• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm not the only one who's accidentally skipped through Gulliver's clues
more than once :(

Bad AC day all-around: I accidentally gave Diana a piece of rotten fruit (she did the angry dance for quite awhile) then thought I heard the sound of fleas on her and needlessly whacked her with my net. It's enough to get a mayor voted out of office.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Bad AC day all-around: I accidentally gave Diana a piece of rotten fruit (she did the angry dance for quite awhile) then thought I heard the sound of fleas on her and needlessly whacked her with my net. It's enough to get a mayor voted out of office.

How embarrassing.

Frogstep

You monster. What did Diana ever do to you. D:

I actually whacked Jacques thinking he had a flea on him too but it was just my imagination. But I would never give that bro rotten fruit. That's just harsh. :p

Collete

Now I have 9 villagers again...Now to just wait to for a horse camper or buy one (which I don't have much money for it...don't think 2 million bells will get me far.)...But I don't have any money to buy one just yet.
All the while I can't visit anyone or help anyone out! =_=
Ah, the agony.

Now I have 9 villagers again...Now to just wait to for a horse camper or buy one (which I don't have much money for it...don't think 2 million bells will get me far.)...But I don't have any money to buy one just yet.
All the while I can't visit anyone or help anyone out! =_=
Ah, the agony.

You don't need to buy villagers. Start following acnladopt on Tumblr, the Villager Trade section of The Bell Tree forums, and the AC: NL Villager Adoption subreddit (I saw 3 horses on the first page alone.). GameFAQs is generally a bad place to start: people pay more than market price for a villager they could easily get free elsewhere. Exercise a little patience and poke around, you can find the villagers you want without paying for them.

Frogstep

You don't need to buy villagers. Start following acnladopt on Tumblr, the Villager Trade section of The Bell Tree forums, and the AC: NL Villager Adoption subreddit (I saw 3 horses on the first page alone.). GameFAQs is generally a bad place to start: people pay more than market price for a villager they could easily get free elsewhere. Exercise a little patience and poke around, you can find the villagers you want without paying for them.

The Tumblr one is pretty cool. I might use that to find my last 3 frogs. :eek:

Collete

Edit: Huh...apparently you can get campers from other people's towns to move to yours...It's just very rare for it to happen...Maybe it might be useful if I ever get a frog here in town for you, frogstep.

Thank you so much, this will help a ton!

Niraj

Edit: Huh...apparently you can get campers from other people's towns to move to yours...It's just very rare for it to happen...Maybe it might be useful if I ever get a frog here in town for you, frogstep.

This isn't the case.

Niraj

No Gracie!!!
The time I don't want you here I have 9 villagers!
I shouldn't have let Felicity leave! Nooooo!
And I don't even have a camper either...

Really? D:
Darn...

D: sorry to burst your bubble, but didn't want you to waste your time. They'll never bring up moving if a visitor talks to them.

Oh, wow. This is quite helpful actually.

The Bell Tree forums are pretty neat, too. I've been a member for quite awhile although I'm not one of the most active of members.

Lucha giving me a second picture of him when I gave him a perfect fruit...

He's cool, although he's one of the villagers that I want to leave since he lives too close to my own house. :(

Edit: WTF, never made a double post in all of my years on GAF. Sorry.

Collete

Lucha giving me a second picture of him when I gave him a perfect fruit...

He's cool, although he's one of the villagers that I want to leave since he lives too close to my own house. :(

Edit: WTF, never made a double post in all of my years on GAF. Sorry.

AC:NL OT brings out the excitement in all of us =P

D: sorry to burst your bubble, but didn't want you to waste your time. They'll never bring up moving if a visitor talks to them.

It's ok...T_T

Does anyone know... if you update your dream when a camper in in town, will that camper will be there when the person visits?

No, the campsite is always empty in a dream. Like how Re-Tail and the Café are always closed. Too bad since it would look much better with a tent even if the visitor couldn't go inside.

Taichu

Started playing again after a little break, finished my fishing and diving collection. Looking to finish the rest of the museum...

I have a scenic and fine painting to trade, both should be legit.

Looking for the following paintings/statues...

Amazing
Common
Famous
Graceful
Jolly
Neutral
Perfect
Proper
Strange
Wistful
Gallant Statue
Valiant Statue

Collete

That moment when you're promised Julian on Reedit...only to realize they changed their minds and gave Julian to someone else....
And you TT'ed to try and get them what they want...auuuuugh....now i have to TT back to normal....

Niraj

You know what the worst part is?
Remember all that bamboo you saw in my town?
I cut it all down so I wouldn't have to constantly dig up shoots every day I TT'ed....so i lost my perfect town status for a mythical Julian....

What did they say to you after the fact? Demand restitution!

Collete

What did they say to you after the fact? Demand restitution!

Not much....just this, and not another word: "Unfortunately for you I got my Ankha already from another person :/"
And that was it. I was told I would get Julian if I get Ankha in boxes.
But then he all of a sudden said that...And I was like two weeks ahead in TT...I wish I can rate him down somehow ~~

Edit: I was the first person to offer up Ankha as well...Ah well, she's sticking around town more I suppose.

Frogstep

Not much....just this, and not another word: "Unfortunately for you I got my Ankha already from another person :/"
And that was it. I was told I would get Julian if I get Ankha in boxes.
But then he all of a sudden said that...And I was like two weeks ahead in TT...I wish I can rate him down somehow ~~

Edit: I was the first person to offer up Ankha as well...Ah well, she's sticking around town more I suppose.

That's unfortunate. Yeah I have a hard time trusting anyone except for AC Gaf especially if it's online. That's probably why it's taken me so long to get my frog town completed. :p

rataven

Uh oh. Someone named Diva is moving in tomorrow. They better not actually be one.

In other news, my Dream Suite is finally paid off (I decided to make my villagers contribute at least 25% to most PWPs. Makes things a little slow-going but they have to pull their weight somehow!) Really excited to go a-visitin' to all the interesting addresses I've been collecting and hopefully pick-up some good town design ideas. I've got work to do.

Roto13

Uh oh. Someone named Diva is moving in tomorrow. They better not actually be one.

1n5dVLy.png

Frogstep

Oh dear. Of all the frogs to get that one is probably the one you don't want. And that's coming from someone who worships the frogs. D:

I'd still like to have every villager pic of every frog so at some point I'm going to have to take her in. Unless I can get it from someone else..

Oxx

I know people have mentioned this in the past, but there is a large discrepancy between the number of hours played in the activity log and how the game perceives things.

213 hours played and no badge for 200 hours.

Niraj

I know people have mentioned this in the past, but there is a large discrepancy between the number of hours played in the activity log and how the game perceives things.

213 hours played and no badge for 200 hours.

Our general consensus was that it counts hours actually spent in your town. So no visiting/island time counted.

I'm surprised Julian is actually popular, maybe I should get some money from AC GAF when he wants to move away XD

But I'm basically this to the Villagers:
20140113_HNI_0084.jpg

Wait you have Julian??
Can I get him when he wants to move away?

I do have him, and if he does ask to move I can probably let him move to your village, better than losing him to the ether. Just gotta make sure I get another smug villager afterwards XD only one in the village after Zell left T-T.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So glad I'm happy with whoever I get. Honestly I'd rather experience new villagers than hunt for old ones.

Not been doing much the past few days. Need to consider a new project, but I'm off on holiday Monday so perhaps it's best to just stick to the daily few minute grind in the evenings.

So glad I'm happy with whoever I get. Honestly I'd rather experience new villagers than hunt for old ones.

Not been doing much the past few days. Need to consider a new project, but I'm off on holiday Monday so perhaps it's best to just stick to the daily few minute grind in the evenings.
As much fun Animal Crossing is, I'm slowly getting to the mindset of playing for the sake of stopping villagers XD and do the events. But that's what I'm basically doing now, 10/20 minutes grinds a day...

How's AC GAF's daily routine on New Leaf at this point?

rataven

oh no

i don't know whether to post a picture or let you find out on your own but you're in for a surprise

I am so sorry

Oh dear. Of all the frogs to get that one is probably the one you don't want. And that's coming from someone who worships the frogs. D:

I'd still like to have every villager pic of every frog so at some point I'm going to have to take her in. Unless I can get it from someone else..

You poor thing...I had a pink gorilla, a pink duck, and now I have a creepy pink rabbit in my town...but I rather have those than Diva.

Oh god, haha. I'm in for it, huh? I had no idea this Diva character had such a reputation. Now my curiosity to meet this reviled frog is killing me. Her picture truly is horrible.

Only plus side to her (temporary) residence in my town is that she set up shop in a perfect spot far away from my digs.

Niraj

As much fun Animal Crossing is, I'm slowly getting to the mindset of playing for the sake of stopping villagers XD and do the events. But that's what I'm basically doing now, 10/20 minutes grinds a day...

How's AC GAF's daily routine on New Leaf at this point?

Half an hour to an hour usually. Depends on what's going on. Could be a little longer if a villager wants to come over or whatever.

Half an hour to an hour usually. Depends on what's going on. Could be a little longer if a villager wants to come over or whatever.

Sounds about the same, cept I don't bother letting villagers come over just go to their house XD I don't wanna do a tour around my house X'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom