• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

Oh yeah.
Felicity is in boxes tomorrow I believe. Anyone want her? She was like my good bud, but gotta make room for the horses...If I ever get one lol
Felicity_NewLeaf_Official.png

789shadow

Banned
Oh yeah.
Felicity is in boxes tomorrow I believe. Anyone want her? She was like my good bud, but gotta make room for the horses...If I ever get one lol
I'll take her!

Also thanks for letting me pop over. I took the liberty of looking at your house. It's awesome.

But Ken's house is fucking creepy as shit.

EDIT: Also Collete, would you like my extra Phoebe's Pic?

Collete

I'll take her!

Also thanks for letting me pop over. I took the liberty of looking at your house. It's awesome.

But Ken's house is fucking creepy as shit.

EDIT: Also Collete, would you like my extra Phoebe's Pic?

Yey nice! I'll be available at aroud 5 PM CT tomorrow, is that a good time for you?

My house is in a work in progress, but thanks! The two side rooms are like empty but has good music lol.

Yeah...I dunno what the deal with Ken is. He always has creepy music on. He wasn't like that before. He was a cool Japanese gothic hen that wasn't creepy. Now he just turned weird.

And sure I'll take one!

789shadow

Banned
Yey nice! I'll be available at aroud 5 PM CT tomorrow, is that a good time for you?

My house is in a work in progress, but thanks! The two side rooms are like empty but has good music lol.

Yeah...I dunno what the deal with Ken is. He always has creepy music on. He wasn't like that before. He was a cool Japanese gothic hen that wasn't creepy. Now he just turned weird.

And sure I'll take one!

That time works great. I'll bring the pic with me.

milkham

I just turned off beautiful town so i can grow weeds in preparation for weeding day, maybe i should have done it sooner

Chopper

Gyroid Exhibit Room 2:

j4Y3IHU.jpg

My museum is complete. I've spent days and nights agonizing over how my Gyroid exhibit was going to look. I ended up just capitalising on the facilities available to me, largely because I simply don't have the storage space for the unorderable museum wallpaper and floor! I initially struggled with what furniture items I could use as museum paraphernalia, but I had a couple of brainwaves, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I might well be overlooking something, so I would love for some visitors to give me some feedback.

Pictured in room 2 is the only gap in an otherwise perfect collection of 8x4 rows in each room that fit behind a entire row of rope partitions. That gap seperates the Rustoids from the only single gyroid, the Droploid (Tall), which is also the only gyroid in the room that is "activated". You'll also notice (just) the Exit Sign, present in each room, a fire Extinguisher and a cunningly customised Flat Display Case.

Edit:

Room 1:

UECu8JU.jpg

Room 3:

6W0y9RN.jpg

Room 4:

hnyjfyZ.jpg

The Exotic Lamp is the only one that fitted my criteria. If there was a Minimal Table Lamp, I would use that, but at least the Exotic one looks.... museumy.

I really wish Museums were included in Dream Addresses.

Otherwise, it's been a pretty traumatic time for Buckland. Tammy's departure, and Ribbot's subsequent moving-in, has rocked the usually placid town to its core. Including Tammy, I've only ever had three villagers leave, since launch. And each time it has been a major event, as it involves some serious resetting to ensure that the new resident's house doesn't completely fuck with the town layout I've had instilled since very, very early on.

This time, I completely relocated my tenth neighbour, and as a result have opened up a huge chunk of town real estate that would otherwise be filled with a worthless little house. I think I have managed to squeeze in another PWP as well as an extra path that will open up Buckland in a previously unimaginable way. Sadly I'm 24 hours behind on my planning thanks to Isabelle insisting that standing out on the Plaza all day yesterday was more important than doing my bidding. Still, exciting times.

Elija2

I just turned off beautiful town so i can grow weeds in preparation for weeding day, maybe i should have done it sooner

But don't you get special PWPs if you have no weeds in your town by Weeding Day? The flower set looks nice, but I'd rather get the PWPs. At least the furniture can be duped and given away (not that I would condone such a thing).

gyroid museum stuff

Very nice! You really put a lot of effort into it. I also wish that museum exhibits would be included in Dream Addresses, but even if they were few people would probably look at them. Nobody ever visits the museum when visiting towns because it's so out of the way. It's a shame.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If you really want a table lamp, you could use an alpine lamp and use a customized pattern. Don't know if the overall look is what you wanted for your aesthetic though.

Chopper

Very nice! You really put a lot of effort into it. I also wish that museum exhibits would be included in Dream Addresses, but even if they were few people would probably look at them. Nobody ever visits the museum when visiting towns because it's so out of the way. It's a shame.
Or, because so few people put anything in their museum worth looking at. But now that I have museum exhibits worth sharing, I agree it's a shame!

Also, I'm with you on Weeding Day. I got the Flower furniture a long time ago, and it is admittedly awesome. But those exclusive PWPs... Ooh baby.

@Niraj: Yeah, I looked at that. A customised Modern Lamp would do it too, but I'd need my alt to take care of it, as I'm out of pattern spaces!

Elija2

Or, because so few people put anything in their museum worth looking at. But now that I have museum exhibits worth sharing, I agree it's a shame!

True. If the people that I StreetPass are anything to go by, even their own homes aren't worth looking at.

milkham

But don't you get special PWPs if you have no weeds in your town by Weeding Day? The flower set looks nice, but I'd rather get the PWPs. At least the furniture can be duped and given away (not that I would condone such a thing).

i figured i could just time travel a day to get the PWPs
is it possible to get the complete flower set in one weeding day?

Elija2

i figured i could just time travel a day to get the PWPs
is it possible to get the complete flower set in one weeding day?

It might be possible if you have a lot of weeds, but I believe you can also go to someone else's town and pull their weeds for pieces of the set. Of course, if that person cares about getting pieces of the set too then they probably wouldn't want other people pulling their weeds for them.

If we knew somebody that had an extra cart that wouldn't mind continuously time-travelling to spawn weeds and letting us into their town to pull them then we'd be in heaven.

MicH

You can get pieces of the Weeding set anytime, you just need enough weeds. I would definitely get the PWPs for no weeds

As usual, Liquefy explains it best in this thread on GameFAQs:

The twelve items available from Leif are divided into two groups: four items (let's call them Group A) that you can get from Leif in your OWN town and eight items (let's call them Group B) that you can get from Leif ONLY in another town.

If you pull ALL your weeds on the day before Weeding Day, your mayoral player can get the three Topiaries unlocked in your Public Works list, and all of your players can each get a random item from Group A. On Weeding Day, you can still visit other towns and pull 30 weeds to get items from Group B.

If you don't care about the Topiaries, then you can let weeds accumulate. Then, on Weeding Day in your own town, all of your players can each get a random item from Group A after all the weeds are pulled. You could let players from other towns visit to try to get Group B items (if there are enough weeds in your town). You can still visit other towns to get Group B items.

Independent of Weeding Day, Leif will appear near you house after 50 weeds have appeared in your town. You can play a weed-pulling mini-game. In this instance, after all the weeds are pulled, ONLY ONE player from your town can get a Group A item, but up to three players from other towns can get a Group B item (as long as they pull at least ONE weed (visitors do not have to pull 30 weeds in this instance)).

Also keep in mind: the more weeds you have, the more weeds your villagers pull.

gerudoman

Hi guys, I'm willing to buy some of the stuff I'm still missing:

Sloppy furniture (except for clock, sofa and bed)
Great Sculpture
Ancient Statue
Motherly Statue
Famous Painting
Quaint Painting
Moving Painting

I have some duplicate works of art and golden furniture in case you want to trade, but nothing too interesting. If any of you is interested, please shoot me a PM.

Robin64

Man, fuck Weeding Day. Another poorly done New Leaf event. Just spawn a hundred weeds on the day in our towns, and if we pick them all we get the stuff. Job done! Not this convoluted crap they expect us to do. Sometimes this game annoys the heck out of me.

Man, fuck Weeding Day. Another poorly done New Leaf event. Just spawn a hundred weeds on the day in our towns, and if we pick them all we get the stuff. Job done! Not this convoluted crap they expect us to do. Sometimes this game annoys the heck out of me.

I agree. The thought process used in coming up with some of these events just doesn't make any sense.

Niraj

You can get pieces of the Weeding set anytime, you just need enough weeds. I would definitely get the PWPs for no weeds

Definitely, that's why I had no qualms cataloging the set from you (or maybe kamikazekoala) back in the day :p

Pluck weeds before hand, get three PWPs. End.

And done. Heh. There's no fucking way I'm turning off beautiful town with all these flowers everywhere in mine. Can you get all three public works on your mayor though? Or will that require three characters?

Niraj

And done. Heh. There's no fucking way I'm turning off beautiful town with all these flowers everywhere in mine. Can you get all three public works on your mayor though? Or will that require three characters?

Seems like you get all three. We've still got a ton of time til that though, it's the last Friday in April if I remember right. We have April Fool's Day and Easter to worry about before then ;)

Seems like you get all three. We've still got a ton of time til that though, it's the last Friday in April if I remember right. We have April Fool's Day and Easter to worry about before then ;)

Well in that case, I've got nothing to worry about until after Easter. Awesome!

I don't approve of duping.

Except the weeding day furniture. It's beyond idiotic that people who love gardening have no chance of ever getting it, while people who don't care at all will end up with furniture that's probably not to their taste.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... I'll be on holiday during April Fools (shame since it means I can't crack a joke on GAF ;)). Hopefully I can find a bit of time to do the activity even if it is at night in the hotel room.

Maybe I should just not bother with changing the clock so it's still day in game during the evenings.

suzu

The weeding day furniture actually look cute, but I don't feel like doing all that work for it. So yeah.. just going to get the pwp.

Jacques is ninja moving from The Shire if anyone wants to take him. He's got everything in boxes already. I'll leave my gate open for a bit if anyone is interested, but i need to leave for work in about an hour and a half from now.
100px-Jacques_NL.png

Wait ACGAF gonna dupe for weed furniture? I want in, cause I will not turn off beautiful ordinance there's too many flowers now XD

Also currently on twitter they are live blogging Animal Crossing director's GDC speech, will probably be a good read when someone writes it up.

Roto13

Wait ACGAF gonna dupe for weed furniture? I want in, cause I will not turn off beautiful ordinance there's too many flowers now XD

Also currently on twitter they are live blogging Animal Crossing director's GDC speech, will probably be a good read when someone writes it up.

Apparently half of the dev team were women. That's pretty incredible when you consider the ratio of male developers to female developers in the industry.

Apparently half of the dev team were women. That's pretty incredible when you consider the ratio of male developers to female developers in the industry.

Yep that's a brilliant achievement to developer diversity, and I'm glad AC shows that these games can sell well than just the usual CoD chasers and such.

Image dumping from Gamasutra's twitter:
https://twitter.com/gamasutra
As well as Brian Davis .(Programmer at Next Level Games):
https://twitter.com/GameplayDev

Oh man, Wolfgang just pinged me and said that he was planning on moving away tomorrow. That was a close one.

Had that happened to me with Sterling yesterday XD, so close, so very close.

Animal Crossing GDC talk summary:
- nearly half of the dev team were women
- sold more than 7.3 million copies
- around 18% of 3DS owners bought the game
- the dev group encouraged all of its members to submit their ideas for what to include

- Ms. Ayogoku was the first female game designer at Nintendo EAD when she started just a few years ago
- She emphasizes that we need more female developers in the industry
- AC:NL was a big success in Japan and saw shortages at retail
- Suggests development was “smooth sailing” but it wasn’t without challenges
- After the Wii version, New Leaf had to address series fatigue
- Therefore the team remembered its core: “Animal Crossing is a communication tool”
- Like the Zelda team, Animal Crossing: New Leaf rethought the series’ conventions
- Communication was the common thread. It’s its core
- New Leaf didn’t have 11th hour stress at the end of development due to subdued pace
- In-game events helped team mood
- Aya Kyogoku recommends New Leaf to other developers if working on their games becomes too stressful
- The team communicated and celebrated with each other during development using themes from the game
- No matter your role, #ACNL team members were free to contribute new ideas for characters, furniture, etc
http://nintendoeverything.com/gdc-2014-turn-new-leaf-animal-crossing-photos-details/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom