• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next fishing tourney is a week from Saturday if you guys want to get a head start looking for carp, crucian carp, and black bass before the 16th.

Marvie_3

Banned
Graham the smug-hipster-stalker-two timer-creepy hamster is leaving! All packed today if someone is crazy enough to want him.

Graham.png

If I didn't already have Rodney, I'd take him. I'm trying to avoid the multiple animals thing ever since the game stuck me with 3 kangaroos to start.

Three of my five mushrooms were underneath one tree today. Game is apparently dumbing itself down after my fossil debacle.

Gulp. Animal called Scoot gonna move into my town.

Quack quack. I wouldn't mind if Scoot turned up randomly. You could certainly do a lot worse.

Ragus

Banned
This is my first AC and after 2 days, I like it very much. I didn't know what to expect, but it's a very fun experience. Today, when I was coming back from college, there was only AC in my head. It was like "shit, I need to pay 10k to Nook before his shop is closed. Oh, and I should visit my neighbours".

Shit's addictive, yo.

Oh, and I have a question. I was selling junk at Re-Tail, and by mistake, I also sold my shovel and net. I went to the shop on main street to buy those 2 again, but they were sold out :(.

Did I fuck up badly? Will those items show up tomorrow? If yes, then I know what I'm doing tomorrow at 10 am (besides moving into my first house, of course - bye bye, tent ;p)

Oh, and how long do you guys play on a single day? I played for 30 minutes yesterday, and 30 today, but it may be because of the fact, that I couldn't play in the morning, damn classes.

Wolfe

Quack quack. I wouldn't mind if Scoot turned up randomly. You could certainly do a lot worse.

That's the truth, he's one if the Jock characters I wouldn't mind having.

@Ragus: they'll show up again at some point, as for the play time I found myself playing longer the further I got into the game since there's more to do as time goes on.

Frogstep

This is my first AC and after 2 days, I like it very much. I didn't know what to expect, but it's a very fun experience. Today, when I was coming back from college, there was only AC in my head. It was like "shit, I need to pay 10k to Nook before his shop is closed. Oh, and I should visit my neighbours".

Shit's addictive, yo.

Oh, and I have a question. I was selling junk at Re-Tail, and by mistake, I also sold my shovel and net. I went to the shop on main street to buy those 2 again, but they were sold out :(.

Did I fuck up badly? Will those items show up tomorrow? If yes, then I know what I'm doing tomorrow at 10 am (besides moving into my first house, of course - bye bye, tent ;p)

Oh, and how long do you guys play on a single day? I played for 30 minutes yesterday, and 30 today, but it may be because of the fact, that I couldn't play in the morning, damn classes.

You should be able to get those items back in no time. I believe the shovel, fishing pole and net cycle randomly through your first store.
The slingshot will later show up once your store has been upgrade once and landscaping tools (axe,watering can) will only appear in Leif's store once he gets set up on your main street.

I usually play about an hour or so a day, sometimes an hour during the day and about another hour+ at night. This is one of those games where you can just pick up and play how many hours you feel like playing, real relaxing. Glad you're really digging the game. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Depends on the day. If it's the first of the month (new bugs and fish) or there's an event going on, I probably play a few hours, maybe more. Normally I'm down to about an hour or less these days. Back when GAF and some of my friends were more active though, I used to basically have it on most of the day to let people in or just chat in-game. Not to mention all the cataloging events I and others set up. Good times :)

Koomaster

My activity log says my average playtime is 2hrs 57min/day.

The days I need to tan though it's usually 30min-1hr afk on the island, so not really playing during that time.

suzu

Aww Lobo is in my camp, but I'm at ten villagers already.

Btw thanks everyone for the comments about the swapnotes! Hopefully Miiverse will come soon.

I've fallen into a rhythm of short bursts of time during the day (morning check in, lunch, afternoon break, while cooking dinner) and then sitting down with it for an hour or so in the early evening while I'm watching sports. Less if I haven't been given much to do and more if there's something in particular that I want to accomplish. As the others have said, you make your own goals and set your own pace.

Be careful if you play while cooking though. :/

Elija2

I have some stuff to give away still. If anyone wants any of these just let me know:

sporty floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
Ultra Hand x2
miniature car
Ultra Scope
golden wall torch
old wallpaper x3
jack-in-the-box
red-pumpkin head
creepy cauldron
pink-azalea start x5
white-azalea start x5
gold bug trophy
forest wall

Niraj

tumblr_mvyvlfC1qm1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Traveled so far I had to ride the... train!

Thanks again Eli!

That's just her indirect way of telling you she wants you to build the bus station PWP. Don't let her down!

Unless you already have and I just overlooked it :p

I caved in and made a second character. His locker is full already and his tent also. Tomorrow his house is build and start expanding to put some more stuff away...

Some stuff on the beach is in the locker now, but to have everything of the beach, I don't think it'll be enough with that second character. Although I still need to arrange my first character's house, so maybe, just maybe...

Koomaster

That's just her indirect way of telling you she wants you to build the bus station PWP. Don't let her down!

Unless you already have and I just overlooked it :p
That is someone in Eli's town. And yeah I do have a bus station, it's over by the entrance to the western beach. So a little out of the way so it's easy to miss.

Niraj

That is someone in Eli's town. And yeah I do have a bus station, it's over by the entrance to the western beach. So a little out of the way so it's easy to miss.

Duh, my mistake lol. I probably just overlooked it since I was worried about disconnecting again :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My average playtime has probably plummeted now that I swap between this and Pokémon. Used to be really long since I'd have it in sleep mode for days without exiting.

Elija2

My average playtime has probably plummeted now that I swap between this and Pokémon. Used to be really long since I'd have it in sleep mode for days without exiting.

My average playtime has also dropped, but not because of Pokemon (which I haven't played in days). There just aren't that many daily chores for me to do. Halloween was the last time that I played New Leaf for more than 2 hours.

Reckoner

I miss playing Animal Crossing so much. Have already been two months and I would love to get back, but just thinking how degradated it may be at this time...

man I hate this game so much sometimes

I havent been able to play all week because of exams and projects but apollo went ahead and moved while I was away because he probably thought I was neglecting him

Makes me not want to play the game :mad:

Koomaster

My beloved Koo,

Picking out this furniture
felt like we were about to
start a new life together.
I had a feeling this would
blend right in with the rest
of your belongings.

Is this real? - Olaf​
Is this real?! Olaf seems to have a crush on me.
He sent me a raven pole. There is a joke to be made here, but I won't.

Edit: Went to go talk to him and he gave me a peacock chair. <___<;;;

Niraj

Is this real?! Olaf seems to have a crush on me.
He sent me a raven pole. There is a joke to be made here, but I won't.

Edit: Went to go talk to him and he gave me a peacock chair. <___<;;;

Lol. Those smug villagers man...Lionel sent me a letter once that was something to the effect of him dreaming about water cascading over my head :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom