• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

How many gyroids are there in the game? Can you even fit them all into the four museum exhibits? Either way, definitely sounds like a pain.
There are 131. Which doesn't divide into 4. My Brewstoids are in Club LOL, which leaves 127. Divided by 4, that's 31.75 gyroids per room. Or 3 rooms containing 32, and one containing 31. 32 gyroids divided by 8 gyroids per row is 4 rows, which leaves space for rope partitions. But fitting each type of gyroid onto rows without breaking them up, and retaining a sense of alphabetical order is a complete nightmare.

I have successfully completed one room:

aIPznGe.jpg

W6SN4wd.jpg

Although it needs a potted plant, I feel.

Chopper

I like the sign telling people to turn the camera.
Thanks. Obviously, I initially wanted them facing the camera, which is fine in the top two rooms cos the door is at the bottom. Rooms 2 and 4 are a pain though, unless I wanted the gyroids facing away from the camera. The signs provide some consistency. Stiil a pretty messy solution though.

Edit: Now I'm thinking that I shoud have the gyroids facing the camera in rooms 1 and 3, and just using the signs in rooms 2 and 4. But that means reorganising a load I already had sorted! Limited pocket space and floorspace makes this alot more tiresome than it seems. I might leave it for the day!

Thanks. Obviously, I initially wanted them facing the camera, which is fine in the top two rooms cos the door is at the bottom. Rooms 2 and 4 are a pain though, unless I wanted the gyroids facing away from the camera. The signs provide some consistency. Stiil a pretty messy solution though.

Edit: Now I'm thinking that I shoud have the gyroids facing the camera in rooms 1 and 3, and just using the signs in rooms 2 and 4. But that means reorganising a load I already had sorted! Limited pocket space and floorspace makes this alot more tiresome than it seems. I might leave it for the day!

You've done a good job so far, Chopper. :)

Chopper

Oh my God, I was literally dreaming about gyroids last night. Finally got them all sorted but am awaiting museum themed furniture and potted plants to flesh out the decor. What would be sat on a table in a museum?

Tammy's moving tomorrow. Outtanowhere. Replacing her house is going to be an enormous pain in the ass, cos it sits perfectly in line with one of my main paths. I see much resetting in my future. Tammy fucking sucks though, so it's not all bad.

Also, get your golden rods people!

zlCfzRoJGGMgi5GFC0

Chopper

What do you need to do for the gold rod?
Catch all the fish and speak to Chip.

Also, I'm gonna post these just because someone somewhere might have use for them, and they represent the first things I ever created myself without using a QR code. After 750 hours I got that little tutorial you get when accessing new features!

EvOVkJr.jpg

sOrC3tg.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Today's challenge is the loach. Caught a load of 7.somethings only to find the record is 8.45. I found a 9.5 so I guess I'll just hand that over for one bit of furnture and call it a day. I really can't be bothered with such tedious tasks.

Westraid

Anyone happen to look for Orange Tulips, Blue Pansies and Orange Roses?
I'm kind of drowning in them but I feel like it'd be a waste to sell them.

Collete

*catches a loach, turns it in to Blathers, realizes she's missing the Giant Snakehead*

FUUUUUUUUUUU

*loses will to fishing tourney today*

Don't worry, I'll lose my will to do the fishing tourney with you! :D
(I was at a convention most of today...There was someone cosplay as Tangy which was impressive...just wish I had a better camera to take a picture of that...But didn't realize that was such a popular villager)

milkham

fuck chip and his flounder table tourney, does anyone have a puffer fish tv for trade? i can give you six flounder tables,

Frogstep

Well shit. Forgot today was the fishing tourney. I'm still missing the guppy so I'll just take care of that golden fishing rod in April. I really hope today wasn't the day Chip would have completed my fish set. D:

milkham

Well shit. Forgot today was the fishing tourney. I'm still missing the guppy so I'll just take care of that golden fishing rod in April. I really hope today wasn't the day Chip would have completed my fish set. D:

don't worry, chip's a jerk
what are you missing?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The wall, jellyfish lamp, octopus chair, flounder table, puffer fish tv, and red snapper sofa. Pretty much list B I think it was. I kept getting A for so long lol.

You still have two more chances before a bit of a break. Don't sweat it :)

milkham

The wall, jellyfish lamp, octopus chair, flounder table, puffer fish tv, and red snapper sofa. Pretty much list B I think it was. I kept getting A for so long lol.

i think i can give you all that, except the puffer fish tv, he gave me everything else and then just goddamn flounder tables after

Oxx

I had forgotten about Tom Nook's slow-ass construction work.

It's going to take weeks to fully-upgrade my alt's house for maximum storage capacity.

789shadow

Banned
OMG....
I missed her didn't i!?
Or is she in boxes today?!
She's in boxes today. Give me a time later this evening that you want to come get her so I can at least head to a Starbucks if the guy next door whose router I'm using at school isn't back yet today.

Westraid

I added you. What sort of quantity are we talking about here? I will make sure to have space in my locker if necessary.

13 orange tulips
8 orange roses
Also got a few black tulips and black lilies if you'd like those, but they are only about 4/5 each. I'll add you back and open my gates in a few. :)

EDIT: Town name is Andromea btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom