• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

You can pop balloons with a shovel, and eventually one of those balloons will have the silver (and later gold) slingshot. It's a hassle following the balloons to the cliffside so you can strike it with the shovel when it lowers, but it's a fix if you can't get a slingshot yet.

That's nuts. I will get on that.

Koomaster

Just had an idea I wish Nintendo would have thought about for this game. The Dream Suite should pay you more the more visitors you have. Maybe not a significant amount or anything crazy. But say a couple hundred bells extra every 10 people who dream about your town.

'Oh I see the number of people who have dreamed of Dansbury is now 30, because your town is starting to become popular, from now on you will receive a bonus 1,500 bells every time you update with the Dream Suite.'

Would give people an incentive to create a nice town and update their dream suites more. Maybe skew the random dreams to dream suites which have been updated recently.

Macka

So I'm not sure if this is entirely how it works, but if villagers are planning on moving out of someone's town, I could potentially entice them to move to mine, right?

In that case, if anyone has Rudy, Puddles, Knox or Violet moving out...let me know!

Anybody up for swapping mush items?

Got a spare dresser and bed and could do with a stool, TV or table : D

EDIT

Oh, actually, gotta go. Maybe later : o

So I'm not sure if this is entirely how it works, but if villagers are planning on moving out of someone's town, I could potentially entice them to move to mine, right?

In that case, if anyone has Rudy, Puddles, Knox or Violet moving out...let me know!

Only on that villager's last day in town when their house is all packed up. It's usually called being "in boxes." Presuming you have a vacancy in your town, you go and talk to the departing villager and they'll immediately say something about how they're moving but they don't know where they're going. You'll get a prompt giving you the option to invite that villager to your town and they'll show up the next day. It's very easy.

Elija2

Just had an idea I wish Nintendo would have thought about for this game. The Dream Suite should pay you more the more visitors you have. Maybe not a significant amount or anything crazy. But say a couple hundred bells extra every 10 people who dream about your town.

'Oh I see the number of people who have dreamed of Dansbury is now 30, because your town is starting to become popular, from now on you will receive a bonus 1,500 bells every time you update with the Dream Suite.'

Would give people an incentive to create a nice town and update their dream suites more. Maybe skew the random dreams to dream suites which have been updated recently.

6,500 bells? Pfft, I make more than that just hitting the money rock every day.

Koomaster

6,500 bells? Pfft, I make more than that just hitting the money rock every day.
You have to think long-term. That's an extra 1,500 bells a day for doing essentially nothing. Plus the more people dream of your town the bigger the bonus grows.

Anyway, it's definitely not meant to be a huge thing, just an extra something for having a popular dream town.

lol. I was never really motivated to get into the turnip game. I think I bought some once but then I forgot I ever had em and they were in my storage for like months.

I guess it takes such minimum effort out of my week that I don't mind. Made five million today so I'm pretty happy about that. Only lost out one week where I got overwhelmed and forgot to sell at a good price.

Elija2

Wow... does no one do turnips anymore? I expected quiet... but damn.

Perfect fruit are a safer investment. Once I got the gold turnip badge I quit turnips for good.

They say there's such a thing as turnip fever that makes you go crazy. I don't wanna go crazy.

Oxx

I haven't turned any nips in a while.

I have 40 mill in the bank and that's probably enough to fund me forever. The only reason to continue would be the 100 million bell badge.

But that would take a lot of time and finding good sale prices will only get more difficult.

Adjusted for daylight savings time?

Ooh, that's probably it.

I figured I'll hang around for a bit just in case there might be some late peeps but I feel kinda bummed that with as much as you guys have helped me out in the past with nip prices, I couldn't return the favor more.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow... does no one do turnips anymore? I expected quiet... but damn.

I've only done them twice, the first month of playing I think. If I wanted to do it, I'd probably have to make an alt since I never have any space, but even then, it's just a hassle most of the time. Mainly because I'm lazy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only got as far as silver for the turnip badge. After getting a good price in my town and raking in some dosh I just never really bothered.

The good prices seemed to always occur when I was at work or asleep.

Frogstep

I've only done them twice, the first month of playing I think. If I wanted to do it, I'd probably have to make an alt since I never have any space, but even then, it's just a hassle most of the time. Mainly because I'm lazy.

This pretty much explains why I don't really get into it either. I only found them useful when I needed to get ants and flies.

Mephala

Alright opening my gate.

Katie dropped her ticket so she didn't make it onto the train. I got the signatures though.

I am surprised Soleil remembers me and even still calls me by the nickname I picked. Its great seeing her again and how she remembers her time with me. An unexpected but pleasant surprise. :D

Thanks!

Wolfe

Katie dropped her ticket so she didn't make it onto the train. I got the signatures though.

I found out why, she's already roaming around my town today lol. Not sure how I missed that.

Speaking of which is anyone around that wouldn't mind me dropping her off?

Mekere

Graham the smug-hipster-stalker-two timer-creepy hamster is leaving! All packed today if someone is crazy enough to want him.

Graham.png

Oxx

I think I have a gap in my town, but I want to keep it a hamster-free zone.

I'll have probably picked-up a villagers through streetpass today anyway.

Lio

Banned
Anyone interested in my tra... collection? You can take it for free. Everything. Free. Did I said everything it's free?

Majora's Mask
Arwing
Hero's Pants
Varia Suit shoes x2
Block Floor
Varia Suit
Goal Pole x2
Triple Red Shells
Virtual Boy
Red Pikmin Hat
Hero's Cap x2
Green Shell x2
Samus Mask
S.S Dolphin
Blue Pikmin Hat x2
Hero's Cloth
Triple Bananas

Animekatt

I think I have an extra stool and table if you need either of those.

I need both actually lol. I have extras of the hanger (Which I know you have), end table, and wall lamp.

I have so far from the harvest series:
bed
clock
dresser
lamp
mirror
rug
sofa
TV
wall

Let me know if you need any of them, and I'll order them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I need both actually lol. I have extras of the hanger (Which I know you have), end table, and wall lamp.

I have so far from the harvest series:
bed
clock
dresser
lamp
mirror
rug
sofa
TV
wall

Let me know if you need any of them, and I'll order them.

I need the end table and wall lamp so that would work. Harvest wise, I'll just wait til the store stops selling it and then I'll cry about what I need still here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom