild World house, my rule is to simply display everything unorderable. At least furniture-wise. My house in Bongcock contained every single unorderable item in the game, but this time round there is far too much for one house. As a result each of my alts is required in order to fulfill the same objective.

Ned is a luchador who started off just hoarding the Sahara stuff and Perfect Peaches. He is now the proud owner of all the unorderable, shittier sets that I couldn't stand to have in my own house. Currently has Mermaid, Snowman, Balloon and Pavé sets on display. Will soon get Egg series. Bauer is a much cooler character who wears a sweet hat and houses all the Gracie items. I wish I could display all the Gracie outfits, but it's just not possible. Currently has full Gorgeous, Sweets, Princess and customised black Card sets on display, as well as a hilarious, sad-looking fifth room that only contains a naked mannequin and the sole Gracie item I earnt in a fashion check in the summer.

Still not entirely sure how I'm going to split the various event and special items between the three of us for show. Ned's having the fucking Katie items, that's for sure. But there's no way he's having the coffee items. But then, that's alot of table space... Speaking of which, has anyone got a spare Mermaid table they don't mind parting with? I think I need a second

I think I've spent about about 6 million over the last few days.

I fucking love this game.

Sure, no problem, figured you were busy. I just didn't know how busy. Sounds like a lot of work :p

Smilax

Collete tells me I should play this game more often. How can I get back to loving AC again. I got bored after 100 hours logged in.

Niraj

Collete tells me I should play this game more often. How can I get back to loving AC again. I got bored after 100 hours logged in.

Think about the aspects that you liked the most in the game when you were enjoying it, then set small goals related to those aspects. So maybe you liked gardening a lot. Maybe focus on getting more hybrids and redoing bits and pieces of your town at a time. Or maybe you want to get more badges. Pick a couple and work on those. Stuff like that. Definitely don't feel like you have to play 5 hours a day or anything either. That's the easiest way to get burnt out quickly. 30 minutes a day or even less is perfectly reasonable.

Smilax

Think about the aspects that you liked the most in the game when you were enjoying it, then set small goals related to those aspects. So maybe you liked gardening a lot. Maybe focus on getting more hybrids and redoing bits and pieces of your town at a time. Or maybe you want to get more badges. Pick a couple and work on those. Stuff like that. Definitely don't feel like you have to play 5 hours a day or anything either. That's the easiest way to get burnt out quickly. 30 minutes a day or even less is perfectly reasonable.

I did like badges and collecting furniture. I'll try that, probably start a new town though since I haven't played for a looong time. Thanks!

Neat! What band?
The people you StreetPass must hate you. "Check out all this cool shit that can't be ordered!"
Mine probably hate me for that too. I kinda stopped caring though. More than half of them look like they vomited the contents from Nook's for that week in their living room and left it. Now I just wanna see someone do something nice. I get jelly of the foreign items that are harder for us to get ahold of but I really can't be too mad.

Roto13

The people you StreetPass must hate you. "Check out all this cool shit that can't be ordered!"

Almost everything in my house is customized and can't be ordered, but I also have every single KK song on display, so they should still be pleased.

Chopper

Neat! What band?
A band called London Grammar. Song's called Sights. They're pretty great. Dunno if I'll make the cut, but if I do, I'll let you (and everyone else) know.

Almost everything in my house is customized and can't be ordered, but I also have every single KK song on display, so they should still be pleased.
Good point. I have a full set of streetpass balloons on display. Redeemed.

Roto13

Ok, I've been putting this off for ages. Time to start begging for art I need. Here's what I'm missing:

Ancient Statue
Gallant Sculpture
Valiant Sculpture
Famous Painting
Graceful Painting
Moody Painting
Nice Painting
Proper Painting
Scenic Painting
Solemn Painting

And I have spares of the following:

Basic Painting
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting
Calm Painting
Jolly Painting
Scary Painting
Wild Painting
Warm Painting
Dynamic Painting
Amazing Painting
Beautiful Statue

Elija2

Mine probably hate me for that too. I kinda stopped caring though. More than half of them look like they vomited the contents from Nook's for that week in their living room and left it. Now I just wanna see someone do something nice. I get jelly of the foreign items that are harder for us to get ahold of but I really can't be too mad.

My house is kind of a mess right now due to me filling it with perfect oranges (still waiting for a premium), but I do hope that StreetPassers are jelly of my in-home 7-11.

Velcro Fly

Orderable items refurbished must be worse since you are teasing them with items they could almost get.

I'm a huge jerk about it. I have two rooms that are refurbished, my upstairs is all the gold items, my downstairs is all the fishing items, and I have a final room that is a huge number of fortune cookie items. My main room is normally whatever holiday furniture which is sometimes able to be ordered and sometimes not.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I check every room even when I can guess most will be poor. Maybe I should review houses I come across some in lucky to even get one a week.

Koomaster

I'm a huge jerk about it. I have two rooms that are refurbished, my upstairs is all the gold items, my downstairs is all the fishing items, and I have a final room that is a huge number of fortune cookie items. My main room is normally whatever holiday furniture which is sometimes able to be ordered and sometimes not.
My house is a similar nightmare for streetpassers. Probably 90+% of the furniture is either unorderable or refurbished. One of my rooms has cabin furniture in it that is untouched and that's about the only thing in the whole house you could re-order.

Speaking of; streetpassed someone yesterday and every room in his house was cabin furniture. I thought that was pretty dedicated sticking to that theme for the whole house. That or he just hated everything else in the game.

Chopper

Ok, I've been putting this off for ages. Time to start begging for art I need. Here's what I'm missing:

Ancient Statue
Gallant Sculpture
Valiant Sculpture
Famous Painting
Graceful Painting
Moody Painting
Nice Painting
Proper Painting
Scenic Painting
Solemn Painting

And I have spares of the following:

Basic Painting
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting
Calm Painting
Jolly Painting
Scary Painting
Wild Painting
Warm Painting
Dynamic Painting
Amazing Painting
Beautiful Statue
I have a Gallant Statue you can have.

Also, if anyone has a QR code for a decent image of a gyroid, let me know. I need one for the signs in my museum.

Niraj

My house is a similar nightmare for streetpassers. Probably 90+% of the furniture is either unorderable or refurbished. One of my rooms has cabin furniture in it that is untouched and that's about the only thing in the whole house you could re-order.

Speaking of; streetpassed someone yesterday and every room in his house was cabin furniture. I thought that was pretty dedicated sticking to that theme for the whole house. That or he just hated everything else in the game.

lol, that's so odd.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OMG! I got a letter from Bonbon for her Birthday present three days ago but I never checked the present until now. Finally I got her pic!

Eww, Iggly has moved in. What have I done to deserve this.
Everything he says is going to sound sarcastic with his eyes rolling like that...

Ah the excitement when you have a free spot in your town and you also have a camper.
Oh the disappointment when it's no one you want. (Sorry, Gruff)

Oxx

I like the mystery of a new neighbour, but it's usually a disappointment.

I get most newbs from streetpassing so I'm already getting unwanted stock.

THANKS CHOPPER YOU ARE A TRUE PAL

zlCfzRmFHO8yWQ6l6V

How could you not notice that Michelangelo's David was wearing a towel? :p
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have one I can give ya. If I can have the beautiful statue, basic painting and amazing painting, that'd be great.

Edit: Oh, I forgot I had an extra ancient statue in my house I can give you too.

Niraj

THANKS CHOPPER YOU ARE A TRUE PAL

zlCfzRmFHO8yWQ6l6V

How could you not notice that Michelangelo's David was wearing a towel? :p

lol.

If you guys are not sure about whether a piece of art is legit, always try to sell it at re-tail. Reese will tell you if it's a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom